Pro Wrestling: the thread

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby 58769 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:09 am

g1 spoilers night 10

Ibushi/Ishii was fucking nuts. probably a bit too nutsToggle Spoiler
User avatar
58769
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 am

Postby Pris » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:42 am

An amazing show I've unfortunatly not been watching closely because some crackhead used my mail to book a hotel and I'm trying to cancel that shit.

What I've seen from Ishii vs Ibushi makes it seem MOTYC, Naito vs Goto also solid. Still not sold on Juice's act.
User avatar
Pris
 
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Ishii/Ibushi was one of the best matches of the tournament so far.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:15 pm

G1 Top Five:

1. Omega/Naito
2. Ibushi/ZSJ
3. Ibushi/Ishii
4. SANADA/ZSJ
5. Yano/ZSJ
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby Pris » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:58 am



:(



:?
User avatar
Pris
 
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 pm

RIP grandmaster sexay
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
User avatar
REAL BASED SLOB
 
Posts: 9859
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: crackton

Postby Pris » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:05 am

Judging by some reactions from Sabu & New Jack (okay, not the most respresentative voices of reason), Lawler was't the best loved guy backstage.
User avatar
Pris
 
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby gambra » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:38 am

Pris wrote:Judging by some reactions from Sabu & New Jack (okay, not the most respresentative voices of reason), Lawler was't the best loved guy backstage.


There's a lot of "he had his demons" type comments about him.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
User avatar
gambra
 
Posts: 21751
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am
Location: D12, Ireland

Postby cool party » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 pm

made the mistake of watching tv tonight

how do you try to get a guy over for 4 years and not give up. ill never get it
cool party
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Postby buriedinspace » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 pm

buriedinspace wrote:My current guesses for the card (All In)
Young Bucks/Ibushi vs Penta/Fenix/Rey Jr


Was pretty damned close!
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby miss black america » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:58 am

cool party wrote:made the mistake of watching tv tonight

how do you try to get a guy over for 4 years and not give up. ill never get it


lesnar saying he doesn't watch the show and heyman talking about the definition of insanity probably weren't intended to mean anything but i will interpret them as pointed barbs
hahaha mad me chuckle that
User avatar
miss black america
 
Posts: 4048
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:11 am
Location: bs7

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Beautiful.

User avatar
Shotfrog
 
Posts: 9813
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 am
Location: Boston

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:33 am

Anyone watching G1? Omega vs Ishii in front of a RED HOT crowd had an unbelievably awesome match

O shit, Ibushi and Naito are going to try to follow that?! ...well if anyone fucking can.
User avatar
Pris
 
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby 58769 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:02 am

jesus christ
User avatar
58769
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 am

Postby Pris » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 am

Goddamn, this G1 night is up there with the 2013 show that had Shibata vs Ishii and Nakamura vs Ibushi. Starring two of the same participants, incidentally.

I just can't get over the fact that we had these two matches back to back. Even Summerslam had a come-down buffer match inbetween Brock vs Punk and Cena vs Bryan.
User avatar
Pris
 
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby hatertime » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 am

If you wanna see ol' stone pitbull give a brainbuster to Kenny Omega gimme a hell yeah
User avatar
hatertime
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Postby buriedinspace » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Last 5-10 minutes of Omega/Ishii was pretty great
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am

Pet peeve: guy hits move into pinning combo, rolls out of it into a lateral cover.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:05 pm

G1 Top Five:

1. Omega/Naito
2. Ibushi/Ishii
3. Ibushi/ZSJ
4. Omega/Ishii
5. Okada/Elgin
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:07 am

As someone who has generally been less into Ishii than most and notably dislikes Juice, I am almost disappointed to report that their G1 match was fucking great.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby santos l halper » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:57 pm

So, G1 finals possibilities and speculation:

A Block:
If White beats Evil and Okada beats Tanahashi, White wins the block.
If White loses to Evil and Okada beats Tanahashi, Okada wins the block.
If Tanahashi wins, he wins the block.

B block:
If Naito beats ZSJ and Ibushi beats Omega, Naito wins the block.
If Naito loses to ZSJ and Ibushi beats Omega, Ibushi wins the block.
If Omega beats Ibushi, Omega wins the block.

There are other complications involving draws, but those are the only three people in contention for each block.

From this, I would say I don't expect White to go to the final, and my assumption has always been that whoever wins A block wins the whole thing, because they tend to keep the guys who are going to be main eventing WK apart in the G1. I don't know who I'd think is more likely between Okada and Tanahashi - Okada/Omega again is possibly the bigger match, though obviously they've run it four times in the last eighteen months. On the other side of that, Tanahashi and Omega have been kept apart since their one match for the IC belt in early 2016 (the planned rematch never happened due to Tanahashi getting injured), so that would be a big-time match that they've obviously been avoiding for a reason - whether it's at WK or not, it's obviously being saved for a big show. Even more so this depends on how long they want Omega's run with the belt to win - I'd say it's a lock that if Okada wins the G1, he's winning at WK, and if Tanahashi wins, Omega is retaining.

If Okada or Tanahashi are winning, then I'd expect Ibushi to win the B block, simply because they're not going to have the G1 final be the same as the WK main event, much less have Omega lose in that match, and I don't think they'd want Naito losing to Okada again at this point. I guess Naito could lose to Tanahashi, but Ibushi is probably the better choice.

