Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:40 pm

santos l halper wrote:
Dinosauria We wrote:my mind is still blown that vince is allowing jerhico to do this. does anyone know anything about how his contract is structured that would have enabled this? either way, it's fucking awesome and I can't wait until WK.

as far as i remember reading, he's not under contract to WWE right now. he just signs short-term deals whenever they want him to come back.

Yeah - he has no contract. Per a WOR interview, while he considers himself 'a WWE guy', he has no current ties and told Vince about it only after it was signed and sealed. Vince was fine with it, according to Jericho because he seemed convinced by Jericho's logic that being a special attraction in such a high profile role would only add value to Jericho when he came back next. He made it clear that while he let Vince know, he made the decision knowing there was a decent chance that there would be some blowback and that he was glad that Vince, who he said was 'a friend' seemed more excited than bothered. He also noted that he wouldn't have tried to get booked for any similarly sized American company and that is in large part because it would risk a lot more blowback and because it wouldn't be 'as special' and sort of indicated it'd be seen as more of a competition move with WWE, which he thinks Japan is divorced from being.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm picturing a Bret/Austin WM13-esque brawl from these two at WK
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby santos l halper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Would strongly recommend any puro fans check out Suwama/Ishikawa vs. Miyahara/Yoshitatsu from the All Japan show on 12/12. Three of the best in the world right now (and Yoshitatsu) having a fantastic straight-up tag match that wouldn't have been too out of place in amongst those mid-90s four pillars classics.
santos l halper

Postby dubs » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:41 am

Just got back from a house show for the holiday tour. Enzo is way more dead in the water character wise than i thought from just watching on tv. I really think people are over the schtick but I’ve still got a soft spot for the guy.

Rollins/Ambrose vs the Bar put on a hell of a match every single time they’re together and it’s even better live.
dubs

Postby bobble » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 am

happy for dalton castle plus cody's hair looked great
bobble

Postby santos l halper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 am

interesting choice to take the title off cody. i wonder if that means ibushi is pinning him at the dome show.
santos l halper

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:43 pm

3 matches into Clash of Champions, including the pre-show match and... it's been better than expected through the first hour! But it did have 2 of the 3 best potential matches of the night, probably, so we'll see about hours 2 and 3.
buriedinspace

Postby Bartatua » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Im wwtching this shit
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Amblin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:34 pm

This match is decent
Amblin

Postby Amblin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 pm

Yay AJ won
Amblin

Postby santos l halper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 am

Jericho/Omega is now officially a no DQ match. Kenny's already been talking as if they've got something unique planned, so no doubt it's going to be wild.
santos l halper

Postby Nucky » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Just watched Clash of Champions...have stopped watching the weekly shows and only have been watching the PPV's the past few months so I sorta forgot all about it.

Better than I thought. Not to say it was even "good" but it wasn't a disaster minus the stupid two referee match in which you just knew something dumb was going to happen and yeahhh it did. The opening three-way Roode/Ziggler/Corbin was a great way to start the card and the crowd really got behind the finish and I was happy to see that for Ziggler as he is a consistent solid performer despite not being able to reach a tier 1 status. Main Event was...predictable but solid enough and I'm sold on Jinder as a top Heel. Everyone loves to hate him, has the look, and performs well enough in ring to carry the role.Toggle Spoiler

Side note: If I was being honest, Rusev deserved a continued push after the WM Cena/Tank Entrance match but instead went down the shitter but has alll the tools IMO to be the top heel but I can't help but watch that main event match and just wish it was Rusev instead of Mahal, especially seeing how well he worked with the crowd earlier in the night... but that's also me being a fanboy. le sigh.
Nucky

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 pm

Nucky wrote:Just watched Clash of Champions...have stopped watching the weekly shows and only have been watching the PPV's the past few months so I sorta forgot all about it.

Better than I thought. Not to say it was even "good" but it wasn't a disaster minus the stupid two referee match in which you just knew something dumb was going to happen and yeahhh it did. The opening three-way Roode/Ziggler/Corbin was a great way to start the card and the crowd really got behind the finish and I was happy to see that for Ziggler as he is a consistent solid performer despite not being able to reach a tier 1 status. Main Event was...predictable but solid enough and I'm sold on Jinder as a top Heel. Everyone loves to hate him, has the look, and performs well enough in ring to carry the role.Toggle Spoiler

Side note: If I was being honest, Rusev deserved a continued push after the WM Cena/Tank Entrance match but instead went down the shitter but has alll the tools IMO to be the top heel but I can't help but watch that main event match and just wish it was Rusev instead of Mahal, especially seeing how well he worked with the crowd earlier in the night... but that's also me being a fanboy. le sigh.

