chicago

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby naturemorte » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 am

thanks! I'm hoping it's comparable to living in northeast LA--I'm used to hourlong drives everywhere. seems like there's good food nearby at least.
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro
naturemorte

Postby tgk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 am

There's good food everywhere it's one of the best things about Chicago
tgk

Postby galactagogue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 pm

definitely lots of good food within a decently easy drive! if you want cheap late eats Ghareeb Nawaz is delicioussss indian food with insane portions. Don't do the mango lassi tho.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby naturemorte » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Any tips for cheap decent furniture places? looking for coffee table/chairs/etc. what are the areas that are likely to have thee best goodwills?
chad wrote:"How can I make this about me and also congratulate myself in some way" - basically every hipinion bro
naturemorte

Postby tgk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 pm

The salvation army on clybourn just south of Fullerton is good. The unique thrift chain is usually decent. If you're like me just get on estate sale listservs and raid the untouched grandmas midecentury houses in the suburbs
tgk

Postby Kuboaa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 pm

goodwill and brown elephant first and then if you can't find anything you like you can always hoof it out Ikea
Kuboaa

Postby sleigh » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 pm

tgk wrote:estate sale listservs

:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:o

:shock:
so
sleigh
ok

Postby Little Miss Obesity » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

:barney: :barney: :barney: :barney: :barney:
naturemorte wrote:Any tips for cheap decent furniture places? looking for coffee table/chairs/etc. what are the areas that are likely to have thee best goodwills?

The Brown Elephant in Andersonville on N Clark is really good! The Unique on Kimball/Elston in Albany Park. And Village Thrift sometimes has good furniture but you can always find good smaller houseware type stuff. The best one is on Kimball/Lawrence and the one on Damen/Roscoe in Roscoe Village and then the one in Andersonville on Clark across from the Banana Video is hitter. Good luck!
suck my pumpkin guts asshole
Little Miss Obesity

Postby galactagogue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 pm

yea andersonville is good. i also follow this insta based in midwest called waldomidcentury. theres also this decent resale place on sheridan right below devon. roost in andersonville is nice but $$
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby naturemorte » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm

sick tips. will definitely check out some of these spots and share my impressions! so far you are all as nice as you're purported to be. how do I get on these estate sale listswerves?
naturemorte

Postby pablito » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm

i want in on the estate sale listserv too!!!
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

Postby tgk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:35 pm

just sign up on estatesales.net and you'll give em your zip and the radius you want and they'll email you a weekly list of the estate sales and you can check out all the pictures. if you're a mid century fiend like me keep an eye out in the berwyn/cicero/riverside areas.
tgk

Postby Little Miss Obesity » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:43 pm

naturemorte wrote:sick tips. will definitely check out some of these spots and share my impressions! so far you are all as nice as you're purported to be. how do I get on these estate sale listswerves?

hmu if you need someone to help you shop. will help you move furniture for Dr. Pepper.
Little Miss Obesity

Postby pablito » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:52 pm

i can vouch for little miss obesity being the best person to go shopping with
pablito

Postby Little Miss Obesity » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 am

pablito wrote:i can vouch for little miss obesity being the best person to go shopping with

thx diane
Little Miss Obesity

Postby Autarch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 am

lot of great glass art in this one. Kind of wish I didn't quit my job so I could buy something:

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Northbrook/60062/1727916
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby tgk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:17 am

man that estate is just the most 80s place on earth you can almost smell it.
tgk

Postby Autarch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 am

It reminds me of my grandparents' and all of their friends' houses (who had great taste, imo). Wonder if it's an old Jew thing.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am

My grandpa's collection was legit as hell. Dude had a chihuly and a warhol.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby port » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:50 am

Seven weeks in Chicago starting soon. Plz send restaurant recommendations. I can only eat at normal dinner hours Sunday & Monday nights (so Giant is out). Looking forward to getting to know this town a little better, I've only spent maybe 4 days here in my life.
port

Postby pablito » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 am

hi five ramen if you have time to wait awhile for a spot on a sunday!
pablito

Postby Kuboaa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 am

port wrote:Seven weeks in Chicago starting soon. Plz send restaurant recommendations. I can only eat at normal dinner hours Sunday & Monday nights (so Giant is out). Looking forward to getting to know this town a little better, I've only spent maybe 4 days here in my life.

the Chicago heat map on eater is usually a good weekly resource
https://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-new-chicago-restaurants-heatmap
also you can go to City Mouse for a Giant-adjacent menu from the same chef, they have all day hours since they are in a hotel
Kuboaa

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Love Susana Mendoza

Rauner, talking about Mendoza

she is, she is such a puppet for Madigan. And, she, all she does is put out there baloney that he tells her to put out.

Mendoza responds

Sorry for the delay in paying attention to this. I was busy trying to manage through the backlog of unpaid bills that Gov. Rauner more than tripled since taking office.

On behalf of the 12 million+ people that I was elected to serve and to whom I am accountable, I am still waiting for Gov. Rauner to answer my question:

Why did you spend $2.8 billion in unauthorized spending and how much will your Rauner Tax cost the people of Illinois in order to pay for your deficit spending?

Focus. Governor. Focus.
tgk

Postby Fullscreen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:47 pm

I guess Gutierrez wants to run against Rahm now?
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart
Fullscreen

Postby viachicago » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm

man that line for hi-5 is so dumb. tried to go there once and only once, right when the doors opened, and was told it was a 2 hr wait. said "fuck that", promptly turned around, and went to Strings and had a great bowl there with zero wait as always. but i feel similarly about most Sodikoff "concepts"
viachicago

Postby Fullscreen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Kuboaa wrote:
port wrote:Seven weeks in Chicago starting soon. Plz send restaurant recommendations. I can only eat at normal dinner hours Sunday & Monday nights (so Giant is out). Looking forward to getting to know this town a little better, I've only spent maybe 4 days here in my life.

the Chicago heat map on eater is usually a good weekly resource
https://chicago.eater.com/maps/best-new-chicago-restaurants-heatmap
also you can go to City Mouse for a Giant-adjacent menu from the same chef, they have all day hours since they are in a hotel

very into the idea of haisous Vietnamese.

I kick myself about this all the time but i really need to get out of my neighborhood more.
Fullscreen

Postby wuk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Fullscreen wrote:I guess Gutierrez wants to run against Rahm now?

Yes but not in the election you think
wuk

Postby camping » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:57 pm

cool! what types of food do you like? do you know what neighborhood you'll be staying in yet? probably right downtown huh
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby tgk » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Go to little goat port!
tgk

Postby Fullscreen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Red Hot Ranch for them double dawgs 8-)
Fullscreen

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All