Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

I just finished the Circleville Letter Writer episode of Generation Why and I'm curious about Paul's gun: if the intent was the frame him (which seems pretty likely given the El Camino evidence), why was the serial number rubbed off the gun?Toggle Spoiler. There are so many things about this case that don't add up to seem to lead to dead ends.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

from the la times article:

The friend told investigators that he went to a restroom at the park and when he came out, Bernstein had walked off, Braun said. "We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern."

i suppose that was the police being coy, especially when you read in the queerty article that the friend/likely murderer had scrapes and dirt under his fingernails when they interviewed him.

anyway, how terrible.
wintergreen

Postby bluemovers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

that's terrible.

also their names were literally Woodward & Bernstein?
bluemovers

Postby Seamus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 am

Grey Poupon wrote:
Tom Cruise wrote:Sometimes when I'm walking around outside I can 'hear' the sound of an outgoing phonecall ringing. Yknow the duuh-duuh...duuh-duuh.

It's pretty rare, lasts for a few rings, and it fades in/out like a car passing by. There's no explanation like people on their phones nearby/noise from a house etc.

Weird.

I think I get this and think it must be some way in car Bluetooth phones and the frequency of the tone somehow carries much better out of the car than the rest of the sound waves

yeah this is just people driving past you whilst making phone calls
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm

RATBAGS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ower-pots/

They had arrived at Mallory Crescent because a self-employed landscaper named Bruce McArthur regularly worked on the lawn and stored equipment there. That same day, he was charged with killing two people. Police had reason to believe there might be additional victims. And they believed they knew where they might find them.

Indeed, inside the planters were hidden the dismembered remains of at least three people.

On Monday, McArthur, a bulky-framed pink-cheeked 66-year-old who regularly donned a Santa Claus costume at a local mall during the holidays, was charged with three additional homicides.

Police believe there are more bodies still. Right now, investigators are undertaking the macabre task of visiting the 30 other properties where McArthur worked, collecting more than a dozen planters that police believe contain additional remains.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Peter Criss » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

yeah I've been following the Bruce McArthur case, it's very fucked up - the police mishandled the investigation for years and this guy was able to go about killing gay men for at least 7 years, if not longer...

Good article with background - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/suspect-in-killings-of-toronto-gay-men-had-history-ofviolence/article37759243/
Peter Criss

Postby ratbags » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah last summer a bunch of people in church street told the cops there's gotta be a serial killer and the cops went on tv and said there wasn't a serial killer and now look
session to session
ratbags

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Sounds about right

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:21 am

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Dinosauria We » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:44 pm

^ i've really dug this. soundtrack is cool.
Dinosauria We

Postby Dr. Norm Thagard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:ATTN: DR NORM

https://atlantamonster.com

Yes. I need to listen to this!

I think I've posted here about my fascination with this case. I used to teach in the area where all this happened.

It's still a scary place. There are so many vacant and overgrown buildings that I could see a hamsterdam type dump house happening. In fact I think they did find some women's bodies in a house a few years ago.
delgriffith wrote:Yeah Norm.

OKterrific wrote:Norm yay

Cronos wrote:The world needs more Norm

Feech La Manna wrote:well here's Norm at least

night moves wrote: People like you make up false boogeyman to blame for their emotions being out of control
Dr. Norm Thagard
Every superhero need her theme music

Postby Dr. Norm Thagard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 pm

delgriffith wrote:Yeah Norm.

OKterrific wrote:Norm yay

Cronos wrote:The world needs more Norm

Feech La Manna wrote:well here's Norm at least

night moves wrote: People like you make up false boogeyman to blame for their emotions being out of control
Dr. Norm Thagard
Every superhero need her theme music

Postby wintergreen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:27 am

wintergreen

Postby Shotfrog » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:57 am

I hope he enjoys his reverse mortgage in prison.
Shotfrog

Postby Shotfrog » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 am

Shotfrog wrote:I hope he enjoys his reverse mortgage in prison.

Shotfrog

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Stuff You Should Know did a good episode on the disappearance of Bessie and Glen Hyde, who vanished in 1928 while running the rapids in the Grand Canyon

https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podc ... lyweds.htm

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby wintergreen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:19 pm

wintergreen wrote:

from the la times article:

The friend told investigators that he went to a restroom at the park and when he came out, Bernstein had walked off, Braun said. "We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern."

i suppose that was the police being coy, especially when you read in the queerty article that the friend/likely murderer had scrapes and dirt under his fingernails when they interviewed him.

anyway, how terrible.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/01/atomwaffen-division-blaze-bernsteins-suspected-killer-was-part-of-neo-nazi-group-tied-to-other-murders.html

Two days after Bernstein’s body was found, a 20-year-old former high school classmate named Samuel Woodward was arrested for his murder.

Police have not yet given a motive for the murder of Bernstein, who was gay and Jewish, or determined whether it should be considered a hate crime. But Woodward told police that Bernstein tried to kiss him when they were in his car together. And, one source told ProPublica, Woodward “was as anti-Semitic as you can get.”

ProPublica revealed Friday that Woodward was a member of a neo-Nazi group called Atomwaffen Division, considered to be relatively small but outsize in its hatred. With that revelation, those monitoring far-right hate groups noted that members of this specific neo-Nazi group are alleged to have committed five murders nationwide in the past year.

there's an article in today's new york times about the group:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/us/what-is-atomwaffen.html

i'm sure trump will be tweeting about this terrorist group soon.
wintergreen

Postby ratbags » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:58 pm

a toronto firefighter went missing during a snowstorm while on a ski trip in lake placid, ny on february 7th and was found today in sacramento, california with his ski stuff still on him

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/02/13/toronto-firefighter-who-went-missing-in-lake-placid-ny-found-safe-in-california.html
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am

Filippidis was found alone near the rental car terminal of Sacramento International Airport, still wearing his snow pants, jacket and had his goggles and ski helmet.

“We don’t know how he got there,” said Sacramento police Sgt. Shaun Hampton.

How or why Filippidis travelled across the United States without telling anyone remains a mystery.

“He wasn’t able to give those answers,” said Frank Ramagnano, president of the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters’ Association, who added that Filippidis seemed confused and needed medical help.
session to session
ratbags

Postby Paul » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

woah
Paul

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:08 am

i honestly can't figure this one out
session to session
ratbags

Postby Bartatua » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 am

Missing 411: Toronto edition
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 am

like even if you figure "okay he smacked his head something fierce" how did he get across the country and what did he do for 6 days? if he used a credit card or something, would that not have popped up on someone's radar? did he have a shit load of cash on him while skiing? how did he travel and how did he travel wearing a fucking ski outfit?
session to session
ratbags

Postby Bartatua » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 am

Now that's what I call cross country skiing
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:21 am

lol
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 am

give this man the gold medal
session to session
ratbags

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 am

session to session
ratbags

Postby inspectorhound » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am

he got scooped up in one of those wildfire planes
inspectorhound

Postby ratbags » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:39 am

inspectorhound wrote:he got scooped up in one of those wildfire planes

session to session
ratbags

Postby pablito » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 am

rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.