Videogame Thread

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby dmitry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Image
User avatar
dmitry
 
Posts: 8975
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 am

fuck

yeah

thank you for sharing, dmitry
User avatar
Marcus
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: CLE

Postby kirito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 am

how should i spend $75 in psn credit? is the dos2 port good?

edit: this apparently does not exist
I love social media, I love fitness and I love photography
User avatar
kirito
 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm
Location: chi

Postby G_S » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:48 am

okay i am really vibing with ass creed egypt now
User avatar
G_S
 
Posts: 15301
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm

Postby pablito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:09 am

i just got a steam link what are some good local multiplayer couch + controller games on steam to run on my pc and play upstairs
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
User avatar
pablito
 
Posts: 10092
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: axe a punk

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 am

kirito wrote:how should i spend $75 in psn credit? is the dos2 port good?

edit: this apparently does not exist


Hellblade
User avatar
Esteban
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 am

Postby Spoons » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 am

octodad

edit:
re pablito's q
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
User avatar
Spoons
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Postby Spoons » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 am

shrinemaidens wrote:so jazzed that the sexy brutale is in the december monthly humble bundle

i've got some extra keys from prior monthly bundles. lmk if anyone wants:

rise of the tomb raider (taken)
orwell (taken)
scanner sombre (taken)


Sexy Brutale is also in this bundle:
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/nemesis-bundle-4
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
User avatar
Spoons
 
Posts: 701
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Postby shrinemaidens » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:02 am

pablito wrote:i just got a steam link what are some good local multiplayer couch + controller games on steam to run on my pc and play upstairs


overcooked
lovers in a dangerous spacetime
battleblock theater (co-op)
ultimate chicken horse
risk of rain (co-op)
crawl
brawlhalla

you could also try cuphead co-op, though i didn't think it was super fun
User avatar
shrinemaidens
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Postby iambic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

I should probably stop buying indie games and just wait for them to get bundled

otoh, they actually need the money?
User avatar
iambic
 
Posts: 40510
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 am

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

G_S wrote:okay i am really vibing with ass creed egypt now


it's awesome
User avatar
Marcus
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: CLE

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

hello page 1243
User avatar
Marcus
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: CLE

Postby aububs » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am

Marcus wrote:
G_S wrote:okay i am really vibing with ass creed egypt now


it's awesome


played a bit of ass creeds egypt in a friend's the other night, it's great

creeping inside pyramids and stuff

def my favourite one since the rome one
no buddy not really
User avatar
aububs
 
Posts: 4995
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

that article is fantastic and im prob gonna shell out the money for the entirety of rocket jump

wish there was a physical copy/published version
User avatar
Marcus
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: CLE

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
User avatar
nite69
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 pm

the f2p battle royale mode, not the tower defense mode
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
User avatar
nite69
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Postby OGRE » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Arturo wrote:How's the split screen play in Divinity OS?

Wanted something to play with my gf.


Bit late but if you're still curious I started this the other day with my girlfriend and we've both been having a blast. She's been getting mad at me when I say we gotta go to bed because we've somehow played 3-4 hours in a row just walking through the town and interacting with the environment / goofing around.

I'd say if you both have an interest in CRPGs it's about the best experience you can have in local multiplayer. You can play it so that it utilizes the whole screen and you're both confined to the same space but we've just had the "forced split-screen" option (changeable on the fly) going the whole time so while I'm out looking for skill books and intimidating NPCs for gold she can dig up graves / talk to animals / steal everything she can get her hands on. There's a pretty cute dialogue system too that lets you interact together after key events/quests and allows both of you to choose options in how quests are ultimately handled, resulting in a game of rock paper scissors if you find yourself on opposite sides.

It's really silly and really light hearted in its presentation and world building but it's all really strong and a great deviation from a lot of games that are going for a more grim self-serious tone. Whether its humour will be your cup of tea or not isn't something I can determine, but I think the gleefully absurdist approach works really well especially when you have two people going wild with the huge wealth of interactions in the world which inherently tends to lean the game towards something more playful in the first place.

