Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Damien Amadeus MetalWind » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Erik Bonin' wrote:Am I alone in primarily drinking so I don't have to hear myself think? Cause without alcohol I'm all antsy about shit I should be doing with my life. Like I get depressed that I'm not building furniture or mastering electronics or programming with a cup of coffee until 3 a.m. making something great or recording music I need to finish or like a million other things.

Nope. I gotta shut up the voices in my head. Wish I knew another way to do it.
kid8 wrote:women should know when to go fucking home. or at least call it a night. the theatrics aren't helping niña.
Damien Amadeus MetalWind
ok

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Suspension Bridge wrote:
Erik Bonin' wrote:they say that drinking alone is a sign of alcoholism

that doesn't make any sense to me

which probably also validates that I'm an alcoholic

I really disagree with this belief

I am definitely not an alcoholic and I drink alone sometimes up to three times a week

If I want a beer I drink a beer whether or not somebody's with me

Well I disagree with it also.

But I wonder if there's a reason we disagree with it.

It seems weird that it's only "ok" to drink when with other people. It's a poison what difference does it make if there's company around while you're poisoning yourself?
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Damien Amadeus MetalWind wrote:
Erik Bonin' wrote:Am I alone in primarily drinking so I don't have to hear myself think? Cause without alcohol I'm all antsy about shit I should be doing with my life. Like I get depressed that I'm not building furniture or mastering electronics or programming with a cup of coffee until 3 a.m. making something great or recording music I need to finish or like a million other things.

Well it's just one voice ... my subconscious wants me to be much more ambitious, wealthy, fit and successful than I am.
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

i think we shall find that many a participant on this internet messageboard enjoys a regular respite from the never ending anxiety of having a brain
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

alcohol has ruined many a polymath
dog diarrhea in my beard
Frank

Postby Merciel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Even if you are doing those things you still stay antsy about not doing more.

At least I do.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Cracked a Yuengling tall boy, doing some light work, reading this thread. With you guys. I'm not alone.

Hmm, sorry, this is not the Thursday night drinking thread. Don't worry though, this is not at all a delicious beverage.
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby Legion » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah I handle this now by putting myself to sleep with two benadryl every night. Let's hear it for a life without drugs!
Stuntman: Hipinion for me is like a choose-your-own adventure where every topic is a direct path to the depressed thread.
Legion

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Jugdish wrote:

i think we shall find that many a participant on this internet messageboard enjoys a regular respite from the never ending anxiety of having a brain

aha
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby iambic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm

the only thing better than drinking alone is drinking with one or two others
iambic

Postby Poptone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm

iambic wrote:the only thing better than drinking alone is drinking with one or two others

This is why it's so bad for my brother and I to hang out, as much as I love doing so. We don't have an ounce of willpower between us.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby seriesfinale » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm surprised exercise doesn't help Nathan and Totally with their anxieties more, at least the getting to sleep at night part
seriesfinale

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 pm

lets
hear it
for the boy
lets
give the boy
a
hand
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby Classic Dog Avatar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:14 pm

seriesfinale wrote:I'm surprised exercise doesn't help Nathan and Totally with their anxieties more, at least the getting to sleep at night part

My anxieties don't manifest in any way. Like I don't have panic attacks or anything. I'll just get bummed about not doing more.

And I exercise constantly. Which makes me feel great while exercising and for like an hour after, but then it's back to the coal mine.
Classic Dog Avatar
ride.

Postby seriesfinale » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Hmm, I just like getting drunk.
seriesfinale

Postby Dear You » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:24 pm

Reading this is making me try to imagine my daily routine without alcohol.

I can't handle this.
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby MikeS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:29 pm

this thread makes me not want to drink tonight. More like totally not. :(
MikeS

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Not at all.

