Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am

In keeping with my last comment: what's the match you'd rate ***** (or, I guess, above) that you think the most people would disagree with?

(fwiw: mine, as indicated above: Austin/Angle SummerSlam 2001)
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby Double McDouble » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Reigns vs. Lesnar (WM 31)
Double McDouble

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Bartatua wrote:you could have a dead body hooked up to electrodes fill in for coach and it would be an improvement

yeah hes fucking dreadful. He doesn't seem to attempt to think before he says anything.

Which often is what booker did but it was at least often funny and it was entertaining to hear him try to fix/justify whatever he had just said. They need to have another person like corey graves and by that i mean someone who's young (or at least completely new to this) and hungry to prove themselves. Cause it makes them care and if you care you're gonna try to be good.

Anyway super bored with main roster WWE as of late. Yeah it's always meh but it seems worse now. Other than Rollins who is always delivering no matter who he's against what is there going on? (actually speaking of Mcintyre is bringing it and that whole angle is ok because with him and Ziggler you know you're gonna get decent matches at least). Love Owens and Braun but this feud is not very interesting. Fucking Roode now is in a feud with Mojo Rawley. B team,hey great for these guys but...not exactly bringing it and crowd is already tired of the novelty. but hey they're finally giving the revival something to do and i'm guessing Authors of pain too when they'll be done with that way too long Titus Worldwide feud). Don't care for Wyatt-Hardy, they could be doing something more with this but Wyatt is in it so why would they care to do anything?

I'll say this and i know this place hates Corbin and i was the same for a long time and probably you'll disagree but his constable thing? Not bad..it finally gives him somrthing to do other than amble around and being like "i'm the lone wolf" and just being boring as shit. I think he's doing good work in this role and it gives him a character you can define. and he's never gonna be a super worker but if he can at LEAST justify being there by not being all around bland.

What else? Bobby Lashley, no please, should never have signed him back.

Elias, ok and i watched this stupid doc and it was fun but he's kinda stagnating right now? And it's kinda funny how much screen time he gets and yet how little he actually wrestles.

On SD i could not give LESS a shit about Hardy Orton, Orton needs to go forever, and Jeff, he's too hurt now and I never liked him as a character cause he was never good at much other than in ring but now im especially bored. It's too bad casual fans need name recognition because you could be replacing like 5 or 6 guys easy on main roster right now with NXT guys and it would improve the show for the rest of us dramatically

And yeah no, no point in addressing Roman Lesnar... though i will say they FUCKING better get that belt off Lesnar but i'm not convinced but then it will make ROman look like a real chump if he doesn't get that belt now so i don't even know.

Anyway i could go on but this is already a lot. There's just nothing much at all to look forward to right now. Well, AJ-Joe could/should be good i guess.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:55 pm

and you know they keep going about the women revolution but you know what they have not or at least have seldom done for the women's division? Given them good writing.

I'm really wondering if...maybe, like i don't know their writer staff, but i'd doubt there's any women on it? (come to think of it yeah i've never heard of a woman writer in wrestling) And maybe it's what they need, i don't know. Like i'm not saying WOMEN NEED TO BE DOING WOMEN STUFF. More the opposite in a way. I feel the writing tries to much sometimes to be like "well they're women, how would they go about doing/saying these things?" And then this is how you get this is your life segments or bullying segments though i get with the latter they were kinda trying the "message" approach with younger fans.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Double McDouble wrote:Reigns vs. Lesnar (WM 31)

i was just talking about this match the other day

i think it's kind of a modern classic

even reigns totally had the crowd as they were building toward the end
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 pm

and yeah i'm into constable corbin

i always like a heel wrestler who defects to be one of the suits (except hhh, because...you know there's no need to go into it)
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby gargamel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 pm

tana vs okada was ~so good~

i love new japan pro wrestling, sometimes i feel like it is the only hobby that gives me pleasure these days
gargamel

Postby Double McDouble » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Bartatua wrote:
Double McDouble wrote:Reigns vs. Lesnar (WM 31)

i was just talking about this match the other day

i think it's kind of a modern classic

even reigns totally had the crowd as they were building toward the end

yeah i feel like this one gets a rep of being a mediocre match that was saved by an unexpected and exciting cash-in but it was honestly a 4+ star match even without the cash in, imo.
Double McDouble

Postby shirts optional » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Raw needs a new major heel stable badly; just turn Roman or Finn already
shirts optional

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm

i watched the 90 minute raw this week and it was fairly boring

rollins is so much more over than reigns, get your shit together wwe
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:47 pm

felt like the rousey match was a classic example of everything they do having to be a part of some grand narrative. you're not allowed to just have a squash match anymore to build someone. instead there have to create a friendship between the squashee and the main heel out of thin air so there can be a bunch of other people out there fucking around making a 30 second match longer so you can do the meaningful look with the upcoming opponent when you could just have ronda smash her opponent in 15 seconds then cut to alexa watching on the monitor backstage looking scared
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby nosebleeds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:53 pm

So, does a reuniting Shield help Roman win and fend off a cashing in Strowman or does Ambrose turn and cost Roman the belt?
nosebleeds

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Bartatua wrote:i watched the 90 minute raw this week and it was fairly boring

rollins is so much more over than reigns, get your shit together wwe

yeah this is absolutely the most ridiculous shit about this. An he HAS to be moving merch i feel?

