You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Double McDouble » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Virgil really will do anything to make a buck
Double McDouble

Postby CudNylon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:13 pm

I want to make sure I processed that right. instead of the traditional tribute they turned his death into a summerslam promo? like he wasn't gonna get a video package but Jesus.
CudNylon

Postby Bartatua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 pm

whoa what?
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Double McDouble » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Feel kinda bad for Ronda that they sent her out there for that bullshit
Double McDouble

Postby pinkerton » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 pm

Awesome ending. He’s so jacked up to be back.
pinkerton

Postby shirts optional » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:15 pm

dean's back baby
shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:19 am

CudNylon wrote:I want to make sure I processed that right. instead of the traditional tribute they turned his death into a summerslam promo? like he wasn't gonna get a video package but Jesus.

I mean, he did get a video package. And while the Ronda stuff was heavy handed, I thought most of it was in perfectly OK taste.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby shirts optional » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 am

Plans for Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman to work house shows after SummerSlam has led many, including Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer, to think WWE is considering turning one or the other heel. link

Turning Braun heel against Roman is the whackest thing WWE could possibly do
shirts optional

Postby shirts optional » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 am

meanwhile, face Braun vs heel Roman would be nuclear hot

alas
shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:22 am

shirts optional wrote:meanwhile, face Braun vs heel Roman would be nuclear hot

alas

I could legitimately see Roman win the title at SummerSlam and Braun cashing in the night after and it leading to a Roman heel turn

I'm honestly not convinced that in spite of the 'swerve' ending to the segment tonight that the Heyman/Reigns tease might not happen sooner than later

Also, though, I could see Owens stealing the briefcase and cashing in on Reigns to give Roman a heel to feud with for a while too.
buriedinspace

Postby shirts optional » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 am

I'm skeptical of a KO sneak cash-in because if he "beats" Braun earlier in the night, it kind of gives everything away
shirts optional

Postby shirts optional » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:47 am

No matter what Braun/Roman Hell In A Cell has to happen
shirts optional

Postby CudNylon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:25 am

Dean comes back looking like Lil’ Haitch wtf I’m into it

Missed that they did a package later on anvil so that’s a little better.
CudNylon

Postby buriedinspace » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:25 pm

https://customtees.wwe.com/

This is mostly useless but it does have many more actually pink Bret Hart shirts than the shop ever has had, so...
buriedinspace

Postby WAC » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Ibushi/Tanahashi was so good.
He said ALOT of shit last night. And most of it WASN'T how he supported a fascist.
WAC

Postby shirts optional » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 am

snap summerslam predictions and match order:

B-Team (c) > The Revival
Alexander (c) > Gulak
Almas/Vega > Rusev/Lana

Finn > Corbin
Charlotte > Carmella (c) and Becky
Rollins > Ziggler (c)
Nakamura (c) > Jeff Hardy
Braun > KO
Miz > Bryan
New Day > Bludgeon Brothers (c)
Bliss (c) > Ronda
Styles (c) > Samoa Joe
Reigns > Brock (c)

Miz wins through fuckery; Bliss retains due to Nattie heel turn; AJ/Joe is MOTN; Reigns wins clean; Braun teases but does not cash-in MITB to close show
shirts optional

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 am

Nattie turning heel was in play for this show... until Monday. Too much sympathy right now to effectively get heel heat. I think even if it was the plan, she needs to have it delayed. It's not even clear she'll be at the show.
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:02 am

My thoughts:

The Revival beats The B-Team, largely just to establish credibility and push B-Team's underdog status
Alexander and Gulak is a pick em for me. I think they'll continue with Alexander more likely but I'd say they're about at the point of having done well reestablishing credibility after Enzo and that the show needs a little more static to draw heat to it's stories. I think Gulak has been one of the MVPs of the entire 205 Live concept and had done well with his more serious character.
The Rusev Day storyline seems to need at least one moment where they go over and Aiden doesn't fuck up, if just because it's getting repetitive. Or maybe Aiden turns here, perhaps even aligning with Vega and Almas?

