Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:50 pm

The doofus that I am, I only just now learned how to use a keyboard as a controller for the active track on a Digitakt but holy shit it's exactly the feature I've needed all along. It feels so unimaginably good to be able to instantaneously play any synth I'm using in a given sequence with a push of a button, plus I'm finally free of the single octave limitation of the built-in keyboard
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:56 pm

lol
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 am

bro tones wrote:you guys see the grandmother??

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/introducing-grandmother

Between the spring reverb tank, arpeggiator, and sequencer, this thing is pretty much catnip for me.

I bought a Sub Phatty today and finally fulfilled my dream of owning a Moog keyboard. It's a goddamned beautiful thing and sturdy as hell to boot. There really isn't anything quite like the fullness of sound you get out of them.

Really looking to trying out the Omnisphere compatibility
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Eugenics » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:26 am

yeah, i'm probably gonna have to buy that dumb ass thing too... :sincere:
Eugenics

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:31 am

it sounds good on paper but all i'm hearing is a bunch of squelchy noises
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Eugenics » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 am

lol. this is p. sicc tho.

Eugenics

Postby acidity regulator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 am

dammit, this might be the drum machine i'm looking for
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 am

HAAAAMBURRRRGER LAAAAAAADY
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Cronos » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

I really want a Synthstrom Deluge. Ive been inventorying my possessions I can sell.
Cronos

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Traded my Wavestation and DX7 (and an EHX Cathedral) for a Prophet 08 and Drumbrute today. Probably will flip the 08 once I sell some other stuff and upgrade to the Rev2, but I'm pretty close to my ideal workflow now
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby acidity regulator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 pm

preordered the PULSAR 23 anyways. sounds way sicker than money
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:22 pm

Money sucks

Good move
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby acidity regulator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 pm

I can sample the sound of money and put it on my iPad (which is made of money)
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:19 pm

If anyone is fixing for Waldorf gear, it's 15% off with 36-month financing rn at Guitar Center
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Eugenics » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:42 pm

lemme refresh my memory of the 2-pole filter. i might grab that if it does what i need it to, otherwise, im going with:
Eugenics

Postby Eugenics » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:56 pm

I finally put together a really nice studio desk console, after never having anything really permanent, and i have some racks to fill up, but besides a few power conditioners and my high-end mastering stuff, i'm really straining to find other worthwhile shit to fill rack space that isn't redundant and already done way cheaper and questionably just as good, in the DAW. I'll for sure get a patch bay and basically use it as inserts for effects pedals and whatnot, which i may get a few rackmount slide-out shelves for..idano...
i figured since everyone's been working in-the-box for so long, that there'd be tons of old neat possibly unique rack gear out there on the cheap, but most stuff held value...even out-dated digital verbs and delays and shit. It might be cool to have one of the earlier Auto-tune racks..those aren't so pricey, and maybe, like, the tube driver OD or Rat rack, as well. definitely would like a nice, standalone analog filter though..(the sherman filterbanks suck, btw, unless you like annoyingly distorted filters)
Eugenics

Postby Wilderness » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:28 pm

I impulse bought a 2 Pole recently when I saw one at a tempting price. It's a fun little box. Thought it was a bit noisy at first then I moved it around the chain and it quietened down for some reason. Still not sure it's 100% true bypass like they claim. Lots of fun to be had running percussion or sequences through the envelope follower. Drive is ok. Rectifier seems a bit gimmicky in most circumstances. Love running cheap digital synths and keyboards through it. Really adds a lot of character to my car boot boards.

Most fun I've had is playing some fat microkorg bass through it, setting the lfo real fast and riding the cutoff for some Daft Punk talk box sounds. I've caught my mouth pulling some ridiculous involuntary shapes, lol.

edit: just saw you don't like 'annoyingly distorted filters,' eugenics. The 2 Pole does introduce some distortion-type artifacts in some situations, so that's something to bear in mind. I'm not a filter connoisseur though so I couldn't tell you if it's particularly egregious in that regard.
Wilderness

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:25 am

Hard to go wrong with the Moogerfooger low pass filter, though obviously that's not rack-mounted. I've been interested in checking out the Chase Bliss Condor. A friend of mine swears by their pedals as Moogerfooger killers.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a Streichfett cuz the orchestral tones you can coax out of a Juno have got me switched on Bach lately
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:45 pm

something happened while i was switching banks on the digitakt and now every menu for every saved pattern has alternate options, like AMP has "SND CTRL1" "SND CTRL2", TRIG has a keyboard

what the fuck, how do i revert it back to the standard shit
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:10 pm

also now when i'm switching between patterns all of the tempos and time signatures carry over even when not selecting GLOBAL

lol using this for first time at a show tonight and it's all falling apart on me, typical
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:16 pm

maybe tonight is an acoustic night, buzz
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:something happened while i was switching banks on the digitakt and now every menu for every saved pattern has alternate options, like AMP has "SND CTRL1" "SND CTRL2", TRIG has a keyboard

what the fuck, how do i revert it back to the standard shit

Sounds like you've clicked one of the bottom row buttons, which are MIDI tracks and display the things you were seeing. When you hit a key in the top row, do you still see the alternate menus?
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby bro tones » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:42 pm

this thing seems a bit gimmicky, but it's small and portable and i'm interested maybe
benj wrote:rest in peace luggii dead ass
bro tones

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:55 am

I pulled a Trader Danny and turned my DX7 and Wavestation into an OB-6 module

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:08 am

attn boonie and circuit owners, new firmware

as someone who uses the circuit more like a drum machine/practice looper than an active instrument, the ablilty to chain more patterns to make song-length loops and tie notes across patterns (making drones easier) has me pretty happy!

Chain patterns, make songs. It’s called “Pattern Chain Sequence,: and it lets you chain together up to 32 patterns into a chain… or even chain chains into more chains, for 16 chains of patterns, then select any order you want. You can also use this live as you play by appending patterns.

Tied/drone notes. Each step can be tied to another, all the way into long drones.

Nudge off the grid: Each step gets 1-5 ticks delay, or use Synth Micro-Nudge “create new, more complex rhythms like triplets across the beat.”

Grey Poupon

Postby boonie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:12 pm

I ditched the circuit :lol:
boonie
the saddest magpie

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:35 pm

boonie wrote:I ditched the circuit :lol:

Hey that’s cool, you were still my evangelist :)

Did you buy another piece of gear with the circuit money?
Grey Poupon

Postby boonie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:41 am

I wish. Just needed the cash cause of baby and one income. :cry:
boonie
the saddest magpie

Postby Grey Poupon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:16 am

I'm sorry. Synth come, synth go. But synth always return. :(

Admittedly I partially justified my circuit purchase by telling myself in a couple of years my kid will be able to fiddle with it
these days for some reason they just like pressing the record and play button, rather than the 32 other buttons that make cool noises so I've still got a way to go
Grey Poupon

Postby boonie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:32 am

It's cool. I've got my EMX to mess around with and you can do alot with one thing when you have to. I'm like the Yin to Milquetoaster Strudels Yang
boonie
the saddest magpie

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....