i could find the san diego thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby tarantula » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:21 am

tarantula

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:46 am

[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby tarantula » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 am

the best mexican food restaurant in sd (just to give this stupid thread some legitimacy)

http://elzarape.menutoeat.com/

the house burrito is chicken mole and destroys all other chicken burritos

tarantula

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:50 am

I was a fan of Tio Carlos on Rosecranz but it's been so long I don't know if it still exists

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby jack » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 am

it doesn't

jack

Postby Kenny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:01 am

Rest in peace

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby hologram » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:03 am

Colima’s

hologram
acid casualty

Postby jack » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 am

its tacos el gordo

jack

Postby fury » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:18 am

Colima’s has the best California burrito.

fury
ok

Postby madness and chaos » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am

oh i made that sandy eggo thread

i left already, but i had asked for things like this
Roberto Bolaño's chair

madness and chaos

Postby rixx » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:46 am

recently I went to this hip mexican restaurant in NYC that had a California burrito on the menu, but they called it a SF Burrito. I was fuckin Pissed I almost called the cops. how dare they

I still ordered it though. it was pretty mediocre. weird that california burritos don't really seem to exist on the east coast

rixx

Postby Beaver King » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:00 pm

San Diego rules. only been there once, but damn its sick

Beaver King
ok

Postby hologram » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm

fury wrote:Colima’s has the best California burrito.

I was a breakfast burrito bandito when I lived there and they would always charge me $4.20 and they'd be playing reruns of the 60s Batman tv show

San Diego was simpler times for me

life long ban on Pokez after finding a bug crawling out of my torta but I was too high to say anything

hologram
acid casualty

Postby port » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Anyone got good restaurant recommendations for SD? I'll be there for a month starting Monday. Living in Ocean Beach and working downtown. Don't know the city at all but looking forward to it!

port

Postby tarantula » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:48 am

hey port, you should check out bali hai in point loma for a nice space with water views, tiki cocktails and like indonesian skewers

streetcar merchants in northpark for chicken and waffles, nomad donuts for vegan donuts nearby

in south park you should check out kindred for vegan brunch, lunch, dinner, beer, cocktails and black metal played quietly in the background

if you want to explore an explosion of asian foods you've got to go to convoy st. in kearny mesa... recommend red moon noodle house and their vegetable yakisoba as a starting point

there's an izakaya i don't want anyone to know about that's insanely good but only seats 12 people and usually has an hour wait to get in, so pm me if you care to know

tarantula

Postby tarantula » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:35 am

https://hiddensandiego.net/

they actually describe this cave i found in my neighborhood prior to discovering their website so i know it's legit

tarantula

Postby tarantula » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:42 am

Measure Y is a bit more controversial and confusing. Also known as the Save Our Open Spaces and Agricultural Resources (SOAR) initiative, it would ostensibly make sure that there is a public vote when it comes to changing zoning laws. The controversy in question is farmland in north Oceanside where developers want to build homes and the measure aims to make sure they can’t do that without a public vote. What’s even more interesting is that developers and Oceanside farmers are both against the measure, with the latter group claiming concerns about “eminent domain.” Groups like the Sierra Club and the League of Women Voters are for the measure, claiming that any changes to zoning laws should be left up to the people. This one was tough because we’re all for building more housing, but the development in question is just a bunch of fancy estate homes and a hotel. And while we’re all for direct democracy, it still seems like the city council should be in charge when it comes to zoning laws. After all, isn’t that what they were elected to do? We were on the fence about this one, but we’re ultimately going to say no on Y. It sets a bad precedent and voters shouldn't have to wait months, if not years, for an election every time they want to change zoning laws. However, we won’t blame anyone if they vote yes on Y.

i'm voting yes on y

tarantula

Postby medicore bob dole gimmick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:47 pm

port wrote:Anyone got good restaurant recommendations for SD? I'll be there for a month starting Monday. Living in Ocean Beach and working downtown. Don't know the city at all but looking forward to it!

Ive got an extra ticket to Julien Baker on Nov 29 Obervatory, coming to san diego for a conference that weekend, any interest in hanging out with another traveler?

medicore bob dole gimmick

Postby port » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:44 am

medicore bob dole gimmick wrote:
port wrote:Anyone got good restaurant recommendations for SD? I'll be there for a month starting Monday. Living in Ocean Beach and working downtown. Don't know the city at all but looking forward to it!

Ive got an extra ticket to Julien Baker on Nov 29 Obervatory, coming to san diego for a conference that weekend, any interest in hanging out with another traveler?

Dude I’d love to (I’ve always appreciated your medical advice and enjoy meeting boarders on the road) but I’ll already be on to the next town by then!

port

Postby joe » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:04 am

haven't been to sd since i moved to socal, but i liked it all the times i visited. should do a weekedn down there or something

joe

Postby port » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:14 am

My AirBnB has the most incredible views. I wake up every morning looking at the ocean. COME ON.

port

Postby medicore bob dole gimmick » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 pm

port wrote:
medicore bob dole gimmick wrote:

Dude I’d love to (I’ve always appreciated your medical advice and enjoy meeting boarders on the road) but I’ll already be on to the next town by then!

Oh no! I was looking forward to it! Let's do a raincheck and let me know if you are passing through KC MO.

medicore bob dole gimmick

Postby tarantula » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:41 am

i'm putting the name/location of the secret sd izakaya in the members only drop box thread so lurkers can't find it (pm's are down)

tarantula

Postby hologram » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm

the best area regardless of the coast is Julian, CA

I would shred some Dudley's fruit bars right now

hologram
acid casualty

Postby hologram » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:26 pm

need to move back, LA has been a drag

hologram
acid casualty

Postby Tai-Pan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 pm

I moved to SD for work - I'm living in the Gaslamp Quarter and I've been here a couple of months now. It's pretty awesome so far! Who are the San Diego hipinioner's? (I see tarantula so far!) Any hiking recommendations? So far I've been going to Mission Trails a few times a week, although last month I hiked up El Capitan, which was a pretty major trek (13 miles total w/3300 ft elevation gain).
Tai-Pan

Postby tarantula » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:44 am

tarantula

Postby jack » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:26 am

afoot & afield is essential.

iron mountain in poway is a nice hike. mount woodson is cool but there are usually a million people waiting in line to take a picture on potato chip rock. torrey pines has beautiful trails but closer to a walk than a hike.

jack

Postby jubjub » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:33 pm

I live there in uni heights. A few personal highlights are casbah, turf club, livewire, divine mexican food pretty much everywhere. Bahn thai is great street thai food, hane is good sushi.

jubjub

Postby jubjub » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Anyone else here :P

jubjub

Next

Return to Aguachile Alley