The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:17 pm

I looked and it wasn't clear to me, which is why I asked jerk
REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:kenny, can't tell if you're joking or not
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Do I have to type out a fucking paragraph with every stage of what I do in between posts, jesus

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

edit eh sorry I was all annoyed, I was coming to the board with my own irl annoyances. Yr alright Trouble

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby trouble » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:34 pm

lol
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby trouble » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:35 pm

i'm gonna piss in your retron 5
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:50 pm

why would you do a mean think like that

I won't ever let you stay at my place then

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Is there a Kodi / Plex equivalent for organizing ROMs?
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm playing through Terranigma whch is my second Quintet game (I played through Illusion of Gaia a bunch as a kid). It's a lot more combat focused than I thought it would be (though tbf, so was Illusion of Gaia so I should have expected that) but the music is really beautiful and there's a crazy sense of sadness going though the entire game.

It actually reminds me a lot of Secret of Mana, minus the mulitplayer/AI characters and no magic. Plus the plot is understandale!

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby zamboni » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 pm

no-intro is a group that does romsets without broken roms, like new dumps of roms from official carts/discs

cylum is good if you want all the good translations and import stuff https://thepiratebay.org/search/cylum/0/99/0
zamboni

Postby gambra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Yeah no-intro is a verification group, back in the day groups that used to rip games would put their shitty cracktro music at the start hence modifying the original games. No-Intro just means it's a straight dump of the game and not been modded in any way.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:34 am

Ah okay. Huh, I don't think I ever ran into a rom with an intro. Must have been playing some of these guys games and not knowing it

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby gambra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 am

It hasn't really been an issue in years aide from a few random case, the GBA ROMs used to be infested with them.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby trouble » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 am

oh god GBA Rom intros were ridiculously obnoxious

GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby jca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 am

think this winter im gonna get into pc-engine games. theres a pack in that archive link zamboni posted. really wish i could find an (easy to use) emulator for pc-98 that thing is sweet

jca

Postby ill murray » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Kenny wrote:Dang, what's the name? I'm up in Manchester for my birthday and may have to swing over

It's just called Arcade Club, I'm going down again this weekend! There's high score competitions on Friday nights where they highlight new machines every week with prizes to be won,
ill murray

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 am

I got £20 in my paypal account from selling other games.... may splash out on a Final Fantasy 6 cart

Edit: Done. Luckily I'm going home in November so I don't even have to pay for international shipping so it only cost me £15 extra B-)

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 am

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby broodstar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:53 pm

anyone have a list of fan translations or rly deep dives for emulated systems

stuff like shining force 3, fe4-6;12, luminous arc 3. im wondering what im missing from having only played officially released games in the west

also this game is baller https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Force
broodstar

Postby trouble » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:21 am

attention Kenny
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby Kenny » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:27 am

That's dope, they should get mario karters on the track to shoot stuff at you.

I need to finish Sonic Mania, I only have 2 areas left

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby trouble » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 am

the second to last level might be the best level in the game and I don't usually like mechanical/factory levels. it's dope as shit.
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby Kenny » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:19 am

Wow the boss of that 1st Metallic area is terrible. Slow AND insta deaths!

I don't know, Sonic Mania is easily the best Sonic since 3, but a lot of the boss battles are boring and I feel like they built the levels for big fans of the series so you'll be happy to know that you have to jump at this spot or lose all your rings, because you'll be playing it long enough to memorize it for speed runs

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby trouble » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 am

i feel like the game does a good job of foretelling hazards in this game more than others. granted i played it a lot but I'm not speedrunner and didn't even know how to do the drop dash on my first playthrough. yes prior knowledge helps (which is why i liked the act 1 of metallic madness and the oil ocean final boss) and that is definitely the games biggest weakness when trying to appeal to non-sonic fans.

it's fine that people hate that kind of strident adherence to the past as it makes the games more niche. But for people in that niche (either through nostalgia or curiosity) it is mostly appreciated. We wouldn't have something like the original La-Mulana in that case and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

They should have fixed those rotating blocks glitches in Chemical Plant though. The original devs of Sonic 2 would fix that if they could.
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby trouble » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 am

tip for MM boss if it's giving you trouble: on the second part robotnik appear on every 4th drop of the pistons. I've played through that part like six times now and I feel the pistons never drop side by side in a way you'll get trapped so you can usually side move to the side of one without being in danger. Might be wrong on this but I never died on that boss because of it.
GET LIVE, SAM
trouble
ride.

Postby Kenny » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:45 am

It's not that there's hazards that bug me it's like you wait forever to "go fast" and then as soon as you do you have to know that they put an enemy right after the 3rd loop or you're gonna lose all your rings. And it's like that for almost every part where you go fast. I don't feel like the original sonics did that. To me it's for big Sonic fans who have had the old levels memorized for decades and now want a bunch of new levels ot memorize. I'm fine with that, it will make the game better for them, and it doesn't make it really that difficult for me, you can always gete enough rings back. It's just kind of boring to have constant ring number checks because you haven't played the level 10 times before. It doesn't feel like I'm playing the game bad, it just feels like I don't have it memorized.

I only played through the MM boss twice:

The first time I went all the way to the right to a little doorway and a piston dropped down on me and insta killed me before the fight even started

The second time I went through the long yet easy bit of waiting for a piston to drop and hoping it was near enough to you to hit Robotnik in it, then the first time the pistons came up from the ground I didn't react fast enough and it insta killed me. Then I knew I had to do the whole long easy part again just to get a chance to practice moving when the pistons come up again, and if I messed up one more time I'd have to do the whole area's two levels over again

Eh

I dunno, I love that they made this game and it's a good Sonic game in 2017 but I think I still like Sonic 2 the best.

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby jca » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:53 pm

this retropie was stupid easy to set up. rondo of blood :rock:
jca

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 am

I got all my loose carts in a muji crate:

Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby dogshower » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 am

thats beautiful tbh ^^^

i was going to buy the classic but there are some games i need that are not on there. tetris attack anyone?
JUMP
dogshower

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All