Pro Wrestling: the thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby VHB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:47 am

58769 wrote:Isn't it just as simple as him having WM matches against Michaels, Edge and Punk and obviously no big matches against Bret

Also Bret is canonically from Calgary regardless of where he's actually originally from
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby WAC » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:00 pm

AJ just beat Jinder for the title at the Smackdown taping in Manchester, AJ vs. Brock at Survivor Series.

He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby Shotfrog » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Better late than never.
Shotfrog

Postby Double McDouble » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Figured that was going down. Brock/AJ should be great.
Double McDouble

Postby santos l halper » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Thank christ. AJ/Brock should be spectacular. I wonder if Jinder failed a wellness test. I know he's been having shoulder problems too. But this seems like a last minute decision
santos l halper

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm

AJ/Brock sounds fucking great. It also means that Jinder/Nakamura isn't going to be the main event in a cage of the Starcade house show I'm going to. That pre-announced line up (along with Sami/KO in a streetfight) is gonna get all switched around, which, for the most part, should be for the best.

So, Survivor Series, which looked so-so before is now going to be something like:

AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar, champion vs champion
Team Angle vs Team Shane SS
Raw Women vs Smackdown Women SS
The Shield vs The New Day
The Usos vs Cesaro/Sheamus, champions vs champions
Miz vs Baron Corbin (this still needs to change, somehow, because jfc)
Nattie vs Alexa (though, also at the tapings they announce Charlotte/Nattie for the go home show and Charlotte/Alexa makes a lot more sense)
Enzo vs Kalisto for the Crusierweight title

This leaves KO, Sami, Rusev, Gable/Benjamin, Bray, Elias, Matt Hardy and Gallows & Anderson without matches. The first five seem notable enough that they could try and find something for them?

What would an unbooked guys SS match look like? KO/Sami/English/Gable/Benjamin vs Bray/Elias/Hardy/Anderson & Gallows?
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:24 pm

Plus maybe a Cruiserweight SS match?

Gallaher/Kendrick/Gulak/Daivari/TJP vs Swann/Alexander/Tozawa/Ali/Metalik? That... actually sounds really great tbh.

Just looking to add stuff because it's fucking 4 hours long with a 2 hour kickoff
buriedinspace

Postby CudNylon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 pm

I just came to the thread to post this:
jinder calling aj a 'phenomenal loser" instead of "phenomenal failure" is why he doesn't deserve to be champ

to have the title change spoiled. didn't think about the pre-taped/uk thing to avoid reading and didn't expect it to happen. cool stuff though.
CudNylon

Postby Double McDouble » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Imagine how great it would be if AJ actually beat Lesnar.
Double McDouble

Postby WAC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:35 am

santos l halper wrote:Thank christ. AJ/Brock should be spectacular. I wonder if Jinder failed a wellness test. I know he's been having shoulder problems too. But this seems like a last minute decision

I wonder if Survivor Series ticket sales weren't doing so hot.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby santos l halper » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:51 am

WAC wrote:
santos l halper wrote:Thank christ. AJ/Brock should be spectacular. I wonder if Jinder failed a wellness test. I know he's been having shoulder problems too. But this seems like a last minute decision

I wonder if Survivor Series ticket sales weren't doing so hot.

Yeah I wonder. I guess we'll likely know in the next couple of days, especially if it's an injury or suspension. It's also really cool that Vince obviously sees AJ as someone to rely on in this situation.
santos l halper

Postby Bartatua » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:06 am

On the other hand i would have been okay with seeing lesnar suplex mahal 53 times and relegating him back to the midcard

But lesnar styles is an insane match, I don't even know what it will look like
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:58 am

WWE just announced that... John Cena is the final member of Team Smackdown

This seems like it significantly ups the chances that Jinder popped or is injured because otherwise, why wouldn't he be the 5th man, if nothing else?
buriedinspace

Postby Shotfrog » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

The chances are zero percent that AJ goes over Brock. Clean, anyway.
Shotfrog

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:09 pm

Shotfrog wrote:The chances are zero percent that AJ goes over Brock. Clean, anyway.

Yeah - I think Team Raw (men) loses when Jason Jordan turns, Team Raw (women) wins via Asuka as sole survivor and Brock beats AJ. If you get Charlotte the title next week on Smackdown, I think Charlotte beats Bliss (to even up the women's matches) and the US champ has to be beat the IC champ and probably The Usos need to go over too, so that Smackdown wins a plurality of face to face matches, in spite of losing 2 of 3 of the Survivor Series and world champ matches? Plus, if the gimmick would be that Angle gets fired, then you don't want Raw to win the majority of the matches anyway. Brock, Asuka and The Shield get protected but otherwise, Smackdown rolls and can claim victory.
buriedinspace

Postby gargamel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:36 pm

dream booking: bullet club reunion makes aj go over brock, setting stage for shield/bullet club angle, maybe w a unified championship at risk. brock rides off into the sunset until mania. shinsuke gets smackdown strap, sami challenges.
gargamel

Postby smelts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 pm

as great as this is for Survivor Series, my excitement is kinda tempered by the idea of them just throwing the belt right back onto Jinder in time for/during the India tour. Also wonder if they're still gonna bring Cena in as special guest ref, since the idea there seemed to be to set up an eventual Cena/Jinder match for the title

