zodia choax
patrick cokane?
ok

Postby warmhouse » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:42 am

attack of the clones ass sounding name
warmhouse

Postby warmhouse » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 am

warmhouse wrote:ok im hitching my ride on the zodiachoax wagon

I’ve just read several reddit comments that seem to think I’m completely wrong. Gonna have to consult some runes
warmhouse

Postby manierisme » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 am

the zodiac hoax theory seems too unwieldy to me... i can understand thinking its possible, but actually the most likely explanation?

zodiac is frustrating because there's a ton of suspects but none of them really seem strong at all.
manierisme

Postby Hutch » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am

Not totally #unsolved but did anyone post this thing about this hippie lesbian couple raising six adopted black children who they often abused and then drove them off a cliff and into the Pacific Ocean?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... nia-cliff/

Officials have said the crash may have been intentional, judging by software in the vehicle showing it stopped at a pull-off area before speeding off the cliff. Officials found no skid marks to indicate sudden acceleration or braking, according to a search-warrant affidavit.

They left a trail of child-abuse allegations across three states, including one that prompted an official from Washington’s Child Protective Services to visit their Woodland house right before they drove off for California.

Who were the Harts, really?
Hutch

Postby warmhouse » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:23 pm

manierisme wrote:the zodiac hoax theory seems too unwieldy to me... i can understand thinking its possible, but actually the most likely explanation?

zodiac is frustrating because there's a ton of suspects but none of them really seem strong at all.

I had one of those moments where I listened to Horan on the Gen Why podcast, and it felt really convincing. Then moseyed on over to a reddit thread and it's full of people rolling their eyes and doing the jerk-off motion, etc. I have this exact feeling with EVERY true crime book, however.

I can understand some of those people maybe have a vested interest in the zodiac murders being a "thing" but some of what Horan said - if it's in any way true - feels like a sure way to discredit the whole idea.

the main one i keep going back to is the three/four murders all being ENTIRELY different. it helped make the movies more visually interesting, sure, but it also feels like really loose threads all flimsily put together.
warmhouse

Postby Shalabi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

“Cliff-plunge-mom”

Shalabi

Postby Ted Pikul » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:So I'm catching up on unsolved mysteries/true crime links I'd previously saved this afternoon, and here's a very, very weird story from 1978 (that was completely new to me):

Here's a big contemporary WaPO article on the case:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... d4c9426726

And here's the Charley Project page with a decent summary:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mathias_gary.html

Mathias was last seen near Oroville, California on February 24, 1978. He went missing with four friends: Jack Antone Madruga, Jackie Charles Huett, Theodore Earl Weiher and William Lee Sterling. The men were part of a day program for mentally handicapped adults and played on a basketball team. On the night of February 24 - 25, they were supposed to play a basketball game in Chico, California, then return to their homes. They all lived with their parents. Mathias and Madruga were both licensed drivers; Madruga was going to drive them that night.

The five men never returned home. On February 27, their car was found on a mountain road in the snow on a Plumas National Forest service road, 70 miles from Chico and far from their route home. Although it was at the snow line and its tires had spun, it wasn't stuck and the men could have pushed it free, and it had a quarter tank of gas and was in operable condition. The area where the vehicle was located is heavily forested, mountainous and rocky. The snow was four to six feet deep, and a storm was raging in the area at the time. The men were not dressed appropriately for the weather; they all wore street clothes and low-cut shoes. Madruga was the only one who ever drove that vehicle, he didn't like camping or cold weather, and none of the men were familiar with the area.

In June 1978, after the spring thaw, the bodies of Madruga, Huett, Weibel and Sterling were found. Authorities found Weiher's body in a Forest Service trailer in the Daniel Zink campgrounds, nineteen and a half miles from where the car had been. He was lying on a bed, with eight sheets pulled over his corpse and tucked around his head. Weiher lived for an extended time period, perhaps eight to thirteen weeks, but eventually died of exposure. His feet were badly frostbitten and he had lost 80 to 100 pounds before dying. His shoes were missing, but his ring, necklace, and wallet with cash were sitting on the table next to the bed. There was also a gold Waltham watch, with its crystal missing. It didn't belong to any of the five men.

