Pro Wrestling: the thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby WAC » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:39 pm

58769 wrote:and only Trent?'s hand is in this but it's one of my favourite tweets of all time

One of these days I'm gonna remember to buy the shirt

He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby WAC » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 am

He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby Shotfrog » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am

She’ll be better off.
Shotfrog

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Darren Young and Summer Rae too.

Might be one of those days.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Its better for her and its good for WWE even as they kinda need to clear out some space for the women they've got in NXT now anyway.

I think because its so small the women division would be so much better if it was a more even division. As in no clear favorites, everyone is a potential believable contender at any time. Basically all top carders. They can make this happen if a couple of years. Of course the problem with this notion when it comes to WWE is that they'll always want to give more matches and tv time to those that sell the most merch...

I mean honestly i'd like a women only show but that might end up doing worse than 205 live and also, it would kinda make it feel as if the women can't share the spotlight with the men i guess.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Milk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm

that Emmalina shit was still one of the worst WWE blunder in recent history. Hype it for weeks, delay it for even more weeks....and give up on it before it even begins. I dont know what the gimmick was supposed to be, im guessing something similar to Eva Marie but probably with more irony? In any case this was clearly going to be a push for Emma. And then they backtrack on it and she still has the same spot she did before....
Last edited by Milk on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby Nacho Novo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Milk wrote:I think because its so small the women division would be so much better if it was a more even division. As in no clear favorites, everyone is a potential believable contender at any time.

Isn't this just 50/50 booking and already in place?
Nacho Novo

Postby Bartatua » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Yeah they've already washed away one of their potential biggest stars, bayley, who i believe legitimately could have been the woman equivalent of john cena if they used her well

The reaction when i saw her live at i think her last nxt show was more electric even than when nakamura came out

They really did her wrong in a big way
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Milk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 pm

Nacho Novo wrote:
Milk wrote:I think because its so small the women division would be so much better if it was a more even division. As in no clear favorites, everyone is a potential believable contender at any time.

Isn't this just 50/50 booking and already in place?

Not in the women division. Though i was surprised on SD they let Nattie have the belt but they have their reasons.

I mean i guess now Raw has seriously downgraded the power rankings of Bayley and Sasha (who barely even get a reaction now when they come out) but i don't know....im just saying even though Alicia Fox won captain for SS, she's not ever going to be a believable contender for the belt. Nor Dana Brooks. Not even Mickie even if they tried to make us believe it. it's still Alexa, Bayley, Sasha and Nya and now of course Asuka. They need to give this belt to Nya soon because she's the only believable opponent for Asuka. Though maybe having Emma give her competitive matches was with the idea of showing that now that she's on main she's not so invincible anymore. Fact is she still beat most of them on NXT already (including Nya but...)

edit: id missed barbatua's post
Milk

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Good lord, Lio Rush is getting annihilated on twitter for cracking wise on Emma firing
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby CudNylon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Lio setting himself up to be the next Corbin/Enzo/Josh. Hopefully being actually talented will save him

Also
CudNylon

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:41 pm

Most of the people doing stuff for Live Audio Wrestling and the wrestling staff of the Fight Network were let go today, including Jason Agnew and John Pollack. As a big fan of 'Review-a-Raw' and the spinoffs, I'm hoping they land somewhere else. John would be a quality addition to any of the major wrestling or MMA sites, so I bet it won't be too long.
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Oh, and to be clear, this is basically entirely TNA's fault, because Anthem, the company that bought them and owned the Fight Network has lost a giant amount of money because of them. So that's fun.
buriedinspace

Postby 58769 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 am

Power Struggle (Sunday night/Monday morning US time) card is set. It's ended up as a pretty good card. Features:

The Young Bucks vs Dragon Lee/Titan
Chaos vs Los Ingobernables 10 man match
Roppongi 3K vs Taguchi/ACH in the Super Jr Tag Final
Suzuki vs Yano in the NEVER match, in a "Bullrope" match
Ospreay vs Scrull for the Jr Heavyweight
Omega vs Trent? for the US
Tanahashi vs Ibushi for the IC Heavyweight

Plus "Switchblade" will debut & the World Tag League stuff probably gets announced. One of the Americans employed by NJPW is teasing an announcement too. ZSJ, Cody are also in multi man tags, they plus the Young Bucks haven't been on the tour until now so that's something interesting. The Young Bucks will almost certainly be challenging for the Jr tags so that explains them turning up.

