Norm MacDonald's live podcast

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby inspectorhound » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:05 pm

bombastic funny man + mystic bro is truly the worst combination of identities in a person
inspectorhound

Postby grayfox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:14 pm

marble wrote:i'm not saying it's good because of the bullshit high school philosophy garbage, but because it's entertaining and fun and off the rails? maybe it's just that the recent season has sucked comparatively and this episode felt more like the earlier ones?

i agree with marble. i just tuned out the shit he was saying and didn't take it seriously. but just enjoyed how the entire show was completely off the rails the entire time. it's more fun to watch shit like this than him seriously interviewing people.

i think the kevin nealon episode is my favorite
grayfox
the foxiest

Postby fuckles » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:16 pm

dude kept getting cut off by carrey's attempt to win over/flirt with the crew. it was annoying. i wanted to hear the albert fish joke again. norm's delivery on the curling joke was fantastic and carrey was just in his own head not paying attention.

anyway i enjoyed the interview
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.
fuckles

Postby patrick cokane? » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 pm

:roll:
inspectorhound wrote:bombastic funny man + mystic bro is truly the worst combination of identities in a person

what about rapist and murderer?
patrick cokane?
ok

Postby OKterrific » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 pm

Carrey is annoying but this was the first legitimately good episode of the season
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby worrywort » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:47 pm

are you stuck on binary?
worrywort

Postby Gnarls » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 pm

grayfox wrote:the kevin nealon episode is my favorite
Gnarls

Postby can » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm

there are some great episodes. i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

like i can't see him doing some shit like this to jim carrey
isobel wrote:haha faggots
can

Postby Shart Damage » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:51 am

can wrote:i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

this is true...i feel like Norm used to carry the show a lot more which of course meant the episodes were funnier

like so many of the best moments come from him steering the conversation into a bizarre, dragged out bit of some sort and that's become way rarer in this latest season especially

the Fred Stoller episode has remained my favorite because it's just crammed with stuff that makes me laugh like an idiot, pretty much all courtesy of Norm
Shart Damage

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 am

Can anyone shed some light on the fact that Michael Cera was in the audience?
the skeleton is doing standup comedy
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby uncleoswald » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:22 am

Shart Damage wrote:
can wrote:i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

this is true...i feel like Norm used to carry the show a lot more which of course meant the episodes were funnier

this is a good observation. i was thinking the same during the jim carrey episode, but i was trying to balance that with, well jim carrey probably overshadows the host in every interview. makes me respect gilbert gottfried even more, now that i'm thinking about it.
uncleoswald

Postby OKterrific » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am

can wrote:there are some great episodes. i think part of the latest season not being as great is due to norm not being able to mock some of the shittier aspects of the recent bigger guests.

like i can't see him doing some shit like this to jim carrey

most uncomfortable moment ever was when Glass made a joke in the middle of the Albert Fish story and Norm, in his most dead serious tone, looks at him and goes "Aw, cmon"
mcwop23 wrote:no need for lame earnest dad posts
OKterrific
our rachel maddow

Postby nite » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

Kwisatz Haderach wrote:Can anyone shed some light on the fact that Michael Cera was in the audience?

the show is run by jash now, which michael cera is a founding member of
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 am

Does he do a Cera interview?
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby goofjan grievens » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 am

Fred Willard is one of the best episodes because it has "Who Jackie?"
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan grievens

Postby Classic Water » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:43 am

Jim seems to care an awful lot for money and attention for a fella with "literally no ego". I could feel his irritation that Norm wasn't biting about what the River of Tears meant
Classic Water

Postby nice pass » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:54 pm

this season sucks
nice pass
ok

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:26 pm

I didn't care for Jim breaking the stuff on set.
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby denvermax » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:29 pm

From this season Dave Letterman, Jerry Seinfeld, Mike Tyson, and Jim Carrey have all been good to great.
denvermax

Postby Daft Pun » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm

tommy lee jones was right
Daft Pun

Postby goofjan grievens » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Unsanctioned Buffoonery: The Jim Carrey Story
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan grievens

Postby Daft Pun » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:13 pm

the guy tells you he hates you and you pull a seat up to the table. it's not funny
Daft Pun

Postby Kwisatz Haderach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I did feel bad that Tommy Lee Jones hated him.
Kwisatz Haderach

Postby Big Gay Baby » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:14 am

Isn't Jim Carrey on the record for having bipolar? I get the feeling he's chucked his medication
Big Gay Baby

Postby defective » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Obvious statement, but Carrey has completely gone off the rails in the last ten years, give or take. Started (or I first noticed) with the Jenny McCarthy thing and then moved onto his girlfriend committing suicide and some awful awful things coming out in the court case for that and then Comedians in Cars and now this where he is completely in his own world and spouting simulation and vitamins nonsense. I honestly never want to watch him on anything again. He hasn't said or done any new material in a very very long time. If you watch the interview again (you shouldn't), you'll notice that every ten minutes he gets further and further into himself and completely ignores Norm. He pretends to be enlightened and then the ego is unleashed literally minutes later. How has there not been a longform investigative piece about his beliefs and the cadre of wackos he has surrounded himself with (and how it actively hurts people who might listen to his theories)? He's one degree of separation from reptilian conspiracy theories.

Depressed is DEEP REST man.

Fuck that shit.

On a positive note, oddly enough, this was the episode that Norm was on his toes, totally engaged and not on Xanax.
defective

Postby Bartatua » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Classic Water wrote:Jim seems to care an awful lot for money and attention for a fella with "literally no ego". I could feel his irritation that Norm wasn't biting about what the River of Tears meant

Noticed this too
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby can » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 pm

i honestly can't imagine that norm doesn't think jim carrey's slapstick humor is dumb and him not being able to make fun of it or carrey's belief system that he could barely articulate was kind of disappointing.

the jokes about the spine and jesus being a coincidence and some guy reading the word "depressed" and coming up with "deep rest" were really good and subtle, but i just wanted way more of that. i still liked the episode overall though.
isobel wrote:haha faggots
can

Postby trouble » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 pm

jim carrey is annoying and most of the movies he made suck absolute shit
My new signature!
trouble

Postby wildarms » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:50 am

every once in a while i check this thread to make sure something non-depressing didn’t happen on the show and i missed it

i really don’t understand their show-booking strategy
wildarms

Postby worrywort » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:26 pm

they book comedians to be interviewed by fellow comedian norm MACdonald
worrywort

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All