Postby tgk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am

even the national review is getting its licks in

tgk

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

anyone watching Easy, season 2?
might be more cringe worthy from a Chicago perspective than the first season
Kuboaa

Postby howiep » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:30 pm

I'm an extra in episode 2 so that's the only one I've watched. Definitely difficult at times.
howiep

Postby razzle » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Kuboaa wrote:anyone watching Easy, season 2?
might be more cringe worthy from a Chicago perspective than the first season

Like in what way? Ive never seen it and it just kind of sounds irritating from what I have heard.
At least we have Hamilton
razzle
ok

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:46 pm

the name dropping and wink winks seem to be way more obvious while at the same time skirting geographical constraints /actual everyday life in the city that is totally obvious to anyone who lives here, I can't figure out what season of the year this is supposed to be taking place in and also it's a little infuriating that everyone seemingly can afford to own houses in this show while working jobs that definitely don't correlate

the first episode is especially egregious with a couple where the dude works some non-descriptive cubicle job and Aubrey Plaza doesn't seem to have a job yet they live in easily a million dollar house in Beverly
Kuboaa

Postby goldsoundz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:52 pm

i only saw the first season, but from what i remember it was basically "wahhhhh all these married couples in their 30s are bored with their sexual routine"

it was pretty bad, but i did get a kick out of seeing places i go or have been pop up. it's clearly forced but whatever
goldsoundz

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:53 pm

also the beer story line from the first season comes back with Dave Franco's character bitching about having to make IPAs with a Half Acre Pony in his hand totally eschewing that Half Acre is what is now because they sold a shit load of Daisy Cutter and likewise Revolution with Anti-Hero
Kuboaa

Postby Kuboaa » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:56 pm

goldsoundz wrote:i only saw the first season, but from what i remember it was basically "wahhhhh all these married couples in their 30s are bored with their sexual routine"

it was pretty bad, but i did get a kick out of seeing places i go or have been pop up. it's clearly forced but whatever

oh that's totally why we watched the first and started second, but that reason def wears thin in the second season
Kuboaa

Postby Dear You » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm

my friend/old roommate is a background extra in ep 5 :)
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby razzle » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I need to get a zipper replaced on ny winter jacket and fast. Any suggestions on a tailor or seamstress that can fix? I had a place in Pilsen but it is kind of far. Looking for Wicker Park.
At least we have Hamilton
razzle
ok

Postby dylanclub » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Kuboaa wrote:
goldsoundz wrote:i only saw the first season, but from what i remember it was basically "wahhhhh all these married couples in their 30s are bored with their sexual routine"

oh that's totally why we watched the first and started second, but that reason def wears thin in the second season

it's fun seeing Cole and Quimby's and Chicago stuff. and the show doesn't try too hard, more like the opposite. it's not bad
dylanclub

Postby creedence tapes » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

yea ya'll are jaded as fuck about easy.
creedence tapes

Postby port » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 pm

camping wrote:
port wrote:Seven weeks in Chicago starting soon. Plz send restaurant recommendations. I can only eat at normal dinner hours Sunday & Monday nights (so Giant is out). Looking forward to getting to know this town a little better, I've only spent maybe 4 days here in my life.

cool! what types of food do you like? do you know what neighborhood you'll be staying in yet? probably right downtown huh

Yeah I'm right in the Loop but it shouldn't be TOO busy of a time here so I can try to get out and explore (though I'd appreciate some dinner spots in that area for between-show breaks as well). I eat everything but my boyfriend is visiting and he's on more of a vegetarian bent than me. We ate at some incredible high end veggie places in Philly - does Chicago have anything comparable? Taking a few days off while he's here so I don't have to worry if they are closed on Mondays.
port

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

I haven't been but Green Zebra is a popular fancy vegetarian place
tgk

Postby Autarch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Green Zebra and Mana Food Bar are both good, imo.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:25 pm

though if I want good veg I just go ethiopian or indian usually and there's tons of good ones in those categories.
tgk

Postby Autarch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

vegan plate on ashland and fullerton is good thai, imo. they also have a location in lakeview, i believe.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby galactagogue » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:02 pm

everything about easy is incredibly mediocre !!!! script, acting it was all bad. i appreciate the effort. i mean having an ep entirely spoken in spanish is a nice idea but thar was easily the worst script out if all of them. it feels like high maintenance without the support of a decent premise//interesting situations.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby galactagogue » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 pm

lol i sounded so cranky when i wrote that. sorry y’all ! i was v not into s1 tho.
vivian darkbloom wrote:Posting in this thread is like the cheaper version of getting drunk

I like it
galactagogue

Postby darger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 pm

oof.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s schools chief “repeatedly lied” to investigators and engaged in a “full-blown cover-up” of behavior that he and the top attorney for Chicago Public Schools engaged in over the past 20 months, the CPS inspector general says in a report released Thursday.

In a blistering, 103-page document he sent Tuesday to the Chicago Board of Education, Inspector General Nicholas Schuler said he was “left with no recourse but to conclude” that the board should fire CPS CEO Forrest Claypool.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cps-ceo-forrest-claypool-lied-lawyers-ethics-breach-cps-inspector-general-report-nicholas-schuler/
darger
ok

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Fuck forrest claypool. Takes some talent to ruin the cta and cps
tgk

Postby granger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:37 pm

hey folks, i'm sure this post pops up pretty often, but i'm in a rush! gonna be in chicago for three days -- one of which i'll be on my own just jackin' around the city. any recs on where to eat and go? good bookstores? museums? should i go watch this bulls-knicks game?
granger

Postby darger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm

tgk wrote:Takes some talent to ruin the cta and cps

agree to disagree
darger
ok

Postby darger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:41 pm

granger wrote:hey folks, i'm sure this post pops up pretty often, but i'm in a rush! gonna be in chicago for three days -- one of which i'll be on my own just jackin' around the city. any recs on where to eat and go? good bookstores? museums? should i go watch this bulls-knicks game?

where are you staying?
darger
ok

Postby goldsoundz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 pm

definitely do not watch the bulls, they are disgracefully bad
goldsoundz

Postby darger » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 pm

goldsoundz wrote:definitely do not watch the bulls, they are disgracefully bad

yes but you get to see porzingis.
darger
ok

Postby tgk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Tix are probably super cheap tho
tgk

Postby Getbetter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 am

I might finally come visit Chicago to help do a light show for Earthless, Kikagaku Moyo ,and Jujjjuu at the Empty Bottle in March. The only thing that might stop me is I might have to move which would mean my studio as well so I might too broke to go out there but hopefully I can make it out .
Getbetter

Postby Kuboaa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:04 am

tgk wrote:Fuck forrest claypool. Takes some talent to ruin the cta and cps

pulling the ol' Ron Huberman
Kuboaa

Postby tgk » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Claypool is out! Rest in shit asshole
tgk

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All