creeping inside pyramids and stuff

def my favourite one since the rome one
no buddy not really
aububs

Postby goofysdeadwife69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:17 am

yeah this owned thx
goofysdeadwife69
Was Raised Christian

Location: GIVE :CLAP: YOUR :CLAP: MONEY :CLAP: TO :CLAP: LIMP :CLAP: DICK :CLAP: SISSIES :CLAP:

Postby goofysdeadwife69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am

i've had really had no idea what i want to play since getting back home might as well just give into this nine inch nails kick and play some quake.
goofysdeadwife69
Was Raised Christian

Location: GIVE :CLAP: YOUR :CLAP: MONEY :CLAP: TO :CLAP: LIMP :CLAP: DICK :CLAP: SISSIES :CLAP:

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

that article is fantastic and im prob gonna shell out the money for the entirety of rocket jump

wish there was a physical copy/published version
Marcus

Postby generic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:44 pm

well

generic

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 pm

the f2p battle royale mode, not the tower defense mode
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
nite69

Postby OGRE » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Arturo wrote:How's the split screen play in Divinity OS?

Wanted something to play with my gf.

Bit late but if you're still curious I started this the other day with my girlfriend and we've both been having a blast. She's been getting mad at me when I say we gotta go to bed because we've somehow played 3-4 hours in a row just walking through the town and interacting with the environment / goofing around.

I'd say if you both have an interest in CRPGs it's about the best experience you can have in local multiplayer. You can play it so that it utilizes the whole screen and you're both confined to the same space but we've just had the "forced split-screen" option (changeable on the fly) going the whole time so while I'm out looking for skill books and intimidating NPCs for gold she can dig up graves / talk to animals / steal everything she can get her hands on. There's a pretty cute dialogue system too that lets you interact together after key events/quests and allows both of you to choose options in how quests are ultimately handled, resulting in a game of rock paper scissors if you find yourself on opposite sides.

It's really silly and really light hearted in its presentation and world building but it's all really strong and a great deviation from a lot of games that are going for a more grim self-serious tone. Whether its humour will be your cup of tea or not isn't something I can determine, but I think the gleefully absurdist approach works really well especially when you have two people going wild with the huge wealth of interactions in the world which inherently tends to lean the game towards something more playful in the first place.

Controls are good on controller and the tutorial makes sure to go over everything in a pretty thorough way while not babying you too much while you go through the optional tutorial dungeon or wander the first couple areas, and combat is pretty intuitive as long as you have a little bit of experience with turn based combat. My girlfriend has seen me play a bunch of RPGs and played through Grimoire with me but this is her first time actually controlling one and she's found it to be inviting despite her only game experience being old DOS adventure games a decade ago.

It also allows for a lot of experimentation; talents like healing when standing in pools of blood, casting rain spells only to zap the puddles and stun enemies, lighting poison clouds on fire and so forth, all of which work exceptionally well when you are cooperating with another human being rather than concocting strategies yourself. It feels pretty amazing to coordinate an attack on a much higher enemy and work out a strategy together and laugh when things go wrong and fuckin cheer when you finally muscle through the overwhelming odds.

Only thing to mention is I'm not sure if you're on PC or console, but if you're on PC you'll need two controllers because the interface changes pretty drastically and doesn't support M+KB and controller at the same time. But yeah, hearty recommendation from someone currently going through the game in a similar situation. We love it so far.
Last edited by OGRE on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dark wave creeping
OGRE

Postby Pashmina » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

TERRIBLE LIE! wrote:i've had really had no idea what i want to play since getting back home might as well just give into this nine inch nails kick and play some quake.

Does the steam version have the soundtrack?

I still have the og demo CD which does have it as well as the entire game if u crack it
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby OGRE » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Pashmina wrote:
TERRIBLE LIE! wrote:i've had really had no idea what i want to play since getting back home might as well just give into this nine inch nails kick and play some quake.

Does the steam version have the soundtrack?

I still have the og demo CD which does have it as well as the entire game if u crack it

Can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure I had to manually add the OST myself when I played it a while back. That said, there should be some steam guides that link directly to the files and walk you through the process in an accessible way.
dark wave creeping
OGRE

Postby camping » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

nite69 wrote:i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly

agreed! i basically stopped playing overwatch because of it
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby tonybricker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I have been thoroughly enjoying Shadow of War, I'm barely doing any story stuff because I enjoy all the open world activities so much

edit: I just thought about it for a while longer and one of the best things about this game is the skill tree. There is a huge variety of options and it really allows you to adapt your characters strengths to how you want to play the game. Im all about range+stealth+immobilizing but it would be totally possible to play more like a melee berserker or beastmaster or a tank or an explosives guy (as far as I know there is no skill tree cap/level cap so eventually I might be be all the things)

the level of interactivity with the environment is also fantastic, I think it even surpasses Horizon Zero Dawn, which I loved. For anybody who has played both, is it better than Assassin's Creed?
Last edited by tonybricker on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonybricker

