headphones thread mk xx

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby southpaw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Wanted to replace my sennheiser 202s and put them on my xmas list

Of course they're not made anymore and I ended up with philips shp9500. Christ they suck shit. Probably have a place but they're way quiet and are open so suck for the rain/public use

I've read a bunch of this thread but is there now a replacement for the 202 in the sound real good/dirt cheap/not easily smashed category?
southpaw

Postby joe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 pm

want to get my gf some over ear bluetooth headphones for her birthday. no one in this thread ever seems to want to commit to one. here are what i'm considering:

Any thoughts on Sennheiser Momentum/HD1 ($400) or PXC 550 ($300) ??

It'd be nice to stay under $200 honestly, but I haven't gotten her great gifts recently and I'd like something that is exceptional
joe

Postby Clive » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 am

joe wrote:want to get my gf some over ear bluetooth headphones for her birthday. no one in this thread ever seems to want to commit to one. here are what i'm considering:

It'd be nice to stay under $200 honestly, but I haven't gotten her great gifts recently and I'd like something that is exceptional

Had my eye on both of these lately also. (HD1s are down to $345 rt now on Amazon). My problem is cans give me localized hat-head, so I’ll only be wearing them around home. Need a pair of IEMs for being out and about.

Anyway, this might be useful: https://www.reddit.com/r/sennheiser/com ... s_pxc_550/
Clive

Postby joe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:21 pm

decided to get her the pxc 550, hopefully they turn out okay!
joe

Postby nonchalant » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:24 pm

joe wrote:want to get my gf some over ear bluetooth headphones for her birthday. no one in this thread ever seems to want to commit to one. here are what i'm considering:

I just got the Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones with bluetooth/NFC pairing and I am in love with them. Everything about them is wonderful...sound quality, build quality, noise cancellation, wireless pairing, battery life, etc. I love them so much that they pretty much are around my neck 24/7 except when I sleep.
ImageImageImage
nonchalant

Postby dvr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm

nonchalant wrote:

I just got the Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones with bluetooth/NFC pairing and I am in love with them. Everything about them is wonderful...sound quality, build quality, noise cancellation, wireless pairing, battery life, etc. I love them so much that they pretty much are around my neck 24/7 except when I sleep.

I got some Sennheiser Momentum 2.0's for $250 down from $350. Highly recommend them. Previously had Sennheiser HD 555s and 580s.
dvr

Previous

Return to Free-For-All