Weiher had apparently gained access to the trailer through a broken window. Although there were matches and paperback books and wooden furniture, no one had started a fire, and no one had touched the propane tank nearby. Someone had consumed more than a dozen cans of food from an outside storage shed, but there was an unopened locker in the shed that contained enough food to have fed all five men for a year.

Investigators believe Sterling and Madruga never made to the trailer; their bodies were found four and a half miles short of it, on opposite sides of a road, the day after Weiher's body was found. Police think Huett and possibly Mathias came to the trailer with Weiher, but left again. The day after Sterling and Madruga were found, Huett's skeletal remains were located along the same road, but much closer to the trailer. Searchers did find three wool Forest Service blankets and a rusted flashlight about a quarter of a mile northwest of the trailer. They found Mathias's sneakers inside the Forest Service trailer with Weiher's body; authorities think Mathias might have put on Weiher's shoes, which were a larger size than his own, after his feet got swollen from frostbite. An extensive search turned up no sign of him or his body.

There are some odd details in the WaPo article. The cops thought that Madruga's car was in way too good condition to have been bumping around mountain roads in the dark; they theorized that someone familiar with the roads drove it there (which wouldn't have been any of the 5 men).

And this:
Then there was the man who saw lights on the road. Joseph Shones, 55, told police he drove his Volkswagen bug up that same road sometime after 5:30 the evening the boys disappeared. He said he was checking the snow line, because he wanted to bring his wife and daughter up that weekend. His car got stuck in the snow just above the snow line - about 50 yards beyond the place where the Mercury would be found - and as Shones was trying to free his car, he said, he had a heart attack. (Doctors later confirmed to investigators that Shones had indeed suffered a mild heart attack.)

Shones lay in the car with engine on and the car heater going, he said. Sometime in the night, he heard what he described as whistling noises a little way down the road, and he got out of his car. What he saw looked like a group of men and a woman with a baby, he said, walking in the glare of a vehicle's headlights. He thought he heard them talking. Shones said he yelled for help, but the headlights went out, and the talking stopped.

Shones got back into his car and lay down again, he said. Sometime later, maybe a couple of hours, he saw lights outside his car window - flashlight beams, he said. Again he called for help.The lights went out and whoever was out there went away. Shones said he lay in the car until it ran out of gas, and then while it was still dark he walked back eight miles to the lodge called Mountain House, where he had stopped for a drink before heading up the road. Just below his Volkswagen, in the place where he had heard the voices, he passed the Mercury Montego sitting empty in the middle of the road.

This is a frustrating case to read about, because it seems to have been forgotten about completely after 1978. As far as I can tell there's been no closure and very little activity.

True Crime All the Time Unsolved covered this on their most recent episode, haven't listened yet
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby domesticwhite » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:13 pm

ted that case sticks out in my head so much, its a really spooky read.
domesticwhite

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Not sure if it qualifies as just creepy pasta or relevant for this thread, but one of the recent night call eps exposed me to dear david: https://storify.com/moby_dickhead/dear-david
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Dinosauria We » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 pm

any chance you could link directly to that episode of true crime all the time? visited the site earlier today and couldn't find it. this was one of those stories that has definitely stuck with me since initially reading it as well. weird stuff.
Dinosauria We

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I guess it’s not up on their site yet. It showed up in my podcasts app
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby clouds » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 pm

i'm sure some of you outside of oklahoma know about the missing teenagers from welch, ok 1999 - it's been covered pretty heavily.

i have been freaking for about an hour since i found out they made an arrest. i never expected this case to be officially solved. i am beyond chilled. if anyone knows anything about picher, ok - it's a superfund mining site that was contaminated by lead. it's abandonment was hastened by an EF4 tornado in 2008. in 2011 basically all buildings were razed. my friend and i made 2 trips there, the last one being on a sunday in january 2011 before the dozers started working the following monday. we took hundreds of pictures of houses and the things inside. we were the last people besides demo workers in most of these buildings. pretty creepy to think there is a chance we were in this house where the girls were kept. i need to research to find out if the tornado took it in 2008. it it was there in 2011, we were in it.

