Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 am

I originally played it on an R4 cart and thought all the videos played were really bad because I was playing a pirated version and then got the real game and nope the cutscene videos are just artifacted to hell
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 am

I buy physically, so I just go to amazon. You can buy digitally, of course, but it's Nintendo so it's always full price until you get a 10% sale that's still more expensive than the physical cart on Amazon
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby camping » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 am

ratbag wrote:Okay I'll get it but what hecks fortnite bud

Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby Guy Incognito » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm

will someone tell me why Ark installs giant damn updates every single day? this is getting out of control
wendy wrote:It is not dank
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:04 pm

ratbag wrote:guys i love...metal gear solid the phantom pain

Hell yeah o/
Esteban

Postby Esteban » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Guy Incognito wrote:will someone tell me why Ark installs giant damn updates every single day? this is getting out of control

Bad habits on the devs part gained from being in early access for so long
Esteban

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:I'll be sure to share my thoughts

spinning it up now

if the galaxy map music is decent, it'll have been worth it
Ferrous Bueller

Postby Marcus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 pm

fuck, i miss that music
Marcus

Postby Marcus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

(still won't touch andromeda tho)
Marcus

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 pm

As soon as we arrived in Andromeda, our shop scraped against some space tendrils, causing us to lose gravity for 10 seconds while eliciting no real reaction from any of the characters

lol
Ferrous Bueller

Postby lunatic96 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 am

Has anyone played Universal Paperclips? It's a surprisingly deep clicker game. I don't necessarily know if it was "fun" to play, but it was definitely very interesting.

http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/
lunatic96

Postby Kenny » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:00 am

I started playing it but the idea that I had to figure out optimal price and constantly raise or lower the prices I'm selling at undercut the fun for me.
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby miss black america » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 am

basically keep public interest above 50% until you get the thing that tells you sales per second and then always adjust to be making slightly more than you're selling

2 days on and i'm dogfighting in space
hahaha mad me chuckle that
miss black america

Postby jca » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:27 am

man there are so many good games out. its nuts!
jca

Postby iambic » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 pm

do we need to do a GTA intervention for generic
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

it's get swamped in schoolwork time for me and naturally that means procrastination time

=> i don't "get" atelier sophie. or gust games, apparently
broodstar

Postby whatabout tim » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 pm

iambic wrote:do we need to do a GTA intervention for generic

Nah, racing is legit in GTA.
tim
whatabout tim

Postby broodstar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm

also this is probably very much not the right thread but did everyone give up on the gwent train

seems like viewership numbers are a fraction of what they once were

amazing i spent $60 on it and i've pirated many better games
broodstar

Postby Peptobysmal » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Took a break from DOS2 to playthrough Shadowrun Hong Kong. Excellent game, I dunno why I slept on it so long after Dragonfall. Are they gonna do another one of these?
Peptobysmal

Postby BlackSugar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:16 pm

this is a surprisingly fun and interesting read
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby Marcus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:28 pm

BlackSugar wrote:Image

yeah i liked it, some good background on development
Marcus

Postby Pashmina » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 pm

broodstar wrote:it's get swamped in schoolwork time for me and naturally that means procrastination time

=> i don't "get" atelier sophie. or gust games, apparently

i dont think there's much to "get" in gust games, they usually aren't too good

i dont think the atelier games are bad but i also dont think there's anything else that's really like them. i dunno. maybe there is.
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby chairkicker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:56 pm

fuck, i've wanted transform races forever. i'll get on at some point
chairkicker

Postby jca » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm

pretty sick evil within 2 impression from dusk golem

Code: Select all
I decided to write this review a bit early for those on the fence here on the day of release, but I plan to write a more proper review later once I've finished the game. So I've played this game for 9 & a half hours at this point, and barely just finished Chapter 4 (of 15+ chapters). First hour and a half was taking it slow and exploring around in the first two chapters, the next six & a half hours was Chapter 3 and doing EVERYTHING you could in the open world level, 30-45 minutes was committed to me doing the special shooting gallery minigames added to the Save Area once you reach Chapter 4 and getting all the rewards, and then the last 45-60 minutes was going through Chapter 4.

I should mention I'm playing on Nightmare difficulty, and playing with almost all my HUD off. Only things I kept on were my reticle, item pick-up info, and some stuff for later like partner health gauge. The game started off REALLY challenging on Nightmare, I was getting my ass handed to me during all of Chapter 2 and the start of Chapter 3, but I really got a handle of it. I managed to kill every single enemy in Chapter 3, mostly with stealth. Learned a few techniques. I explored every inch of Chapter 3, there is a LOT hidden in it. The side-quests are the obvious ones, but they've literally littered the town with so many interesting things off the beaten path. I'll get back to this.