All the Super Jr tag matches have been good. Def worth catching up on.

Postby WAC » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 am

Omega vs. Trent and Bucks vs. Lee/Titan sound like a lot of fun.
WAC

Postby 58769 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 am

Oh god I just watched the Steph/Kurt thing and then the Gallows/Anderson match. Fucking hell

Postby Shotfrog » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:25 am

This is a good video. I only knew the broad strokes.

Shotfrog

Postby Bartatua » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:30 pm

58769 wrote:Oh god I just watched the Steph/Kurt thing and then the Gallows/Anderson match. Fucking hell

I don't know what happened with either of these but just seeing these names laid out like this filled me with dread
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby 58769 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 am

Halfway through the NJPW card. Good first half. No Switch Blade yet. The major announcement is that NJPW coming back to Long Beach (@ Walter Pyramid) on March 25 on what appears to be a single show. No other info.

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:22 am

buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 am

I didn't expect Chris fucking JerichoToggle Spoiler to show up on screen and challenge Kenny for Wrestle Kingdom. crazy.
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby 58769 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:38 am

big coup for njpw. I'm sure the fed is gonna lose their shit. and this is the best person for switch blade to be too. jay white coming back as a heel would have been weird and sami callihan ugh

edit great now I look like a fucking idiot. i hope my sweet Kawato never breaks my heart like this
Toggle Spoiler

Postby Milk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am

this is really a battle to determine who is the best wrestler from Winnipeg.

found it a bit odd he mentioned wreslters claiming to be the best but didnt name bret hart.
Milk

Postby 58769 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:28 am

Isn't it just as simple as him having WM matches against Michaels, Edge and Punk and obviously no big matches against Bret

Postby Milk » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:29 am

oh. yeah. Somehow didn't pick up on that.
Milk

Postby Pris » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:46 am

I laughed at the switchblade reveal... this guy's a threat now?! I don't buy him as being above like a Yujiro even.

Power Struggle was okay. Some good matches and obviously a lot of storyline developmemt to talk about heading into WK.

I like Sho & Yoh and ACH was really good in that tag match. Still don't like Juice and Beretta. How was the big guy ever considered a junior? At least he took some manly lumps & bumps in the Omega match.
Pris

Postby miss black america » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 am

the switchblade gimmick is pretty much the cleaner mk ii

but jay white is nice and cool and i wish him every success
hahaha mad me chuckle that
miss black america

Postby WAC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

The World Tag League blocks are out

A Block
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens)
Bullet Club (Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi)
Chaos (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)
Juice Robinson & Sami Callihan
Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)
Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata
Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)

B Block
Best Friends (Beretta & Chuckie T)
Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano)
David Finlay & Katsuya Kitamura
Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)
Henare & Togi Makabe
Jeff Cobb & Michael Elgin
Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith, Jr. & Lance Archer)
War Machine (Hanson & Ray Rowe)

The Tag League always disappoints so I don't want to get too excited for the actual matches themselves but it's awesome to see Chuck Taylor getting a shot, and the Cobb/Elgin team sounds great. I also like that this year they aren't bothering to put guys in who already have Wrestle Kingdom matches booked, it makes the whole thing feel way more wide open.
WAC

Postby 58769 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 pm

Man I'm so happy for chuck taylor. Regular bookings for ROH and a NJPW tour

Postby santos l halper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 am

I thought Power Struggle was a really enjoyable show. The Jr Tag tournament match and the top two title matches were all great, and Ibushi/Tana especially would have probably been approaching MOTY level in a normal year. I guess they're pretty high on Jay White, who I'm not totally convinced about from what little I saw of his excursion, but I'm sure he'll have a great match with Tanahashi at the Dome - if he can't, then that's a sure sign he's not gonna cut it.
santos l halper

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All