Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

would you play shuffleboard with capt picard?

Yes!
85%
No!
15%

Total votes : 82

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:32 am

the trouble with tribble is def my fave episode i've watched yet of the original series. sense of humour worked perfectly for me.
remember to please don't feed the trolls ;)
sailormoonvillain666@aol.com
(◠‿◠✿)(◠‿◠✿) kvlt (✿◠‿◠)(✿◠‿◠)

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:44 pm

ive watched all the original series now i guess im moving onto deep space nine oOOooOOooo i cant wait til i can leave my fuckin house again. what should i know beforehand aka what does this version culturally represent vs the others.

Postby chargie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Tng should be watched before ds9! :ugeek:
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color
chargie

Postby Bob511 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:what should i know beforehand aka what does this version culturally represent vs the others.
The Next Generation was more or less the fully realized Roddenberry vision, so DS9 became a sort of reaction against that, trying to put in a bunch of the interpersonal conflict and political/moral messiness that Roddenberry always resisted while he was alive.

It also kind of got left alone to do its own thing, since TNG was airing for its first two seasons, and then Voyager was the shiny new show to launch the new television network.
universe, you can't play the willfully ignorant, but partisan bleeding heart
Bob511

Postby Bob511 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Also, there's a tribble episode that's just the best.
Bob511

Postby dusky » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:57 pm

chargie wrote:Tng should be watched before ds9! :ugeek:
dusky

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Rom is low key the best character
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:59 pm

my favourite part in the original series other than the show exploring different forms of society and consciousness is def spock and bones having stand downs against each other. where can i see these two things the best? most my friends recommended deep space nine so i was going to move onto that based only on their recommendations. i hadn't considered seeing how each series influenced the next.

Postby Bob511 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:01 pm

I guess they tried to replicate that dynamic for a little stretch with Pulaski and Data in TNG, but it was really obvious aping and not that much fun.
Bob511

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:02 pm

a lot of the 'great' episodes people build up are the 'kirk shows his captain prowess by outsmarting the enemy' and idk they do nothing for me mostly. like death note was my favourite anime age 14, i dont need to get back into cat and mouse power play psych twist stuff.

Postby Bob511 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:04 pm

DS9 is definitely the Trek apex of awesome odd-couple character pairings, though.
Bob511

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:06 pm

i think my love for spock and bones is because kirk doesnt have a meaningful relationship with anyone other than whatever alien woman of the week he needs to save by teaching them love. its semi enjoyable when he is antagonistic for no real reason aka the trouble with tribbles episode.

im a big fan of chekhov's russian pride also tbh.

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:07 pm

i wonder what it was like to watch spock pre bazinga reddit world

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:09 pm

There's lot of good McCoy / Spock stuff in the movies, especially 2 through 4
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby chargie » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:11 pm

overall vulcans >>>>
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color
chargie

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:16 pm

i'd loooove to see non male vulcans as obviously the hyper utility calculating, emotions are for the weak is v 'good stem boy' and it hasnt really been explored yet. the episode where spock went home to fuck was very confusing as far as lore went and the only other episode that touches on it where he met another species who had a common background to vulcans didnt show that much either, other than she wanted to f u c k and they played up her hornyness and desirability in a very unique way. curious to see the portrayal of good stem logical erotic fucking.

Postby sailormoonvillain666@aol.com » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:16 pm

u see the contrast most clearly when spocks parents came to visit

Postby kirito » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:22 pm

sailormoonvillain666@aol.com wrote:i'd loooove to see non male vulcans as obviously the hyper utility calculating, emotions are for the weak is v 'good stem boy' and it hasnt really been explored yet. the episode where spock went home to fuck was very confusing as far as lore went and the only other episode that touches on it where he met another species who had a common background to vulcans didnt show that much either, other than she wanted to f u c k and they played up her hornyness and desirability in a very unique way. curious to see the portrayal of good stem logical erotic fucking.

there's a decent enterprise episode where the female vulcan crewmember goes through pon'farr while stuck on the ship
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby dusky » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:34 pm

i think i'm going to re-watch enterprise. I recall enjoying it somewhat, despite all the hate, and bad uniforms.
dusky

Postby messier object » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:25 pm

maaaan, I forgot Star Trek (2009) used the exact same floating silver 3D location tags Fringe did
fouder mister printer the Nowing ones complane of my book the fust edition had no stops I put in A Nuf here and thay may peper and solt it as they plese
messier object

Postby messier object » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:51 pm

dusky wrote:i think i'm going to re-watch enterprise. I recall enjoying it somewhat, despite all the hate, and bad uniforms.

just started this for the first-ish time (I think I watched it occasionally when it aired)

if
Jeremy wrote:
deadwolfbones wrote:Sons in general are very shook in the Star Trek universe
Well realistically (in the TNG canon) you have a show about the virtues of liberalism that was conceived in Reagan's second term and aired in Bush I's.

then Enterprise is the show that was defined by the end of history and aired in GWB’s first term
fouder mister printer the Nowing ones complane of my book the fust edition had no stops I put in A Nuf here and thay may peper and solt it as they plese
messier object

Postby speakers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 pm

speakers

Postby dusky » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:41 pm

speakers wrote:https://news.avclub.com/ward-off-the-encroaching-darkness-with-a-photo-of-patri-1829276443

michael chabon is a writer on the picard trek show?

i'm trying not to let myself get too excited about this... but boy does that picture :rixx:
dusky

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....