Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby davideotape » Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 am

Poptone wrote:nah Blade's a big screen guy, keep him up there

Am i the only one who remembers Blade: The Series?

davideotape

Postby Seamus » Sat May 19, 2018 5:36 pm

did you all see deadpool yet? i went back in the thread a bit but didn't see anything

i was pleasantly surprised, enjoyed it a lot. i thought the original deadpool was lower tier marvel but this one felt a lot more engaging and even... tugged on my heartstrings a bit in one scene? pretty happy with the new characters. and especially how they immediately killed off most of the x-force and black tom cassidy. after the ending and post-credits scene i'm really hoping to see juggernaut vs thanos in iw2.Toggle Spoiler obviously there were a lot of jokes that missed, probably too many double-entendres, meta-jokes and a couple of :? jokes but on the whole really good.

Peter and YukioToggle Spoiler ruled
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm

I saw Deadpool. It was... totally acceptably the thing that it is. It felt somehow less full charged than the original, in some respects but there were some fun bits. It's really hard to judge it against most things. It's like a very palatable comic book themed Family Guy, in a lot of ways but this movie felt like it was trying to have it's cake and eat it too a little more than I needed, with some emotional stuff that didn't quite hit for me.

The post credits stuff was kinda fun, certainly. I probably sound more down on this than I actually am, tbh.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby Seamus » Sat May 19, 2018 6:14 pm

i don't remember a great deal about the original tbh. i just have this sense that it was somewhat sparse compared to most mcu movies of the time. i think this about the first thor movie as well.

the scene that had some emotional impact on me was when dp thinks he has died and is reunited with his gf but then he learns that it's not his timeToggle Spoiler, but i'm kind of a sucker for stuff like that
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby buriedinspace » Sat May 19, 2018 6:20 pm

In thinking about it, part of the problem was that she was a really vibrant, nice part of the first movie and felt less token romantic lead to me than she easily could have and in this one she's sidelined and almost entirely presented as 'angelic ideal' rather than as a real characterToggle Spoiler

That said, I don't remember the first movie that well either but I remember seeing her for the first time in this one and saying 'oh, right their chemistry was actually really nice and so having that almost immediately taken away and her, essentially woman in refrigerator-ed, even though the post-credits undoes it, really didn't helpToggle Spoiler
buriedinspace

Postby avenue » Sat May 19, 2018 9:14 pm

i didn't really care for deadpool 2. I just sort of felt "what is going on here?"
avenue

Postby reversemigraine » Sat May 19, 2018 9:45 pm

Still haven't made it past the 15-minute mark of the first one.
reversemigraine

Postby Bartatua » Sat May 19, 2018 9:55 pm

i did not enjoy the first one

admittedly reynolds is like the perfect choice to play the character it's just that the character is an annoying little shit
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat May 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Deadpool humor has gotta be one of the lowest forms of comedy
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby FourLegsGood » Sat May 19, 2018 11:29 pm

Family Guy: The Superhero
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby FourLegsGood » Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm wondering what villain they'll move onto to top Thanos in the Avengers franchise (if they even try). Galactus? Doom?
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby buriedinspace » Sun May 20, 2018 3:07 pm

FourLegsGood wrote:I'm wondering what villain they'll move onto to top Thanos in the Avengers franchise (if they even try). Galactus? Doom?

Doom. Kang. The looming threat of Galactus feels like it could be in the background of a phase (maybe even just a series of post-credits?)

If they get the X-Men and move them over, the idea of the mutant issue being as key to the MCU as the Infinity Stones have been would be plausible (and certainly Magneto and a few other mutant heavy hitters could fill the void)

It's not my favorite development from the comics but Wanda is certainly an option too.
buriedinspace

Postby reversemigraine » Sun May 20, 2018 3:27 pm

I've been revisiting Avengers Forever and I would definitely go for a Kang / Immortus / Nathaniel Richards story.
reversemigraine

Postby creationist » Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 pm

I want a Council of Reeds but Rick & Morty has ripped that off so thoroughly people would accuse you of stealing it from them
creationist

Postby Merciel » Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

We finally saw Infinity War today.

It was pretty good! I think I was too impressed with the multiple feats of screenwriting required to pull that thing off to be super invested in the story, but god damn if that was not one of the most impressive feats of screenwriting I have ever beheld.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Merciel » Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 am

We also finally saw Spiderman: Homecoming last night, which was also really good but isn't top tier for me because I'm just not that invested in Spiderman as a character (although this is clearly the best iteration of movie Spiderman).

Vulture was a great villain although god damn Michael Keaton's had a ton of plastic surgery done, and that was pretty distracting. Although it was sufficiently in-character that it wasn't as distracting as it might have been, I guess.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby kirito » Mon May 21, 2018 1:40 am

man if spidey isn't at least a top 5 goat hero for you then idk
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon May 21, 2018 3:40 am

Surprised the reaction to this was so positive. Not surprised by the "anti-film" tweet because that word definitely popped into my head at several points. It gets by ultimately on the sheer volume of cool stuff and the audacity of the ending, and it's impressive that they were able to make it cohere as well as they did. But the fact that the beginning of the movie is not actually the beginning of the movie, and that the ending is not actually the ending, along with the insane pacing and the endless sensory bombardment, did basically leave me feeling like I had just watched a $400m experimental film. The parade of reintroduction shots in particular reminded me of "Too Many Cooks."
Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon May 21, 2018 3:41 am

Homecoming was fantastic though. Top-tier along with Ragnarok, Ant-Man, and the other funny ones.
Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby avenue » Mon May 21, 2018 5:32 am

r m wrote:I've been revisiting Avengers Forever and I would definitely go for a Kang / Immortus / Nathaniel Richards story.

once RDJ bounces do iron lad / kang / immortus
avenue

Postby No Good Advice » Mon May 21, 2018 6:11 am

Homecoming's teen drama is great, has one of the best settings in MCU. Could not care less about the villain after the initial introduction and the final fights with Spidey were exceptionally poor.

Enjoyed Infinity War a surprising amount - probably my favorite Avengers movie. I really don't like the first Avengers and don't remember any of Age of Ultron. Yeah Infinity War drops a lot of pretenses about storytelling and arcs but the encounters with Thanos actually manage to be fun, relatively unpredictable and with sparks of real character. Minus points for Avengers stupidity several times being the reason Thanos comes out on top.
No Good Advice

Postby reversemigraine » Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 am

reversemigraine

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am

That whole first act in deadpool 2 with the fridging was so on the nose that I was convinced they were making a big joke about the concept that they'd undercut at the climax but they never did. I don't know why I gave the writers of Deadpool that much credit in the first place.

The New Zealand pyro kid was kinda fun, at least.
WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby Merciel » Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 am

kirito wrote:man if spidey isn't at least a top 5 goat hero for you then idk

this is easily explained by at least 50% of my enjoyment of these movies being based on dude ogling

I can't ogle Spidey, that would just be creepy and wrong
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby tgk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:47 am

Prisoner thor getting his hair cut was a real blessing
tgk

Postby buriedinspace » Mon May 21, 2018 10:51 am

No Good Advice wrote:Homecoming's teen drama is great, has one of the best settings in MCU. Could not care less about the villain after the initial introduction and the final fights with Spidey were exceptionally poor.

Honestly found his intro fine but his prom night revelation to be the turning point of the entire film going from fun to very good.
buriedinspace

Postby kirito » Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 am

Merciel wrote:
kirito wrote:man if spidey isn't at least a top 5 goat hero for you then idk

this is easily explained by at least 50% of my enjoyment of these movies being based on dude ogling

I can't ogle Spidey, that would just be creepy and wrong

fair enough i grew up idolizing and relating to spidey so i unfairly assume everyone else does too
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
kirito

Postby domesticwhite » Mon May 21, 2018 11:12 am

jake gyllenhaal is mysterio
domesticwhite

Postby goofjan » Mon May 21, 2018 11:13 am

came in to post Gyllenhaal. is Mysterio confirmed or are we speculating? Also, Keaton is back???
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby domesticwhite » Mon May 21, 2018 11:20 am

THR confirmed Mysterio
domesticwhite

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....