Update: Teens in 1999 cold case kidnapped, raped and strangled, document st
ates

Update, 3:00 p.m.: Authorities on Monday announced they have arrested and charged a man in the deaths of a Welch couple and two girls who have been missing since 1999.

District Attorney Matt Ballard announced Ronnie Dean Busick, 66, is charged in Craig County District Court with four counts of first-degree murder-malice aforethought, four counts of accessory to murder in the first degree, two counts of kidnapping and one count of first-degree arson and accessory to arson in the first degree. He is in custody at the Harvey County, Kansas jail.

Busick's charges are in connection with the December 1999 slayings of Danny and Kathy Freeman, their daughter Ashley and her friend, Lauria Bible, 16, who had stayed overnight at the Freeman home to celebrate Ashley’s 16th birthday.

The two other suspects in the case were identified as Warren Philip Welch II, 61, who died in 2007, and David A. Pennington, 56, who died in 2015.

The teenagers were kidnapped, tied up, raped by the three men, held in Welch’s mobile home at 412 S. College St. in Picher, and strangled by Welch and Pennington after “a matter of days,” according to a 29-page probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Craig County District Court.

Witnesses said Welch had photos depicting the teens “lying on a bed, facing each other, with their hands tied and their mouths gagged,” the affidavit states. In some photos, the affidavit states Welch was lying next to the teens.

The Polaroids were kept “like a ‘trophy’” and stored inside a leather briefcase to be passed around the ringleader's circle of drug dealers, the affidavit states.

The teens’ bodies are still missing. They are believed to be in a pit or mineshaft in the area known as the Tar Creek Superfund site in northeast Oklahoma or “dumped in a cellar that was later covered in concrete,” the affidavit states.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelates ... e928a.html
clouds

Postby futurist » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:34 pm

whatabout tim wrote:Not sure if it qualifies as just creepy pasta or relevant for this thread, but one of the recent night call eps exposed me to dear david: https://storify.com/moby_dickhead/dear-david

i was trying to remember this recently. there had only been a short part of the story posted when i had first read it. doesn't seem like there was any more after december?

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-dear-davi ... im-8219497
futurist

Postby futurist » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 pm

oh shit, this is the guy that makes those terrible buzzfeed comics? blech
futurist

Postby Shotfrog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:41 am

That’s fucked up, Mine Is Clouds.
Shotfrog

Postby Catullus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:26 am

Mine Is Clouds wrote:i'm sure some of you outside of oklahoma know about the missing teenagers from welch, ok 1999 - it's been covered pretty heavily.

i have been freaking for about an hour since i found out they made an arrest. i never expected this case to be officially solved. i am beyond chilled. if anyone knows anything about picher, ok - it's a superfund mining site that was contaminated by lead. it's abandonment was hastened by an EF4 tornado in 2008. in 2011 basically all buildings were razed. my friend and i made 2 trips there, the last one being on a sunday in january 2011 before the dozers started working the following monday. we took hundreds of pictures of houses and the things inside. we were the last people besides demo workers in most of these buildings. pretty creepy to think there is a chance we were in this house where the girls were kept. i need to research to find out if the tornado took it in 2008. it it was there in 2011, we were in it.

Update: Teens in 1999 cold case kidnapped, raped and strangled, document st
ates

Update, 3:00 p.m.: Authorities on Monday announced they have arrested and charged a man in the deaths of a Welch couple and two girls who have been missing since 1999.

District Attorney Matt Ballard announced Ronnie Dean Busick, 66, is charged in Craig County District Court with four counts of first-degree murder-malice aforethought, four counts of accessory to murder in the first degree, two counts of kidnapping and one count of first-degree arson and accessory to arson in the first degree. He is in custody at the Harvey County, Kansas jail.