I doubt they'd set up anything with Brock/Cena unless they want to do another Summer Slam 2014 style slaughter at Rumble or something to build him up as Super Brock for the "Big Dawg" at WM. Obviously AJ/Cena can have great matches, but I'd rather see AJ move onto other things at this point. Maybe Jinder tries to interfere in Brock/AJ, special guest ref destroys him, sets up Cena with another "fighting for America" program for bit?

honestly the idea of Jinder being out of the picture means the top guys on the Smackdown roster competing for the belt are now AJ, Orton, Nakamura, Owens and Zayn, and that's fucking awesome. Styles/Nakamura for the belt at WM would be both incredible as a match and for how much more the crowd would boo the fuck out of Brock/Roman as the main event. And yeah, AJ somehow stealing a win/narrowly avoiding defeat against Brock would also be fucking incredible
smelts

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:58 pm

smelts wrote: Also wonder if they're still gonna bring Cena in as special guest ref, since the idea there seemed to be to set up an eventual Cena/Jinder match for the title

As noted above: Cena is now on Team Smackdown, so presumably the guest ref idea has been dropped
buriedinspace

Postby smelts » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 pm

oh shit i missed that, yeah I guess Jinder is out for a while
smelts

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Sami and KO were both sent home from the US tour, ProWrestlingSheet says it was a 'disciplinary move'
buriedinspace

Postby WAC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Maybe they're recreating the Steen/Cornette angle from ROH
WAC

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Sheet is reporting they were supposed to rush back to the ring and get beaten up after they fled after the Kofi match and they chose not to. They also said both have seemed irritable of late.
buriedinspace

Postby santos l halper » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:33 am

Meltzer said it's disciplinary but that the talent don't know the reason. Observer still isn't up yet, maybe we'll get more details then.

Kinda hoping it's a worked shoot thing to set something up for Sunday, though WWE doesn't really go in for that. Owens just got to kill Vince and Sami's heel turn has been great, so them falling out of favour at this point would be a real shame.
santos l halper

Postby Milk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am

I don't know. You spend like 3 weeks hyping (or trying to hype) Mahal vs LEsnar and then you do a swerve like that. Bad planning. Do i want to see Style/Lesnar? Eh... it's hard for me to get excited about any lesnar match and mostly, 90% chances lesnar goes over so what's the point. It's more a money matcyh for sure though. Like i can see why WWE got cold feed on Mahal/LEsnar. It's not a ppv seller. It might even have been partly a lesnar thing. He probably didn't see money in Mahal. But yes it's very likely mahal gets that title back later. I dont know, i just don't like when WWE doesn't commit to an idea even if the alternate idea might be better. I'm a believer in seeing things through. Except maybe on shit like committing for years to get Roman over.

Also sucks this happened in England and i had to get it spoiled. Actually i just got spoiled a shocking title change and i thought this was going to be Gable/Benjamin getting the belt from the USOS cause with the promo time they'd been giving Lesnar/Mahal i firmly believed Aj wasnt winning. But then the tag match happened so i then knew Aj was winning. I hate spoilers.

I'm surprised at the Owens/Zayn disciplinary thing if it's really a shoot. Are they really unhappy with their role right now? I mean yeah they're not on survivor series but they can certainly use them to get SD to lose a match (and i hope they do). They still get a prominent position on the show and it's probably only a matter of time before they're in a program involving a belt. Zayn had a win on Orton liek two weeks ago! If you'd ask me, fuck Gable and Benjamin and give that spot to Zayn and Owens.... Though really it should be Fashion Police's spot.

Pretty annoyed we're back to no Dillinger on tv. But Sin Cara!.........really? Why aren't we having an extended Dillinger-Corbin program? Dillinger is over enough to deserve a US belt run. Or maybe that's why he wont get it, because he's over enough.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby hamilton » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 am

buriedinspace wrote:Sheet is reporting they were supposed to rush back to the ring and get beaten up after they fled after the Kofi match and they chose not to. They also said both have seemed irritable of late.

Looks to be something along these lines

hamilton

Postby Milk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:02 pm

gf's newish cat is very invested in RAW (actually think this might be the SD recap of raw. She doenst watch wrestling but her roomie does)

Can't wait to talk wrestling with her (the cat).
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby santos l halper » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 am

apparently keith lee and ishii had an awesome match at rev pro last night. as you'd imagine. suzuki/riddle tonight, which sounds like it should be great.

not sure how long before they end up online - think rev pro put them up quite quickly on their own service, and then njpw world will have them soonish.
santos l halper

Postby Double McDouble » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 am

triple h, angle, strowman, balor, and joe vs. shane, nakamura, roode, cena, and orton looks like a fun match on paper.
Double McDouble

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Ellsworth was released.

Definitely was a dude with a limited shelf life. I bet he'll be able to find regular employment on the indies, more than most, though.
buriedinspace

Postby smelts » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:41 pm

basically everything that happened to Ellsworth had to be beyond his wildest dreams. Becoming a major wrestling sensation over the guy they were actually trying to push, actually getting signed by WWE, getting to be involved in the main event picture for several months, two documented wins over AJ Styles! Dude got to travel around the world getting paid full salary to act like a loser and have a grand total of maybe 6 matches, he'll definitely get good work on the indies if he wants and get to come back for geek battle royals once in a while, plus any special recapping 2016 pretty has to mention him. This is the crazy unplanned out-of-left-field shit that's part of what makes wrestling so much fun, they could make a bad movie out of this kinda stuff, good for him
smelts

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All