The amount of consumption for me is nowhere near alchi status, but I do find myself trying to get three or four drinks in me before I have to go to a party or something, especially if it's for a friend of my wife's where i'm likely to know very few people. I just don't have the socializing with strangers gene at all unless i'm a tiny bit buzzed. Drinking to face the world seems unhealthy, but oh well.
delonte west wrote:Eating chicken and riddin motorcycles
pellegrino viking essays

Postby Dear You » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Maybe not "hearing myself think", but drinking calms me down like nothing else does. While it's probably a bad sign, I seem to get more work done at times if I have a beer or two. Hell, I have a paper due Monday, and I did half of it mostly in one sitting after having 2 or 3 Hopslams.

I probably rely on beer/alcohol too much at times to calm myself down and shit, but my consumption hasn't even come close to messing with me being a normal human being on a day to day basis.
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:00 pm

its
you its
you its
all for you every
thing
i do for you
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:00 pm

bah
wit
da bah
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby king ding-a-ling » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:11 pm

good thread, i'll have 5 months sober on 3/12. its been fucking hard but deep down I know that I need to do this, last year was pretty painful
larry the cable guy tooth fairy 2 wrote:wow very cool i can get 16 pieces of chicken with 3 large sides and 8 biscuits for just $43.18
king ding-a-ling

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

congrats aloeishuss ur my #seapunk bro
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby Frank » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

back to the kilfile for ol' jugdish
dog diarrhea in my beard
Frank

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 pm

i actually feel pretty good about my contributions to this thread
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby Fletch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:34 pm

rules:
drink no more than three nights a week
if you puke, it's too much
if it messes with your career and/or relationships, it's too much

if you cross these thresholds then you need to pull back

if you really have trouble sleeping, take a melotonin
Riverchrist wrote:I said pretend you've got no money
and she just laughed and said let's raise organic bunnies
Fletch

Postby chairkicker » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:35 pm

The Emperor's Son wrote:yeah emotional/life maintenance is surprisingly not a solid reason to stop drinking.

you still have to live the life that got you there, now without the solution.

The Emperor's Son wrote:and the emotional clarity is definitely a negative (at least at first) as well

fester wrote:The same rules don't apply to everyone. The general one for a true alcoholic is just don't start, you lose if you do. I can be around people drinking no problem. It's just if I get a taste I want to keep drinking until I can't stand it. I don't get cravings or temptations. Sometimes I just make a conscious decision to do it, usually as a stress coping thing. I know some people who have what I would consider less severe alcoholism than me who can't handle even seeing the stuff. The result for them caving in is one crazy night, where for me it's a full week of life destroying behavior. I'd kind of prefer it the way I have it, because it's not a daily struggle at all. I just have to be self aware enough to know when things are building toward a breaking point and either seek help or divert course. Controlling yourself is really easy until it's hard.

this is me. coping gets easier the further away you get, but the debris keeps piling up. i'm slowing coming around and feel ten times better physically, but now i feel that much less a part of the world around me. it's a grueling process digging yourself out from the isolation and the soul-devouring loneliness that comes with it. and i've been alone so long that now that i'm jobless with no immediate future, i don't know what to do. i got through thanksgiving and christmas/new year's alone with no relapse, but only just barely. i don't think i'll be caving again, but then why live this life with so little to look forward to?
chairkicker

Postby Jeremy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm

Merciel wrote:
sordid affair wrote:i definitely like both the taste and a buzz, but too much has always just quickly made me feel like i've given myself a stomach flu

Yeah. And then I always feel slightly poisoned the next day.

Also goddamnit Jeremy.

I mostly just knock myself out with benadryl at nights lately but I went to a couple of parties on the weekend and man.
Jeremy

Postby chairkicker » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:36 pm

luckily i could never acclimate to the taste of alcohol. i've never found a drink i liked that wasn't watered down to the point of uselessness. i'd just shove em down to get wasted
chairkicker

Postby pablito » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Fletch wrote:rules:
drink no more than three nights a week
if you puke, it's too much
if it messes with your career and/or relationships, it's too much

if you cross these thresholds then you need to pull back

if you really have trouble sleeping, take a melotonin

this is it
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....