Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

how many attack gems u at

i was at 2 up until about 450 hours

have 5 now but i still never use more than 2 in any build so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
broodstar

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

oh my agitator is from the nerg vambraces, handi from the charm, and i dont have marathon runner lol

all things i would like to have! but i just seem to get all the ranged r7/r8 decos instead
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

broodstar wrote:how many attack gems u at

i was at 2 up until about 450 hours

have 5 now but i still never use more than 2 in any build so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

uh like two lol
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:38 pm

rn though im just grinding out streamstones for a big ass deco snipe run in a night or two. tonight might be the night, actually.
a-10 warthog champion

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:40 pm

i think 1 attack deco every 200-400 hours seems to be about the norm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... GV/pubhtml

i basically had everything except guard+more attack+agitator before mods came out and i had no qualms either cheating in the decos you want or installing something that smoothens out the drop rate across all decos
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:42 pm

now i never have to write down the next 200 decos im going to get from the melder in a txtpad ever again
broodstar

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:48 pm

of COURSE you wouldnt use a spreadsheet you madman

i also got a guard really early on and i use no weapons that can guard lol
a-10 warthog champion

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:50 pm

i never got used to using excel but did get used to using notepad++ for writing down math or other notes and i'm not sure that inputting the data is any easier one way or the other since you don't need to sort it

it's great that even when you have this long page of 200 decos in sequential order, you still need to periodically check where you are at in the queue every 10 hunts or so because it will move you up randomly in the queue from 0-2 every hunt

never again
broodstar

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm

do you like start with an attack deco or something

i never figured out why i always had one from like the start
a-10 warthog champion

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm

broodstar wrote:i never got used to using excel but did get used to using notepad++ for writing down math or other notes and i'm not sure that inputting the data is any easier one way or the other since you don't need to sort it

it's great that even when you have this long page of 200 decos in sequential order, you still need to periodically check where you are at in the queue every 10 hunts or so because it will move you up randomly in the queue from 0-2 every hunt

never again

wait so is it random or not? because i thought it was supposed to be 1-1-2 and when something didnt come out right (i was only looking like 10 steps ahead) the other night i couldnt figure out if i was an idiot, too stoned, or if it wasn't actually 1-1-2
a-10 warthog champion

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:53 pm

yeah you start with one as soon as decos are unlocked

a lot of people get excited and meld it away because the melder's facilities are also unlocked and then later realize the gravitas of their mistake
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:54 pm

a-10 warthog champion wrote:wait so is it random or not? because i thought it was supposed to be 1-1-2 and when something didnt come out right (i was only looking like 10 steps ahead) the other night i couldnt figure out if i was an idiot, too stoned, or if it wasn't actually 1-1-2

i don't know for sure. it's been a while. but as far as i can tell, for 90% of hunts, it will advance you one step (i.e. three decos). some hunts it will advance you two steps (i.e. six decos), and some, zero. i think time taken and failed missions are also a factor--a failed hunt in <5 mins is likely to not advance you, i think, but it can.
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 pm

it obeys a 2-1-1 pattern. no randomness
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 pm

also cb can crit and empress ruin aff cb crit build seems very fun and good. odium is a cheap version before then but whatever. saed sort of can’t crit but the idea that it can’t crit at all has been spread a lot. phials can’t crit, the axe portions can
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 pm

well there u go im an idiot

u can snipe a deco in the middle of a "2" cycle by just forging a throwaway tier 4 or 5 stone

^phials can't crit yeah
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:12 pm

i’m at the point where i need basically one magazine gem and that’s it at about 150 hours or wherever i’m at. 3 charger would be nice but i don’t even have one so it isn’t gonna happen any time soon. free elem would be nice too someday

anyway because i need so little shit my deco snipe life consists of sniping the next 30 melds, seeing nothing i need, and just totally ignoring it until i think i’ve about progressed through that. i need that mag gem so badly, im tired of strapping dodo greaves to all my cb and gunlance builds. but i’ve found 6 mighty bow jewels so what the fuck

ready for kulve now please. this carrot is awfully worn out
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:04 pm

well restarting 4u (/xx) while waiting for someone to send me a clean save with dlc on it so back to world
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:42 pm

