Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby hoopdog » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm

that hunter post was a direct shot of nostalgia into my brain
hoopdog
ride.

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Fri May 04, 2018 2:20 pm

delgriffith wrote:
Grendel wrote:I feel bad for Bam; I know what it's like to have the blues...

yeah this is one of the greatest
I've hit rock bottom!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby chairkicker » Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:
delgriffith wrote:
Grendel wrote:I feel bad for Bam; I know what it's like to have the blues...

yeah this is one of the greatest

i need context
chairkicker

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm

I've hit rock bottom!
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby chairkicker » Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 pm

oh, right
chairkicker

Postby Jeremy » Fri May 04, 2018 8:27 pm

universe wrote:My college roommate asked me what the deal with Scientology was, so we had a big discussion about Xenu and the bombs and everything. The next day he was walking downtown and got approached by a Scientologist who was working a booth trying to get people to take the e-meter tests, and he stopped and asked the guy "Is it really true that you guys believe the Earth was ruled by an intergalactic warlord who bombed volcanos with nuclear bombs and released evil spirits that make us unhappy?" and the Scientologist goes "Well, it's a little more complicated than that." And my friend goes "It's MORE complicated?!"
Jeremy

Postby sconies » Sat May 05, 2018 8:16 pm

oh that's a good one.
yowsah.
sconies

Postby miko mido » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 pm

g_s posting "The Official Dark Souls Thread" in the okcupid thread after a particularly grim anecdote was shared shortly after the release of the original dark souls.
miko mido

Location: SHOCK VIDEO: Is ANTIFA Marching For Pedophile Rights?

Postby Jeremy » Mon May 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Kid8 on how to be an effective uncle:

kid8 wrote:Congratulations. The best part is being drunk at family gatherings and then hearing jokes on tv about drunk uncles at family gatherings.
Jeremy

Postby important dentist » Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Celiac Cruz wrote:
delgriffith wrote:In the summer of 2010 I lived in a shitbox hellhole apartment in Alphabet City and my best friend lived in the room next to mine. He split his share of the rent in half by letting his friend from high school, Hunter, sleep on the floor in the corner of the room. He didn't have a mattress, just a rug and a sheet.

I may have posted about this before but Hunter's daily routine in the summer of 2010 was to wake up and walk to the post office on 3rd & C, where he would pick up mail from a PO box and forward it to someone in Australia. The person in Australia had found Hunter through Craigslist and assured him that he would be paid for his mail forwarding services at the end of each month. It took until August for Hunter to realize he was being scammed.

After he was done forwarding mail, he would walk to the Tompkins Square Park branch of the New York Public Library, check out a novel, and sit in Tompkins Square Park reading it. If he got too hot, he would walk to a coffee place and get an iced coffee. He wouldn't come back to the apartment until he was done reading whatever novel he'd chosen that day.

He read a book a day, seemingly owned 3 identical t-shirts and one pair of shorts, and ate only hot dogs. One time I came back to the apartment after work on a 95 degree day and found him sitting shirtless on the leather couch with two 40's - one in each hand - staring at the television static (we didn't have cable, the TV was just for playing Playstation 2 games on). I asked him what he was doing and he said "I'm trying to finish these before they get hot."

Hunter is the most well-read person I've ever met, but I also saw him set fire to some frozen hot dogs on the stove and then throw up after eating them. He left New York in the middle of the night after realizing he wasn't going to be paid by the Craigslist person, without telling anyone and without paying his share of the rent. He left his library card on the kitchen counter, though.

i like this one bc i weirdly envy Hunter I think

is it even possible to read this post without taking some sort of mental inventory to determine whether it's financially/socially/physically possible for you to become hunter
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby Bride of Qualls » Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 am

most are still significantly better off than most

liberal or conservative, i think this sentence, unconsciously perhaps, features prominently in the minds of most of the american electorate.
Bride of Qualls

Postby dmitry » Wed May 09, 2018 7:28 am

freezinseason wrote:nobody has asked you to burn down his factory with elon musk trapped inside the factory.

trouble wrote:but if you happen to be in the area
dmitry

Postby mcwop23 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 am

Bride of Qualls wrote:
most are still significantly better off than most

liberal or conservative, i think this sentence, unconsciously perhaps, features prominently in the minds of most of the american electorate.

it sorta worked in context

i was also a little faded
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Bride of Qualls » Wed May 09, 2018 1:49 pm

oh yeah i didn't mean to be catty or anything. i was full drunk and the sentence just caught in my dumb brang for whatever reason
Bride of Qualls

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 09, 2018 1:49 pm

my brang!
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby vivian darko » Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 am

