Fiona Apple - "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of t

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Mine Is Clouds » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:49 pm

i mean they are all good especially when you consider she wrote some of the tidal songs as a damn child. but the correct answer is that each album has been better than the one before it, which is what every artist should strive for right. i remember her saying after idler wheel that she loved the album and couldn't have been happier with it which really increased my enjoyment of it.

smartphone wrote:that festival footage just inspired me to do a full recap of each. she's so wacky and perfect

saw her with sara & sean watkins with my family and my girlfriend a couple years back and walking out my dad was like 'man that was incredible, that fiona apple is like some kind of wild animal huh' (she'd been crawling around on the stage and dancing and laying down completely stretched out pounding her fist to the kick drum etc.) :D
Last edited by Mine Is Clouds on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mine Is Clouds

Postby defective » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 pm

love love love her. so psyched for a new album. idler wheel is my favorite of this decade.

glad to see she looks happy/healthy at ohana fest.
defective

Postby ripersnifle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:08 pm

v excited for a new record! best news!
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet
ripersnifle wrote:that aesthetic was tight
worrywort wrote:it's called the temple grandin
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 pm

scrambled wrote:new album confirmed??????????

so much going on here

1. what she makes the audience yell at her (would you dare????)

2. she's turning 40 :o

3. NEW ALBUM!

4. she seems so lovely and brilliant

5. NEW ALBUM!!!!
this video is beautiful
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet
ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 pm

ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:37 pm

psyched for potential studio versions of

ripersnifle

Postby shirts optional » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 pm

love seeing this post on the front page

still AOTD
shirts optional

Postby ripersnifle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm

shirts optional wrote:love seeing this post on the front page

still AOTD
yeah
ripersnifle

Postby Primary » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Yeah it actually is
so many social engagements, so little time
Primary

Postby forest design » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:52 am

I remember the rollout for EM and the controversy over the production and the Brion versions of the songs. I was really pretty disappointed in the official album versions of the songs, even if I understood why she changed them. Brion is a really talented guy, but his production can get pretty ornate/distracting at times. Should revisit that album, some of her best songs are on there.

Revisited Idler today and it was every bit as good as I remembered it being. Better, even. She's such an amazing songwriter. And she's only getting better.
forest design

Previous

Return to Free-For-All