chicago

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby joe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:35 am

love to inconveniently save like 20 minutes
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 14824
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby joe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 am

they should build an airport in downtown chicago with direct flights only to ohare
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 14824
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby joe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:38 am

pretty damn good public transit route you have there, shame if some weirdo technocapitalist were to have no idea how the world works
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
User avatar
joe
 
Posts: 14824
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby death is my amigo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:05 am

I honestly fifty fifty believe no one involved thinks this is ever gonna happen and it’s Rahm doing Elon a solid as part of his massive recent PR warpath to distract from blazing dumpster that’s Tesla’s financial state
so
User avatar
death is my amigo
ok
 
Posts: 32213
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Postby Kuboaa » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:13 am

kirito wrote:anyway i'll ride this thing for shits and gigs fuck it

you won't, because it will never be finished/started
User avatar
Kuboaa
 
Posts: 12493
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 am
Location: chicago

Postby Autarch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

isis please bomb elon's tunnel
Sent from my Lenovo
User avatar
Autarch
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am
Location: In these times of economy

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 am

tourists HATE taking the blue line into the city!!!!!
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
User avatar
xxx-xxx-xxxx
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Autarch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:02 am

the blue line and the kennedy are both fine wtf is wrong with rahm that he thinks this is a good idea. he's been pushing for high speed rail from o'hare to the loop and other crap for years it seems. did he like get caught in really bad traffic once and now think it's the worst problem facing the city?
Sent from my Lenovo
User avatar
Autarch
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am
Location: In these times of economy

Postby DasLofGang » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 am

you’re all tsk-tsking now but you won’t be when they extend this thing to CLEVELAND
I don’t think George Washington and those guys were thinking that deep into it. They prob would be like WHAT!!??? Ok we need to change this part……
User avatar
DasLofGang
 
Posts: 12665
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 am
Location: nerd neck

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 am

Rahm: "We can't have a whites-only car from O'hare on the blue line. They'll kill me in the press"

Flunkie: "How about we charge $25 per ride?"

Rahm: "You have my attention"
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
User avatar
xxx-xxx-xxxx
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby brentwurst » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 am

i'm a pretty militant musk hater, hopefully this doesn't happen
User avatar
brentwurst
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: chicago

Postby goldsoundz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am

can you imagine if we took the money proposed for this nonsense and did actual sensible transit upgrades, especially in areas that are low accessibility currently?

this is just rahm's shameless ploy to get the people that fly in for business and stay around the airport into the downtown areas
User avatar
goldsoundz
 
Posts: 3018
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:45 pm
Location: chicago

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:55 am

man Rahm is so fucking stupid
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 71160
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby domesticwhite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

xxx-xxx-xxxx wrote:

i was doing some twitter reading on this tekashi69 nonsense and came across this tweet,

ive been noticing this has been getting talked about alot on a bunch of the southside neighborhood fb groups i belong to.
i wonder if the media is going to catch on to this.



also been seeing this a lot. apparently four girls found in abandoned buildings with organs removed? spooky jack the ripper shit but racist since all of the women have been of color.
User avatar
domesticwhite
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: chicago, il

Postby domesticwhite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

shit it double posted me
User avatar
domesticwhite
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: chicago, il

Postby tgk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am

I saw some other tweets saying that this isn't actually true and its people hyping stuff up into urban legends, which is why there hasn't been any media attention about it. Of course it's exactly the type of thing the city wouldn't want made public so it could be a cover up too.
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Autarch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am

this "conceptual look" video looks like total shit too:

Image
Last edited by Autarch on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Lenovo
User avatar
Autarch
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am
Location: In these times of economy

Postby domesticwhite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 am

tgk wrote:I saw some other tweets saying that this isn't actually true and its people hyping stuff up into urban legends, which is why there hasn't been any media attention about it. Of course it's exactly the type of thing the city wouldn't want made public so it could be a cover up too.



i wondered about that aspect, searching around on twitter through hashtags and stuff, seemed like a toss up between genuine concern and the potential of a proliferating urban legend. hard to say. i hope it doesn't continue.
User avatar
domesticwhite
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: chicago, il

Postby kirito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 am

wouldn't an express bus lane on lsd be nice
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
User avatar
kirito
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm
Location: chi

Postby viachicago » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

kirito wrote:wouldn't an express bus lane on lsd be nice


in terms of transit priorities it would be nice but i wouldnt say its hugely critical since the area is already well served by the Red Line. and there are express buses (147) which are pretty sick assuming theres not a traffic jam..can get form like Bryn Mawr to the loop in like 20 mins.

im more interested in some decent way to connect the North to the W/NW side (try getting from the lakeshore to O'Hare..i dont know why every airport service has to serve the same Kennedy/Milwaukee corridor. yea theres buses but if youve ever sat on the Lawrence westbound trying to get to the Kennedy just to connect to the Blue Line...better allow like 2 hours in travel time
User avatar
viachicago
 
Posts: 11062
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Postby naturemorte » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:36 am

Autarch wrote:this "conceptual look" video looks like total shit too:

Image


well, you gotta admit, it is high velocity
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro
User avatar
naturemorte
 
Posts: 6227
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm
Location: maxine's parlour

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 am

Any of you native Chicagoans remember the homie the clown thing back in the early 90's?

I'm not sure if this was a chicago thing, or nationwide.

