Unsolved Mysteries mk.2

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Possible serial killer 'terrorising' Florida neighbourhood
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41725218

Florida police have said they are searching for a possible serial killer believed to have fatally shot three people over the last two weeks.
Officials believe the murders, which happened blocks apart, were committed by the same gunman who may have chosen the victims at random, police say.
The latest victim was an autistic man who was shot while walking home from work after getting on the wrong bus.
Local residents have been advised not to walk alone after dark.

Click for creepy surveillance came video
http://pickleoffact.tumblr.com

inspectorhound wrote:You are the biggest sociopath on this board
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:21 am

Any anyone is looking for a podcast that covers UFOs/paranormal stuff rather than murder, check out Oh No Ross and Carrie

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am

I dunno. Seems like a bad idea if you're a serial killer who doesn't want to get caught for sure

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Shotfrog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 am

Gonna go with Cunanan.

Doesn't really seem like serial killers kill serially like they used to.
Shotfrog

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:07 pm

The Beltway Snipers is the most significant recent one I can think of

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby JongleurGrey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:05 pm

i would guess advances in forensics and the high-profile nature of using a gun to kill someone makes it pretty inadvisable

you can't shoot someone in your house without it raising some attention
if you are offended by this i am sorry - starwars420@juno.com
JongleurGrey

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

My quick scroll through Wikipedia tells me most serial killers prefer strangulation

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Ratbag.... your posts ....

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby hard mike » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:40 pm

Does anyone know if there's any sort of archive or database I can look through about Roswell? I'm trying to finish up a personal project.
"Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." - John F. Kennedy
hard mike

Postby hard mike » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:41 pm

I am unaware of there being any official government or agency documents about Roswell but if there's anything with like news clippings or local paper articles.
"Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." - John F. Kennedy
hard mike

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:02 pm

That depends, are you an alien?
tim
whatabout tim

Postby goofjan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:Possible serial killer 'terrorising' Florida neighbourhood
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41725218

Florida police have said they are searching for a possible serial killer believed to have fatally shot three people over the last two weeks.
Officials believe the murders, which happened blocks apart, were committed by the same gunman who may have chosen the victims at random, police say.
The latest victim was an autistic man who was shot while walking home from work after getting on the wrong bus.
Local residents have been advised not to walk alone after dark.

Click for creepy surveillance came video

fuck, that just breaks my heart.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:09 pm

A personal unsolved mystery: my girlfriend called me in a panic because tonight the person living in her old apartment called their landlord saying that three cop cars showed up and loudly knocked on the door until someone answered. They repeatedly asked for my girlfriend and, upon finding out she was no longer living in the building, they left. We called the police and they investigated. They said no calls were made to the address in question from any precinct and there is no reason for authorities needing to contact. We're left pretty stumped and a little freaked out.
#͎̤̹͍͇͢w͙͍̼̪̼̜̓̍̿ͯë̴̠́̿̋i͈̯̘̖̻͕͛ͦ͗̂̽͜r͓̫̻̱̤̅̉ͩͥ͑͠ḑ̪͈̱̲̮͓̰̂ͭ̇n̵̫͇̖̻̯̻͖͒i͙̐̊͐g̠̹̩͈͡ͅh̨͉̜t̔̿ͫ͛ͥ
FourLegsGood

Postby robot_by_the_river » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 pm

well that's nuts

what's the current tenant like? any reason they might try to blame your gf for any past or future visits from the cops?
big fat kid with a lot of nerve
robot_by_the_river

Postby oglop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 pm

damn that gave me an anxiety attack. please keep us updated
oglop

Postby FourLegsGood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 pm

Trying to figure it out but the tenant went out of their way to contact the landlord so if they're trying to avoid attention for police showing up, they're doing a bad job. Also, it's a relatively up-rent place so I don't see that happening

Edit: my girlfriend was put in touch with the tenant and he told her basically the same details and also mentioned it was quite a spectacle on the street that other people on the block would corroborate.
#͎̤̹͍͇͢w͙͍̼̪̼̜̓̍̿ͯë̴̠́̿̋i͈̯̘̖̻͕͛ͦ͗̂̽͜r͓̫̻̱̤̅̉ͩͥ͑͠ḑ̪͈̱̲̮͓̰̂ͭ̇n̵̫͇̖̻̯̻͖͒i͙̐̊͐g̠̹̩͈͡ͅh̨͉̜t̔̿ͫ͛ͥ
FourLegsGood

Postby ratbags » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:32 am

what kind of cops were they
session to session
ratbags

Postby marble » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 am

wtf. i assume the actual cops are investigating?
marble

Postby . » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:52 am

they're aliens posing as cops

get to your radiation shielded pod immediately
ride.

