Apple Event

Ive found in time the search on this forum was shit but if you google whatever keywords with the word hipinion, you get what you're looking for most of the time. I mean even when they keywords aren't exact.

Postby fester » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:28 am

Is apple going to introduce some smart glasses next year or maybe a VR unit you can make out of paper
LETS-GO-POOP
User avatar
fester
 
Posts: 18148
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: probably somewhere dumb

Postby Jarl Skeletal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 am

"WHy doens't my phone understand me?" clamors everyone
greasefire wrote::

pablito wrote:im never dtf and always keep it covered
User avatar
Jarl Skeletal
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: PGH

Postby Jarl Skeletal » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

my coworker just asked me if i saw the keynote and then expressed some consternation that, because of the facial recognition software, no one would be able to unlock their phone on Halloween
greasefire wrote::

pablito wrote:im never dtf and always keep it covered
User avatar
Jarl Skeletal
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: PGH

Postby milano boy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 am

omg
repus lumen
User avatar
milano boy
 
Posts: 4309
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Postby Kuboaa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 am

iambic wrote:

don't f it up

yeah, my wife and I are switching to Project Fi and Pixel 2's once our iphone 7's are paid off, fuck apple
User avatar
Kuboaa
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am
Location: chicago

Postby . » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:36 am

i'm still not sure google gives a shit about phones even a little bit
User avatar
.
ride.
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby powderfinger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:39 am

Buying Motorola and improving their product line while continually undermining it with the Nexus program, then selling it off at a huge loss and now maybe buying HTC has got to be the dumbest of the many dumb Google product sagas.
User avatar
powderfinger
 
Posts: 11685
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Postby . » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:53 am

powderfinger wrote:Buying Motorola and improving their product line while continually undermining it with the Nexus program, then selling it off at a huge loss and now maybe buying HTC has got to be the dumbest of the many dumb Google product sagas.


none of those moves were intended to benefit the consumer at least short term

they made sense, people just read too much into them
User avatar
.
ride.
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby powderfinger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Real Love wrote:
powderfinger wrote:Buying Motorola and improving their product line while continually undermining it with the Nexus program, then selling it off at a huge loss and now maybe buying HTC has got to be the dumbest of the many dumb Google product sagas.


none of those moves were intended to benefit the consumer at least short term

they made sense, people just read too much into them


right, but that's sort of what makes it all dumb and in line with Google changing their minds about everything every year or two

buy a company ostensibly for their patent portfolio (which turns out to be largely worthless), invest money in turning them around anyway, book a huge loss, and now suddenly decide to get in the consumer game
User avatar
powderfinger
 
Posts: 11685
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Postby spix et chicho » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm

iambic wrote:

don't f it up


should have gone w this version imo

CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
User avatar
spix et chicho
 
Posts: 21942
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:21 pm
Location: montreal

Postby iambic » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I mean the options for stock Android are bad now

I don't want my phone to be squeezable and I would like a 3.5mm jack instead of stereo speakers, but here we are

I don't give two shits about bezels
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39505
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby powderfinger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:54 pm

iambic wrote:I mean the options for stock Android are bad now

I don't want my phone to be squeezable and I would like a 3.5mm jack instead of stereo speakers, but here we are

I don't give two shits about bezels


OnePlus 5 seems like a good phone with high-end specs.

Xiaomi Mi A1 looks like a great midrange/budget device, though not yet sure if it has the LTE bands to work well here.
User avatar
powderfinger
 
Posts: 11685
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Postby milknight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:03 pm

iOS 11 is killing my 6s battery fuuuuuck
User avatar
milknight
 
Posts: 12990
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Postby Mister E » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:19 pm

milknight wrote:iOS 11 is killing my 6s battery fuuuuuck


Delete Facebook and Messenger?
User avatar
Mister E
 
Posts: 10278
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Postby dmitry » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 pm

i dont understand how someone with any interest in security or privacy can use a google phone

the level of analytics is so fine-grained that they track when you accept/decline autocorrect suggestions
Image
User avatar
dmitry
 
Posts: 8764
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby KPH » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm

milknight wrote:iOS 11 is killing my 6s battery fuuuuuck


The beta was awful on my 6s. Plan to stay on 10.3 for a while.
User avatar
KPH
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:19 pm

dmitry wrote:i dont understand how someone with any interest in security or privacy can use a google phone

the level of analytics is so fine-grained that they track when you accept/decline autocorrect suggestions

I am resigned to being tracked, dmitry. it is, unavoidable.
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39505
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 pm

I'd like a phone with a pixel-quality camera and no other modern features

that'd be ideal
User avatar
Ferrous Bueller
 
Posts: 12327
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Postby quinine » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 pm

iambic wrote:
dmitry wrote:i dont understand how someone with any interest in security or privacy can use a google phone

the level of analytics is so fine-grained that they track when you accept/decline autocorrect suggestions

I am resigned to being tracked, dmitry. it is, unavoidable.


well here's the thing, it actually isn't

I can't imagine a more cynical decision than signing up for fucking google fi :barney:
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself
User avatar
quinine
ok
 
Posts: 4993
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: 0,0 / The Shinto Zone

Postby hbb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

fi :barney: cci sequence
User avatar
hbb
 
Posts: 18578
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:10 pm
Location: In a Daewoo sauna

Postby WeirdJungle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 pm

what phone will allow me to retain ownership of my soul
User avatar
WeirdJungle
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: sludge infinity

Postby DestructoBot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 pm

john penis wrote:
iambic wrote:
dmitry wrote:i dont understand how someone with any interest in security or privacy can use a google phone

the level of analytics is so fine-grained that they track when you accept/decline autocorrect suggestions

I am resigned to being tracked, dmitry. it is, unavoidable.


well here's the thing, it actually isn't

I can't imagine a more cynical decision than signing up for fucking google fi :barney:


apple definitely doesn't do any of that, you're right
User avatar
DestructoBot
 
Posts: 5035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Postby Lowercase Tea » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:36 am

I think I'm one of like probably 20 people preordering an 8 tonight. My 5S is dying and I need something to last until the X doesn't have the notch anymore.
Lowercase Tea
 
Posts: 3154
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby jbiz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:52 am

Lowercase Tea wrote:I think I'm one of like probably 20 people preordering an 8 tonight. My 5S is dying and I need something to last until the X doesn't have the notch anymore.


i pre-ordered an 8+ and a cellular watch

:gapearth:
User avatar
jbiz
 
Posts: 8451
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Postby . » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 am

watches haven't been cellular for years
User avatar
.
ride.
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby . » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:00 am

DestructoBot wrote:
john penis wrote:
iambic wrote:I am resigned to being tracked, dmitry. it is, unavoidable.


well here's the thing, it actually isn't

I can't imagine a more cynical decision than signing up for fucking google fi :barney:


apple definitely doesn't do any of that, you're right


and nobody uses google products on apple products
User avatar
.
ride.
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby iambic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:03 am

maybe dmitry exclusively uses duck duck go and hushmail? I dunno
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 39505
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby zamboni » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:09 am

I don't think it's absurd to be increasingly security-conscious just because it's impossible to go off the grid or whatever.

Anyway, you can flash a Google phone and it won't phone home anymore, right?
User avatar
zamboni
 
Posts: 10470
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: bton

Postby Lowercase Tea » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:12 am

jbiz wrote:
Lowercase Tea wrote:I think I'm one of like probably 20 people preordering an 8 tonight. My 5S is dying and I need something to last until the X doesn't have the notch anymore.


i pre-ordered an 8+ and a cellular watch

:gapearth:


o/
Lowercase Tea
 
Posts: 3154
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby DestructoBot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:03 pm

zamboni wrote:I don't think it's absurd to be increasingly security-conscious just because it's impossible to go off the grid or whatever.

Anyway, you can flash a Google phone and it won't phone home anymore, right?


legitimate concern

pretending apple is somehow not doing it is the idiocy here
User avatar
DestructoBot
 
Posts: 5035
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a is jump, acapelli, Bananafish, Bartatua, brentwurst, bro tones, carrion, crooked, cruiserbob, dalida, deep blue meanies, def from above, denvermax, dogshower, Double McDouble, doublethink0, draw, Drinky, Eyeball Kid, feaxfang, flimsy, FourLegsGood, Franco, fresh salad, gallits, ghostmouth, gold and glass, goofjan, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], griffith scannell, Hal Jordan, harperesque, hatertime, hoopdog, Ici Aussi!, jack, jalapeño ranch, jumper, Kiki, light rail coyote, lordofdiapers, mcwop23, mealy potatoes, mesic, Milk, milknight, miss black america, morbo, mudd, multipass, mynamerocks, neely o'hara, OKterrific, palmer eldritch, pantsoclock, pink snake, powderfinger, quinine, Rainbow Battle Kid, ric_joe, scurrydog, sevenarts, speakers, spix et chicho, springheeljack, sympathy, the scofflaw, tricksforchips, trigross, tyler_c, unbiaseddairylodge, what the schmuck, xxx-xxx-xxxx