headphones thread mk xx

Ive found in time the search on this forum was shit but if you google whatever keywords with the word hipinion, you get what you're looking for most of the time. I mean even when they keywords aren't exact.

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm

dvr wrote:Anyone had luck driving Sennheiser HD series 1/4" jack headphones off a phone?

I have no problem using the hd 6xx's with my phone but that has an 1/8" jack with the converter. I am debating picking up a dragonfly based on a bud's recommendation, that may solve your problem?
tim
whatabout tim

Postby saranclaps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Pullled the trigger on the 1More quad drivers @ 120 when they were a deal of the day.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby saranclaps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

https://smile.amazon.com/Yinyoo-ZS6-Headphones-Detachable-microphone/dp/B075KKBKLZ?sa-no-redirect=1

I don't really fuck w detachable things where you have to buy your own cords or whatever but apparently these are pretty decent for sub 50 iems.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby saranclaps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:17 am

Are the included tips impossible to put on the quad driver 1more for anyone else? Feel like I got the wrong tips.
saranclaps

Postby Jefferson Zeppelin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:21 am

so with all these phones removing headphone jacks... is there a reasonable bluetooth choice? (apologies I haven't gone through the whole thread)
Jefferson Zeppelin

Postby forest design » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:26 am

I’ve had my triple-driver 1MOREs for a year now and have never been totally thrilled with them. They’re fine. Curious how the quad drivers sound.
forest design

Postby saranclaps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:36 am

I can't speak for the triple driver 1MORE but compared to the dual drivers. It's nothing revelatory soundwise, like I'm not noticing details that were unnoticable previously, but the sound feels bigger and broader (probably attributable to the fact the speaker part of headphones, whatever they are called, are bigger) and very warm, fun sound. Was dancing around to some pop songs.
saranclaps

Postby danno » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:29 am

i've been buying a pair of porta pros every time i break them, so every 6-9 months for many many years, and i feel just about ready to change, especially as i can't find them as cheap as i used to and i sorta feel like they don't sound as good as they once did
what's a good alternative, something that's rather cheap (although i could spend more for something that would last me longer, but not more than 100-150 bucks), fits in a jacket pocket, comfortable even for many hours (i have some akg k81dj that i can't wear for more than like half an hour), that i can listen to on the train without excessive leakage?
i feel like that doesn't really exists and i'm gonna buy my 150th pair of porta pros
danno

Postby forest design » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 am

Got Audio-Technica ATH-E40s for Chrimbo and real impressed so far. The soundstage is much better than the triple-driver 1MOREs and they get so much louder
forest design

Postby Big Oil » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Big Oil wrote:My Pistons finally shit the bed after almost two years. Since the new Xiaomi line is like double what I paid for the Pistons I decided to go further down the Chinese 'hifi' in-ear rabbit hole and got these:

Hopefully they don't suck!

Update: these are killer for 25 bucks.
Big Oil

Postby largecrow » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm

What are they called/where'd you nab em?
largecrow

Postby Big Oil » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 pm

VJJB N1s, which I got from aliexpress here.
Big Oil

Postby uax » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Jefferson Zeppelin wrote:so with all these phones removing headphone jacks... is there a reasonable bluetooth choice?

Nope.
uax

Postby forest design » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Really enjoying these audio-technica E40s. I think I’m done with the >$30 startup headphones/buds that pop up and are hyped every year. Been pretty unimpressed so many times.
forest design

Postby vacuum cleaner beating » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:22 pm

anyone fuck with aiaiai? i just got a pair of the tma-2's with the bluetooth headband. pretty pricey, but i really like the minimal look and the fact that you can upgrade parts.
https://aiaiai.dk/configurator
"It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."
vacuum cleaner beating

Postby prexy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm

love my tma-2s
“Good seltzer should hurt,” reads the back of Brooklyn Seltzer Boys’ t-shirts
prexy

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Big Oil wrote:VJJB N1s, which I got from aliexpress here.

thanks, I'll give these a shot when my Piston's cable (which I'm still very happy with) inevitably craps out

what does the mic button do? the only thing I dislike about my Pistons is that the mic works but the buttons are only semi functional for apple phones
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby brittle » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Big Oil wrote:
Big Oil wrote:My Pistons finally shit the bed after almost two years. Since the new Xiaomi line is like double what I paid for the Pistons I decided to go further down the Chinese 'hifi' in-ear rabbit hole and got these:

I found these on Amazon but they had a surprisingly low rating (mainly people complaining about durability and comfort) so I went to the top rated similar product and it was p much the exact same thing and only $20.