Carmella retains over Charlotte and Becky, after those two get so competitive with one another that they leave themselves open for a dead in the water Carmella to pick up the pieces.
Nakamura/Hardy is a no contest when Orton lays both out
Finn beats Corbin
KO and Braun go to a disputed DQ finish, where a formal decision on the outcome isn't clear til Raw. It'd be a good teaser plus a good way to potentially create a surprise either way with a cash in on Raw if you want to go that way.
The New Day defeat the Bludgeon Brothers - the BB experiment just feels like it never fully worked and The New Day are the strongest team available to right the ship. I'd still be aiming at a Big E singles run in the near future, as a babyface preferably, but not quite yet.
The Miz loses by DQ to Bryan when he does something unexpected and violent, to play off the idea of him not 'being soft'. Heavy heat angle. Tease a Bryan injury.
Rollins wins the title over Ziggler when Dean takes out Drew, just total paint by numbers of what you'd expect from angles so far. If you're building to a Dean heel turn, it's too soon after his return and what better way to stoke resentment than surrounding him with the two single champions as running buddies and he's got nothing, especially when he's the one who made the difference for Rollins.
Samoa Joe beats AJ Styles to win the title. It's been a long reign, I'd want Joe as the next champion and I wouldn't want to hurt his credibility with a loss. Let AJ chase for a bit in this feud before getting Joe to Bryan in the fall.
Roman Reigns beats Brock Lesnar, have it be pretty decisive and quicker than you think and in the final moments Heyman chooses not to do something to help Brock, build intrigue around that for Raw too
Ronda beats Alexa for the title. High impact and short. By this point on the card, I'm guessing people will appreciate two final quick, decisive finishes. If Nattie is there she can both fight off some heel interference for Ronda and celebrate with her at the closing shot of the show, perhaps with some explicit or implicit tribute to Jim involved.
buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Meltzer/Peyton Royce feud of the century

Edit: Wow. Finlay, Rollins and Tyler Breeze among others all gunning for Big Dave on the twitter over this dumb shit now.
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby Double McDouble » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:20 pm

Cracking up at Renee Young’s “What a true piece of sweltering hot garbage” tweet
Double McDouble

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Double McDouble wrote:Cracking up at Renee Young’s “What a true piece of sweltering hot garbage” tweet

That is a truly hilarious tweet tbh but Jesus do these people realize who they work for? Let's hit a VKM or hhh misogyny highlight reel and see how they stack up
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 pm

potentialgetawaydriver wrote:Meltzer/Peyton Royce feud of the century

Edit: Wow. Finlay, Rollins and Tyler Breeze among others all gunning for Big Dave on the twitter over this dumb shit now.

To be fair 'she was a lot lighter' was some real fucking bullshit from Dave
buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Oh yeah definitely not defending that comment at all, but this hivemind outrage over it is a bit much. This is somehow infinitely worse than Orton's dick wagging shenanigans apparently.
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm

potentialgetawaydriver wrote:Oh yeah definitely not defending that comment at all, but this hivemind outrage over it is a bit much. This is somehow infinitely worse than Orton's dick wagging shenanigans apparently.

That I can agree with. But both things can be wrong. Plus Seth's tweet was pretty mild and Breeze's tweet basically said that a lot of people listen to and respect Dave. And the women piling on is just fine by me.

I will say Breeze and others jumping on Dave saying everyone can learn something from this and telling him 'no, YOU need to learn something from it' is a little :roll: since his point was 'I said something really stupid and I acknowledge that and feel like people should take away from this to be more careful with how they talk about women', which... seems fine? It wasn't his first statement on it, or anything, just something he added in. I will say, his first apology being about how pretty she is wasn't exactly stellar but oh well, people never know how to handle these things right, especially under pressure.

The real trolls are the Russo-stans who have the temerity to say that Dave is a jerk for those comments after... like everything Vince Russo has ever said or did involving women.
buriedinspace

Postby potentialgetawaydriver » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Also pretty sure that was his really awkward way of saying he preferred her look before the implants, as opposed to any sort of fat shaming stuff.
potentialgetawaydriver

Postby buriedinspace » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:31 pm

potentialgetawaydriver wrote:Also pretty sure that was his really awkward way of saying he preferred her look before the implants, as opposed to any sort of fat shaming stuff.

Yeah, I also think that is likely but best off to not delve into that water at all (which you can tell he was weary of doing in the clip already, but still).

I definitely think that the implantification of WWE ladies is almost always to their detriment but oh well. As long as they don't bully Carmella into it, I guess it's fine.
buriedinspace

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:30 am

My Observer sub lapsed just in time to miss Dave's explanation on WOR last night.

Anybody willing to share?
buriedinspace

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am

ESPN has a good article about intergender wrestling right now. At work so I can't get the link but it's worth checking out.
Shotfrog

Postby buriedinspace » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Shotfrog wrote:ESPN has a good article about intergender wrestling right now. At work so I can't get the link but it's worth checking out.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/feature/24364018/intergender-wrestling-equality-women-violence-them

Love that it focuses on Kimber Lee - one of my faves and I thought got a raw deal from WWE.

I'm personally all for intergender everything tbh. I think the unavoidable difference in skill is a fallacy or, at best, grossly overstated.
buriedinspace

Postby CudNylon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 pm

these fucks still haven't offered me any discount to return, just dropping "please come back" spam in my emails. so my uh friend cub nylom signed up for a new account.
CudNylon

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....