Meltzer was all in that Rusev/English should have won the tag titles but I honestly think Rusev/AJ for the Rumble would be a cool way to go, rather than saddling super over Rusev in a midcard tag team
buriedinspace

Postby dreamshake » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Glenn Jacobs had a tweet today about sexual harassment and I cannot handle it. It wasn't terrible but I can't believe the guy who was as the center of the Katie Vick story-line is saying a word about the sexual assault/harassment right now.
hologram ride the whip
dreamshake

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 am

Guessing Final Four of the Women's Rumble are the 4 Horsewomen and Rousey and co jump them
buriedinspace

Postby dubs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 am

Not sure if it was said last night but the multi-man top rope corner spot feels so overdone and in typical WWE fashion I feel like they ruined by sheer volume.
dubs

Postby dubs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 am

It’s the new “old Indy move that gets a cheap pop” in the ‘E lexicon
dubs

Postby Milk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:24 am

Nucky wrote:Just watched Clash of Champions...have stopped watching the weekly shows and only have been watching the PPV's the past few months so I sorta forgot all about it.

well the word ive heard is that had Rusev not gotten injured it was gonna be his spot although i'm not sure how true that is because there was the indian experiment. They couldn't have done that with Rusev.

This was one of the best Jinder match by far but of course he's against AJ...still, he did two moves i hadnt seen from him before.

And im SO glad Rusev is getting super over again like when he was with Lana, they can't ignore that for long. Well...probably they can but... like Corbin has improved a bit so i dont want to shit on him too much but if i had to replace one heel on the roster with Rusev he'd be the one. Also, Rusev is the best thing that's happened to English. He's getting him over by association.

And yeah very surprised by a Dolph win. Looks like someone MAYBE took to heart what he said on the Edge and Christian podcasts. Like that if he's gonna be the gatekeeper and gonna put newcomers over now fine, but if he always loses that doesn't work. He can't be the guy to determine if they're ready for main if he's not at least somewhat credible in the fans eyes (not in terms of in ring skills but in terms of loss-win ratio). So yeah, this was a smart thing to give him the win.

dubs wrote:Not sure if it was said last night but the multi-man top rope corner spot feels so overdone and in typical WWE fashion I feel like they ruined by sheer volume.

yeah i kinda forgot to make a post about Clash of champions sunday but as the spot happened i was thinking i need to mention this. If it happened once every say, 3 months, at a PPV. cool. But now you see it start and it's like..yep...this spot again.

watching SD right now and they seem to be squandering all the potential of the Shane vs Bryan storyline. But maybe it's too early to tell. In this to me Shane is now the heel. Ever since the Zayn turn SD has again been the most watchable WWE show. I was catching up on Raw earlier and i was halfway through and pretty bored and realised...wait...i could be watching SD. So i turned it off and put on SD. Will finish Raw tomorrow... not the A show right now...
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby santos l halper » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:27 pm

another fantastic bate/dunne match on nxt last night, almost ruined by a bored and disinterested crowd. still worth going out of your way to watch tho.
santos l halper

Postby Milk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:34 pm

yeah i dont watch nxt as much as id like but when i saw watching SD they advertised Dunne/Bates then i knew i had to watch. haven't yet though. But unsuprised to learn it's great.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Just started watching the NXT episode - fascinating how ReDragon got 0 seconds of heat of Killian Dane, every moment of heat was when he would tag out. Interesting psychology.
buriedinspace

Postby scurrydog » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:57 pm

The problem with rusev is that his character, even if just in name, is a Russian proxy and trump is president.
somewhere there's a fake me out there.
scurrydog
ok

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:07 pm

scurrydog wrote:The problem with rusev is that his character, even if just in name, is a Russian proxy and trump is president.

You could attach that to Russia (where he's not billed from) or... it could be attached to multiculturalism and immigrant experience, both of which have the opposite association. I remember people saying there'd come a day where Rusev would be a comedy figure who learned to love the USA and while they were saying that'd be a mockery of his original character, at this point, given his pension for comedy, a 'Rusev learns to love the USA' immigrant storyline would be kinda all right?

