LONDON THREAD

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Computer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm

okay, there seemed to be enough people in that other thread to give this a shot. post fried chicken/supermarket cider/eel & mash recs. here.

so whereabouts are you guys? i'm in clapton, trying to work up the enthusiasm for lemonade next week, also julianna barwick at cafe oto next month.
Computer

Postby black drum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 pm

going to see friends in london for new years, looking forward to it.

black drum
Maritime Lawyer

Postby all day breakfast » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Currently back and forth between Dulwich and Norwich. Yesterday I saw a middle-aged woman angrily kick the side of an Ocado van as the driver was visibly trying to calm her down.

all day breakfast

Postby badminton » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:32 pm

I have a job interview in London week after next. Job would be perfect, but i don't think i could stomach living in London.

badminton

Postby Computer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm

today i saw a confused ocado guy delivering to a squat.
Computer

Postby Seamus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Anything fun happening on the 11th November? I've got a flight from Gatwick at 9 in the morning and I think partying would be a better option then sleeping overnight in the airport
Thanks, admin.

Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

monkey d stiltzkin wrote:pure poppycock from Seamus yet again

Seamus

Postby badminton » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

It looks like i'll be getting this job and subsequently moving to London. Where should i be looking at that's a 30 odd minute commute from Oxford Circus? I'm thinking north-east (Hackney, Stoke Newington), but i really don't have much clue. Is gumtree the best place for finding house shares in London?

badminton

Postby seriesfinale » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Any crackas from Earlsfield/Wandsworth or thereabouts here?

seriesfinale

Postby gallits » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm

My bro has just moved from Woolwich to Deptford. Going to see Charlton Athletic for £5 on Saturday woo.

The best place to get fried chicken in Woolwich and possibly the world is Philly J's.

gallits

Postby Computer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:40 pm

oh shit i completely forgot about this thread. badminton yeah, you should probably live in hackney, there's a lot of good stuff here, it's leafy and pretty much everything that isn't mare street/kingsland road/homerton/hackney wick is really nice. stoke newington, dalston and victoria park are the nicest areas but they're expensive as hell, so if you're on a budget it's probably a good idea to move someplace like clapton or stamford hill, still really close (and still gentrifying at a terrifying rate) but more affordable. the good areas to the north are generally crazy expensive, anything southeast of hackney I personally wouldn't know that much about (but I know there are boarders from stratford and bow somewhere around), also i've always found west london to basically be the fast track to surrey but i could just know the wrong people.

I know hackney really well, though, so if you want advice on any specific area drop me a pm or something.
Computer

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

gallits wrote:My bro has just moved from Woolwich to Deptford. Going to see Charlton Athletic for £5 on Saturday woo.

Could've gone with but I'm seeing Fulham at the same time.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:52 pm

badminton wrote:It looks like i'll be getting this job and subsequently moving to London. Where should i be looking at that's a 30 odd minute commute from Oxford Circus? I'm thinking north-east (Hackney, Stoke Newington), but i really don't have much clue. Is gumtree the best place for finding house shares in London?

I'm in Leyton and I think it's cheaper than Hackney and better connected. It's nowhere near as cool though; I generally prefer nights out in Hackney and gawping at the hot hipster girls in the Cock Tavern and Clapton Hart.
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.

Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby Potty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Mostly end up in Shoreditch on a night out, though.
Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚Started from the bottom (US) now we're here (UK)

NOTICE: I do not own, nor am I owned. Stop trying to drag me into your FUCKED UP hegemony ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Potty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby all day breakfast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Accidentally trod on a piece of art worth several thousand pounds at Frieze and ended up sneaking into this for free, interesting saturday.

all day breakfast

Postby boa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

badminton wrote:It looks like i'll be getting this job and subsequently moving to London. Where should i be looking at that's a 30 odd minute commute from Oxford Circus? I'm thinking north-east (Hackney, Stoke Newington), but i really don't have much clue. Is gumtree the best place for finding house shares in London?

what job is this? HMV?

edit: did you get my voicemail about the mario smash football tournament?
how many mice do we rip on the daily

boa

Postby pocket shepherd » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:17 pm

london gives me the fear a bit. the underground is horrendous. i'm having a panic attack thinking about it.

pocket shepherd
ok

Postby Potty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm

I almost passed out on a platform on Saturday. I was pretty hung over, it was really crowded, hot as fuck and there was no air and I was listening to a This American Life about a girl who got bit by a shark and puss was filling her lungs and she was throwing up bile and I had to lean against the wall and quickly sit.

GOOD TIMES.

I'm just really glad I live near enough to Mile End station to walk over when the District is closed, the past 2 weeks the Central line has been the only line through the East End. fuccccccccccced

NOTICE: I do not own, nor am I owned. Stop trying to drag me into your FUCKED UP hegemony ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Potty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby Computer » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm

if the guard at highbury & islington overground wasn't seemingly there for like 22 hours a day he'd definitely board here.
Computer

Postby gallits » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Lucky wrote:
gallits wrote:My bro has just moved from Woolwich to Deptford. Going to see Charlton Athletic for £5 on Saturday woo.

Fulham suck dick. I'm seeing Ricardo Fuller.

gallits

Postby gallits » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Anyone else like to sit at the front of the DLR and pretend you are on a roller coaster?

gallits

Postby badminton » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for the advice Computer. I'll probably send you a pm when i have more of an idea what i'm doing.

Check pm's, boa,

badminton

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 pm

gallits wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Fulham suck dick. I'm seeing Ricardo Fuller.

lol. We're still gonna see Newcastle there right?
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby gallits » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm

one day

gallits

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:08 pm

SATURDAY 8TH DECEMBER IS THAT DAY

Lucky

Postby danslog » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

Lucky wrote:SATURDAY 8TH DECEMBER IS THAT DAY

SEE YOU THERE!!!

Londoner signing in! :)

danslog

Postby Potty » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:12 am

Bump

Lot of snow today, isn't it???

I was on a district line at Mile End that was cancelled because of a fire in all this snow.

Potty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby impalebot » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 pm

I'm in town for a week starting tomorrow for my graduation/seeing my fiance. I'll be pissed if the snow fucks up my flights.

impalebot

Postby Potty » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:35 pm

It's probably going to, I remember last year it hardly snowed and Heathrow was closed for ages.

Potty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Postby danslog » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:40 pm

people should use this thread more!

London's been proper depressing this winter I swear...

danslog

Postby Potty » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:27 am

Where is the best spot in London if you want to go to Shoreditch but when you get there you feel a bit too old

Potty
P-Nut's biggest fan

Next

Return to Aguachile Alley