Can we admit that Obama has a really big stick?

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Zwischenzug » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah. Does he know asl? Or was he just familiar with the sign? Or did he just recognize that the sign was praise and know how to say thank you?
Zwischenzug

Postby grammatron » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Yeah, it's possible he was just saying thank you to the deaf guy just like he was saying thank you to everyone else in the line, but still. P smooth.
grammatron

Postby WAC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 pm

That is awesome
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby important dentist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 pm

i mean just contrast it with romney saying "congratulations," then realizing his mistake and yelling "congratulations"
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby tgk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Made me cry. dammit.
tgk

Postby worrywort » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 pm

video of michelle at the bottom is just as awesome too (and probably satisfactorily answers the question of whether the pres just knows "thank you").
worrywort

Postby grammatron » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Didn't even notice the Michelle vid. Very good.
grammatron

Postby KALM » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

i don't think it was there when you first posted it
KALM

Postby Mr Spaceship » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

that was awesome
Mr Spaceship

Postby WAC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Man just having basic human decency puts him so far beyond anyone running for the Republican nomination.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby The Dirty Turtle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

shit, i just felt a human emotion
The Dirty Turtle
ok

Postby super gas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

DRUDGE: FLASH: U.S. SENT FRENCH SHOOTING SUSPECT BACK TO FRANCE FROM AFGHANISTAN...

Oh shit, Obama let this guy out?!

Oh wait...

"French shooting suspect had escaped from Afghan prison". Reuters

:?
super gas

Postby Mr Spaceship » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

conservative media thrives on misinformation and keeping their readers as stupid as possible
Mr Spaceship

Postby iambic » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 am

Obama saying he wants to come back to Ireland if reelected and Michelle saying she wants to bring the kids this time has further endeared him to us

yet sadly we cannot vote
iambic

Postby Robo-Chachi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:35 pm

You can influence your international girlfriends.
Robo-Chachi

Postby d2michael » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 am

suckitttt:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-2 ... years.html

Applications (INJCJC) for unemployment benefits dropped last week to the lowest level in four years, reinforcing signs the U.S. labor market is picking up.
Jobless claims decreased by 5,000 to 348,000 in the week ended March 17, the fewest since February 2008, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 46 economists in a Bloomberg News survey projected 350,000. The number of people on unemployment benefit rolls and those getting extended payments also fell.

Dismissals have been waning and reports show companies are becoming more willing to expand workforces amid evidence sales are improving. Employment growth will help spur consumer spending, which accounts for about 70 percent of the economy.
d2michael

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am

im that guy who got dog diarrhea in his beard
Frank

Postby super gas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

he's pretty cool
super gas

Postby WAC » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm

John Hood, president of the conservative North Carolina-based John Locke Foundation, has apologized for a very special graphic that one of his bloggers, “Hot Talk WRNN co-host Tara Servatius,” included in her post for the think tank’s blog this week. What is the controversy? All it did was show “President Obama in chains and drag with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.” What is the controversy? Everyone loves Kentucky Fried Chicken! And look, Tara Servatius says she “didn’t think about the racial implications of the picture when I posted it. I simply don’t think in those terms.” She’s a fun one.

In an exchange with Myrtle Beach’s The Sun News, Servatius explains that her graphic of President Obama in chains and drag eating a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken “was meant to illustrate Obama’s southern political strategy, nothing more.” Come again?

"At the time, I was searching for a picture of the president in drag to illustrate his southern political strategy of courting young voters, 70 percent of whom support gay marriage. It was one of the first photos to come up on Google Images. Regrettably, I didn’t think about the racial implications of the picture when I posted it. I simply don’t think in those terms. Unfortunately some people do."

http://wonkette.com/468005/conservative-think-tank-apologizes-for-posting-image-of-obama-eating-kfc-in-sex-chains
WAC

Postby sideshow raheem » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm

"At the time, I was searching for a picture of the president in drag to illustrate his southern political strategy of courting young voters, 70 percent of whom support gay marriage."