Controls are good on controller and the tutorial makes sure to go over everything in a pretty thorough way while not babying you too much while you go through the optional tutorial dungeon or wander the first couple areas, and combat is pretty intuitive as long as you have a little bit of experience with turn based combat. My girlfriend has seen me play a bunch of RPGs and played through Grimoire with me but this is her first time actually controlling one and she's found it to be inviting despite her only game experience being old DOS adventure games a decade ago.

It also allows for a lot of experimentation; talents like healing when standing in pools of blood, casting rain spells only to zap the puddles and stun enemies, lighting poison clouds on fire and so forth, all of which work exceptionally well when you are cooperating with another human being rather than concocting strategies yourself. It feels pretty amazing to coordinate an attack on a much higher enemy and work out a strategy together and laugh when things go wrong and fuckin cheer when you finally muscle through the overwhelming odds.

Only thing to mention is I'm not sure if you're on PC or console, but if you're on PC you'll need two controllers because the interface changes pretty drastically and doesn't support M+KB and controller at the same time. But yeah, hearty recommendation from someone currently going through the game in a similar situation. We love it so far.
Last edited by OGRE on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
OGRE
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:31 pm
Location: palm of eden

Postby Pashmina » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

TERRIBLE LIE! wrote:i've had really had no idea what i want to play since getting back home might as well just give into this nine inch nails kick and play some quake.



Does the steam version have the soundtrack?


I still have the og demo CD which does have it as well as the entire game if u crack it
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
User avatar
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!
 
Posts: 38945
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: Singing Kambo Songs

Postby OGRE » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Pashmina wrote:
TERRIBLE LIE! wrote:i've had really had no idea what i want to play since getting back home might as well just give into this nine inch nails kick and play some quake.



Does the steam version have the soundtrack?


I still have the og demo CD which does have it as well as the entire game if u crack it


Can't say 100% but I'm pretty sure I had to manually add the OST myself when I played it a while back. That said, there should be some steam guides that link directly to the files and walk you through the process in an accessible way.
User avatar
OGRE
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:31 pm
Location: palm of eden

Postby camping » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

nite69 wrote:i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly


agreed! i basically stopped playing overwatch because of it
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
User avatar
camping
i wish i cared
 
Posts: 14210
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: pluto

Postby tonybricker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I have been thoroughly enjoying Shadow of War, I'm barely doing any story stuff because I enjoy all the open world activities so much

edit: I just thought about it for a while longer and one of the best things about this game is the skill tree. There is a huge variety of options and it really allows you to adapt your characters strengths to how you want to play the game. Im all about range+stealth+immobilizing but it would be totally possible to play more like a melee berserker or beastmaster or a tank or an explosives guy (as far as I know there is no skill tree cap/level cap so eventually I might be be all the things)

the level of interactivity with the environment is also fantastic, I think it even surpasses Horizon Zero Dawn, which I loved. For anybody who has played both, is it better than Assassin's Creed?
Last edited by tonybricker on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tonybricker
 
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Postby john plainman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

i can't believe i'm being tempted to buy an assassins creed game
User avatar
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?
 
Posts: 8837
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Postby Marcus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 pm

tony, ive played both and AC Origins is better by imo a considerable margin

Shadow of War was fun but AC was a sick step forward for the series
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Marcus
 
Posts: 10684
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm
Location: CLE

Postby boonie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 pm

So Dying Light is getting a Battle Royale [sort of] mode too.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-unve ... e-in-2018/

https://dyinglightgame.com/badblood/
User avatar
boonie
the saddest magpie
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Postby Arturo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 pm

OGRE wrote:
Arturo wrote:How's the split screen play in Divinity OS?

Wanted something to play with my gf.


Bit late but if you're still curious I started this the other day with my girlfriend and we've both been having a blast. She's been getting mad at me when I say we gotta go to bed because we've somehow played 3-4 hours in a row just walking through the town and interacting with the environment / goofing around.

