Can we admit that Obama has a really big stick?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Cause really, he's a sucky president.
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby witchfinder » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

indeed
User avatar
witchfinder
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Postby badhat » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

rank him among the previous 5
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
User avatar
badhat
 
Posts: 47918
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Location: monitoring the situation

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

badhat wrote:rank him among the previous 5


1. Clinton
2. Reagan
3. Bush
4. Obama
5. GWB
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby gold and glass » Mon May 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Pretty bad.
fuck you and your corporation
User avatar
gold and glass
ok
 
Posts: 21510
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm
Location: york, pa

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe he'll turn it around, but probably not.
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby fester » Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Clinton and Reagan were both pretty unpopular at this point in their first terms too.
------------
User avatar
fester
 
Posts: 18538
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: probably somewhere dumb

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm

sigh
User avatar
mites
 
Posts: 33342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Bmore

Postby worrywort » Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

he's fine by me.
User avatar
worrywort
 
Posts: 12051
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: california

Postby delgriffith » Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Dude's just making ends meet.
User avatar
delgriffith
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

He's been fine.
User avatar
Spoilt Victorian Child
ok
 
Posts: 34138
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 pm

fester wrote:Clinton and Reagan were both pretty unpopular at this point in their first terms too.


Both, however, were mostly doing what they had promised to do, even if feckless due to congressional opposition.

Most of what Obama's done flies in the face of what he purported to stand for. I mean, is this the Obama that was supposed to be the anti-Bush?
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby Durham » Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Worst black president ever
User avatar
Durham
 
Posts: 39472
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: 火車

Postby MikeS » Mon May 24, 2010 5:53 pm

He's gotten the most legislation passed through in a first year and a half since Regan
User avatar
MikeS
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm
Location: Oregon

Postby beezlebub » Mon May 24, 2010 5:54 pm

It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.
Last edited by beezlebub on Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
beezlebub
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 am
Location: MING

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm

yea I've been disappointed with his retention and expansion of some executive power stuff, but rebooting the EPA, health care, the stimulus package and our draw out of Iraq have all out weighed that. oh also our change in focus on urban areas, especially drug stuff.
User avatar
mites
 
Posts: 33342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Bmore

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm

MikeS wrote:He's gotten the most legislation passed through in a first year and a half since Regan


Well of fucking course.
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Some major things that bother me:

1. His promise of no lobbyists in his administration, which he basically shit out with his morning coffee

2. Reducing the deficit

3. The Guantanamo clusterfuck

4. The U.S. drilling flip-flop

5. The transparency promise
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

beezlebub wrote:It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.

yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.
User avatar
mites
 
Posts: 33342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Bmore

Postby mcwop23 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

OKL will be frothing in here pretty soon
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 66383
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 5:59 pm

mites wrote:yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.


Clinton was a great president regardless of the tech boom.

The tech boom really didn't contribute that much to the economic health of the country anyway.
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby mcwop23 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 pm

i would like to see where we stand after a full term before we go jumping to conclusions
Image
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 66383
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

mcwop23 wrote:i would like to see where we stand after a full term before we go jumping to conclusions


Like I said, he could turn it around, but his actions thus far do not bode well.
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Erik Cheer wrote:Some major things that bother me:

1. His promise of no lobbyists in his administration, which he basically shit out with his morning coffee

2. Reducing the deficit

3. The Guantanamo clusterfuck

4. The U.S. drilling flip-flop

5. The transparency promise

if these are your complaints shouldn't you rank it like:

Clinton
Obama


Bush



GWB=Reagan??
User avatar
mites
 
Posts: 33342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Bmore

Postby beezlebub » Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

mites wrote:
beezlebub wrote:It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.

yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.


As Obama doesn't have much to do with this recession, but being figureheads and all. The point was more that shit was pretty banging when he left compared to when bush left.
User avatar
beezlebub
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 am
Location: MING

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Erik Cheer wrote:
mites wrote:yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.


Clinton was a great president regardless of the tech boom.

The tech boom really didn't contribute that much to the economic health of the country anyway.

what made clinton a great president? he inherited a great economic boom and transferred that GDP growth to paying off the deficit but he failed to deliver health care reform and was operating with a opposition legislature
User avatar
mites
 
Posts: 33342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm
Location: Bmore

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

mites wrote:
Erik Cheer wrote:Some major things that bother me:

1. His promise of no lobbyists in his administration, which he basically shit out with his morning coffee

2. Reducing the deficit

3. The Guantanamo clusterfuck

4. The U.S. drilling flip-flop

5. The transparency promise

if these are your complaints shouldn't you rank it like:

Clinton
Obama


Bush



GWB=Reagan??


That doesn't make sense.

There are presidents who I don't agree with who come in with a mission and execute it (or at least make sincere attempts to). They set goals and should be measured by those goals.

Reagan was a grade-A conservative piece of shit, but he accomplished a great deal of what this country wanted in the early 80s, with a few major indiscretions (massive increases in spending and backdoor negotiations for captives).
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby Luke » Mon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Let's give him a little more time here, to see if all this antichrist stuff pans out.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.
User avatar
Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡
 
Posts: 12484
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 am
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Intersectoid » Mon May 24, 2010 6:05 pm

universe wrote:
mites wrote:what made clinton a great president? he inherited a great economic boom and transferred that GDP growth to paying off the deficit but he failed to deliver health care reform and was operating with a opposition legislature


mainstreamed BJs


Signed this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

And thereby undid all his good economic work, if you want to call it that.

Also, a little too early on Obama, but the backlash is important.
User avatar
Intersectoid
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Postby ~> :? :? » Mon May 24, 2010 6:06 pm

mites wrote:he inherited a great economic boom and transferred that GDP growth to paying off the deficit but he failed to deliver health care reform and was operating with a opposition legislature


He didn't inherit an economic boom and he wasn't operating with an opposition legislature during his first term when he attempted to reform health care.

Are you retarded?
User avatar
~> :? :?
ride.
 
Posts: 7478
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Next

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdamThomas, anephric, antoine, ashtrayheart, Autarch, Bad craziness, Bartatua, Barthes Starr, becky, Birds vs Worms, blab, black drum, brent, brittle, bro tones, Buddy Glass, Catullus, CelticFC#1, chad, chopperpilot, clouds, conductor, coop, Daft Pun, deadbass, deadwolfbones, DigEm, dogshower, Dr. Norm Thagard, emotional fascism, Flossed Out, Gehrig Industries, Getbetter, ghostmouth, gobot, Gooey Bechamel, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], griffith scannell, Hal Jordan, Hauntedattic, hey nathan, hiddenicon, Hideaway Lights, hideout, hired goon, hocuscrocus, iacus, Intervalo, jack, jalapeño ranch, Jerry Lundegaard, Kevin McCallister, Kiki, landspeedrecord, lights, loaf angel, M. Piedlourde, Marcus, Mechanical bird, meeshpotato, Mesh, minerals, Mister E, Mr Spaceship, multipass, mynameisdan, naturemorte, NegativeCapability, new blood, old hat, normal finkenstein, number none, OKterrific, palmer eldritch, pez viking, Phil, pony, Poptone, port, Rainbow Battle Kid, rankoutsider, REAL BASED SLOB, Render, rex, scrambled, scrumptown, seafoam, shankly, shark week, Shotfrog, shoulders technicolor, Sissy Spacerock, southpaw, spix et chicho, starttomelt, surly, terminus, tgk, That Demon Life, the scofflaw, ThePettyDemon, This Guy, thrasher, trampoline, transitive, truncated, VHGisdead, viachicago, walt, wong, wuk, xxx-xxx-xxxx, You're a jerk.