Pro Wrestling: the thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby shirts optional » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Excellent final match and of course I wanted Strowman to get over

Rest of the card was average

shirts optional

Postby Milk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 pm

not reading up as im only past the Cass-Big show match but fuck what the fuck was that? But Usos New day was on the pre-show.... i don't understand what they're doing with both cass and enzo. This is SO fucking boring.

Good on natalya winning the title but..wait... NO FUCKING MITB TEASE? Ok well now if she doesn't try to cash it in on the raw women's title match (does it SAY it has to be SD?) then that's really really wasted and incomprehensible. Like i wasnt asking for a cash-in necessarily but just coming out with it at least as soon as natalya won

Wonder if Corbin is getting buried to the lower card. Mind you i understand giving him a win on cena was maybe too big. And at least Cena was getting pummeled through most of it.

I dont know what was the point of having tozawa win the title on raw to lose it right away. Maybe they'll go back and forth winning and losing it though. That could be ok.

Anyway so far without that Usos-new day match this isn't very good. But the potentially good matches have yet to come. Well i dunno... owens-styles if they bother. Sheasaro-Ambrollins could be good too.
I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind

Milk

Postby Milk » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 pm

WTF?

SD is burying Rusev now too?

That was SOME bullshit.

it's too bad both Cena and Orton draw. I wouldn't mind to not see them in a WWE ring anymore. Well maybe if they went very part time.

Milk

Postby cud nylon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:24 pm

was a bunch of them wearing red some sort of signal? are we gonna have a WWE DSA faction?
cud nylon

Postby Dinosauria We » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 am

super disappointed by this show. i think they whiffed on a handful of easy opportunities to move things in an interesting direction. nothing felt like it mattered. they moved belts around needlessly and kept the ones in place that needed the biggest boost (no ic title defense? the arena was nearly empty for the bullshit six-man on the preshow). although watching braun beat the hell out of lesnar was pretty cool, i can't identify another redeeming point on this show.

all of this happening directly on the heels of an incredible G1 makes the whole thing even more difficult to accept. thankfully nxt had its shit together this weekend.

Dinosauria We

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:57 am

Seems like SS sets up potentially way bigger shows for both brands, which makes it feel a little like a setup show.

I would not be shocked if Taker shows up on Raw, based on rumors. If so - if you did Taker/Reigns and Braun/Brock at No Mercy? That's a bigger show than this one. Maybe Hardyz/Shield/The Bar could be something pretty big too? Balor will probably have a better opponent than Bray.

Then on Smackdown, you've got Owens/Shane, most things would be hotter than Jinder/Nakamura as a near non-feud. I could see Cena/Jinder. Or we could see Bobby Roode come up to feud with Cena, maybe? But you need something hot enough for Hell in a Cell and while Cena/Jinder isn't too much, it'll work in a pinch, I think.

My best case scenario for both:

No Mercy:
Brock/Braun for the Universal Title
Reigns/Taker
Hardyz/Ambrose & Rollins/Sheamus & Cesaro for the tag titles
Asuka/Sasha for the Women's Title
Samoa Joe/Finn Balor
Miz/Jordan for the IC title
+filler

and

WWE Hell in a Cell:
Cena/Jinder for the WWE Title in Hell in a Cell
Owens/Shane
AJ/Nakamura for the US Title
Usos/New Day/Authors of Pain for the tag titles
Rusev/Orton

Obviously, a lot of that isn't set in stone. But... most of that seems plausible and I think No Mercy especially, if that was the case, would be more anticipated than SummerSlam was.
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am

I watch this show online (illegally) and there's no commercials and i skip all the segments presenting the feuds and its STILL way too fucking long.

Dual branded shows should only have title matches. I mean i complained abot tthe squash that was Rusev-Orton if only because Rusev doesnt deserve this (sure he was gonna lose, but don't squash him) but i have to say it would have just added one meaningless 10 minutes to the show. i don't know why they needed to have this match at all. Maybe just a cheap attempt at a few extra bucks more since Orton allegedly draws

Moment of the night is obviously Strowman destroying Brock although......all this to still have brock win AND.... listen at the crowd, we're all ready for a Strowman run. This should have been his moment. I was thinking how lucky Strowman is to have got his push when people are puking up Roman. I mean i think he's already on his way to becoming one of the best big men ever in a few years, but i have to wonder without Roman if he'd have gotten over enough. Probably not.