I know these words but this sentence doesn't make any sense
sideshow raheem
ok

Postby pinkerton » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:59 pm

WAC wrote:Tara Servatius

hey guys
pinkerton

Postby pinkerton » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:04 pm

she's just mad that her name sounds like a type of skin cancer
pinkerton

Postby seriesfinale » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:35 pm

WAC wrote:Image

John Hood, president of the conservative North Carolina-based John Locke Foundation, has apologized for a very special graphic that one of his bloggers, “Hot Talk WRNN co-host Tara Servatius,” included in her post for the think tank’s blog this week. What is the controversy? All it did was show “President Obama in chains and drag with a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.” What is the controversy? Everyone loves Kentucky Fried Chicken! And look, Tara Servatius says she “didn’t think about the racial implications of the picture when I posted it. I simply don’t think in those terms.” She’s a fun one.

In an exchange with Myrtle Beach’s The Sun News, Servatius explains that her graphic of President Obama in chains and drag eating a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken “was meant to illustrate Obama’s southern political strategy, nothing more.” Come again?

"At the time, I was searching for a picture of the president in drag to illustrate his southern political strategy of courting young voters, 70 percent of whom support gay marriage. It was one of the first photos to come up on Google Images. Regrettably, I didn’t think about the racial implications of the picture when I posted it. I simply don’t think in those terms. Unfortunately some people do."

http://wonkette.com/468005/conservative-think-tank-apologizes-for-posting-image-of-obama-eating-kfc-in-sex-chains

She doesn't deny apparently thinking in terms of equating gay marriage to S&M however.
seriesfinale

Postby Shalabi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Jesus Drudge:

Shalabi

Postby sleigh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

check out this absolute baller obama nommed to head up the world bank. skip right to 2:35 (or a bit earlier if you want to hear him sing, too)

so
sleigh
ok

Postby badhat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 am

holy shit the deaf guy vid just melted me
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby mcwop23 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Yup
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Durham » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Is this the place to talk about the Supreme Court SHOWDOWN next week or does someone wanna make a thread
Durham

Postby Amblin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Durham wrote:Is this the place to talk about the Supreme Court SHOWDOWN next week or does someone wanna make a thread

I kind of want a thread for it

Did we have a whole thread for the bill when it passed or did we do that in here? I don't want to look, probably like 75% nathan posts on capitulating on the public option.

Also it occurred to me that this statement this morning is the first time that Obama has "played the race card" as President right? Basically just look at Drudge. They've been waiting for this.
Amblin

Postby Hal Jordan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:30 pm

wonder what the view on Obama's call to Trayvon is from the other side?

First the Harvard Prof, now Trayvon..

is there a racial situation that isn;t media skewed that Obama won;t weigh in on?

I mean, as a racial uniter...you would think he would have learned from his "teachable moment" THE FIRST TIME, and waited for all the facts to come to light before running his mouth.

(here quotes Zimmerman's father saying Zimmerman is the real victim and everyone will be ashamed when the truth comes out)

do you think Obama is stupid enough to forget his own "teachable moment"?
----------------------------------------------------
Obama's intelligence isn't the issue.

Obama is a political animal. He's shamelessly playing to his base, just as he did in the Harvard prof/cop situation.

Post-racial president my ass.

Obama had the opportunity to call for calm and due process. He chose to continue revving up the lynch mob.

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccck

He chose to continue revving up the lynch mob.
-------------------------------------------
just like the harvard Prof...this will blow up in his face.

Then we can have another beer summit, and a teachable moment...AGAIN.

What a clown, he disrespects the office he holds everyday.

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you're accused of a hate crime and the media will pounce on you like wolves and ruin your life, the city police's lives, the district attorney's lives, etc. How quickly we all forget about the Duke Lacrosse scandal.

yet another attempt by Lame-Duck Barry to create a social-issue during an election year for the purpose of stirring up his base. He is shameless. He only cares what this boy looks like to the extent it allows him to inject himself into the situation for political purposes.
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All