Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Re the Sodder children, don't read this if you don't want the mystery to be ruined. I forget what source I read this at but:

The children perished in the fire. John Sodder said that after escaping, he looked into a window and saw the children trying to escape their bedroom. The parents just couldn't accept it and concocted and increasingly elaborate story over the yearsToggle Spoiler
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Hm I thought it was Skeptoid but I guess it was actually thinking sideways where I learned that
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby GonzO))) » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:25 pm

ratbags wrote:i feel like someone posted a pretty good breakdown of that one in here before but i can't remember who

GonzO)))

Postby FourLegsGood » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Seamus wrote:
FourLegsGood wrote:We haven't heard anything. The tenant followed up with my gf randomly yesterday asking the same question and we have nothing to report. There is no police record of the call. 99% percent sure the tenant isn't lying (why would he get the landlord involved and jeopardize his residency on some prank). It's a true mystery.

the tenant has a crush on your gf and made up a bullshit story for a pretext to talk to her

Don't believe they've ever met face to face. Maybe a one-off text convo over a year ago when she moved out.
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby Ted Pikul » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... n-mystery/

The property owner brought in a professional cleaner to tackle the job, including “a significant amount of miscellaneous items that had been left by the evicted renter,” according to a search warrant application later filed with the local courts. On Sept. 27 the crew arrived and worked through the house’s 896 square feet and the backyard, where a weather-roughened two-car garage and shed stood.

When the cleaners picked through the shed, they found a box in the building. Inside was a horrific discovery: human bones.

“Loose teeth, there was what appeared to be bone from a lower jaw, and others that were not as specifically described, but I would call them pieces of bones,” Missoula Police spokesman Sgt. Travis Welsh told KPAX. “There were also rocks in this box.”

A laboratory analysis added a layer of tragedy to the find: not only were the remains recent, they belonged to three children: one between the ages of 5 and 8, one between 6 and 10, and the third between 2 and 4 years old.

When news of the discovery went public this week, Missoula authorities admitted they were stumped. “Nothing we’ve been able to connect them to yet,” Welsh said. “The thing is, there are missing children all over the world. And the thing is, we don’t know that this particular case is isolated to the city of Missoula.”

But 1,800 miles away in a small Michigan town, the discovery out west sparked a mix of alarm and hope. Seven years ago, three local boys — Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton — went missing, a disappearance that remains unexplained. This week, however, Michigan authorities announced they were working with Missoula police to see whether there is a connection between the bones and the missing boys.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Shotfrog » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am

Of course there's a connection between the bones and the Skeleton boys.
Shotfrog

Postby Shotfrog » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 am

I said,
Shotfrog

Postby wintergreen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 am

Ted Pikul wrote:Re the Sodder children, don't read this if you don't want the mystery to be ruined. I forget what source I read this at but:

The children perished in the fire. John Sodder said that after escaping, he looked into a window and saw the children trying to escape their bedroom. The parents just couldn't accept it and concocted and increasingly elaborate story over the yearsToggle Spoiler

isn't there some kind of independent confirmation that no remains were found?
wintergreen

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 pm

So... that big nytimes ufo article

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 pm

The regular article is boring but this is good

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/p ... -navy.html

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby FourLegsGood » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 pm

The airmen behind that video have come forward with further details
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5188203/Navy-airmen-encounter-possible-UFO.html

edit: dammit, Ted Pikul
easy wrote:GOD DAMN IT
FourLegsGood

Postby Ted Pikul » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 pm

The video when it rotates ... wtf

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby bort » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 am

:shock: :?
“I observed, as well as four other deputy sheriffs observed, the dogs eating the rib cage on the body,” Agnew said at a news conference this week.

The series of events that led to that gruesome scene — two dogs guarding Bethany Lynn Stephens’s bloodied remains after authorities say they mauled her to death while on a walk in rural Virginia — have been the subject of speculation, rumors and anger. Why did these two dogs, which friends said had a strong bond with Stephens, turn on their most important human? Agnew doubted that the question would ever be clearly answered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ani ... y-but-why/
big nipples , big life
bort

Postby JongleurGrey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:05 pm

hahaha oh wow that is fucked
if you are offended by this i am sorry - starwars420@juno.com
JongleurGrey

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Rrrruff way to go

This behaviour analysis at the end sums it up well, I would be interested to know what board dog lady Merciel thinks of the hypothesis

At the news conference earlier this week, Blackwood said Stephens had been living elsewhere and had left the dogs with her father. The dogs, which were previously indoor animals, were left in a kennel outside with little human contact, aside from a visit from Stephens about five times a week, he told reporters.

Stelow said she often sees dogs suddenly showing signs of aggression because of changes in their lives, such as a new person moving in or their owner moving out. Even changes in pet owners’ schedule could be stressful.

