Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby iambic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm

been thinking long and hard about what doesn't suck about america this week, and I think one thing is the green candies here are apple flavor instead of lime

drawing a blank otherwise
iambic

Postby Merciel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Surprisingly good endodontic technology.

I had to get a root canal re-done today because there had been a slow-boiling bone infection in the original one that was torturing me for FIVE YEARS(!!!) and it just became big enough to show up on an x-ray about a week and a half ago, so my regular dentist was like "whoops lol, hey, good news is we found out why that tooth's been bugging you all this time, bad news is you have to get your root canal re-done," and I was all worked up to fear and dread the procedure

but it turned out to take 45 minutes from the time I walked into the endodontist's office to the time I walked out, and the whole thing was completely painless apart from the single Novocaine injection at the beginning. It still sounded loud and terrifying, but the actual pain experienced was nil.

What an amazing world we live in when they can just grind through a solid porcelain crown, crack open your molar, pull out the previous root canal's fillers, drill out rotten pulp with five years' worth of infections, replace the old filler with new bacteria-killing temp fillers, and then seal it up again and send you home in under an hour, and it doesn't even fucking hurt.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Merciel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm

I think about all the trial and error and experimentation that went into, e.g., previous generations of technology where root canal fillers were less biocompatible, or harder to remove if the original treatment failed, and how some smart person solved every one of those issues, one by one, to avoid the suffering of future patients, and it's just, like: you know, sometimes humans are actually amazing.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby iambic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:17 pm

okay we got root canals and apple candies
iambic

Postby Merciel » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm

truly the cycle of life
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby deadbass » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 pm

New discovery: Sour Mini Starbursts.
deadbass

Postby alaska » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm

i wish i were in a not-on-fire yosemite
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby dylanclub » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:54 pm

yeah diners and water fountains
dylanclub

Postby dvr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Merciel wrote:Surprisingly good endodontic technology.

I had to get a root canal re-done today because there had been a slow-boiling bone infection in the original one that was torturing me for FIVE YEARS(!!!) and it just became big enough to show up on an x-ray about a week and a half ago, so my regular dentist was like "whoops lol, hey, good news is we found out why that tooth's been bugging you all this time, bad news is you have to get your root canal re-done," and I was all worked up to fear and dread the procedure

but it turned out to take 45 minutes from the time I walked into the endodontist's office to the time I walked out, and the whole thing was completely painless apart from the single Novocaine injection at the beginning. It still sounded loud and terrifying, but the actual pain experienced was nil.

What an amazing world we live in when they can just grind through a solid porcelain crown, crack open your molar, pull out the previous root canal's fillers, drill out rotten pulp with five years' worth of infections, replace the old filler with new bacteria-killing temp fillers, and then seal it up again and send you home in under an hour, and it doesn't even fucking hurt.

not to belittle your post, but as i said on page 2:

dvr wrote:I almost said medicine, then I realized the insurance shit show. But still, extremely high quality health care exists
dvr

Postby murray st. » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 am

murray st.

Postby aububs » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 am

iambic wrote:been thinking long and hard about what doesn't suck about america this week, and I think one thing is the green candies here are apple flavor instead of lime

drawing a blank otherwise

wow this is probably one of the worst things about america imo

#limelife
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby RIXX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:46 am

Merciel wrote:Surprisingly good endodontic technology.

yeah when I got a root canal I was severely underwhelmed because like, root canals are the thing that people most often reference offhandedly to pain levels

and then it didn't even hurt! it was over before I knew it! and I had one of the more difficult root canals in one of my very back upper teeth

i'm also highly impressed by places that can 3D-scan and print a new crown and implant it all in the same appointment.
RIXX

Postby Kenny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:55 am

I went to the American consulate recently and the generic american politeness was really homey feeling. I was saying Thank You Very Muches and getting Youre Welcome!s left and right

Also not precisely the accent but the sort of lightness of American voices are a feeling of relief after how heavy everybody talks here.

Plus the great state of California is something great about America

And red hot cheetos, cactus coolers and cheddar and sour cream (and queso) ruffles
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:17 am

theres probabaly some people named Gorm
my piano

Postby Durham » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:20 am

sordid affair, in July, wrote:birthright citizenship

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,
Durham

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 am

everything is ugly so theres no problem with burning it down etc
my piano

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 am

We got them football players that stand or dont stand when the magic flag song is playing
my piano

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 am

we had that one first lady who talked about arugula pretty often, it has a peppery flavor
my piano

Postby chandler » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am

i was at a restaurant the other day when a dad sat down with his two young (like 5 and 3) daughters at a booth near me. the girls were being somewhat loud and animated but in a totally normal kids way, not screaming or throwing tantrums or whatever. a woman who was seated at the booth next to them eventually got up and confronted the dad about his kids behavior and actually started lecturing the kids - 'in france, children do not act this way at a restaurant, they are polite and quiet, this is so rude' etc etc...oh god. she was middle aged, wearing a scowl, and just full on embracing the snooty french person stereotype we all know. the dad was all 'hey sorry, i know, i just got off work and they were at home all day and they're excited to be out and i'll ask them to settle down'

anyway, i was the first person at the bar to notice what was going on and turned around and gave the dad a 'is the lady serious?' look and he started laughing. after a couple of minutes, it was clear he had had enough and i joined in on the conversation and we were both pulling the 'nodding with approval, saying the things they want to hear, but obviously fuck you' sarcastic tone. one by one the other bar patrons around me noticed what was going on and sort of did the same thing, culminating with a 20-something woman going 'lady, you're the rude one, go sit back down'

there was something very american and reaffirming about it all, a cross-section of american people and life at a bar confronting this ridiculous woman who had the nerve to tell a parent how to raise their kids, a cardinal sin. she left ten minutes later barely having touched her sandwich and beer, after which one of the girls asked if 'maybe her family is dead?' :lol:
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:18 am

I like.the French woman maybe if we had more disapproving scowling foreigners around we wouldnt have turned out so fucking awful
my piano

Postby chandler » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

wrong thread bud!
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 am

yhis is America and our threads are avanti garde
my piano

Postby Celiac Cruz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 am

Avenatti garde please
delgriffith wrote:Images aren't showing up, Celiac Cruz :( Looks like they're on a Dropbox and need to be hosted somewhere else (like imgur?)
Celiac Cruz

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:21 am

I saw a syeteotypcial german person eating shit or doing a holocaust or something, I told him he is a jerk and to stuff it loser
my piano

Postby Kiki » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 am

Nice anecdote chandler but plenty of Americans do exactly what you saw a French person do.
Kiki

Postby Kiki » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 am

Also, American accents are not something that doesn't suck about America.
Kiki

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am

another time a Chinese person had a lot of pride in their culture and history and I told him where he can take that stuff like maybe a museum of boredom where there aren't any monster truck
my piano

Postby Celiac Cruz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 am

America does suck, that's why this thread is 8 pages long and the trump thread is 6900, idk what to tell you
delgriffith wrote:Images aren't showing up, Celiac Cruz :( Looks like they're on a Dropbox and need to be hosted somewhere else (like imgur?)
Celiac Cruz

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:26 am

one time I grabbed a penny from q rock just over the guard rail at the Grand Canyon and a British woman told me I shouldn't take those because people threw them there for luck and I told her that throwing coins at stuff doesn't work
my piano

Postby my piano » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 am

Can. I have the French womans phone number I want to go on a date with her to tell at children and not eat food that I paid for
my piano

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....