Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Milk » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm

it makes me feel bad because i feel like maybe that's too fast to be any good. But then i remember i will rewrite this shit to death probably anyway
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby chad » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 pm

1 step at a time and I can always edit and revise and it will get better just have to keep going I believe in myself!
add me on habbo: ChadBraddington
chad

Postby chad » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 pm

i can and will finish. when i do it will be the best thing i've ever done lol

can't even bring myself 2 be self deprecating bc i'm fucking jazzed
chad

Postby southpaw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Go milk!
southpaw

Postby big zorb » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Good job, y'all! I published something for the first time in a while this week and it was tight.
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].
big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby mascotte » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Just discovered this thread. I've been writing a novel, it's an ambitious task. I've got about 90-100 pages so far and looks like this is gonna be at least 800 pages work. The sheer size of it scares me and I know that I procrastinate too much but there were so many things happening in my life, as some of you may know, that I try to relax and take it easy: i may finish it or not, there's no deadline, I am doing it for myself. So sometimes the regime I impose over myself works, but lately it does not, I've been watching stupid TV shows or listening to the music all day. And I've fot perfect conditions: a quiet house in a forest, not much friends around, and a patient partner...

At least I have the complete story and all the characters in mind and I think about it all the time.
mascotte

Postby chad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:42 pm

has anyone submitted to pitch wars? name really turned me off bc my brain was like SHARK TANK EW DISGUSTING but then I actually googled it and it seems very, very good

anyway i think i'm gonna submit here next year bc i won't make the august deadline but i'm just noting as a heads up!! maybe this will be useful for ppl

i did not see this mentioned in the thread but search function is very bad so maybe it did get mentioned
chad

Postby warmhouse » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 pm

warmhouse wrote:Image

tired but strong

doin my best
warmhouse

Postby gargamel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:04 pm

gargamel wrote:what's the best way to get an agent? send them your manuscript? i've been working on a novel for like 2 years that i am nearly ready to try and get represented. i've had some stuff published in places but it isn't going to grab anyone's attention. the novel is 'literary fiction' and i am grinding my teeth as i write that. i would be really pleased to get it on like dalkey/graywolf/coffee house press or whatever, it's kind of complicated but hopefully not obnoxious.

also, what sort of response times did you get from your agents when you queried them? like, did you get a surprise e-mail six months later, or are people pretty good about saying, 'no, i'm not interested' in a timely fashion. thanks hipinion authors

my book came out the other day

just keep wading through the shit everyone until you get to the far side of the river
gargamel

Postby alaska » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:55 pm

That's rad
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby chad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm

Congrats dang
chad

Postby chad » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Haha wow my emotions are all over the place itt
chad

Postby Viola Swamp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:07 pm

congrats garg i heard about your book and thought it sounded very hipinion
Viola Swamp

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....