Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Stuntman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:56 am

FighterZ beta still down. :x
Stuntman
AKA Ron

Postby pablito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:34 am

broodstar wrote:i'm aware i idiosyncratically rattle off about a ton of random dumb games in this thread, but this game has serious potential to become the next big hit. moreso than deep sky derelicts or any other card game or niche game i've mentioned in passing, i urge everyone to try this game out. it's a lot of fun for anyone who likes roguelikes or cardgames, and feels rewarding (unlike hearthstone or gwent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

p.s. @lil bro, i tried a shiv build and a poison build. both looked amazing on the first two floors and then sucked ass when it came to crunch time that i'm pretty sure there's only one viable silent build

im playin this so much too
my last silent run was pretty fun, it hinged on choke/storm of steel or choke/bullet time and lots of card draw. i started with the new neow option where you trade your starting relic and i got the one that eliminates end of turn discard so a turtling + card draw strategy works nicely
i never got an accuracy somehow but i did get ice cream and also a relic that gives you a random card in hand whenever you exhaust a card which meant that after playing storm of steel my hand was full of random cards which was weird and if i then drew into bullet time it was a lot of fun
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 am

What game is that
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 am

it's unlikely but lately i've been dreaming about alone in the dark getting the REmake treatment and how goddamn good that could be
chairkicker

Postby Milk » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:43 am

Yeah its criminal that to this day RE too often gets the credit for inventing that genre. Still think that in it's original style (fixed camera, 2d backgrounds, 3d characters) AITD is better than the first few RE. And in second place it's Eternal Darkness which considering it's lovecraftian might as well have been in the AITD series.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 am

i love eternal darkness for what it is but it can't really compete with resident evil in game design. i mean the adventure game slant, the puzzle solving you do in the roivas mansion, is stronger than re's basic lock and key stuff but resident evil is a much stronger survival horror game. especially if we're putting eternal darkness next to REmake

alone in the dark is still incredible, however
chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am

and i've always wished that resident evil was as much a graphical adventure as AITD
chairkicker

Postby terrific bedwetter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 am

terrific bedwetter

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am

well, would you look at this

chairkicker

Postby terrific bedwetter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am

I haven't played it myself, but someone made an Alone in the Dark inspired game on Pico8, which blows my stupid mind
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=3792 (Playable in browser)

Somehow the entire game src is encoded in this 50kb cart image
terrific bedwetter

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 am

not exactly the REmake treatment i had in mind. art direction is bland and it seems like they were going for a like for like remake, but it could've been something worth playing
chairkicker

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:30 am

I found my PS4 theme for life
https://t.co/Er5sxul5Vh

Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby banquo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm

checked out slay the spire- was surprised how short this was (3 bosses- why not just continue extra floors until you die?). after reading the comments on the last page after my failed first run, i made it through on the second attempt. pretty sure mummified hand made this run easier than it should have been

banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:55 pm

man and i went like 2-8 in my last ten ironclad runs and you still got a higher score
broodstar

Postby tonybricker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 pm

saw my first gameplay footage of Anthem, it looks kinda like a mix of Destiny and Horizon Zero Dawn and I am quite hyped on it now
tonybricker

Postby banquo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:52 pm

broodstar wrote:man and i went like 2-8 in my last ten ironclad runs and you still got a higher score

I failed/abandoned the next couple and would've liked knowing the demon match game would add trash cards to the deck and also that "you can now also dig(or remove cards) at campfires" meant that's your only action
banquo

Postby endless dave » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 pm

tonybricker wrote:saw my first gameplay footage of Anthem, it looks kinda like a mix of Destiny and Horizon Zero Dawn and I am quite hyped on it now

it looks cool but that game is going to eventually become something completely different in the end, and at best isn't coming out for 2-3 years, no matter what they say. EA would not miss an opportunity to fuck up something like this
endless dave

Postby pablito » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:55 pm

banquo wrote:I failed the next couple and would've liked knowing the demon match game would add trash cards to the deck and also that "you can dig(or remove cards) at campfires meant that's your only action

the exact wording of those effects could use a little emphasis; dream catcher makes resting at a campfire (as in restoring HP) ALSO add a card to your deck, and there are a couple that don't care what you do, but the other campfire relics add a new, mutually exclusive action to campfires like you say
rabbit wrote:Preacher drinks jack and eats pussy. That's Good stuff.
pablito

Postby banquo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:14 pm

i agree. it seems like a little thing, but it could throw off a run.

so far i'm convinced for that class you just: 1) use fires to upgrade, 2) actively remove block cards at merchant, 3) be fine with skipping from picking cards if they're all bad 4) random relic for a curse is probably not worth it
banquo

Postby broodstar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

removing cards from your deck is so strong, adding cards to your deck sucks. you can skip the dream catcher if the cards suck for example, whereas toke (removing) is almost always the play

i cannot do a proper ironclad run for the life of me

banquo wrote:so far i'm convinced for that class you just: 1) use fires to upgrade, 2) actively remove block cards at merchant, 3) be fine with skipping from picking cards if they're all bad 4) random relic for a curse is probably not worth it

i tend to remove strikes and blocks in 1-1 with more emphasis on strikes. you get way more attacks with ironclad so that the strike dilution is generally worse than defend dilution (shrug it off/iron wave/armaments are the only common block cards). on silent, i do the reverse.

i now route question >>>>>>> camp >>>> shop >>>>>> elite >>>>>>>>>>>> monster. monster is just the lowest value encounter on the first two floors (on higher floors, if your deck is broken, then you don't need anymore questions/camps and you can shoot for a high score). i think i overrated shops before because if you route into a bunch of questions, you're bound to find removes or a random shop there. elites are fucking nasty and generally not worth it except for score purposes. 3x sentry is a fucking menace on early floors.

curses are pretty bad, relics are not the best but rare ones can be worth it for -hp or -gold or a curse, random (even rare) cards not so good, transform is sorta meh (might've overrated this) and remove is generally better. the starting silent relic is not so good so using the trade for boss relic is good there if all 3 other meow options suck; never do this on ironclad. basically remove is top tier as hell for a start, and then maybe a rare relic. offering and strike weakness are probably my top cards for ironclad, noxious fumes for silent. those are some things i've learned.
broodstar

Postby jca » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:22 pm

eternal darkness is practically an action game. theres a combat system with trigger targeting, plenty of ammo and healing. there are 'puzzles' i guess but those are like putting specific items into specific item-sized holes
jca

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 pm

anthem is gonna be a total mess
chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:20 pm

i don't trust bioware to make a good action game. especially if co-op and loot is involved
chairkicker

Postby No Not Now » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Anthem will probably be a mess and not live up to expectations but they totally have an opportunity to capitalize on Bungie's missteps.
bongo wrote:anyone else wake up today and immediately scream into a banjo
No Not Now

Postby chairkicker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm

yeah, but bioware isn't bungie when it comes to game design, so unless they're putting in the work to radically change the way they make games, i dunno
chairkicker

Postby Esteban » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Haven't they already been describing anthem to have the "games as a service" model? I wouldn't be an early adopter tbh
Esteban

Postby broodstar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm

death trash

fallout-like with some baller ass pixel art
broodstar

Postby john plainman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Bungie isn’t really bungie when it comes to game design these days either
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby broodstar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 pm

did a ctrl+f but nothing came up so anyone tried gorogoa

Last edited by broodstar on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
broodstar

Postby an otter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm

broodstar wrote:http://deathtrash.com/images/fleshkraken.gif

death trash

fallout-like with some baller ass pixel art

fuckin sold
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

PreviousNext

Return to Don't. Let. Go. You’ve got the music in you.