Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ahungbunny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:15 pm

I'm (generally) a better version of myself when drunk and I get smashed six nights a week but I completely understand that I can't sustain that for very long and I just hope that, when it becomes a real problem, I'm settled down enough to be happy without alcohol. As much as I think Totally's become The Curmudgeonly Avenger these days, I wish you the best in dealing with your new sobriety.
ahungbunny

Postby BlackSugar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm pretty happy with 1-2 cocktails, 1-2 beers, 1-2 bowls and 1-2 dips and when you have all that in the span of 2 hours you have a real nice rennaissance buzz
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby nakedlunch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I am going to drink the shit out of one beer tonight and probably watch some basketball and go to bed
nakedlunch

Postby Robo-Chachi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

What, no paint?
Robo-Chachi

Postby VHGisdead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

my god BlackSugar how do you maintain such restraint
Bought this at the mall I'm gonna wear this at the mall.
VHGisdead

Postby evan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

I have had probably 2-3 glasses of wine/champagne this year. I drink about one or two times a month, rarely enough to get really plowed.

I find that if I spend my non-sober time smoking hash, I am jolly, alert and self-medicating in all the right ways.
evan

Postby dragon jeans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

I mostly subscribe to the Nathan/Rentboy method of systematic binges and sober stints (nothing M-Th), except I struggle with other stuff in addition to alcohol. I never feel like I NEED any of the things I'm talking about, but if someone offers, it's super hard for me to say no. Luckily, being poor usually limits my overall intake on its own.

If I ever get rich, my body is fucked.

Last night I did just have one beer during the Bulls game. I didn't even really want another one. I was pretty proud of myself.
Last edited by dragon jeans on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragon jeans

Postby Merciel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

I am going to have two and possibly even THREE cocktails when we go out tonight to celebrate being done with this fucking nerdbook.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 pm

I know a dude who just got sober like a month ago and he hangs out with friends at bars still and just drinks a million diet cokes. I wonder how long that will be sustainable
delonte west wrote:Eating chicken and riddin motorcycles
pellegrino viking essays

Postby rtt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 pm

rtt

Postby . » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

I mean, I'm an adult, I don't want to get drunk, I want to get buzzed.

Unfortunately it takes me a minimum of 5 beers to get buzzed these days.
ride.

Postby wendy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Merciel wrote:I am going to have two and possibly even THREE cocktails when we go out tonight to celebrate being done with this fucking nerdbook.

wendy

Postby seriesfinale » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

I am a little surprised that Totally doesn't at least feel somewhat physically better (if I didn't misunderstand that part), at least during mornings (and occasionally afternoons).
seriesfinale

Postby pellegrino viking essays » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

dragon jeans wrote:I mostly subscribe to the Nathan/Rentboy method of systematic binges and sober stints (nothing M-Th), except I struggle with other stuff in addition to alcohol. I never feel like I NEED any of the things I'm talking about, but if someone offers, it's super hard for me to say no. Luckily, being poor usually limits my overall intake on its own.

Last night I did just have one beer during the Bulls game. I didn't even really want another one. I was pretty proud of myself.

at home or at the actual game? i've never had more than one beer at a sporting event because after i have the first sip of a 9 dollar coors light i convinced myself i needed I always want to jump
delonte west wrote:Eating chicken and riddin motorcycles
pellegrino viking essays

Postby port » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

i will probably have 4 or 5 beers with my coworkers tonight at bowling. more if there's a beer tower.

a couple night ago i drank a bottle of wine and two beers at home for no particular reason. i wish i could stop doing dumb shit like that.
port

Postby Totally » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 pm

I should explain this a little more.

I've been sober for long enough that alcohol is actually repellent; it looks like a bucket of slop and the people who drink it look like sort of Boschian lepers and smell so disgusting. I smell peoples' wine and scotch on their breath the next morning, it's vile. I'm more tempted by potato chips than alcohol right now. And have lost seven pounds in about four weeks since I stopped overeating to compensate. Two weird things happened that got me here.

1) I got very sick, and ended up on a sizzurp scrip. I stopped drinking completely during this period but was taking sizzurp for a little over a week. Right at the end of the scrip I was just savoring the taste of that more than alcohol, the slight burn of the solution going down my throat was so different and more harsh than hard alcohol, which I had already successfully forbidden myself from drinking (I have always been a volume/session drinker, versus a shortest-route pint-pounder).

