Pro Wrestling: the thread

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Double McDouble » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 pm

larry the cable guy tooth fairy 28 wrote:why did john cena participate in that match

$$$
Double McDouble

Postby big zorb » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 pm

who could possibly give a shit about shane or angle wrestling at this point, even taking out the fact that they both are bad now
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

drop me a line at elzorbie@gmail.com

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Double McDouble » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Why does wwe blow
Double McDouble

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Many reasons

potentialgetawaydriver

Postby WAC » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Larry, all of that happened because nothing matters and Vince McMahon found a way to completely decouple his company's profitability from quality and logic.

WAC

Postby BanEmAll Collective » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 am

Whatever, Brock completes his face turn against literally the company’s most evil dude in a way so convincing it won’t get in the way of the HHH-Angle wrestlemania program. If we can only keep Braun as destructive yet honorable dude, he should be the one to beat Brock Lesnar at Mania, even though I hopelessly rooted for AJ. I got a lot of what I wanted tonight, even though everything about the main event until the Braun-HHH stuff was just pure fucking crap.

BanEmAll Collective

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 am

If that was going to be the finish of the 5 on 5, they should have main evented with Brock/AJ, I think
ratbags wrote:you're like a wistful naive idiot version of bill simmons

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 am

I skipped 60% of Raw to watch the Celtics game but man, in following along it seemed... pretty bad.

Reigns as IC champ could be an interesting way to get to the Brock match, if you want to do the 'I'm the real top guy with the real top belt, who actually shows up and defends it' thing, I guess?

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby santos l halper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm

I should have learned not to get excited about a WWE PPV in 2017. AJ/Lesnar was very good at least, though nowhere close to MOTY level. The rest of the show under-delivered, and the main event was baffling.

I'm probably gonna cancel the network and see if they offer me one of those free month deals in time for the Rumble. There's just too much good wrestling in the world to keep ploughing through below par WWE shows.

santos l halper

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Miz is taking a leave of absence, it appears. That seems fair, I suppose, he felt a little blown off last night.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Liv Morgan, Ruby Riot and Crazy Mary Dobson all called up to Smackdown...

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Dinosauria We » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 pm

the bludgeon brothers eh?

Dinosauria We

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Dinosauria We wrote:the bludgeon brothers eh?

I'd really have rather if they were going to repackage Luke (who's great) that they got him away from Rowan (who is... mediocre at best)

Also, if they were going to stay a team, it's a pretty mediocre, same-y repackage. Their new gear is... eh. And the hammers? jfc.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:43 am

forgive me for being so late but i just finished Survivor series and what a phenomenally horribly booked main event. Holy shit. I don't know that you could have written this worse. Get rid of all the new guys first (well except braun, and i guess balor lasted a while) and then leave us with all the past their sell-by date guys (exception made for Kurt cause his comeback is appreciated). Christ that was bad. And like i expected Zayn and Owens to get involved against SD but their involvement should have cost SD the win. It was pretty wasted as it was. The rest of the show went from good to ok but this was a horrible closer.
I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind

Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:11 pm

At Starrcade. I know it's a glorified house show but at least it's a fun one!

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Arn Anderson just gave Dolph Ziggler a spine buster and I think this show is already a thumbs up just for that

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Got the .99 offer for three months, advertised as a 'Cyber Monday Special'

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 pm

only finally caught up with last week's shows yesterday.

It's cool to see all these women on the main roster but uh...if this isn't just a temporary NXT invasion thing then both SD and RAW are gonna need to let go of a bunch of women because there's already no time to feature all they already had and Ruby Riot and Sarah Logan if no one else definitely deserve the time. they just recently got Asuka on raw too... they need to release Dana Brooke and well...i know they've given her more time recently and i'll be honest Alicia Fox consistently cracks me up but... i feel she should also move over for the new talent.

On SD i don't know.... Tamina...like i understand they want a monster on each show but she's no Nia and nobody cares. And if she didn't have that damn briefcase i'd say get rid of Carmella.....

Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Milk wrote:only finally caught up with last week's shows yesterday.

It's cool to see all these women on the main roster but uh...if this isn't just a temporary NXT invasion thing then both SD and RAW are gonna need to let go of a bunch of women because there's already no time to feature all they already had and Ruby Riot and Sarah Logan if no one else definitely deserve the time. they just recently got Asuka on raw too... they need to release Dana Brooke and well...i know they've given her more time recently and i'll be honest Alicia Fox consistently cracks me up but... i feel she should also move over for the new talent.

On SD i don't know.... Tamina...like i understand they want a monster on each show but she's no Nia and nobody cares. And if she didn't have that damn briefcase i'd say get rid of Carmella.....

Apparently a lot of the 'marginal' girls are pretty concerned.

Tamina is like 35 and not very good. They've always had a soft spot for Dana, seemingly, but she definitely has been slow to get up to speed. I could see Alicia but she's pretty recently gotten a push that doesn't seem like it's the sort where she'd be released.

Carmella is p much my favorite character going in the women's division - which is to say outside of the better workers. Losing Ellsworth doesn't help her act but I like her a good bit.

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Milk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Dana's going nowhere. And never WILL go anywhere. It's probable Vince just has the hots for her.

Milk

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Milk wrote:Dana's going nowhere. And never WILL go anywhere. It's probable Vince just has the hots for her.

To be fair, I could see his point

(they/them, fwiw)

buriedinspace

Postby Nacho Novo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Will always think fondly of Dana due to this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3911fa

Always felt she was progressing fast before her injury, but she's not been the same.

Nacho Novo

Postby Milk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:58 pm

the biggest pop of her career was probably when she finally turned on Charlotte. Crowd was mildly into that. I think she might even had got a chant. But that went nowhere, it was just so that charlotte could be on her own, not to benefit Dana's career.

Milk

Postby Milk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:27 am

so i learned now about the rumors that there's going to be a rumble for women next royal rumble which might be why theyre bringing up so many women?

Now im watching Raw and Bray is again cutting an awful who fucking cares promo and i'm thinking well THERE'S a way to give more tv time to all these women...

Milk

Postby WAC » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:03 am

Going to the Beyond Wrestling/EVOLVE double header in a couple of weeks. I haven't been to a Beyond show in almost two years at this point, but I couldn't pass up a David Starr vs. WALTER and a Matt Riddle vs. WALTER match in the same day.

WAC

Postby kylie minogue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:51 am

wwe have really capitalised on the broken matt hardy gimmick being the hottest thing in wrestling 6 months ago

great timing, vince
hahaha mad me chuckle that

kylie minogue

Postby Milk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 am

they were not allowed legally to do it though.... now unless he's challenged by Impact by december 19th, the broken thing is gonna be all his.

Milk

Postby kylie minogue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:13 am

i meant there's no need to bring it back now, just because you legally can, since there's no heat

i hope i'm wrong, this was a bad crowd and matt and jeff can run with it and make it a success again, but i think the dilapidated boat's gone
hahaha mad me chuckle that

kylie minogue

Postby Milk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:15 am

yeah well this was definitely not the way to start this i agree. Inconsequential match with bray...

Milk

Postby santos l halper » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:00 pm

i wonder if just too much time has passed since the "broken" thing was hot to try and recapture it now. especially if they don't let them film wacky segments at their house...

santos l halper

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley