yeah watch death note its sick as hell
DRAGONS wrote:bickering narcissists
ratbag

Postby Ampersand » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:18 pm

ratbag wrote:wow death note rules

hell yeah
Ampersand

Postby futurist » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:31 am

i sold off all my major title vhs tapes years ago but now i'm in desperate need for sleepaway camp 1, sleepaway camp 2, and the burning for a "friday the 13th" camping trip in the woods. really hesitant to spend >$40 on any of these all over again. anyone have any dirty vhs rips of these they can upload to the dropbox?

any good 80's horror trailer compilations too? anything good to watch on a crappy old tv around a campfire in the woods
futurist

Postby i am rich » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:42 pm

finally watched pieces. man, what a weird film. "the most beautiful thing in the world is smoking pot and fucking on a waterbed, at the same time."

dismemberment? nudity? nonsequitur scenes? weird dialogue? college cousin larry mackin on a tennis pro detective? sign me up man. i liked it!
i am rich

Postby i am rich » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm

also if anybody could up the barn that'd be rad, ive been unable to find a torrent
i am rich

Postby Cone » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Been rewatching the Death Note anime since the movie reminded me how great it was.

Berlin Syndrome is on Netflix now and is worth a watch if you're into psychotic/captivity thrillers.
Cone

Postby oglop » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 pm

rewatched eaten alive for the first time in years. recently read a guy saying it looks like it was filmed inside a lava lamp, and it's so true
oglop

Postby Kevin McCallister » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 am

futurist wrote:i sold off all my major title vhs tapes years ago but now i'm in desperate need for sleepaway camp 1, sleepaway camp 2, and the burning for a "friday the 13th" camping trip in the woods. really hesitant to spend >$40 on any of these all over again. anyone have any dirty vhs rips of these they can upload to the dropbox?

any good 80's horror trailer compilations too? anything good to watch on a crappy old tv around a campfire in the woods

My Sleepaway Camp VHS is a prized possession. I can try to create a rip sometime this month but no promises!

If anybody has a guide for compression settings to get a ~1.2gb file that would come in handy.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Poptone » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 am

rewatched Body Parts for the first time since a couple years after it came out.

it's too bad jeff fahey has negative charisma cos it's otherwise a fun little movie

(though i still prefer the mark hamill eye segment of Carpenter's Body Bags when it comes to the "possessed former body part of a serial killer" genre)
Poptone
cat fan

Postby jalapeño ranch » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 am

Plus you get to see Hamill's ballsack.
Celiac Cruz wrote:This one has no real explanation:
jalapeño ranch

Postby futurist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:
futurist wrote:i sold off all my major title vhs tapes years ago but now i'm in desperate need for sleepaway camp 1, sleepaway camp 2, and the burning for a "friday the 13th" camping trip in the woods. really hesitant to spend >$40 on any of these all over again. anyone have any dirty vhs rips of these they can upload to the dropbox?

My Sleepaway Camp VHS is a prized possession. I can try to create a rip sometime this month but no promises!

If anybody has a guide for compression settings to get a ~1.2gb file that would come in handy.

no pressure! appreciate the thought. i'm surprised most everything on CG is such high quality... doesn't feel right watching a BR
futurist

Postby futurist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 pm

i uploaded another fun one

futurist

Postby Annie May » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:52 am

Watched They Look Like People last night, based on browsing this thread and finding ampersand's letterboxd lists. It's been a while since I've watched any films, let alone horror, but with halloween coming up and all I've been in the mood lately. I liked it well enough, looking back it was pretty obvious it was all in his head but i wanted his delusions to be real cause those visuals were terrifyingToggle SpoilerWhatever, the movie had me sweating the entire time, it's what i needed to shock me out of the tedium of my life right now.
Last edited by Annie May on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annie May

Postby Annie May » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

What are some horror comedy recs, i dunno where to start
Annie May

Postby aububs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 am

Annie May wrote:Watched They Look Like People last night, based on browsing this thread and finding ampersand's letterboxd lists. It's been a while since I've watched any films, let alone horror, but with halloween coming up and all I've been in the mood lately. I liked it well enough, looking back it was pretty obvious it was all in his headToggle Spoiler but i wanted his delusions to be real cause those visuals were terrifying. Whatever, the movie had me sweating the entire time, it's what i needed to shock me out of the tedium of my life right now.

woah woah spoiler alert!
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Annie May » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Fixed. Sorry I've been up all night.
Annie May

Postby aububs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 am

no worries annie may.

horror comedy recs:

detention (you might hate this)
father's day (you will probably hate this)
tucker & dale
grabbers
what we do in the shadows
troll hunter
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Annie May » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 am

Thanks aububs. I've seen tucker and dale, which i liked. Looking forward to digging through the rest.
Annie May

Postby emotional fascism » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:25 am

We Are the Flesh kinda messed me up. Gave me nightmares last night.

emotional fascism

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Annie May wrote:Watched They Look Like People last night, based on browsing this thread and finding ampersand's letterboxd lists. It's been a while since I've watched any films, let alone horror, but with halloween coming up and all I've been in the mood lately. I liked it well enough, looking back it was pretty obvious it was all in his head but i wanted his delusions to be real cause those visuals were terrifyingToggle SpoilerWhatever, the movie had me sweating the entire time, it's what i needed to shock me out of the tedium of my life right now.

I dunno, I felt the opposite, like it was pretty clear to me that it was all his illness until that last scene where for a moment I was scared that it wasn't. Followed by a huge sigh of relief, it was actually a pretty positive experience in the end.Toggle Spoiler
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby smelts » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

emotional fascism wrote:We Are the Flesh kinda messed me up. Gave me nightmares last night.

whoa that looks awesome/yeah potentially kinda overwhelming
smelts

Postby smelts » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Horror/Comedy:

Tremors
Basket Case
Brain Damage
Murder Party
Student Bodies
Chopping Mall
The Final Girls
Return Of The Living Dead
Hard Rock Zombies
All Cheerleaders Die
The Greasy Strangler
The Little Shop Of Horrors
Slither
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Stitches
Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon

obviously these are all pretty all over the place, some being legitimately funny, some being endearingly bad, and some are just basically garbage, it's hard to know what somebody's looking for in horror comedy. I've seen all the ones on aububs list except Father's Day and i'd vouch for all them too
smelts

Postby goofjan grievens » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:56 pm

American Werewolf in London

edit: speaking of... John Landis doesn't want Max Landis remaking it.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/american-werewolf-in-london-john-landis-reacts-max-landis-directing-1201875946/
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan grievens

Postby futurist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Kevin McCallister, like i said no pressure on the rip, but if you do get around to it, is it possible to include the trailers? :D
futurist

Postby aububs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:17 pm

goofjan grievens wrote:American Werewolf in London

edit: speaking of... John Landis doesn't want Max Landis remaking it.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/american-werewolf-in-london-john-landis-reacts-max-landis-directing-1201875946/

awkward!
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby aububs » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm

smelts wrote:I've seen all the ones on aububs list except Father's Day and i'd vouch for all them too

and if you like Father's Day you gotta do Manborg and The Editor too. i love all three and find them hilarious but i do believe that may be because i'm defective. still haven't seen the damn Void.
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby Poptone » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Nobody has said Re-Animator yet for horror comedies. For shame.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby antoine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

emotional fascism wrote:We Are the Flesh kinda messed me up. Gave me nightmares last night.

whoa
trouble wrote:when you are gonna get married and shopping around
take a minute a think about the posts that were made by antoine
antoine

Postby Poptone » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:37 pm

yeah i'm in the "Astron 6 sucks" camp so i'm gonna warn everybody off of The Editor and Void.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby antoine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:48 pm

guess i'll add "we are the flesh" to the list of movies i'm scared to watch
trouble wrote:when you are gonna get married and shopping around
take a minute a think about the posts that were made by antoine
antoine

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All