It was some months back i thought for a while there, stupidly, that it seemed like they were thinking of switching to Rollins. And then it didn't happen. Like what the fuck is wrong with Rollins as top guy? What does Roman have he does not? A more marketable face? Slightly maybe, a bigger physique. Who cares anymore? That's all i have. Rollins is not great on the mic, he's just ok, but he's still way ahead of Roman. And the in ring well, just look at the comparisons in reactions from the crowd. It's completely stupid. Anyway, IC title is the main title on Raw with Lesnar not being there. So it's almost like, casuals think Roman is top guy, everyone else realises it's Rollins.

Fuck you want to make money!?!? Turn Roman heel, Rollins-Roman feud. That's money. And involve Ambrose somehow.
Milk

Postby nosebleeds » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Roman should have been the one to turn heel way back when Rollins did.
nosebleeds

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Bartatua wrote:felt like the rousey match was a classic example of everything they do having to be a part of some grand narrative. you're not allowed to just have a squash match anymore to build someone. instead there have to create a friendship between the squashee and the main heel out of thin air so there can be a bunch of other people out there fucking around making a 30 second match longer so you can do the meaningful look with the upcoming opponent when you could just have ronda smash her opponent in 15 seconds then cut to alexa watching on the monitor backstage looking scared

Well it's because James got injured. So they went and pretended that Fox was always Bliss's friend. It's like fuck we really wanted to keep going with this, just change the actor and pretend it's the same role. And i think it's to also invovle Natalya. Which was also dumb how like...oh Rousey is here now, and she's Natalya's fiend so...instant Nattie face turn. Not that you know, Nattie has been there so long she's just a utility player now and nobody REALLY cares. Like fox actually. Or James.
Milk

Postby Bartatua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 pm

didn't know that about james but it makes sense
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby shirts optional » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:06 pm

where do these narratives about "selling merch" come from
shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 pm

nosebleeds wrote:So, does a reuniting Shield help Roman win and fend off a cashing in Strowman or does Ambrose turn and cost Roman the belt?

I was just thinking the other day, between this and the above 'Raw needs a heel stable':

Kevin Owens gets some sort of mysterious help in defeating Braun for the briefcase.

Rollins teases having someone who's going to watch his back. As the match starts Ambrose's music plays... but no Ambrose. Seth is confused but eventually goes it alone. Near the finish, Jason Jordan comes in to 'make the save' but turns on Seth, allowing Dolph to retain.

Jordan, McIntrye and Dolph ruin the main event when it looks like Reigns has Lesnar beat for a double DQ, laying both men out. Owens music hits, he cashes in and Lesnar fights back but Paul turns on him, Reigns tries to make the save and fails against the four on one. Rollins tries to save, no go. Ambrose returns and successfully makes the save but 'accidentally' hits Brock with the briefcase leading to Owens winning the title.

Owens, Jordan, McIntrye and Dolph are the new heel stable, with Heyman. They feud with The Shield except Ambrose is under the microscope and the heels are stoking the fire.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

shirts optional wrote:where do these narratives about "selling merch" come from

you mean like the narrative that it matters in terms of where you are on the card? I mean i'm not sure but i think it's logical. If Roman is the top merch seller, then it makes sense to keep him on top sadly. People speak with their money. If he's not though then it's just Vince being stubborn. Like if he's in say the top 3 but not number 1 then it's harder to justify although the logic might be well if he's got the belt he's gonna go go no 1.I'm not saying they always go with this necessarily but i'm sure it helps them determine who they should have on top or near the top. But at the same time i don't think that say if FInn tomorrow has top merch sales they'd be like alright lets scrap all plans, let's put the belt on him. Actually though i guess if you ARE number one seller and you're not even with a title it seems like you probably don't need one. There's always this whole philosophy where if someone is really over without a belt then focus on giving it to someone who you want more over than they are.
Milk

Postby Milk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

I mean a LOT of their revenue comes from merch.
Milk

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am

It's still kinda weird seeing Juice Robinson being so over in New Japan, but fair play to him, he's had a fantastic year.

Also, my WALTER shirt arrived today and it's the fucking best thing ever.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

Laughed at Yamazaki imitating Honma's voice throughout the match.

I liked yesterday's show. Went in thinking Tanahashi and Okada were tied in points, and was too afraid of spoilers to check the standings before watching. So I wasn't clear on the consequences of each outcome. But it was yet another great match between them. Their two other G1 matches were awesome, but my favorite Tanahashi/Okada is the Wrestle Kingdom match where Okada loses and breaks down crying. Yesterday's match had another one of those patented insane 2.999 kick out near falls from Okada.
Pris

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am

it makes so happy to see ZSJ where he is

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 am

We should get him to board here
Pris

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 am

58769 wrote:it makes so happy to see ZSJ where he is

Seriously, he's so great. It saddens me when people say they don't understand his appeal, especially when he's getting to embrace this more sadistic heel side.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:58 am

ZACK! :D :D :D

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 am

With the Sabre Driver too, get in!
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:01 am

That match ruled and this main event is guaranteed to be crazy.
Pris

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:02 am

Poor Naito
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby darkendofthestreet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am

So that's gotta be the precursor to the Wrestle Kingdom main event right? Jesus, they're gonna try and kill each other before this is all over.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....