Busick's charges are in connection with the December 1999 slayings of Danny and Kathy Freeman, their daughter Ashley and her friend, Lauria Bible, 16, who had stayed overnight at the Freeman home to celebrate Ashley’s 16th birthday.

The two other suspects in the case were identified as Warren Philip Welch II, 61, who died in 2007, and David A. Pennington, 56, who died in 2015.

The teenagers were kidnapped, tied up, raped by the three men, held in Welch’s mobile home at 412 S. College St. in Picher, and strangled by Welch and Pennington after “a matter of days,” according to a 29-page probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Craig County District Court.

Witnesses said Welch had photos depicting the teens “lying on a bed, facing each other, with their hands tied and their mouths gagged,” the affidavit states. In some photos, the affidavit states Welch was lying next to the teens.

The Polaroids were kept “like a ‘trophy’” and stored inside a leather briefcase to be passed around the ringleader's circle of drug dealers, the affidavit states.

The teens’ bodies are still missing. They are believed to be in a pit or mineshaft in the area known as the Tar Creek Superfund site in northeast Oklahoma or “dumped in a cellar that was later covered in concrete,” the affidavit states.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelates ... e928a.html

This is messed up dang
opi wrote:like i don't think it's possible for catullus to be duplicitous, whereas pretty much every other poster at the time struck me as having one foot in shinra
Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby clouds » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am

you can download the 33 page affidavit here. i read a lot of these and this is among the more disturbing.

it was basically solved by a private detective in a cowboy hat 18 years ago and all the evidence was just boxed up and never transferred to the new investigator when the old one retired. some real old keystone cops/bad movie shit.

no one would talk because they had been shown pictures of the girls bound and gagged by the murderers who had clearly gotten away with murder, rape and arson for years and were told the same would happen to them. terrifying.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/charges-and-a ... c1e99.html
clouds

Postby hoopdog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

That is some straight up True Detective S1 shit

Brutal
hoopdog
ride.

Postby Paul » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:47 pm

https://melmagazine.com/the-mystery-of-the-most-famous-missing-person-on-youtube-f3c347322315

On July 8, 2014, just after sunrise, 28-year-old Lars Mittank arrived at an airport in Bulgaria to catch his flight home to Germany. He stepped out of a taxi, picked up his bags and walked into the departures hall.

Then, in a flash, he ran out of the terminal, without his luggage, as if someone, or something, were chasing him. He looked frightened, paranoid and possessed. He stopped at the main entrance for a brief second before he ran across the parking lot, climbed over an 8-foot barbed-wire fence and disappeared into the woods and into the blank.

He was never seen again.

Paul

Postby Grey Poupon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 pm

hoopdog wrote:That is some straight up True Detective S1 shit

Brutal

Yeah all these interviews from 2001 where people are straight up saying the guys were speaking openly about murdering those girls and the parents.. meth deals gone bad, arson, paedophile glasses and mullets. What a shitshow.
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby marble » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 am

ATTN NORM & OTHERS

THEY'VE ALLEGEDLY ARRESTED EARONS, PRESS CONFERENCE TOMORROW !!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comment ... acramento/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EARONS/comment ... _tomorrow/

no idea about the validity of this tweet, but:

marble

Postby marble » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 am

apparently also the visalia ransacker, this is insane i can't even
marble

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:25 am

BTK level news right?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby marble » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:33 am

with a 100% dna match, yes. apparently happening 12 noon pst. unbelievable!
marble

Postby zach york » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 am

holy shit. I wonder if McNamara's work possibly led to a tip or something
zach york

Postby marble » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 am

the case got heaps of publicity in the last few years so i'm sure it all added up to someone putting two and two together. either that or law enforcement were just running DNA matches on as many databases as possible?
marble

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:11 am

Woah

Ted Pikul
DARE.

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....