Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby tgk » Tue May 22, 2018 3:06 pm

It's been rattling around in my head since I saw it but I just can't get over that they cast Carrie Coon in IW a movie which ends with nearly the exact same plot set up as the leftovers. It can't just be coincidence, and it makes me envision next years avengers will be all about the survivors continual internal struggles dealing with a post-snap life. Cap starts drinking heavily and kills dogs, stark has pepper shoot him in the chest while wearing a bulletproof vest, thor starts a new asgardian community in texas and thanos becomes jaded by his accomplishment and overcome with guilt for killing gamora which leads to a confrontation with nebula wherein he lets her defeat him and she briefly controls the gauntlet and restores everything (thus mirroring the comic).
tgk

Postby goofjan » Tue May 22, 2018 3:15 pm

^ would watch.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby reversemigraine » Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Kinda funny how Justin Theroux, Christopher Eccleston, and Liv Tyler are linked to the three worst movies in the MCU.
reversemigraine

Postby tgk » Tue May 22, 2018 3:41 pm

lol had no idea eccleston was in thor 2, apparently he wished he wasn't

Working on something like GI Joe was horrendous. I just wanted to cut my throat every day. And Thor? Just a gun in your mouth. Gone in 60 Seconds was a good experience. Nic Cage is a gentleman and fantastic actor. But GI Joe and Thor were …I really paid for being a whore those times.
tgk

Postby badhat » Tue May 22, 2018 3:58 pm

eccleston seems like an unbearable asshole.

i say this mostly as someone whos watched the way he talks about his Doctor Who experience.

and also as someone who thinks hes brilliant, esp in The Leftovers.
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby cooly » Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am

can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby tgk » Wed May 23, 2018 11:20 am

it would be fucking stupid to tease galactus "wow we just defeated this world destroying demi-god, uh oh! here comes ANOTHER world destroying demi-god!"
tgk

Postby neuartillery » Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 am

Comcast ruins EVERYTHING
neuartillery

Postby buriedinspace » Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 am

I'd seen other articles previously that said that Fox was likely uninterested in a Comcast offer, I think, even if it was for more?
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby goofjan » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

Fox should just license every character back to Marvel and be done with this. Except Deadpool. They can keep Deadpool, and he can quip about where all his friends went in Deadpool 3.
goofjan

Postby buriedinspace » Wed May 23, 2018 11:54 am

I guess there was a previous offer that Fox wasn't interested in because it felt like it raised anti-trust concerns and they're possibly less worried about it now? But partly this comes down to how the regulators view AT&T and Time Warner merging.
I try to avoid enjoyable romps whenever I can. -Armond White
*cough*https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-out-paying-it-gt-later*cough*
buriedinspace

Postby goofjan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:32 pm

I love this tiny goofy moment from Homecoming:

goofjan

Postby aububs » Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm

woah i had no idea that was carrie coon under there
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby goofjan » Thu May 24, 2018 9:23 am

there's a rumor online this morning that Donald Glover might be a villain in Black Panther 2.

unrelated.. I just had a lightbulb moment: if it weren't for the Twilight baggage, Robert Pattinson would make an amazing Michael Morbius. just sayin.
goofjan

Postby tawny frogmouth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 am

months later and it still gets me that black panther's moral victory at the end is to gentrify oakland
tawny frogmouth

Postby goofjan » Thu May 24, 2018 9:26 am

goofjan wrote:there's a rumor online this morning that Donald Glover might be a villain in Black Panther 2.

wait wtf nevermind. this makes no sense and has gotta be false.
goofjan

Postby Viz » Thu May 24, 2018 9:29 am

He's the uncle of Miles Morales in Homecoming, I think.
Viz

Postby tawny frogmouth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 am

alfre woodard has played two people in the MCU. if it was a matter of having someone like glover join BP2 i'm sure they'd just shrug off his appearance in homecoming.

that being said, if they're gonna make miles morales a thing in one of the sequels it might make sense to save glover for that. kevin feige's gonna have to bust out his 12th-dimensional chess set on this one, goofjan
tawny frogmouth

Postby neuartillery » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

I've had this horrible joke in my head since the last time I saw Black Panther and it's time to shit it out on the world.

The closing credits song for Black Panther revealed the villains for Black Panther 2...

All the Stars of Closer

Toggle Spoiler
neuartillery

Postby tawny frogmouth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am

get weird al on the line
tawny frogmouth

Postby neuartillery » Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 am

I have a lot of ideas for him, I hope his phone is charged.
neuartillery

Postby reversemigraine » Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 am

I'm ready to see more from that animated Miles Morales movie.
reversemigraine

Postby Drinky » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 am

It looks beautiful

But I do kinda wish it was just a Miles Morales movie and not a "Spider-Verse" thing.
Drinky

Postby tawny frogmouth » Thu May 24, 2018 9:58 am

what's an age range that makes sense for miles in the MCU? in the comics he's in high school while peter is an adult in his early 30s. he can't be just a baby in homecoming, but it's also weird if the protege is only like 2-3 years younger than his mentor, who is still kind of an idiot kid himself.
tawny frogmouth

Postby Poptone » Thu May 24, 2018 10:14 am

it doesn't make sense to have miles at all because parker/holland has only had one movie so far
Poptone
cat fan

Postby FourLegsGood » Sun May 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Saw this (again) last night at a dusk-to-dawn drive-in marathon along with Solo, Coco, and Black Panther. Girlfriend fell asleep through the first third and then asked me to catch her up and I was like "I don't think I can". She still enjoyed it. God, I love this movie.
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby Merciel » Mon May 28, 2018 3:17 am

We finally caught up with Doctor Strange (2016) and damn if that isn't a weird-ass movie.

The effects were cool and the Dormammu showdown was cool but everything else felt really, really half-baked to me. The transformation of Doctor Strange from egocentric asshole --> breaks all his fingers --> ??? --> altruistic hero willing to endure untold eternities of Groundhog Day deaths to save the rest of the world happens... because... why? There's no actual reason for him to change, he's never really humbled or given any reason to care more about people-as-people (vs. people-as-opportunities to be awesome) across the length of the film. (He does suck at magic for a while, but that's evidently because he refuses to concede rationality, and once he does, he's immediately the best and most awesome prodigy rockstar again, with ego fully intact.)

The whole movie is like that. Maybe at some point there were more dots to connect in the character development arcs, but if so they appear to have gotten cut so we could watch more CGI building kaleidoscopes, which incidentally look really cool but also strike me as a massively inefficient way of accomplishing the goal of just killing a guy.

It's definitely a bottom tier Marvel movie for me, which sucks because the concept and effects had so much potential.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby badhat » Mon May 28, 2018 4:05 am

strange is definitely the nadir of rote, obligatory origin stories.

like embarrassingly so.

and he has zero personality.

its rough
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Mon May 28, 2018 5:01 am

also it has benedict cumberbatch in it who is one of the most annoying people ever to have lived
Gnome Sane
Prof. Horatio Hufnagel

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....