the scrumptious life

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby bruceagain » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am

Swelling Itching Brain wrote:I wonder if the next generation will react with a greater emphasis on privacy
Or will the technology by then mean a vine style feed but continual and of every moment with meta tags attached to each daily event

Sorry to ramble

well i guess this got resolved
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby Howl's moving gugger » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 am

hbb wrote:Also all the pieces are the same color and some are defying the law of gravity?

Clearly someone doesn't know the rules of connect four

Howl's moving gugger
Site Admin

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:45 am

well you got a better way of pouring acrylic
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby garbiel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:52 am

i still dont understand what scrump is
Low Tier God wrote:it's impossible to be a leftist as an american. maoist third worldism is the only way.

garbiel

Postby swamp angel » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:19 pm

everything is scrump now. scrump won.

swamp angel

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:25 pm

bruceagain wrote:
dmitry wrote:so ive been talking to this kinda scrump girl for a while and i thought it wouldnt be a problem except she got me a vintage bow tie for an early xmas present and ive been wearing it every day beecause i dont want to upset her. what do i do?

god i love this post

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby gauchebag » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:26 pm

garbiel wrote:i still dont understand what scrump is

i know scrump when i see it but i'd be hard pressed to define it

gauchebag

Postby joe » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 pm

swamp angel wrote:everything is scrump now. scrump won.

yeah scrump is mainstream. it's part of the template they apply to cookie cutter 'downtown revitalization' development. in some cities and neighborhoods it is at war with simpl life minimalism in others it competes with the neon plant dad aesthetic. but all of these things end up serving neoliberal gentrification and commodification culture no matter how they are packaged

joe

Postby sordid affair » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:39 pm

shiplap wood, edison bulbs, black chalkboards

I do think that things have moved a little more towards sparse, white, almost clinical--but this stuff is still everywhere
andrei wrote: i heard james joyce is tough, this is probably like the james joyce of rap, ostensibly, if you wanna think of it in those terms. haha, and it bumps, too!

Alaskasoft Corporation wrote:Alaskasoft Corporation and Sordid Affair...two classic great men

sordid affair
chair in applied liberty

Location: the other side of mt. heart attack (in tiny pants, baking)

Postby sordid affair » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:49 pm

joe wrote:

it's part of the template they apply to cookie cutter 'downtown revitalization' development.

yeah

every food hall is a scrump food court
andrei wrote: i heard james joyce is tough, this is probably like the james joyce of rap, ostensibly, if you wanna think of it in those terms. haha, and it bumps, too!

Alaskasoft Corporation wrote:Alaskasoft Corporation and Sordid Affair...two classic great men

sordid affair
chair in applied liberty

Location: the other side of mt. heart attack (in tiny pants, baking)

Postby bruceagain » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:54 pm

sordid affair wrote:
joe wrote:

it's part of the template they apply to cookie cutter 'downtown revitalization' development.

yeah

of course, scrump got folded in a long time ago
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby hipinion is a pro selfharm board » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:07 pm

can someone find the scrump goth cosplayer from early on in this thread. she looks like Grimes and it was credited to a "Claire (2004)"

hipinion is a pro selfharm board

Postby jewels » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:12 pm

You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to scrump in this country, handmade shit. Now we just cookie cutter on the 'downtown revitalization' development.
gold and glass wrote:When you get to heaven, do you get to see a list of which gimmicks belonged to who?

jewels

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:03 pm

sordid affair wrote:
joe wrote:

yeah

This point was really driven home when, the one time I visited Lynhall, I saw they were going to have Dave Durenberger, a former Republican Senator, speak as a part of "The Wisdom Series," presumably because he was a Never Trumper. Dave was censured from the Senate and had his law license suspended for misuse of public funds.

Love the intersectionality of scrump and neoliberal brain mush

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby something sensible if » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Avalanche Lily wrote:I think some scrump, especially that which recreates or is inspired by the grooming, food, handicrafts, and fashion of goldrush times/pre 50s, is a conscious or subconscious attempt by mostly White gen X/millennials to connect with aspects of their heritage that aren't morally questionable/reprehensible.

Many cultural practices and beliefs of those eras are quite bigoted but there's nothing wrong with putting your preserves in ball jars, styling your mustache like Teddy Roosevelt, knitting, wearing a curly bob and bright lipstick, etc.

i think this is right on

something sensible if

Postby something sensible if » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:43 pm

have we already talked about cottagecore. seems similar

something sensible if

Postby bluelips » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:
sordid affair wrote:
joe wrote:

yeah

This point was really driven home when, the one time I visited Lynhall, I saw they were going to have Dave Durenberger, a former Republican Senator, speak as a part of "The Wisdom Series," presumably because he was a Never Trumper. Dave was censured from the Senate and had his law license suspended for misuse of public funds.

Love the intersectionality of scrump and neoliberal brain mush

i roll my eyes whenever i pass this place. there’s also a restaurant on 40th & lyndale i think it’s called harriets that offers “libations” and “sustenance”. i want to burn it down

bluelips

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sun May 02, 2021 12:08 pm

Yeah, thesaurus restaurants and (Noun) +/&/and (Noun) restaurants are peak scrump

Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby John Dark » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:28 pm

shanked by the Devil

John Dark

Postby Jefferson Zeppelin » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:49 am

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:
bruceagain wrote:
dmitry wrote:so ive been talking to this kinda scrump girl for a while and i thought it wouldnt be a problem except she got me a vintage bow tie for an early xmas present and ive been wearing it every day beecause i dont want to upset her. what do i do?

god i love this post

wait is this what I think it is

Jefferson Zeppelin

Postby joe » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:56 am

I thought they ran out of obnoxious scrump names, but i went to a liquor store the other day called "flask and field"

joe

Previous

Return to Aguachile Alley