Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby tawny frogmouth » Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Bartatua wrote:it would rip to see magneto just pop the iron man suit into little bits and tony is like shit damn it

but in act 3 he comes back as ceramic man
tawny frogmouth

Postby neuartillery » Mon May 14, 2018 3:35 pm

I watched IM2 recently and Elon Musk is in it, so Grimes is practically in the MCU.

Mickey Rourke sleepwalks through most of it and the final showdown is a wet fart. The rest was marginally better than I remembered.
neuartillery

Postby Bartatua » Mon May 14, 2018 3:43 pm

tawny frogmouth wrote:
Bartatua wrote:it would rip to see magneto just pop the iron man suit into little bits and tony is like shit damn it

but in act 3 he comes back as ceramic man

he actually does something like this in the comics (before magneto ever gets a chance to do anything cool) and it was such bullshit
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby neuartillery » Mon May 14, 2018 3:53 pm

The problem with Lee Pace as Ronan is that at no point does it seem like he’s a bigger threat that Thanos, in part because both Gamora and Drax are fixated on Thanos.
neuartillery

Postby emotional fascism » Mon May 14, 2018 3:56 pm

neuartillery wrote:I watched IM2 recently and Elon Musk is in it, so Grimes is practically in the MCU.

Mickey Rourke sleepwalks through most of it and the final showdown is a wet fart. The rest was marginally better than I remembered.

Yeah, you can see clearly that he got the high profile IM2 role strictly on the kudos he received critically from The Wrestler, but he seemed not into it at all.
emotional fascism

Postby tawny frogmouth » Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 pm

chhhey, pal - i wunt moi bord
tawny frogmouth

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm

r m wrote:Pulling off the powers is the last thing they need to worry about. Reed is primarily a Super-Smart Absent-Minded Professor and All-Around Nice Dad; the stretching stuff is kind of an afterthought (and basically plays no part in any great FF story). Same goes for Sue, Johnny, and Ben.

The most important thing about FF is getting the individual and interpersonal characterizations right, and I think that's where Marvel simply has a better track record than Fox.

Between this and your idea for Oscorp I'm convinced you should be working closely with Marvel.
Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby kirito » Mon May 14, 2018 6:35 pm

i almost about forgot about this but shouts out to the guy behind me in my screening who when the captain marvel logo appeared yelled out "YEEEAAAHH NOVAAAA"
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby matt » Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 pm

I think Silver Surfer and Galactus are some of the coolest properties in general. they for sure have some of the coolest art from the 80s/90s

matt

Postby tgk » Mon May 14, 2018 8:23 pm

So is the timespan between the beginning of ragarok and the end of IW like 2-3 days?
tgk

Postby guidance » Mon May 14, 2018 10:41 pm

guidance

Postby kirito » Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 pm

tgk wrote:So is the timespan between the beginning of ragarok and the end of IW like 2-3 days?

the thanos ship is in the post credits so it's more like 20 minutes
kirito

Postby neuartillery » Mon May 14, 2018 11:09 pm

Beginning of Ragnorak
neuartillery

Postby FourLegsGood » Mon May 14, 2018 11:44 pm

bear wrote:thanos

the hand of fate

easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby Classic Water » Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 am

Around the third time Ruffalo was straining to Hulk out the wife leaned over and stage whispered (confident) “He can’t get a boner.”

Loved this goofy ass movie
Classic Water

Postby badhat » Tue May 15, 2018 12:23 am

that was one of the things i really liked at the beginning of IW was that like... bruce bifrosts out of the aasgard ship onto earth and has like 5 minutes to scare tony and strange about Thanos, and i think movie rules had me thinking they wouldnt believe him or they'd like use a few beats to investigate or prepare or argue about how to respond and like BAM he's there and its game on.
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 am

badhat wrote:that was one of the things i really liked at the beginning of IW was that like... bruce bifrosts out of the aasgard ship onto earth and has like 5 minutes to scare tony and strange about Thanos, and i think movie rules had me thinking they wouldnt believe him or they'd like use a few beats to investigate or prepare or argue about how to respond and like BAM he's there and its game on.

Yeah, when the ship showed up in NYC I was so happy. No need to go through all that tired shit when there is a threat literally hovering above your heads. I know it's been said a million times now but this movie really is the closest thing to seeing a comic book play out onscreen. I felt like I was 10 years old again.
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby john plainman » Tue May 15, 2018 12:36 am

guidance wrote:

this just gets better with each loop

i'd love to see this with the phantom menace. theres gotta be tons of green screen footage out there
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby kirito » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 am

100% agreed and the jump cut to peter on the bus was the cherry on top that put a huge grin on my face and made me realize "ok they know what they're doing". 30 seconds after he's shown for the first time he's in costume swinging towards the ship. perfection.
kirito

Postby ratbags » Tue May 15, 2018 12:41 am

the beverly hills cop music just makes that my fave tweet ever
session to session
ratbags

Postby tawny frogmouth » Tue May 15, 2018 9:36 am

kirito wrote:i almost about forgot about this but shouts out to the guy behind me in my screening who when the captain marvel logo appeared yelled out "YEEEAAAHH NOVAAAA"

when i saw iron man 2 waaaay back in 2010, when the thor stinger ended with a shot of mjolnir and a crack of thunder, a guy smugly announced to his girlfriend "captain america"
tawny frogmouth

Postby goofjan » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

ahahaha.

Tawny, wasn't there something else when someone we know went to see the first Avengers and he said that during the post credits scene when thanos was revealed, some guy in the theater said, "Galacticus!"
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue May 15, 2018 11:37 am

goofjan wrote:ahahaha.

Tawny, wasn't there something else when someone we know went to see the first Avengers and he said that during the post credits scene when thanos was revealed, some guy in the theater said, "Galacticus!"

ha ha hah aha
Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue May 15, 2018 11:39 am

after the post-credits scene ended for IW, my friend i was with immediately yelled out DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS and a few people on the other side of the theater yelled out CAPTAIN MARVEL and he went OKAY THANKS
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby mites » Tue May 15, 2018 11:39 am

hahaha ahahah hahaha hahahahahahahhahahaha
mites

Postby mites » Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 am

whuhewheahahahahaeheuhawiushahahaha
mites

Postby spix et chicho » Tue May 15, 2018 12:09 pm

was definitely kind of a bummer that the beginning of IW undercuts any sense of Ragnarok having a hopeful ending

"You are our new King.... long live the King. Asgard is wherever its people lay" *everyone dies*
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby neuartillery » Tue May 15, 2018 12:16 pm

There was a post-credit scene for TR where they run into Thanos’s ship, so I wasn’t too hopeful.
neuartillery

Postby hiddenicon » Tue May 15, 2018 12:25 pm

quick question... were half the asgardians who survived thano's pre-movie purge subject to the same determinative snap, cause that seems harsh. or xandar or zen-whoberi? or does the gauntlet just get his intent and adjust accordingly?

this may have been covered and if so, thank you for your patience and understanding.
hiddenicon

Postby Viz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:27 pm

hiddenicon wrote:quick question... were half the asgardians who survived thano's pre-movie purge subject to the same determinative snap, cause that seems harsh. or xandar or zen-whoberi? or does the gauntlet just get his intent and adjust accordingly?

this may have been covered and if so, thank you for your patience and understanding.

I would think it adjusts accordingly, Thanos isn't a monster (in his head).
Viz

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....