Second best moment of the night and i'm not kidding... Cesaro going into the crowd to get that beach ball. Thank you Cesaro. When i saw that thing i couldn't believe it. It's fucking dumb and disrespectful in ANY match, but THOSE guys especially? Like he played it up as being a heel thing but you KNOW he was thinking "fuck you guys" and reveling in tearing it apart. I know i was just watching him. I still don't like they made them a heel team. I love to love Cesaro. Not hate him. And sheamus despite his past has grown on me so much now. I don't want to even pretend booing them.

Anyway WWE needs to start a policy, no one allowed in with a beach ball and IF you make it in and they catch you throwing it out, you're out. I understand it might be hard to track who started but just put the fear in people and i'd think they'd stop

Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 am

Now Nakamura...this was...why feed him to Jinder? It wasnt gonna be a good match cause jinder is in it (though iv'e stated before i'm not super keen on Nakamura's style either, strikers leave me rather cold in general) but did it have to just be so...boring..and short...and nakamura down with one finisher? I wasn't convinced Nakamura would win anyway, but this could have been done in a much better less lazy less anticlimactic way. This is nakamura's first loss on main i think right? And like this? This is all kinds of unfortunate and unnecessary.

i wanna randomly point out that when they give the wrestler's weights, Jinder only had 18 pounds on nakamura. Now i know he has pretty much no body fat but...he's taller and so much more jacked. I know those weights aren't shoot anyway but i especially couldn't believe those.
Last edited by Milk on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am

I got so annoyed in the Owens-Styles match because i had the bad idea to start noticing shane and then i COULDNT stop looking at him and his comically bad oversellng of every hit. I mean his facial expressions. I'm not even sure what all went down in this match. I guess this is supposed to set up an Owens-Mcmahon feud. Whatever

Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:14 am

Milk wrote:Now Nakamura...this was...why feed him to Jinder? It wasnt gonna be a good match cause jinder is in it (though iv'e stated before i'm not super keen on Nakamura's style either, strikers leave me rather cold in general) but did it have to just be so...boring..and short...and nakamura down with one finisher? I wasn't convinced Nakamura would win anyway, but this could have been done in a much better less lazy less anticlimactic way. This is nakamura's first loss on main i think right? And like this? This is all kinds of unfortunate and unnecessary.

what should have happened is Breezango figures out BB is Bollywood boys and when they try to interfere in the match, breezango runs down and stops them and nakamura wins.
And then Breezango approve of Nakamura's fashion sense and become Nakamura's buds and they're now a faction (fashion faction?) and they always come out together.

Well yes, i am just being stupid..although....i think i'd watch that?

Milk

Postby Milk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:17 am

buriedinspace wrote:Seems like SS sets up potentially way bigger shows for both brands, which makes it feel a little like a setup show.

I would not be shocked if Taker shows up on Raw, based on rumors. If so - if you did Taker/Reigns and Braun/Brock at No Mercy?

speaking of No mercy did you guys see the Alexa Bliss ad for No Mercy?

Fuck that was bad. I mean it might be so bad it's good though...i don't know.

Milk

Postby Bartatua » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

yeah "2nd biggest show of the year" and you have nak lose to a champion literally nobody cares about

i just don't undrrstand

anyone have wor they could possibly up?
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua
Site Admin

Postby Double McDouble » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:01 pm

Bartatua wrote:
anyone have wor they could possibly up?

http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/NdoB0AgV/file.html

Double McDouble

Postby Bartatua » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

will always bote for u in any boardermash
i broke somebody's ribs

Bartatua
Site Admin

Postby gambra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 pm

They set up a Enzo vs Big Cass street fight on Raw presumably to further punish Enzo for whatever heat he has but it looks like he just caused Cass to blow out his knee legit. They stopped the match awkwardly etc. He's gonna get released pretty soon at this rate.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Oh man def shouldn't have taken joy in reading that

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby gambra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:38 pm

They then proceeded to have a match where Emma was ragdolled by Nia Jax, presumably for her saying on Twitter she should be pushed. This fuckign company is so incredibly petty and stupid sometimes.

gambra

Postby Water Bottle » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 pm

That Miz promo coupled with the crowd was brutal on Roman and Cena, loved it :lol:

