Bitcoin Maximalist hangout

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby came to wreck » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:02 pm

nice pass wrote:did you buy iota ctw

they say it is too centralized but if its good enough for you its good enough for me

lol wait why would ppl buy what i buy, idk shit. i have no IOTA yet which sucks but it seems ppl in US can only buy it off binance? i guess all the current growth is coming from other countries or are more ppl using binance than i thought? if it was on another exchange i would have it already but the binance only thing puts me off maybe irrationally tho
came to wreck

Postby nice pass » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:05 pm

cuz you were hip to eth early
nice pass
ok

Postby nice pass » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:09 pm

nice pass
ok

Postby ecto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:22 pm

yikes
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby mactheo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:27 pm

huh maybe I should just go all in on monero

edit: monero and dogecoin

mactheo

Postby ecto » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm

give draw your money before buying doge
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby came to wreck » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm

personally im feeling better about monero than iota. thats funny if there really is no microsoft iota partnership cause that was what had me confused about it all to begin with. still insane its #4 currently but maybe its just ppl thirsty for the next big thing? i havent been able to really keep up and stay on top of things for months now, basically since the summer when everyday there was a new ICO for some coin i had never heard of, kinda stepped back once that occurred but thinking about trying to come back in on some new things now
came to wreck

Postby mortimer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm

came to wreck wrote:personally im feeling better about monero than iota. thats funny if there really is no microsoft iota partnership cause that was what had me confused about it all to begin with. still insane its #4 currently but maybe its just ppl thirsty for the next big thing? i havent been able to really keep up and stay on top of things for months now, basically since the summer when everyday there was a new ICO for some coin i had never heard of, kinda stepped back once that occurred but thinking about trying to come back in on some new things now

There isn't. There's nothing anywhere aside from some forums and press releases that mentions a Microsoft partnership.

Steam:

In the past few months we've seen an increase in the volatility in the value of Bitcoin and a significant increase in the fees to process transactions on the Bitcoin network. For example, transaction fees that are charged to the customer by the Bitcoin network have skyrocketed this year, topping out at close to $20 a transaction last week (compared to roughly $0.20 when we initially enabled Bitcoin).
Historically, the value of Bitcoin has been volatile, but the degree of volatility has become extreme in the last few months, losing as much as 25% in value over a period of days. This creates a problem for customers trying to purchase games with Bitcoin. When checking out on Steam, a customer will transfer x amount of Bitcoin for the cost of the game, plus y amount of Bitcoin to cover the transaction fee charged by the Bitcoin network. The value of Bitcoin is only guaranteed for a certain period of time so if the transaction doesn’t complete within that window of time, then the amount of Bitcoin needed to cover the transaction can change. The amount it can change has been increasing recently to a point where it can be significantly different.
mortimer

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:58 pm

the people still talking about these things as currency are insane
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby an otter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

mcwop23 wrote:the people still talking about these things as currency are insane

To be fair they have to be. If everyone invested just finally said out loud, "Okay, so these things have no functional purpose. They're awkward to get, slow to exchange, require a lot of resources to maintain, aren't legal everywhere, and the transaction fees are creeping up," then the market would fall through the floor.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby unome » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 pm

mcwop23 wrote:the people still talking about these things as currency are insane

Bitcoins are like fairies as far as I’m concerned
unome

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm

looks like people are moving money from ether to bitcoin

i don’t blame them, but on the other hand all the reasons to to go from one to the other seem stupid

but bitcoin is on the magazine covers so
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby draw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm

mcwop23 wrote:looks like people are moving money from ether to bitcoin

i don’t blame them, but on the other hand all the reasons to to go from one to the other seem stupid

People's confidence in ethereum is being shaken by *squints at hackernews* Crypto Kitties
draw

Postby bear » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:34 pm

like the flaws to bitcoin aren't inherent to crypto though, are they? couldn't you create a currency with lower transaction times and less computationally expensive puzzles? like the challenge and reward could be so small that it's not worth it for big players, but people on desktops might still mine?
bear
good bear

Postby Sam Bash » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Staying 100% in ETH. It's still up 40% since last month.
Sam Bash

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm

oh yeah i’m happy with ether

i mean once it passed $40 i literally couldn’t imagine buying into it anymore anyway
wendy wrote:
mcwop23

Postby nice pass » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm

draw wrote:

People's confidence in ethereum is being shaken by *squints at hackernews* Crypto Kitties

im glad you brought crypto kitties up

meet my digital pride and joy

*~The Mad ScIeNtIsT~*
nice pass
ok

Postby draw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Daww, liittle scamp
draw

Postby coop » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Bitcoin $13k today... also
coop

Postby draw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Daww, little scamps
draw

Postby draw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:56 pm

That "hack" was 100% done by the folks running the exchange. Hmm yes 50 million dollars on a device connected to the internet, sounds legit.
draw

Postby hoopdog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Do we still feel like there's room for growth with Monero?
hoopdog
ride.

Postby Sam Bash » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:56 pm

Wow, BTC shot past 14k. I'm nervous and I don't even have any!
Sam Bash

Postby trope » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:58 pm

How the hell can bitcoin still be going up by 18% in a day. This is insane
trope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZTNgAs4Fc

Postby trope » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Hopefully this will mean eth recovers when bitcoin dips.

Ah who am I kidding it'll drag everything else down like it always does.
trope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZTNgAs4Fc

Postby blues » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 pm

how did it go up so much overnight? is it gonna drop or just keep going up?
blues

Postby draw » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 pm

blues wrote:how did it go up so much overnight? is it gonna drop or just keep going up?

draw

Postby blues » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm

yeah good point.
blues

Postby Sobieski » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm

why is it going up?
Johann POOPLER wrote:Progress is the exploration of our own error
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby FourLegsGood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm

I think we're still feeling the rush of hitting 10k and there's a sort of determination to hit 20k but after that it might free fall for awhile
#͎̤̹͍͇͢w͙͍̼̪̼̜̓̍̿ͯë̴̠́̿̋i͈̯̘̖̻͕͛ͦ͗̂̽͜r͓̫̻̱̤̅̉ͩͥ͑͠ḑ̪͈̱̲̮͓̰̂ͭ̇n̵̫͇̖̻̯̻͖͒i͙̐̊͐g̠̹̩͈͡ͅh̨͉̜t̔̿ͫ͛ͥ
FourLegsGood

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All