every time a quest or game makes me start with yellow sharpness i die a little inside
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 pm

anyway since i know everyone is SO curious

this game is still fun, mostly. i did the Sapphire Star quest last night which was cool. shortcutting to the decos i want has not affected its longevity at all because i still mostly like hunting monsters. i am, however, all the more tired of invasions all the time, not least because they seem to be hardcoded into certain quest arrangements/formats. im sure most of the people who still play this game are tired of hearing me talk about this, but i am very tired of fighting legi, bazel, and gajakala in the area next to ne camp. i am very tired of legi, bazel and pink rath in the area underneath. i am very tired of bazel invading odo hunts in vale, not least because the game ccannot seem to handle bazel in small areas which results in a lot of teleporting monsters. i get that they wanted to spice things up more than just fighting one monster at a time would be, but the more i play the more i think the current implementation of the invasion system is a failure

ive been playing a bit with every weapon except db and hbg, which has been a nice way of keeping stuff fresh, but is maybe not as much of a source of longevity as i'd hoped—only lance and an unoptimally-played CB really have the right kind of depth in the right kind of quantities to keep me on them for more than a hunt at a time. i feel like there's a version of gunlance that would probably fit the bill, something between wide and melee that actually uses the whole moveset, but i dont think that exists in the game right now

fun game though. wish they were giving pc people more content faster
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:48 pm

oh my god konchu are like the lavasioth of every game aren't they

stupid little rolling balls
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:33 pm

oh my god 4u is so good.
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 pm

i guess that's why capping is so good in mhw and equivalent to just instantaneously dealing 25-30% of a monster's health

resources scarcer/there's no indicator/pretty easy to run out of tranqs and fail quest/sometimes worse rewards

breaking heads/tails is the only way to get good parts which is kinda something
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 am

i wish there was an active community for this cause id definitely play it over world in a heartbeat

maybe it's mhxx or p3rd time
broodstar

Postby No Good Advice » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 am

p3rd is still I think the easiest mon hun. Fun though, especially for casuals like me
No Good Advice

Postby No Good Advice » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:44 am

Most disappointing aspect of World is the music tbh. Main theme is good, not really any remarkable tunes other than that
No Good Advice

Postby broodstar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 am

i just want more content

whoever designed egg quests is pure evil and a half

i think there's only 2 in world. in 4u there's one every level and when you pick up an egg it spawns aggressive enemies and blocks off paths back randomly and you have to traverse the entire map back

and these fucking robber cats oh my god
broodstar

Postby gordie blue eyes » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:30 pm

broodstar/nga/pootis/whoever else wants to jump in, let's tack another page onto this thread real fast

i really want to love this game. whenever i play though the combat feels ultra clunky and tedious. the fights seem to go on and on, and i'm just whaling away for what feels like forever. there's no lock on, right? what am i missing? if i keep playing it will it suddenly make sense?
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby gordie blue eyes » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 pm

zero hate intended with that softball of a post. i realize that's kind of a real shallow take. all i really want is to have this game magically unlock and become as fun as seemingly everybody else on the internet says it is
gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby broodstar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:26 pm

i think there's a lock on? dunno. there is for previous iterations designed for handheld (necessary). not sure for pc/world. try this: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterW ... in_combat/. i would rather play with just mouse precision, though

also don't know that i'll be able to magically unlock the game for you. when i started, hunts took maybe 15-30 min. as you get better gear and better at the game, average hunt time goes down to about 5 min. but i enjoyed the process throughout, so i don't know if combat will suddenly click for you. combat is the smoothest it's ever been, but hardly perfect. try different weapons--which weapon are you using? i'd basically just recommend something stupid like longsword or dual blades, but anything you find fun will work. and also try multiplayer if you haven't, because even with randoms, it's a lot funner for me.
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm

there's a lock on but it's a trap

i think the pleasure in the game comes from finding a weapon that opens the combat up for you, and feeling the potential/drive to improve yourself within a system that can very solidly support a lot of self-improvement

the weapon thing is the big thing though! I was very sure i'd be an insect glaive guy when i picked it up, but it took trying lbg and then cb for the game to really click
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....