Honestly? If you had Jinder win the US title and then the person who ends up winning it from him, in DEFENSE of the US ended up being Rusev, now proudly an adopted American citizen? I wouldn't mind it.
buriedinspace

Postby VHB » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:36 am

scurrydog wrote:The problem with rusev is that his character, even if just in name, is a Russian proxy and trump is president.

When the Soviet Union collapsed and took all the "Evil Ruskie" heat with it all the 80s russian heels magically became Lithuanian as they simultaneously turned face (or retired). [Nikolai Volkoff's actually Serbian and Nikita Koloff wasn't even slavic at all, just another one of the Minnesota guys but whatever American's don't care/can't tell the difference.]

Same thing can happen with Rusev, and it'll be easier since everybody's always known he's actually Bulgarian (and has a very obvious border shaped flag tattoo on his arm to match).
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:51 pm

Fun fact: Rusev's birthday? Christmas!

Another fun fact: His birthday is also Rusev Day!

Yet another: the Rusev Day shirt is on back order at WWEshop in every size except 5X
buriedinspace

Postby Dear You » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:33 am

well at least they still have my size
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby Milk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:32 am

its kinda weird all of WWE comedy characters are on SD pretty much. New day, fashion police (now ascension too apparently), Rusev and English, Zayn and Owens.

Well ok i guess Elias is comedy and hmm... the club now kinda a bit. Gulak doesnt really count since hes 205.

Anyway i fear the risk with Rusev is the more he goes comedy maybe that's all he's gonna be seen as by the office. Like Fashion police. Granted fashion police is probably happy to be on tv at all considering they were fast heading for release if not for that gimmick. Just want to see Rusev with a title some time in 2018.
Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:43 am

www.postwrestling.com is the new site for John Pollock and Wai Ting from Live Audio Wrestling after they got fired in cost cutting around Halloween. They have a podcast feed with their Raw and Smackdown reviews too, which are probably my favorite this side of the Observer.
buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:59 am

What i dont like about WOR is they're so frequently not constructive. At least Brian anyway. It's like he's reading everything in a "can you believe this bullshit?" tone. Like his eyes are constantly rolling in his head. I get a feeling if he wasn't doing this job he'd just never watch another WWE show again. And sure, WWE is not that great a product a lot if the times, but i feel like little attempt is made to look for any silver lining or give the benefit of the doubt or even just offer up ideas on how this could be better (not that WWE is listening...or are they?). I mean Dave is more balanced and is frequently likely to counter Alvarez's "this was terrible" with a "I thought it was ok". I guess i wish it was just Dave and no Alvarez. I like to hear their opinions still i guess but they're not my favorite review.
Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:17 am

Milk wrote:What i dont like about WOR is they're so frequently not constructive. At least Brian anyway. It's like he's reading everything in a "can you believe this bullshit?" tone. Like his eyes are constantly rolling in his head. I get a feeling if he wasn't doing this job he'd just never watch another WWE show again. And sure, WWE is not that great a product a lot if the times, but i feel like little attempt is made to look for any silver lining or give the benefit of the doubt or even just offer up ideas on how this could be better (not that WWE is listening...or are they?). I mean Dave is more balanced and is frequently likely to counter Alvarez's "this was terrible" with a "I thought it was ok". I guess i wish it was just Dave and no Alvarez. I like to hear their opinions still i guess but they're not my favorite review.

I definitely get that - I think Bryan often sees his job as being critical and I think he tends to be more likely to go off on something, for sure. I think I've listened to enough of them both to just get past that, though. But while I used to listen to the Bryan and Vinnie show, I got away from it after a while because there definitely was too much negativity. I used to think the two foils to Bryan that worked best were Lance Storm and Todd Martin but in both cases, they aren't actively contributing to the site anymore and apparently Todd basically quit, in part because the fractious nature of their shows was a little less of a work than I presumed it was.

That said, there's definitely been a fair share of times when Bryan, Dave or both have been negative about stuff I really liked. That said, that's the case in all sorts of critical contexts, it's a punch you have to roll with. I definitely have a personal interest in stuff that picks stuff apart - detail oriented criticism, especially of stuff that isn't often held to that level of criticism, is definitely my jam. So, your mileage may vary, clearly.
buriedinspace

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....