If I'm picking, I'd say Tanahashi/Ibushi is the final and Tanahashi wins. Having said all of this, a few days out from the 2016 final myself and everyone else were convinced Naito was beating Omega, going to the final and winning the whole thing, and look how that panned out.
Toggle Spoiler
User avatar
santos l halper
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 pm

santos l halper wrote:So, G1 finals possibilities and speculation:

A Block:
If White beats Evil and Okada beats Tanahashi, White wins the block.
If White loses to Evil and Okada beats Tanahashi, Okada wins the block.
If Tanahashi wins, he wins the block.

B block:
If Naito beats ZSJ and Ibushi beats Omega, Naito wins the block.
If Naito loses to ZSJ and Ibushi beats Omega, Ibushi wins the block.
If Omega beats Ibushi, Omega wins the block.

There are other complications involving draws, but those are the only three people in contention for each block.

From this, I would say I don't expect White to go to the final, and my assumption has always been that whoever wins A block wins the whole thing, because they tend to keep the guys who are going to be main eventing WK apart in the G1. I don't know who I'd think is more likely between Okada and Tanahashi - Okada/Omega again is possibly the bigger match, though obviously they've run it four times in the last eighteen months. On the other side of that, Tanahashi and Omega have been kept apart since their one match for the IC belt in early 2016 (the planned rematch never happened due to Tanahashi getting injured), so that would be a big-time match that they've obviously been avoiding for a reason - whether it's at WK or not, it's obviously being saved for a big show. Even more so this depends on how long they want Omega's run with the belt to win - I'd say it's a lock that if Okada wins the G1, he's winning at WK, and if Tanahashi wins, Omega is retaining.

If Okada or Tanahashi are winning, then I'd expect Ibushi to win the B block, simply because they're not going to have the G1 final be the same as the WK main event, much less have Omega lose in that match, and I don't think they'd want Naito losing to Okada again at this point. I guess Naito could lose to Tanahashi, but Ibushi is probably the better choice.

If I'm picking, I'd say Tanahashi/Ibushi is the final and Tanahashi wins. Having said all of this, a few days out from the 2016 final myself and everyone else were convinced Naito was beating Omega, going to the final and winning the whole thing, and look how that panned out.
Toggle Spoiler


My guess:

EVIL beats White, when Bushi blows mist in White's eyes, after an attempt to cheat by White. White blames Chaos for not having his back. Okada beats Tanahashi in the 30th minute of their match.

Sabre beats Naito with a wacky sub, Ibushi draws with Omega

Omega/Okada V is the G1 Final. Okada beats Omega (tying them back at 2-2-1, with both having victories in title matches and G1 matches) and White and the BC OGs destroy both and form their own faction to end the show.

The fall sees big show mains like:

White/G.O.D. vs Okada/Golden Lovers
Ishii vs Omega
White vs Omega

And somewhat out of nowhere at the last PPV before WK, we get Naito/Omega, with Naito winning the title.

WK is headlined by

Naito (c) vs Okada for the IWGP title (can Naito beat Okada at WK storyline continues)
Ibushi vs Omega, no time limit
Jericho vs Tanahashi for the IC title
Toggle Spoiler
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:56 am

Renee Young is filling in for Coach this Monday. Curious to see how it goes! She's supposed to call the Mae Young Classic, as well. I bet they're going to have her do Evolution too.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby jumper » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Always happy about more Renee
User avatar
jumper
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Postby jumper » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:01 pm

User avatar
jumper
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Postby Bartatua » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm

you could have a dead body hooked up to electrodes fill in for coach and it would be an improvement
i broke somebody's ribs
User avatar
Bartatua
 
Posts: 21837
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 pm

Postby santos l halper » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am

Another fantastic Okada/Tanahashi match, but what else do you expect at this point.
User avatar
santos l halper
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

Postby 58769 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 am

tana slapping okada and breaking his wrist control was so good

Toggle Spoiler
User avatar
58769
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:47 am

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 am

Last 5 minutes or so were great.

I think draws are my favorite result, not just in wrestling but MMA too. I may just like the idea of no one having to lose? And/or the direct 'they will have to meet again to figure out who really is the better man!'? I dunno, but I <3 draws.Toggle Spoiler
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

Postby buriedinspace » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:57 am

buriedinspace wrote:Last 5 minutes or so were great.

I think draws are my favorite result, not just in wrestling but MMA too. I may just like the idea of no one having to lose? And/or the direct 'they will have to meet again to figure out who really is the better man!'? I dunno, but I <3 draws.Toggle Spoiler


Then again, maybe I just like an exciting anti-climax? A match that I still think really well of in spite of others saying 'ugh, what a bullshit DQ finish' was the Angle/Austin SummerSlam match where the story was 'Angle survived *3* Stunners and Austin had to get himself intentionally DQ'ed to keep the title' - I loved the story of that and thought it was building something interesting. Then 9/11 happened and they just cut the story short and decided they need to give the red, white and blue guy the belt as soon as possible but in the moment, I remember loving that.Toggle Spoiler
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
User avatar
buriedinspace
 
Posts: 6777
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: Queer Street

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10cc, Bad Craziness, beefbroth inthe shitpipes, doublethink0, futurist, gershon, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], grammatron, Grey Poupon, Hauntedattic, hired goon, iacus, jalapeño ranch, Link, loaf angel, lunatic96, mactheo, Milquetoaster Strudels, palmer eldritch, patrick cokane?, Plainsong, scrumptown, Sobieski, subtitles, That Demon Life, trigross, trouble, tyler_c, unsandpiper, worrywort