Pashmina wrote:my drinking buddy manager worked at shakespeare and co downtown about 10-15 years ago

derrida used to come in fairly often. once he was buying a bunch of books about himself and i guess some translations or whatever. he goes up to the register and some girl who had worked there for a week is ringing him up. not recognizing him, she looks at the pile of books and goes, in like a really awful faux-french accent, "HO HO HO! JACQUES DERRIDAAAAA, FAMOUS FRENCH FEEE-LOSS-O-FERRRRRRR"

apparently he was pretty cool and nice though
vivian darko

Postby easy » Tue May 22, 2018 11:26 am

Sweet Gregory Pectin wrote:the judge's ruling to stay 500 feet away from ms duff at all times gets a d-, i'm lights restraining order jackson
easy
does it

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue May 22, 2018 11:55 am

vivian darko wrote:
Pashmina wrote:my drinking buddy manager worked at shakespeare and co downtown about 10-15 years ago

derrida used to come in fairly often. once he was buying a bunch of books about himself and i guess some translations or whatever. he goes up to the register and some girl who had worked there for a week is ringing him up. not recognizing him, she looks at the pile of books and goes, in like a really awful faux-french accent, "HO HO HO! JACQUES DERRIDAAAAA, FAMOUS FRENCH FEEE-LOSS-O-FERRRRRRR"

apparently he was pretty cool and nice though

thanks now i have a crush on this girl
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Catullus » Tue May 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Me too, that girl rules
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby death is my amigo » Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm

BassUhBassUhBassUhBassUhBas wrote:
fackelmann wrote:
BassUhBassUhBassUhBassUhBas wrote:
blogger status wrote:are you really in hs

ya

Describe your average school day in more than 3 words

walk 2 school
kick it
walk home
so
death is my amigo
ok

Postby bongo » Wed May 23, 2018 5:12 pm

hell yeah
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
bongo
man in hammock

Postby Sweet Gregory Pectin » Wed May 23, 2018 9:08 pm

hat tip to hipinion boarder 'i am rich'
Sweet Gregory Pectin

Postby ripersnifle » Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 pm

futurist wrote:Hunter sounds rad
wow i am bascially Hunter rn
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
Totally wrote:also to the really creepily obsessed kid frothing NON-US SPORTS GEAR IS A COMPLEXITY-SIGNALING DEVICE FOR AGEING HIPSTER ACOLYTES WHO DOWNLOAD MOANA: I have a lot of friends (and an apartment) in Geelong. Get a fuckin life man.
ripersnifle

Postby morris buttermaker » Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 pm

grace cathedral park wrote:idk you never know if you're right behind waluigi and he's gonna slam a red koopa on you if you don't go because it's too gay for him to wait at a red light

fresh but I can already feel it becoming a part of me
morris buttermaker

Postby bro tones » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 am

on sex and the city:

mactheo wrote:that night, I thought about what hoopdog had said. was this simply a good show? or was it an [close-up on text] unbelievably sick show?
antoine wrote:i got doofed by a sunoco freezerito
bro tones

Postby wendy » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:29 am

Ferrous Bueller wrote:
Esteban wrote:Even tho Michael Cera looks how you'd think he would by this age, I find it very distressing lol.

I dunno, I never expected his head to change shape
wendy

Postby Sports Fan of the Year » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:04 am

This exchange has been swirling around in my head for years and I could never remember the exact phrasing or who was involved or even what band they were talking about but I'm so glad to have finally found it

Dalen wrote:
captain wrote:Remember the Futureheads?

Of course you do.
-Dalen

captain, tattoo that on your ass for me!
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression
Sports Fan of the Year

Postby opi » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:53 pm

this thread has definitely become more of a "greatest hits" compendium, which is fine, but not really in line with its original spirit, which was supposed to anthologize posts that for most are completely unremarkable but of which you think often, pretty much inexplicably, so what i'm about to post has been a long time coming & i think falls more in line with the original post

literally almost every time i look at a mirror that isn't primarily occupied by my own reflection, i.e. there's a lot of visual depth "behind" my image, whether it's a cityscape or a street-level window reflection that reveals the world in reverse behind me, i think of the post-- & i'm almost certain it was this poster-- manvstrees made in the 2016 election thread a few days after the election, where he said something roughly along the lines of, "i looked into a mirror earlier today & saw the world reflected back at me & it was like a portal back into universe A"

i mean i think about that post probably nearly every day & i'm sure he doesn't remember posting it at all
opi
medicine bottle

Postby Stuntman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 pm

In that vein, around the time I first started posting and before I really knew who anyone was, boarder Penitent Man asked Petty how he didn't recognize a Simpsons reference (I don't remember what it was) when his avatar at the time was an image of Lisa Simpson. Petty's response was "Fuckin hate the Simpsons."

I don't know why but I think about that exchange all the time.
Stuntman
AKA Ron

Postby death is my amigo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Infinity Lunker wrote:I was at world market yesterday and the guy in front of me bought some German candybar and then got cash back. He asked the cashier to give him all singles, then started doing the make it rain on a stripper hand motion. I couldn't help standing there looking like the dad from The Americans when they both simultaneously turned to make eye contact with me for empathy.
so
death is my amigo
ok

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.