live 30 rock

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby a falsetto child » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 pm

I turned it off 5 minutes in. It was just too weird for me.

a falsetto child

Postby Bananafish » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:56 pm

port wrote:
seriesfinale wrote:
good pups wrote:they lost so many jokes they could have had by doing actual sketches. The way they refuse to show any sketches ever, even though it's a show about a sketch show, is already insane. To not attempt to do any for a live show is almost pathological.

What

yeah that's mega dumb. what episode has just straight up featured SKETCHES. it's a show about doing a sketch show, dummy.

Well, in good pups' defense, kinda sorta - The Larry Sanders Show.

Bananafish

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:58 pm

seriesfinale wrote:Yeah, I didn't really get the point either except the obvious: something that could make a bit of ratings hay that could've been a bit of fun for the cast

It really did look like crap and was kinda disheartening seeing the sets in that light (literally)

i think they re-constructed the sets in the snl studio
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby Lucky » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Bananafish wrote:
Well, in good pups' defense, kinda sorta - The Larry Sanders Show.

At least those sketches were halfway funny. It's not Robot vs Bear or whatever.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 pm

spix et chicho wrote:
seriesfinale wrote:Yeah, I didn't really get the point either except the obvious: something that could make a bit of ratings hay that could've been a bit of fun for the cast

It really did look like crap and was kinda disheartening seeing the sets in that light (literally)

yeah, i'm pretty sure it was actually shot in 30 rock (on the snl stage with set reconstruction) so they could film in front of an audience. i think they probably film most of the show in sets in brooklyn
mikey
Voldemort

Postby Durham » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 pm

took me 15 seconds on google to find out they film the show @ silvercup studios, Long Island City queens

Durham

Postby seriesfinale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:39 pm

spix et chicho wrote:

That's kinda what I thought but the lights from Donaghy's office looked pretty realistic (which, of course, more likely means they were faked)

seriesfinale

Postby seriesfinale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Durham wrote:took me 15 seconds on google to find out they film the show @ silvercup studios, Long Island City queens

What can I tell you Durham

seriesfinale

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:43 pm

close enough.
mikey
Voldemort

Postby seriesfinale » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 pm

Regardless of where it was shot, last week or usually, it just looked ugly Thursday, which I think detracts from one of the better aspects of the show. I like the "effort" of the film, even if it might not be technically harder.

Edit: And I'm willing to admit that the film might soften me up for crummier jokes. Although it really is the other way around.

seriesfinale

Postby port » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Durham wrote:took me 15 seconds on google to find out they film the show @ silvercup studios, Long Island City queens

Last summer while on my way to Hell Gate studio in Queens I passed the backstop they filmed the scene with Jack and Steve Buscemi meeting for the first time. The teamster who was driving me had no idea what I was talking about when I got all giddy and excited.

port

Postby gambra » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 pm

universe wrote:
seriesfinale wrote:Regardless of where it was shot, last week or usually, it just looked ugly Thursday, which I think detracts from one of the better aspects of the show. I like the "effort" of the film, even if it might not be technically harder.

Edit: And I'm willing to admit that the film might soften me up for crummier jokes. Although it really is the other way around.

That's just how live TV looks because they shoot on video, not film. People complained about the live ER episode for the same reason.

Do most shows really shoot on video/film these days? Surely it's digital HD?
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

virtuous wrote:lol imagine if your dad ran hpn

gambra

Postby Bob511 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Most shows shoot digitally these days, but thankfully a few still shoot on 16mm or 35mm. 30 Rock uses the latter.
Eric Roberts wrote:Hipinion. Hipinion? Hipinion...is hip.

Bob511

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:37 pm

universe wrote:
seriesfinale wrote:Regardless of where it was shot, last week or usually, it just looked ugly Thursday, which I think detracts from one of the better aspects of the show. I like the "effort" of the film, even if it might not be technically harder.

That's just how live TV looks because they shoot on video, not film. People complained about the live ER episode for the same reason.

ER really didn't seem like a show which would fit with the live episode gimmick.
Did the audience get coated with surgery blood?

Kevin McCallister

Postby Durham » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 pm

evan wrote:Last summer while on my way to Hell Gay studio in some beefcake Queen I passed the truckstop they filmed the scene with Jack and Steve Buscemi meeting for the first time. The teamster who was blowing me had no idea what I was talking about when I got all giddy and excited.

Durham

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley