Norm MacDonald's live podcast

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby Daft Pun » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:38 pm

seinfeld has amazing contempt for the fans that made him successful, IMO. some bootstrap, self-made man, horatio alger vibe
Daft Pun

Postby clwon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 pm

aka piss chalet aka Mercedes Benzo
clwon
business is very food

Postby marble » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:58 pm

best episode since super dave for sure

lost it at the "the doctor said she's more virus than host at this point" line outta nowhere
bingo wrote:Suit by Dior, bag by Tesco
marble

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Daft Pun wrote:seinfeld has amazing contempt for the fans that made him successful, IMO. some bootstrap, self-made man, horatio alger vibe

He really seemed like a dick.
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby grayfox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:24 pm

him smacking the water bottle across the room also got me.
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby Bartatua » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 pm

"What age did jesus die at? 33, which is also the number of vertebrae human beings have..."

"So far this sounds like a coincidence."
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby good news » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:
Daft Pun wrote:that reminds me that they didn't do any jokes at the end of the interview WTF

This is usually my favorite part and he seems to be skipping it a bunch. Would like to see a Supercut of these.

good news

Postby good news » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 pm

marble wrote:best episode since super dave for sure

:? So there have literally been no better episodes than the first episode til now?

Off the top of my head, Stephen Merchant, Nick Swardsen, Billy Bob Thornton, Fred Stoller, Fred Willard, Larry King, Gilbert Gottfried are all way better and funnier than Carrey throwing water on himself and spouting embarrassing oblivious trash wikipedia philosophy.
good news

Postby MikeyJ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:17 pm

what's your philosophy, good news?
Do you think anyone but the most pretentious aristocrats could have felt that way before we trapped music in vinyl? I doubt it.
MikeyJ

Postby good news » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:23 pm

lol
good news

Postby marble » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:32 pm

good news wrote:
marble wrote:best episode since super dave for sure

:? So there have literally been no better episodes than the first episode til now?

Off the top of my head, Stephen Merchant, Nick Swardsen, Billy Bob Thornton, Fred Stoller, Fred Willard, Larry King, Gilbert Gottfried are all way better and funnier than Carrey throwing water on himself and spouting embarrassing oblivious trash wikipedia philosophy.

i'm not saying it's good because of the bullshit high school philosophy garbage, but because it's entertaining and fun and off the rails? maybe it's just that the recent season has sucked comparatively and this episode felt more like the earlier ones?

also not sure how gilbert gottfried mocking disabled people for 2+ hours makes that episode better than this one but whatever
bingo wrote:Suit by Dior, bag by Tesco
marble

Postby good news » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Yeah, I think recall probably warps the reality of the GG one, I did get some big laughs out of the Carrey ep. Just seemed weird to be like the show hasn't lived up to the pilot until now. But you know we're not really here, these episodes don't even exist!
good news

Postby bort » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Was it a bandit?
big nipples , big life
bort

Postby Bartatua » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 pm

good news wrote:Yeah, I think recall probably warps the reality of the GG one, I did get some big laughs out of the Carrey ep. Just seemed weird to be like the show hasn't lived up to the pilot until now. But you know we're not really here, these episodes don't even exist!

i dont know if theres really any doubt that the pilot is the best
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby inspectorhound » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:05 pm

bombastic funny man + mystic bro is truly the worst combination of identities in a person
inspectorhound

Postby grayfox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 pm

marble wrote:i'm not saying it's good because of the bullshit high school philosophy garbage, but because it's entertaining and fun and off the rails? maybe it's just that the recent season has sucked comparatively and this episode felt more like the earlier ones?

i agree with marble. i just tuned out the shit he was saying and didn't take it seriously. but just enjoyed how the entire show was completely off the rails the entire time. it's more fun to watch shit like this than him seriously interviewing people.

i think the kevin nealon episode is my favorite
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby fuckles » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

dude kept getting cut off by carrey's attempt to win over/flirt with the crew. it was annoying. i wanted to hear the albert fish joke again. norm's delivery on the curling joke was fantastic and carrey was just in his own head not paying attention.

anyway i enjoyed the interview
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby patrick cokane? » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 pm

:roll:
inspectorhound wrote:bombastic funny man + mystic bro is truly the worst combination of identities in a person

what about rapist and murderer?
patrick cokane?
ok

Postby OKterrific » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Carrey is annoying but this was the first legitimately good episode of the season
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby worrywort » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 pm

are you stuck on binary?
worrywort

Postby Gnarls » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 pm

grayfox wrote:the kevin nealon episode is my favorite
Gnarls

Postby can » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm

there are some great episodes. i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

like i can't see him doing some shit like this to jim carrey
can

Postby Shart Damage » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:51 am

can wrote:i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

this is true...i feel like Norm used to carry the show a lot more which of course meant the episodes were funnier

like so many of the best moments come from him steering the conversation into a bizarre, dragged out bit of some sort and that's become way rarer in this latest season especially

the Fred Stoller episode has remained my favorite because it's just crammed with stuff that makes me laugh like an idiot, pretty much all courtesy of Norm
Shart Damage

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 am

Can anyone shed some light on the fact that Michael Cera was in the audience?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby uncleoswald » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 am

Shart Damage wrote:
can wrote:i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

this is true...i feel like Norm used to carry the show a lot more which of course meant the episodes were funnier

this is a good observation. i was thinking the same during the jim carrey episode, but i was trying to balance that with, well jim carrey probably overshadows the host in every interview. makes me respect gilbert gottfried even more, now that i'm thinking about it.
uncleoswald

Postby OKterrific » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am

can wrote:there are some great episodes. i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

like i can't see him doing some shit like this to jim carrey

most uncomfortable moment ever was when Glass made a joke in the middle of the Albert Fish story and Norm, in his most dead serious tone, looks at him and goes "Aw, cmon"
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby nite69 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:Can anyone shed some light on the fact that Michael Cera was in the audience?

the show is run by jash now, which michael cera is a founding member of
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 am

Does he do a Cera interview?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby goofjan grievens » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 am

Fred Willard is one of the best episodes because it has "Who Jackie?"
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan grievens

Postby Classic Water » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:43 am

Jim seems to care an awful lot for money and attention for a fella with "literally no ego". I could feel his irritation that Norm wasn't biting about what the River of Tears meant
Classic Water

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All