There is so much I want to say, but I don't really know where to start. Firstly, as a horror enthusiast, this is a REALLY neat horror game. On paper and at first it seems pretty basic, but it slowly reveals it has a lot more up its sleeve. I want to say so much, but I also feel I shouldn't to keep most of it a surprise for others who decide to dig into it. All I'll say is if you don't explore Chapter 3 you're doing yourself a huge disservice, there's literally so many fun, interesting, and unique scenarios to find, and not even just in the side-quests. There's also 5 hidden levels of sorts which are worth finding and experiencing in my opinion among everything, and some do some neat things and touches in the game, like there's this ghost woman who if you do her side-quest will begin to haunt you through the whole game, but will not haunt you if you don't do the side-quest..

To be honest I wasn't really sure what to think of it all at first. Chapter 1 & 2 for a example while I was playing I wasn't quite sure what I thought of it, though in retrospective there was a lot of really cool moments, one of my favorites being when you look down a dark corridor with your flashlight and a giant strange black and white fuzzy eye is staring back at you, then blinks and disappears. The game has so many creative touches if you look around and interact with things. And I began to love it more and more as I played Chapter 3, at the start still uncertain but as I began to get into the groove of it I began to love it.

You can tell the team behind this are very passionate for horror and horror games and had a lot of fun making this, it's full of so many small touches everywhere, it's got so much love for other horror stuff. Chapter 2 is in many ways almost like some pseudo walking sim horror game like Layers of Fear is what it reminded me most of, then Chapter 3 experiments with all sorts of things all over the map, and Chapter 4 has some fun with a unique take on defenseless first-person horror, but with reasoning that makes more sense than usual. But things are paced well to not only keep you on your toes but keep things interesting, and feed well into each other so far.

Chapter 3 I think some people will have a gut reaction to dislike the open world chapter it is on principle and initial impressions, and to be honest I wasn't sure what to think at first myself, but it is incredibly unique and begins to become very immersive, interesting, and fun to explore as you go through it. It's NOT an empty open world by any means, literally every area is intentionally designed with no randomized features, and it's better for it. It's basically a giant horror amusement part with surprises tucked away into every corner, if you'll look for them, and a lot of twists and turns as you dig deeper into the overworld and a lot of interesting, fun, and tense scenarios packs into every area of the map almost.

Despite the fact I've played this game for nearly 10 hours now, I'm still fairly early in. There's a lot more I want to say but kind of also just want to discuss, and then plan to play a lot more tomorrow. I'm finding now that I'm done playing for now I can't stop thinking about this game. I feel like this game is a very different beast than the first game, I'm not sure everyone who loved the first game will love this one even and some people who didn't really like the first game may end up loving this (it still is tellable it's The Evil Within and made by the same team, but they have made some very bold decisions and tried some very different things design wise which kind of makes The Evil Within all at once reminds of several things, and yet feel rather unique on its own, kind of like the original game but in a completely different way).I can already tell this game is going to go on at the very least to become a cult classic with some sectors of horror fans, it's surprisingly unique in many ways and if you let it, it can really begin growing on you.
jca

Postby chairkicker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm

steam literally just finished installing the evil within 2. i can't wait
chairkicker

Postby broodstar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:03 pm

i just realized this is still set to release on tuesday. for some reason i thought it got delayed. looks good to me

german/polish reviews seem ok, praise as largest piranha world since gothic 2 or some such

but it's also a 36gb install plus piranha skepticism
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Marcus wrote:
BlackSugar wrote:Image

yeah i liked it, some good background on development

yeah, it was nice. i wish he'd broken out of the same story format a little more, and been a little more critical/skeptical around some of the mythologies of game development that get tossed around—i feel like it'd be pretty easy to read many of the chapters as being arguments in favor of crunch, since so many of them kinda go with this "but, despite all odds, through sheer human endeavor, They Pulled It Out" thing
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby BlackSugar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:52 pm

internetstrange wrote:i feel like it'd be pretty easy to read many of the chapters as being arguments in favor of crunch, since so many of them kinda go with this "but, despite all odds, through sheer human endeavor, They Pulled It Out" thing

this is an interesting point and one that I've been thinking of while I read it. he does glamorize the idea of working 14+ hours a day for weeks and months at a time. and because of my struggles with parenting, it makes me sad for those who have families and are all 'welp see ya in fall'. I know this isn't exclusive to the gaming industry but I always bristle when I read things that seemingly admire a relentless death march of work
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar
COMING SOON

Postby G_S » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:57 pm

should I play evil wthin number one? new one sounds cool
G_S

Postby chairkicker » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:15 pm

yes you should
chairkicker

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.