ActionPie VJJB-V1S High Resolution Heavy Bass In-ear Headphones

Fwiw, I vowed to never spend more than 15 bucks on headphones again, since they never last more than a year or two, but the 11.99 Panasonic buds I got from the"cheap headphones"thread we're just so bad.

I'll let you know...
Last edited by brittle on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brittle

Postby Big Oil » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Grey Poupon wrote:
Big Oil wrote:VJJB N1s, which I got from aliexpress here.

thanks, I'll give these a shot when my Piston's cable (which I'm still very happy with) inevitably craps out

what does the mic button do? the only thing I dislike about my Pistons is that the mic works but the buttons are only semi functional for apple phones

Not sure, I use a cable without mic buttons for that very reason.
Big Oil

Postby dvr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 pm

brittle wrote:
Big Oil wrote:

I found these on Amazon but they had a surprisingly low rating (mainly people complaining about durability and comfort) so I went to the top rated similar product and it was p much the exact same thing and only $20.

Fwiw, I vowed to never spend more than 15 bucks on headphones again, since they never last more than a year or two, but the 11.99 Panasonic buds I got from the"cheap headphones"thread we're just so bad.

I'll let you know...

Please let us know when you find a good headphone in that $12-15 sweet spot
dvr

Postby Big Oil » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:35 am

fwiw my gf also got the VJJB K4s for $16 and really likes them.

They're lighter/less bulky than the N1s so probably an improvement on the comfort front.
Big Oil

Postby saranclaps » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Are any of these sub-50 headphone things with the detachable cable things like mindblowingly good balanced headphones?
saranclaps

Postby dvr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:29 pm

I'm extremely happy with these $5.39 shipped: https://www.focalprice.com/EP268X/Kanen ... hones.html
dvr

Postby bobble » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:44 am

i've been using and losing nicehck bros, i think they sound great and fit in my ear better than any other ever for me, which is a nice thing to find out!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074NZD59V/re ... UTF8&psc=1
bobble

Postby danno » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:32 pm

danno wrote:i've been buying a pair of porta pros every time i break them, so every 6-9 months for many many years, and i feel just about ready to change, especially as i can't find them as cheap as i used to and i sorta feel like they don't sound as good as they once did
what's a good alternative, something that's rather cheap (although i could spend more for something that would last me longer, but not more than 100-150 bucks), fits in a jacket pocket, comfortable even for many hours (i have some akg k81dj that i can't wear for more than like half an hour), that i can listen to on the train without excessive leakage?
i feel like that doesn't really exists and i'm gonna buy my 150th pair of porta pros

so in the end i got sennheiser hd 2.30s, they sounded good enough in the store but listening to them more closely at home i find them kind of tinny and like them a lot less than the porta pros even though they cost more than twice as much :( they do sound more "detailed" than the porta pros but a lot colder and less fun. the bass mostly i find really weak. the few reviews i read seemed to say they were very bassy headphones, are my ears broken?
danno

Postby danno » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:42 pm

i guess i'll just EQ these fuckers :barney:
danno

Postby yungboi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 pm

just wanna say that i bought these triple driver ones and they sound great, and thanks for posting this link. it was like hearing each song for the first time again.
yungboi

Postby brittle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:17 pm

brittle wrote:

These things are giant and heavy; but they're up there with top 5 best sounding headphones i've ever owned. definitely no contest for the best $20-40 set.

also they come with foam ear inserts that make you forget about the bulk and it also makes them great for running (the rubber-membrane style inserts can cause a thump every time your foot falls, which is super annoying).
Last edited by brittle on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brittle

Postby joe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 pm

yungboi wrote:

just wanna say that i bought these triple driver ones and they sound great, and thanks for posting this link. it was like hearing each song for the first time again.

oh yeah, these continue to be perfect for any in-ear needs for me. i don't trust myself with iem's more expensive than this due to my tendency to break shit and throw things in my pocket or go hiking/biking and accidentally rip them apart. my first pair has had no issues in 9 months, just ordered a backup just in case
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

Postby joe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 pm

i kind of want some bone conduction ones for biking/cyborg futurism but they are too expensive/imperfect it seems at the moment.
dễ dàng wrote:CHẾT TIỆT
joe

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All