Can we admit that Obama has a really big stick?

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:39 pm

Cause really, he's a sucky president.
Thank you for reading my posts ❤️

The Priest

Postby witchfinder » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

indeed

witchfinder

Postby board ghost » Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

rank him among the previous 5
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

board ghost

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm

badhat wrote:rank him among the previous 5

1. Clinton
2. Reagan
3. Bush
4. Obama
5. GWB

The Priest

Postby gold and glass » Mon May 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Pretty bad.
fuck you and your corporation

gold and glass
ok

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe he'll turn it around, but probably not.

The Priest

Postby fester » Mon May 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Clinton and Reagan were both pretty unpopular at this point in their first terms too.
------------

fester

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:47 pm

sigh

mites

Postby worrywort » Mon May 24, 2010 5:48 pm

he's fine by me.

worrywort

Postby delgriffith » Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Dude's just making ends meet.

delgriffith

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon May 24, 2010 5:49 pm

He's been fine.

Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 pm

fester wrote:Clinton and Reagan were both pretty unpopular at this point in their first terms too.

Both, however, were mostly doing what they had promised to do, even if feckless due to congressional opposition.

Most of what Obama's done flies in the face of what he purported to stand for. I mean, is this the Obama that was supposed to be the anti-Bush?

The Priest

Postby Durham » Mon May 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Worst black president ever

Durham

Postby MikeS » Mon May 24, 2010 5:53 pm

He's gotten the most legislation passed through in a first year and a half since Regan
MikeS

Postby beezlebub » Mon May 24, 2010 5:54 pm

It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.
Last edited by beezlebub on Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beezlebub

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm

yea I've been disappointed with his retention and expansion of some executive power stuff, but rebooting the EPA, health care, the stimulus package and our draw out of Iraq have all out weighed that. oh also our change in focus on urban areas, especially drug stuff.

mites

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm

MikeS wrote:He's gotten the most legislation passed through in a first year and a half since Regan

Well of fucking course.

The Priest

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Some major things that bother me:

1. His promise of no lobbyists in his administration, which he basically shit out with his morning coffee

2. Reducing the deficit

3. The Guantanamo clusterfuck

4. The U.S. drilling flip-flop

5. The transparency promise

The Priest

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

beezlebub wrote:It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.

yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.

mites

Postby mcwop23 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm

OKL will be frothing in here pretty soon
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mcwop23 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 pm

i would like to see where we stand after a full term before we go jumping to conclusions
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

mcwop23 wrote:i would like to see where we stand after a full term before we go jumping to conclusions

Like I said, he could turn it around, but his actions thus far do not bode well.

The Priest

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Erik Cheer wrote:Some major things that bother me:

1. His promise of no lobbyists in his administration, which he basically shit out with his morning coffee

2. Reducing the deficit

3. The Guantanamo clusterfuck

4. The U.S. drilling flip-flop

5. The transparency promise

if these are your complaints shouldn't you rank it like:

Clinton
Obama

Bush

GWB=Reagan??

mites

Postby beezlebub » Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

mites wrote:
beezlebub wrote:It only feels like that due to some GOP slight of hand. When Clinton left office, the books where basically balanced, we as a country where in the black and actually paying on the national debt as opposed to running it up further, and employment and the stock market where both at record highs. Everything was not perfect, as I am sure some people are going to point out, but things had been going pretty good. Then George comes in, fucks shit up so hard and fast in everyway possible that people vote for basically the farthest thing from him available, Obama in hopes for change or whatever. Unfortunately, all the remaining Republicans in the House and Senate responded to this change by basically not letting anything pass by them without them voting it down whether they actually liked the bill or not, all the while loudly complaining about Obama, and his inability to get things done. He inherited a completely fucked country and basically can't do much about it. Though despite being a pretty toxic situation for a president, and really has done some pretty cool shit considering how hard they have been trying to hogtie him. Like at least getting the ball rolling for health care reform. So I guess no, I don't think he has been that bad.

yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.

As Obama doesn't have much to do with this recession, but being figureheads and all. The point was more that shit was pretty banging when he left compared to when bush left.

beezlebub

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Erik Cheer wrote:
mites wrote:yea clinton didn't really have too much to do with those booms in the economy.

Clinton was a great president regardless of the tech boom.

The tech boom really didn't contribute that much to the economic health of the country anyway.

what made clinton a great president? he inherited a great economic boom and transferred that GDP growth to paying off the deficit but he failed to deliver health care reform and was operating with a opposition legislature

mites

Postby Luke » Mon May 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Let's give him a little more time here, to see if all this antichrist stuff pans out.
Catullus wrote:I'm not the arbitrator of nudes I just pointed out what made me sad inside.

Luke
くコ:彡 くコ:ミ くコ:彡

Postby Intersectoid » Mon May 24, 2010 6:05 pm

universe wrote:
mites wrote:what made clinton a great president? he inherited a great economic boom and transferred that GDP growth to paying off the deficit but he failed to deliver health care reform and was operating with a opposition legislature

mainstreamed BJs

Signed this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

And thereby undid all his good economic work, if you want to call it that.

Also, a little too early on Obama, but the backlash is important.

Intersectoid

Postby mites » Mon May 24, 2010 6:06 pm

I don't really think the country has any idea what it wants and it voted for reagan because of the iran hostage situation and stagflation and thought "OH SHIT THE PRESIDENT IS IMPORTANT, SURELY A NEW ONE COULD FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS!!!!"

mites

Postby brittle » Mon May 24, 2010 6:06 pm

if ineffective means sucky... and i guess it pretty much does.

brittle

Postby The Priest » Mon May 24, 2010 6:07 pm

mites wrote:I don't really think the country has any idea what it wants and it voted for reagan because of the iran hostage situation and stagflation and thought "OH SHIT THE PRESIDENT IS IMPORTANT, SURELY A NEW ONE COULD FIX ALL THESE PROBLEMS!!!!"

No doubt.

Carter blew the hostage situation and the economy was in the shitter.

The Priest

Next

Return to Aguachile Alley