I'd say if you both have an interest in CRPGs it's about the best experience you can have in local multiplayer. You can play it so that it utilizes the whole screen and you're both confined to the same space but we've just had the "forced split-screen" option (changeable on the fly) going the whole time so while I'm out looking for skill books and intimidating NPCs for gold she can dig up graves / talk to animals / steal everything she can get her hands on. There's a pretty cute dialogue system too that lets you interact together after key events/quests and allows both of you to choose options in how quests are ultimately handled, resulting in a game of rock paper scissors if you find yourself on opposite sides.

It's really silly and really light hearted in its presentation and world building but it's all really strong and a great deviation from a lot of games that are going for a more grim self-serious tone. Whether its humour will be your cup of tea or not isn't something I can determine, but I think the gleefully absurdist approach works really well especially when you have two people going wild with the huge wealth of interactions in the world which inherently tends to lean the game towards something more playful in the first place.

Controls are good on controller and the tutorial makes sure to go over everything in a pretty thorough way while not babying you too much while you go through the optional tutorial dungeon or wander the first couple areas, and combat is pretty intuitive as long as you have a little bit of experience with turn based combat. My girlfriend has seen me play a bunch of RPGs and played through Grimoire with me but this is her first time actually controlling one and she's found it to be inviting despite her only game experience being old DOS adventure games a decade ago.

It also allows for a lot of experimentation; talents like healing when standing in pools of blood, casting rain spells only to zap the puddles and stun enemies, lighting poison clouds on fire and so forth, all of which work exceptionally well when you are cooperating with another human being rather than concocting strategies yourself. It feels pretty amazing to coordinate an attack on a much higher enemy and work out a strategy together and laugh when things go wrong and fuckin cheer when you finally muscle through the overwhelming odds.

Only thing to mention is I'm not sure if you're on PC or console, but if you're on PC you'll need two controllers because the interface changes pretty drastically and doesn't support M+KB and controller at the same time. But yeah, hearty recommendation from someone currently going through the game in a similar situation. We love it so far.

Thanks dude sounds like a good shout!
User avatar
Arturo
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:39 pm
Location: Manchester

Postby nite69 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

camping wrote:
nite69 wrote:i've been playing a ton of fortnite, this game is super fun honestly


agreed! i basically stopped playing overwatch because of it


are you on pc or ps4? i'm on pc and have a few friends that i duo/squad with, we do pretty decent if u want to group up
sealed their fate wrote:The handwriting is already on the wall. These boys have been flushed.
User avatar
nite69
 
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Postby Peptobysmal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Is CrossCode any good?

User avatar
Peptobysmal
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Postby lust » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 pm

tried some fortnite and got a couple kills but building is really tough on console controller and being able to build quickly seems to be crucial to success
User avatar
lust
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: nope

Postby figaro » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 pm

FROM just showed some like 1 second teaser at the stupid game awards.

assholes

User avatar
figaro
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Postby Esteban » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Looking forward to the 17 min breakdown from vaatividya
User avatar
Esteban
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a is jump, ahungbunny, all day breakfast, Autarch, Barthes Starr, Beautiful Jugdish, becky, blab, boddy, Brain Stew, brent, brian dennehy fan, carrion, Celiac Cruz, comet, Conetoaster, deadbass, deadwolfbones, deebster, doublethink0, dreamshake, easy, Endtro, Ferrous Bueller, flimsy, Flossed Out, folkface, FourLegsGood, fresh salad, Fullscreen, gambra, Gene Parmesan, goldmatt, goofjan, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], grammatron, haddonfield, Hideaway Lights, hit record, hyperbole man, iambic, kayke, Kevin McCallister, Klint, landspeedrecord, lockheed, mascotte, mcwop23, meeshpotato, minerals, NegativeCapability, nite69, nocents, number none, palmer eldritch, Pashmina, Paul, Phil, Poptone, powderfinger, Quixotic, razzle, rich uncle skeleton, sadville, santos l halper, sconies, screaming emphysema, seank37, shankly, Shotfrog, sigmonrunner, sniffer, speakers, staple, steaming shit, surly, tea preacher, techno beats, terminus, tgk, tolka, tomcat snarl, trampoline, ueckerist, uncledoj, Vacancies, various artists, viachicago, walt, wario lopez, warmjets, WHITEBOYWASTED