Postby . » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:53 am

alternately it's the feds

get to your cocaine sniffing dog shielded pod immediately
ride.

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 pm

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Persons-of-interest-in-Loofe-case-release-Our-Side-of-It-in-video-460792083.html
this video is really strange! "if we make a slip on this video and say something that you find incriminating, please let us know"

LINCOLN, Neb. (WOWT) -- Two 'persons of interest' in the case of a missing 24-year-old Lincoln woman released a video titled “our side of it” on Facebook Wednesday morning.

The video is roughly nine minutes long. It was posted to the ‘Finding Sydney Loofe’ Facebook group, features what appears to be Bailey Boswell, 23, and Aubrey Trail, 51, sitting in a car talking about the disappearance of Sydney Loofe.

"We're not trying to defend anything we're not trying to make you believe anything we just feel we should get to say our side since everyone else gets to say theirs," Trail and Boswell say in the video.

Lincoln Police named Trail and Boswell as persons of interest in the case on Tuesday morning.

It is unknown where Trail and Boswell are located, but say in the video they have contacted Lincoln Police and the Saline County Sheriff's Office, but have not yet heard back.

"We were told to quit blowing up their phone even though we told them, 'hey do you understand we are the people you are looking for,'" Trail said in the video. "They said you've called here several times. We will get back to you when we can."
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:34 am

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017 ... ign=buffer

Thomas Hargrove is a homicide archivist. For the past seven years, he has been collecting municipal records of murders, and he now has the largest catalogue of killings in the country—751,785 murders carried out since 1976, which is roughly twenty-seven thousand more than appear in F.B.I. files. States are supposed to report murders to the Department of Justice, but some report inaccurately, or fail to report altogether, and Hargrove has sued some of these states to obtain their records. Using computer code he wrote, he searches his archive for statistical anomalies among the more ordinary murders resulting from lovers’ triangles, gang fights, robberies, or brawls. Each year, about five thousand people kill someone and don’t get caught, and a percentage of these men and women have undoubtedly killed more than once. Hargrove intends to find them with his code, which he sometimes calls a serial-killer detector.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby snuggle » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:03 am

Almos5 feel I don’t want to know how many murderers and serial killers there are in this nation
snuggle

Postby son of chucky » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:21 am

FourLegsGood wrote:Trying to figure it out but the tenant went out of their way to contact the landlord so if they're trying to avoid attention for police showing up, they're doing a bad job. Also, it's a relatively up-rent place so I don't see that happening

Edit: my girlfriend was put in touch with the tenant and he told her basically the same details and also mentioned it was quite a spectacle on the street that other people on the block would corroborate.

any updates or additional info on this?
I am going to buy more books about elderly dogs in the future. Thank you.
son of chucky

Postby FourLegsGood » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:06 pm

We haven't heard anything. The tenant followed up with my gf randomly yesterday asking the same question and we have nothing to report. There is no police record of the call. 99% percent sure the tenant isn't lying (why would he get the landlord involved and jeopardize his residency on some prank). It's a true mystery.
FourLegsGood

Postby Mine Is Clouds » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:25 pm

ratbags wrote:what kind of cops were they

yeah maybe this is a dumb question but did the tenant specify? any chance they could have been wrong (eg said they were city cops but they were actually sheriff's dept or something)?
Mine Is Clouds

Postby FourLegsGood » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 pm

I asked and he seemed pretty sure that they were city police (though he couldn't be 100%).
FourLegsGood

Postby nonchalant » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:24 pm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-children-who-went-up-in-smoke-172429802/?utm_source=onesignal

Christmas mystery edition. This one is pretty interesting. The older photo of Louis Sodder is chilling, I think it's def him
ImageImageImage
nonchalant

Postby ratbags » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm

i feel like someone posted a pretty good breakdown of that one in here before but i can't remember who
session to session
ratbags

Postby Seamus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:37 pm

FourLegsGood wrote:We haven't heard anything. The tenant followed up with my gf randomly yesterday asking the same question and we have nothing to report. There is no police record of the call. 99% percent sure the tenant isn't lying (why would he get the landlord involved and jeopardize his residency on some prank). It's a true mystery.

the tenant has a crush on your gf and made up a bullshit story for a pretext to talk to her
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All