Postby john plainman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

i can't believe i'm being tempted to buy an assassins creed game
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 pm

tony, ive played both and AC Origins is better by imo a considerable margin

Shadow of War was fun but AC was a sick step forward for the series
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Postby boonie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 pm

So Dying Light is getting a Battle Royale [sort of] mode too.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-unve ... e-in-2018/

https://dyinglightgame.com/badblood/
boonie
the saddest magpie

Postby Arturo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm

OGRE wrote:
Arturo wrote:How's the split screen play in Divinity OS?

Wanted something to play with my gf.

Bit late but if you're still curious I started this the other day with my girlfriend and we've both been having a blast. She's been getting mad at me when I say we gotta go to bed because we've somehow played 3-4 hours in a row just walking through the town and interacting with the environment / goofing around.

I'd say if you both have an interest in CRPGs it's about the best experience you can have in local multiplayer. You can play it so that it utilizes the whole screen and you're both confined to the same space but we've just had the "forced split-screen" option (changeable on the fly) going the whole time so while I'm out looking for skill books and intimidating NPCs for gold she can dig up graves / talk to animals / steal everything she can get her hands on. There's a pretty cute dialogue system too that lets you interact together after key events/quests and allows both of you to choose options in how quests are ultimately handled, resulting in a game of rock paper scissors if you find yourself on opposite sides.

It's really silly and really light hearted in its presentation and world building but it's all really strong and a great deviation from a lot of games that are going for a more grim self-serious tone. Whether its humour will be your cup of tea or not isn't something I can determine, but I think the gleefully absurdist approach works really well especially when you have two people going wild with the huge wealth of interactions in the world which inherently tends to lean the game towards something more playful in the first place.

Controls are good on controller and the tutorial makes sure to go over everything in a pretty thorough way while not babying you too much while you go through the optional tutorial dungeon or wander the first couple areas, and combat is pretty intuitive as long as you have a little bit of experience with turn based combat. My girlfriend has seen me play a bunch of RPGs and played through Grimoire with me but this is her first time actually controlling one and she's found it to be inviting despite her only game experience being old DOS adventure games a decade ago.

It also allows for a lot of experimentation; talents like healing when standing in pools of blood, casting rain spells only to zap the puddles and stun enemies, lighting poison clouds on fire and so forth, all of which work exceptionally well when you are cooperating with another human being rather than concocting strategies yourself. It feels pretty amazing to coordinate an attack on a much higher enemy and work out a strategy together and laugh when things go wrong and fuckin cheer when you finally muscle through the overwhelming odds.

Only thing to mention is I'm not sure if you're on PC or console, but if you're on PC you'll need two controllers because the interface changes pretty drastically and doesn't support M+KB and controller at the same time. But yeah, hearty recommendation from someone currently going through the game in a similar situation. We love it so far.

Thanks dude sounds like a good shout!
Arturo

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

camping wrote:
nite69 wrote:i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly

are you on pc or ps4? i'm on pc and have a few friends that i duo/squad with, we do pretty decent if u want to group up
nite69

Postby Peptobysmal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Is CrossCode any good?

Peptobysmal

Postby lust » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 pm

tried some fortnite and got a couple kills but building is really tough on console controller and being able to build quickly seems to be crucial to success
lust

Postby figaro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm

FROM just showed some like 1 second teaser at the stupid game awards.

assholes

figaro

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Looking forward to the 17 min breakdown from vaatividya
Esteban

Postby camping » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 pm

:shock:

Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby camping » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 pm

nite69 wrote:
camping wrote:

are you on pc or ps4? i'm on pc and have a few friends that i duo/squad with, we do pretty decent if u want to group up

ps4 ;(

building is tough but you get better the more you play
camping
i wish i cared

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm

KOJIMA YOU DOG
Marcus

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 pm

camping wrote::shock:

:ryan: :ryan: :ryan:

Kojima said he only recently watched the premiere of Twin Peaks s3 but that had to be a reference with the gold skull evaporating right?
Esteban

Postby figaro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 pm

all in for that...though I still would have liked to have seen some actual game play at this point. game still seems like a looooong way off.
figaro

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm

i want this game whatever the FUCK it is so fuckin bad
Marcus

Postby Dead_Wizard » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:19 am

that death stranding trailer.....good gravy
Dead_Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All