2) After I got better, I started drinking again as usual, but found that I was having a hard time getting drunk. I quickly ticked up to a routine intake of one bottle of cabernet and between 2 and 6 beers a night. This was sort of fine and coasting along, I was going to the gym, I never missed work, I never felt really horrendously atrociously deathly bad though of course I had lots of typical regret about calories and whether it could be good for me, so I never really ate breakfast, I'd have a huge coffee when I got to work and then go to the gym and burn it off. But one night after a bottle and about five Stella Artois', I woke up feeling really, really fucking wrong. Like, my body wasn't really aligned right. I was very very off, sideways. And I felt weird and dislocated all morning and just thought you know I'll get to the gym and power it out. But within a quarter-mile of stepping on the treadmill, I lost my hearing and thought I was going to go down. And I stopped and walked around and knew it was similar to panic attacks I'd had like ten years ago in my mid twenties when I smoked and drank a lot of shitty light beer (which was much less than I'd been drinking recently). And so I forced myself to get through this and get through that day and then I wouldn't drink the rest of the week. This was a Monday I think or Tuesday. I didn't drink until that weekend, I had 7 beers that Friday, then 9 Saturday, and 11 Sunday, and that Monday, without the gym involved, had this feeling again. Bad. And I had to down a couple of leftover lorazepam that were in the house. So then I was like "Can't drink again ever" and quit. But after two weeks, I was still having problems. My arms and legs didn't feel right, they felt out of synch with my body. I felt like what was going on in my brain was four or five seconds ahead of the world I was watching, interpreting, and I looked into this and it read like "derealization," which alcoholics often complain of. And so I thought "You know physiologically, this can't be right. I was definitely abusing alcohol but this is mental, this is like shit winos go through." So I got myself anxiety-medicated and that has stabilized the full-on panic attacks, but I still feel a definite fog to things, and a frequent and different sense of existential dissociation than I've ever felt before. And these lingering questions of whether alcohol was entirely to blame here, can I trust that and discount what I'm feeling, what I felt, as having been caused or exacerbated by that, or is something else going on; why has the echo of that initial sensation remained so strongly, when does the fog lift.
gold and glass wrote:cool, leave
Totally

Postby nakedlunch » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Erik Bonin' wrote:I mean, I'm an adult, I don't want to get drunk, I want to get buzzed.

Unfortunately it takes me a minimum of 5 beers to get buzzed these days.

I have the same tolerance but I still find beer delicious and simply the act of opening a beer, loosening the tie, and sitting on the couch relaxes me more than pouring a lemonade or some shit would.
nakedlunch

Postby dragon jeans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:24 pm

pellegrino viking essays wrote:
dragon jeans wrote:I mostly subscribe to the Nathan/Rentboy method of systematic binges and sober stints (nothing M-Th), except I struggle with other stuff in addition to alcohol. I never feel like I NEED any of the things I'm talking about, but if someone offers, it's super hard for me to say no. Luckily, being poor usually limits my overall intake on its own.

at home or at the actual game? i've never had more than one beer at a sporting event because after i have the first sip of a 9 dollar coors light i convinced myself i needed I always want to jump

Home. I generally make a 1-2 beer exception for KU gamedays and sometimes for Bulls games because it just feels so right to watch the game with a shitty beer in hand.
dragon jeans

Postby JUGLIFE » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm

totally is depressed - but its ok you fucking bitch
My name is Jugdish, and I am The President of Hipinion
JUGLIFE
ok

Postby sordid affair » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm

i definitely like both the taste and a buzz, but too much has always just quickly made me feel like i've given myself a stomach flu
andrei wrote: i heard james joyce is tough, this is probably like the james joyce of rap, ostensibly, if you wanna think of it in those terms. haha, and it bumps, too!
sordid affair
chair in applied liberty

Location: the other side of mt. heart attack (in tiny pants, baking)

Postby seriesfinale » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Totally wrote:this is like shit winos go through."

Well, yeah.

Good luck man.
seriesfinale

Postby Gehrig Industries » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Totally you're going to figure this out, ok.
You're a long way from home now
Gehrig Industries
Special Gehrig Rank

Postby mites » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Jeremy wrote:It was a lot easier to drink responsibly when I didn't realize that I'm an idiot that hates himself and everything, it's true.

let's be friends again
mites

Postby iambic » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Totally how long ago did you stop drinking
iambic

Postby Merciel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

sordid affair wrote:i definitely like both the taste and a buzz, but too much has always just quickly made me feel like i've given myself a stomach flu

Yeah. And then I always feel slightly poisoned the next day.

Also goddamnit Jeremy.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Dear You » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Erik Bonin' wrote:My impulse was one? I don't have one.

My life.

:cry:
milknight wrote:half of u still listen to animal collective and ur gonna shit on the band that did Numb
Dear You

Postby The Emperor's Son » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm

i could see totally relishing his authority/grooming newly minted alcoholics as an old AA crocodile
The Emperor's Son

Postby Robo-Chachi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

port wrote:
a couple night ago i drank a bottle of wine and two beers at home for no particular reason. i wish i could stop doing dumb shit like that.

Robo-Chachi

Postby loaf angel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

i don't understand 1 drink but i usually drink fairly heavy 3 nites a week and don't touch a drop the other 4.

basically as long as i keep myself from taking shots I'll be ok to remember the night the following day.

my problem is that i'm starting to fuzz out on what i remember after a few beers but add shots to the mix and chances are I'll do or say something ridiculous. most of it is just harmless idiocy but occasionally i get into legitimate trouble.
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby rtt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:35 pm

i have panic disorder and depression and after 4 years of drinking regularly with no problems besides some hangovers i started to get noticeably more anxious and depressed (different from hangovers) the day after drinking. badly if i had drank alot. and binging would fuck up my mood awhile after.
rtt

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.