“So I’m already in another uncomfortable environment where I don’t have the things I’m accustomed to. I have limited contact with my most important human. I don’t understand what is happening, and this is stressful to me,” she said. “Every walk became much more stimulating. . . . Now I’m in a situation where what might have been a tolerable stimulus is now a big trigger because of all the other stressors I’ve been experiencing.”
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby inspectorhound » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:19 am

inspectorhound

Postby Paul » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Paul

Postby warmhouse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Speaking of unsolved mysteries - Dave Toschi died.
warmhouse

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:13 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/cr ... story.html

he woman in the bus depot, the perpetrator, was amiable and chatty, Eleanor Williams tearfully told the police.

This was long ago, after Williams, young and naive, had been tragically preyed upon, investigators said. Today, it’s a cold case.

The woman, whose crime in the terminal that day shattered Williams’s psyche, was African American and appeared to be in her 20s, Williams recalled, speaking publicly for the first time in decades about a mystery that has perplexed D.C. police. Williams said the stranger’s perfidy left her so mired in guilt and shame that she later contemplated killing herself.

The woman, about 5-foot-3 and slender, struck up a conversation with Williams in the passenger waiting area, cooing over Williams’s infant daughter. After a while, in the sweetest voice, she asked whether she could hold the child.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Tom Cruise » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:23 am

Sometimes when I'm walking around outside I can 'hear' the sound of an outgoing phonecall ringing. Yknow the duuh-duuh...duuh-duuh.

It's pretty rare, lasts for a few rings, and it fades in/out like a car passing by. There's no explanation like people on their phones nearby/noise from a house etc.

Weird.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Tom Cruise

Postby razzle » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:46 am

did the seth rich thing ever get solved?
At least we have Hamilton
razzle
ok

Postby Grey Poupon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:46 am

Tom Cruise wrote:Sometimes when I'm walking around outside I can 'hear' the sound of an outgoing phonecall ringing. Yknow the duuh-duuh...duuh-duuh.

It's pretty rare, lasts for a few rings, and it fades in/out like a car passing by. There's no explanation like people on their phones nearby/noise from a house etc.

Weird.

I think I get this and think it must be some way in car Bluetooth phones and the frequency of the tone somehow carries much better out of the car than the rest of the sound waves
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Ted Pikul » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:31 am

I just finished the Circleville Letter Writer episode of Generation Why and I'm curious about Paul's gun: if the intent was the frame him (which seems pretty likely given the El Camino evidence), why was the serial number rubbed off the gun?Toggle Spoiler. There are so many things about this case that don't add up to seem to lead to dead ends.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby wintergreen » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

from the la times article:

The friend told investigators that he went to a restroom at the park and when he came out, Bernstein had walked off, Braun said. "We do not believe foul play was involved at this point, and the friend is only a witness, not a suspect or person of concern."

i suppose that was the police being coy, especially when you read in the queerty article that the friend/likely murderer had scrapes and dirt under his fingernails when they interviewed him.

anyway, how terrible.
wintergreen

Postby bluemovers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

that's terrible.

also their names were literally Woodward & Bernstein?
bluemovers

Postby Seamus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 am

Grey Poupon wrote:
Tom Cruise wrote:Sometimes when I'm walking around outside I can 'hear' the sound of an outgoing phonecall ringing. Yknow the duuh-duuh...duuh-duuh.

Weird.

I think I get this and think it must be some way in car Bluetooth phones and the frequency of the tone somehow carries much better out of the car than the rest of the sound waves

yeah this is just people driving past you whilst making phone calls
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm

RATBAGS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... ower-pots/

They had arrived at Mallory Crescent because a self-employed landscaper named Bruce McArthur regularly worked on the lawn and stored equipment there. That same day, he was charged with killing two people. Police had reason to believe there might be additional victims. And they believed they knew where they might find them.

Indeed, inside the planters were hidden the dismembered remains of at least three people.

On Monday, McArthur, a bulky-framed pink-cheeked 66-year-old who regularly donned a Santa Claus costume at a local mall during the holidays, was charged with three additional homicides.

Police believe there are more bodies still. Right now, investigators are undertaking the macabre task of visiting the 30 other properties where McArthur worked, collecting more than a dozen planters that police believe contain additional remains.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Peter Criss » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

yeah I've been following the Bruce McArthur case, it's very fucked up - the police mishandled the investigation for years and this guy was able to go about killing gay men for at least 7 years, if not longer...

Good article with background - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/suspect-in-killings-of-toronto-gay-men-had-history-ofviolence/article37759243/
Peter Criss

Postby ratbags » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah last summer a bunch of people in church street told the cops there's gotta be a serial killer and the cops went on tv and said there wasn't a serial killer and now look
session to session
ratbags

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.