My school actually made parents pick us up a couple days after reported "sightings"
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX
User avatar
xxx-xxx-xxxx
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby tgk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

viachicago wrote:
kirito wrote:wouldn't an express bus lane on lsd be nice


in terms of transit priorities it would be nice but i wouldnt say its hugely critical since the area is already well served by the Red Line. and there are express buses (147) which are pretty sick assuming theres not a traffic jam..can get form like Bryn Mawr to the loop in like 20 mins.

im more interested in some decent way to connect the North to the W/NW side (try getting from the lakeshore to O'Hare..i dont know why every airport service has to serve the same Kennedy/Milwaukee corridor. yea theres buses but if youve ever sat on the Lawrence westbound trying to get to the Kennedy just to connect to the Blue Line...better allow like 2 hours in travel time


and something that can get people north to south when they're further west than the loop
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Marx & Engels wrote:I knew Rahm had wanted a dumb luxury express train to O'Hare, but lol at abandoning an actual train for Musk's bullshit tunnel tech




i can't stop laughing everytime i see the words THE BORING COMPANY. But also that promo video says LAX??? lol could chicago be more of a chump city rn.

joe wrote:love to inconveniently save like 20 minutes


this is mostly my reaction to this. like the actual problem with getting to o'Hare has NOTHING to do with how long it takes to commute to the loop.

i'm also just amused by the level of Stupid in this animated projection of how it will work/look. They clearly spend so much more time thinking about 'oh cool' features. Making people line up in groups of 60 to catch one care at a time-- not to mention with giant bags, oof.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it


bigcat wrote:I love many socialist policies

Ideologues of all flavors can suck my dick
User avatar
galactagogue
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm

tgk wrote:
viachicago wrote:
kirito wrote:wouldn't an express bus lane on lsd be nice


in terms of transit priorities it would be nice but i wouldnt say its hugely critical since the area is already well served by the Red Line. and there are express buses (147) which are pretty sick assuming theres not a traffic jam..can get form like Bryn Mawr to the loop in like 20 mins.

im more interested in some decent way to connect the North to the W/NW side (try getting from the lakeshore to O'Hare..i dont know why every airport service has to serve the same Kennedy/Milwaukee corridor. yea theres buses but if youve ever sat on the Lawrence westbound trying to get to the Kennedy just to connect to the Blue Line...better allow like 2 hours in travel time


and something that can get people north to south when they're further west than the loop



yeah the triangulation is bad. even when you're centrally located, it's obvious that there's really poor circulation between. i'm conflicted about that tho, i think sometimes these things are what help certain areas retain some of the identity that they do. I'm still pro better circulation, but I'm wary of the usual ham-fisted way it's likely to be implemented.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it


bigcat wrote:I love many socialist policies

Ideologues of all flavors can suck my dick
User avatar
galactagogue
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Postby galactagogue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:21 pm

domesticwhite wrote:
xxx-xxx-xxxx wrote:

i was doing some twitter reading on this tekashi69 nonsense and came across this tweet,

ive been noticing this has been getting talked about alot on a bunch of the southside neighborhood fb groups i belong to.
i wonder if the media is going to catch on to this.



also been seeing this a lot. apparently four girls found in abandoned buildings with organs removed? spooky jack the ripper shit but racist since all of the women have been of color.



this is insane. i wonder in what circles this news is actually circulating tho, because I have a lot of friends that do work specifically in the southside and haven't heard much from them about it either ://
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it


bigcat wrote:I love many socialist policies

Ideologues of all flavors can suck my dick
User avatar
galactagogue
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:32 pm

http://wgntv.com/2018/06/12/body-found-in-garage-identified-as-missing-woman-shantieya-smith/

I dunno about the rumors but there's two missing and two have been found dead and the pattern is pretty serial killer-y
User avatar
palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 27679
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby Autarch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm

you all should click on the tweet i posted :twisted:
Sent from my Lenovo
User avatar
Autarch
 
Posts: 4718
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 am
Location: In these times of economy

Postby tgk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:http://wgntv.com/2018/06/12/body-found-in-garage-identified-as-missing-woman-shantieya-smith/

I dunno about the rumors but there's two missing and two have been found dead and the pattern is pretty serial killer-y


I just talked with a co-worker who does advocacy work in the south and west side and said the young girls and women she knows are really freaking out about this and are terrified of being abducted and won't walk to school now because of this. It's really bad and police aren't doing anything.
User avatar
tgk
 
Posts: 25991
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Fullscreen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:08 pm

but by all means, jaime andrade, keep pushing that carjacking bill.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart
User avatar
Fullscreen
 
Posts: 10330
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Sunset City

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a is jump, alaska, Albatross, Architecture, Autarch, banquo, barrier, bluelips, buriedinspace, butter, chewy, cruiserbob, DasLofGang, deer, denvermax, Dinosauria We, Double McDouble, Egads, Feech La Manna, Ferrous Bueller, Franco, gambra, Gehrig Industries, gobot, goodtimes, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Grendel, Hal Jordan, hogwild, i won a contest, iwillneverpost, jack, jewels, Juneau, KALM, kid_chameleon, Kiki, maritime, mcwop23, mealy potatoes, mini, mmmbop, MonkeyTennis, Mr Squishy, Mr. Towel, mystery meat, Naphil, Paul, pocket shepherd, pony, port, R C, Sad Panda, shrinemaidens, slime, Sobieski, someguy, terminus, tex porneau, That Demon Life, Tom Cruise, transitive, TwoInchesOfTrouble, uncledoj, VHGisdead, wakeman, wario lopez