Water Bottle

Postby Dear You » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:14 pm

asuka broke her collarbone

i am ready to die
they/them

Dear You

Postby nosebleeds » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Fuuuuck.

nosebleeds

Postby gambra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:21 pm

It's only 6 to 8 weeks so won't be too much of time out.

gambra

Postby shirts optional » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Braun vs Brock confirmed for No Mercy

shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 pm

If they didn't have a specific prize in mind for the MYC winner, it'd be good timing to strip Asuka, plan to bring her up to the main roster and name the winner champ.
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby cud nylon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm

so no debuts so far, and they're already abandoning JJ? this stupid main event gotta have some major finish and it better not involve taker.
cud nylon

Postby Milk » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Just got done with Raw

That New York crowd was fucking terrible both nights.

-It's already dumb enough that anyone is booing Bayley since Toronto, but now Sasha too? Bayley has been mishandled for sure but there's no reason to boo HER personally. And she's goddam injured now too. Next thing you knwo Vince uses that as an excuse to bring back models who can't work

-They had dumb chants during the CW match and doing the fucking wave.

-And then they got several beach balls out. Its not about you fucking assholes. Please WWE have a no beach ball policy,remove from the building anyone throwing one out. It's out now, it's gonna happen every fucking show. I guess in a way as glad as i was to see him destroy, Cesaro probably fucked up by bringing attention to it.

More reasons why i'll never catch a WWE show live (well NXT yeah...) I can't stand people enough as it is and if i had to be in a terrible crowd I would feel i wasted my money. Plus it already makes me livid on tv, i'd probably want to punch people irl.

Mind you fuck WWE for what they're doing with Jordan (during whose match the first ball came out.. mind you he was against Finn...really? you think Finn is not deserving of your respect you brainless fucking idiots?). Like, i don't REALLY care about Jordan but ultimately i want to see good workers do good, but fuck WWE because zero vision. He's basically Apollo Crews 2.0 right now. Good in the ring, but zero character, comes out there smiling like that's supposed to be enough. Yeah, maybe he has a bit of a bland personality irl, well then give him something to work with. WTF is wrong with WWE? what is the point right now of him having been Angle's son? There better be something done with this down the line. If in two months more nothing has happened with this and he's still just coming out to this dumb music smiling, well....what's gonna happen is he'll get a release

Speaking of releases, i think what they're doing with Enzo is they intend to bury him until people stop cheering him and his merch stops selling so they can release him without consequences from the fans because the whole locker room dislikes him now. The problem in all this is it's also doing ZERO for Cass which i thought they broke him off to give him a singles push. Why do i have to see 10 matches of Cass destroying Enzo. It's almost like WWE doesn't like money. You'd think they'd want some more right now after failing to meet their predictions. To have never given a TT run to Enzo and Cass is insane. To break them off to do this complete garbage with is even more so.

Milk

Postby Milk » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm

hey let's go to a concert but bring our own instruments and start singing our own songs during the songs we don't like/dont know.

If the product bores you, and granted it bores me too sometimes, i get it, but then don't buy a goddam ticket. You don't like WWE's product? you don't want to respect the talent? fine, stay the fuck home.

Milk

Postby Milk » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 pm

for fuck sake.... debuting Roode not only against Aiden English but it's not even a squash match?

I thought Shinsuke debuting against Ziggler was bad....

why call them up if you've got nothing? Like i understand he needs to be against someone that can lose without being hurt but it made all the sense in the world to set Roode against AJ for an open challenge. Here's what happens, Owens interferes so either it's a DQ or Roode doesn't win clean. What was the last great nxt call up debut? Owens vs Cena? But seriopusly english, ok whatever, super anticlimactic and not cool but you squash him in under a minute and you've at least done something. To see english getting offense on Roode is ugly. They fucking went to commercial break like 10 seconds into the match too... time will tell but im getting the uneasy feeling they might think of having Roode on the midcard...

Anyway i guess he's a face now? Cause if he's a heel Corbin is done....

Milk

Postby Honga Ciganesta » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Honga Ciganesta

Postby cud nylon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Just spotted Titus at the Carrollwood 4 Rivers. Did not shout worldwide at him.
cud nylon

Postby hamilton » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Did you at least belt out a quick Titus bark?

hamilton

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley