We'll kick your ass in

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Tue May 23, 2017 9:53 pm

I would love for that material to be leaked but it will never happen
realhighwaypatrol

Postby doublethink0 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:34 am

thanks MODP
doublethink0

Postby transitive » Wed May 24, 2017 11:38 am

realhighwaypatrol wrote:so i guess the new version of "shadow" has coconut shells/horse hooves overdubbed on top (@ 1:12) ?

everything else is the same. what a terrible afterthought. dear tommy is going to be shit.

Did they replace Ruth Radelet? The singer does not sound like Ruth Radelet.

Or is she just singing in a higher register?
transitive

Postby mellowgold » Wed May 31, 2017 1:30 pm

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:17 pm

I don't believe the album has been re-recorded, only remixed for the umpteenth time. I'm sure something got lost in translation during the news drama. Probably just a new master was recorded, not the whole band being dragged into the studio to re-work the album in any way.

I did an A/B comparison of the old version of Shadow (using the Adult Swim download, the 12" Radio version, and the new version).

The A.S. version is the same as the 12" single (radio) version, and the only difference between that and the new Twin Peaks version is the new 2017 Twin Peaks version has a longer outro fade and the 2nd verse aux drums are of a different tone. Everything else is exactly the same.

Been going through the discography and A/B'ing versions of tracks and it's kind of fun. Realized there are at least 4 different versions of my favorite song "the river" for example.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:24 pm

its weird to see Jewel continue his process like he did in the CDR days but now he's pressing vinyl. That's an expensive way for an artist to chart his process. "Lady" first appeared in 2010 with Adam on vox, was included in 2012's Kill for Love with Ruth singing, and is just now being released as a single with a different version featuring extra verses. 3 different versions spanning 7 years.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby brentwurst » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:35 pm

yeah it doesn't bother me but the timing of JJs claim doesn't make sense when you factor the title track and newer, shorter version of "i can never be myself when you're around" dropping last year.
brentwurst

Postby building jumper » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Anyone have this yet and can up it 8-) ?
building jumper

Postby mellowgold » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:52 pm

um im living for realhighwaypatrol nacny drewing ITDIB tbh! get it girl
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby uax » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Holy shit what a dumb and annoying band.
uax

Postby Poptone » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:51 pm

i wore a chromatics shirt on friday night because they are a fun and cool band that i enjoy listening to
Poptone
cat fan

Postby sky cracks open » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:17 pm

I wear Chromatics shirts a lot.

Kind of shitty that there's so much pressure for the new album, like people feel like they're entitled to it or something.

Just let them do shit at their own pace.
sky cracks open

Postby Poptone » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:24 pm

yeah it's real goddamn easy to ignore all the ancillary crap. i don't give two shits about Drumless but if jj wants to poop out that stuff, okay. the LPs/EPs/comps that aren't dumb cash grabs still exist.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby mellowgold » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:32 pm

i wore my shit to work last week : )
mellowgold

Postby ripersnifle » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:15 pm

mellowgold wrote:um im living for realhighwaypatrol nacny drewing ITDIB tbh! get it girl
lol
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
ripersnifle

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 pm

brentmoney wrote:yeah it doesn't bother me but the timing of JJs claim doesn't make sense when you factor the title track and newer, shorter version of "i can never be myself when you're around" dropping last year.

I missed this shorter version. Where/When was it uploaded?

building jumper wrote:Image

Anyone have this yet and can up it 8-) ?

Give me a few minutes and check the request thread in the members forum. They threw it in for free for ordering the Lady 12". Exclusive Farah track and a different mix of that Chromatics song from the Home OST.

mellowgold wrote:um im living for realhighwaypatrol nacny drewing ITDIB tbh! get it girl

:lol: the 2007 CD pressing of "After Dark" lists where the songs came from and a lot of the releases never came to be.

sky cracks open wrote:
Just let them do shit at their own pace.

I tend to agree. Johnny anticipated this problem years and years ago, saying this is why he never wanted to get involved with major projects and major producers, saying he didn't want to follow anyone's release schedule but his own.
Last edited by realhighwaypatrol on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Poptone wrote:i don't give two shits about Drumless but if jj wants to poop out that stuff, okay. the LPs/EPs/comps that aren't dumb cash grabs still exist.

The Drumless version of "Into the Black" was worth $10 imho. It's just piano and vox with some ambient synth pads. No drums, no guitars, no hard synths. I think it's the superior version of the song.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby Kenny » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Been listening to these guys since Twin Peaks and I'm enjoying it, but I hate knowing that the bases has those dots on his fucking face
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby doublethink0 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:52 am

I actually got in on one of their quick email your address for a random record things, it arrived without any indication. Got girls and in the city and a dear tommy poster.

I think they doing a few of these at a certain time weekly if anyone follows their FB
doublethink0

Postby gandhi » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:54 am

Feels like two summers ago when people are talking about wet hot American summer and a potential new chromatics album
gandhi

Postby uax » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I would pay $20 to have this thread removed from egosearch.
uax

Postby odilon redon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 am

E|---------------------|
B|---------------------|
G|-2-2-2-0^(0)-2^3^2-0
D|---------------------|
A|---------------------|
E|---------------------|
odilon redon

Postby mellowgold » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 am

i love how the new season of twin peaks came and went and still no dear tommy lmao
mellowgold

Postby emotional fascism » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 am

I'd be happy with a vinyl release of Windswept at this point and it sounds like it's coming soon.
emotional fascism

Postby Eugenics » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am

emotional fascism wrote:I'd be happy with a vinyl release of Windswept at this point and it sounds like it's coming soon.

definitely need this
Eugenics

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:28 pm

09-22 looks like the release date for Windswept.

Still plodding away and annotating the different mixes and released versions of songs. Was almost finished but the Deluxe Cherry EP threw a huge wrench in the works. Different mix of Ceremony thats 90 seconds shorter, At Your Door Demo that's a minute longer, Shadow (Take Me Down) is an edited version of the Shadow Demo that originally appeared on the Soundcloud page with Adam on vocals, and stuff like that made more work. Also so far I've noticed that Lady (On Film) is an edited version (shorter in and out) with a different outro than the 12" version.

This might be the nerdiest thing I've ever attempted. Makes me grateful for fan-wikis that already have all this stuff mapped out.

It's worth the $1 download even if you think you have all of the material on it, because you don't.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby mellowgold » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 pm

sus that echoparkrecords hasnt tweeted since the end of June tho
mellowgold

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 pm

I noticed the "where is dear tommy" twitter page got deleted/taken down too.

Also to clarify my above post, I still don't think Dear Tommy was completely re-recorded. From the track annotations I've been making, JJ mostly seems concerned with intros and outros, mixing his own bass vs treble keyboards, or in some rare cases taking away or adding an additional 8 bars of instruments somewhere in the middle of a song. The mastering is often completely different but you can tell it's the same recordings, at least with the different versions of already released songs out there. I could be 100% wrong but I'm not expecting wildly different versions of the 7 songs from the album already available.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby realhighwaypatrol » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 pm

At least he clarified DT is definitely coming out and that it's top priority. If it still needs to be finished and pressed who knows how long it will be until a release date. I'm not up-to-date on current pressing plant turnaround times but I'm sure it's not quick. If we see it before the end of the year I will be amazed.
realhighwaypatrol

Postby office plant » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 pm

i have (re)decided that JJ actually owns
office plant

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....