Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internetfriend » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 am

there was total war warhammer thing
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby milknight » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

im so excited to hunt monsters fuck. it sounds like the got rid of most of the annoying things about the last one (which i still put like 100 hrs into) and it looks pretty as fucc
milknight

Postby cooly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:35 am

i really loved shogun total war as a kid but i treated it basically as a simpler version of civ (i had the game autodecide combat because i didn't like dealing with the units)

i'm kind of curious if total war warhammer would appeal to me because i like individual unit micro (wc3 is one of my all time favorite games, probably is my all time most played), but i hate the sloppy feeling of the mass unit control in the older total war games
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby cooly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am

i want blizzard to make warcraft 4 but to do a better job than they did with sc2

i guess they make a shitload of low effort money from wow and hearthstone but it seems like a well done wc4 could be a huge game given the vacancy in the esports market for a legit rts and the fact that wc3 is basically responsible for creating the moba genre
cooly

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am

total warhammer 2 is one of my favs. there's lovely free dlcs and releases, i think the devs are some of the best. havent played older total wars, but it's still mass unit control. doesn't feel like a classical rts to me. i've heard northgard and they are billions are the best in that department

speaking of wc3 ive got a slight itch to play a tower defense, and i vaguely reminisce about aos games that weren't dota

i have 0 expectations for any game blizzard/valve make these days
broodstar

Postby cooly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 am

iirc starcraft 2 custom games has some decent TDs if you have that installed. there was some dumb gem one emmerich and i spammed for a while
cooly

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 am

i posted about this b4

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42052 ... echnology/

it's also not really a classical rts--in fact, i played on the hardest difficulty which removes unit control and has you automate units (attack, defend, move forward, back, etc), but i had a lot of fun with it if you like rtses. it's light, cheap, japan jank fun
broodstar

Postby Pashmina » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:47 am

broodstar wrote:i posted about this b4

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42052 ... echnology/

it's also not really a classical rts--in fact, i played on the hardest difficulty which removes unit control and has you automate units (attack, defend, move forward, back, etc), but i had a lot of fun with it if you like rtses. it's light, cheap, japan jank fun

i did not see you post about this before

this looks fuckin' sick as hell
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am

i am buying it right now, is it a cellphone port or something? why is it so cheap?
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby cooly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am

yeah that looks fun. i recently got slay the spire. have you played that one broodstar? i'd worry from your pov that it won't be worth it given the current amount of content in early access (i beat it with both the current classes within 24 hours of getting it, and you're better at these games than me), but i think you can ramp up the difficulty. it's pretty fun, basically a more complete version of hearthstone dungeon runs with much better mechanics and less dumb rng
cooly

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am

if you've ever played dragon force on saturn (which u should cause it's dope as hell), it's sorta like that

fair warning that the translation (+ porting team) is definitely in the top 5 worst i've ever experienced, but the underlying gameplay is fun. apparently it's a pretty decent sized indie hit in japan, and you can sort of mod the game to play other campaigns
broodstar

Postby iambic » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

cooly wrote:i recently got slay the spire. have you played that one broodstar?

lol
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

we had a slay the spire week in here, but yeah, i feel as if i've "solved" the game for now and consistently plateau at like 760 high score and got bored
broodstar

Postby Pashmina » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 am

i dont even care how the gameplay is i just want to look at those little dudes fighting
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby G_S » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am

GIVE ME ALL THE DECKBUILDING

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meteorfall-journey/id1269922212
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slothwerks.meteorfall&hl=en

this is the questing deckbuilding roguelike thing with a more simplified system. pretty addicting.
G_S

Postby cooly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

dream quest (phone game) is a lot like slay the spire but much much harder if you want another card roguelike. went back and read your slay the spire posts and pretty much agree
cooly

Postby milknight » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Pashmina wrote:i dont even care how the gameplay is i just want to look at those little dudes fighting

Are you aware that when ur cat goes in water in mh it gets in a tiny raft?
milknight

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:11 pm

i just read about that [meteorfall] and considered it

anyway, since it seems my posting is shit and got buried, here are the things i played last year that no one else seemed to:

expeditions: viking, seriously my favourite game excluding d:os2 and trails. hella good crpg
lost technology, which beats out out tooth and tail for rts-like
age of rivals, pathfinder adventures for card+boardgame goodness. if yall like all these rogue deckbuilders, seriously consider the latter. it's not the best game ever, with a handful of questionable+corny design choices, and the base boardgame is not the best either, but one of the more memorable titles i played last year, (i think) what got me to start posting in here, and what got me hyped as hell for kingmaker
cosmic star heroine for best smaller indie jrpg title on the basis of combat alone. i've heard battle chasers: nightwar improved a lot with patches, but i think the innovation in csh's combat system does a lot to alleviate jrpg tedium
field of glory ii for wargame/grand strategy-likes

broodstar

Postby Pashmina » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:21 pm

milknight wrote:
Pashmina wrote:i dont even care how the gameplay is i just want to look at those little dudes fighting

Are you aware that when ur cat goes in water in mh it gets in a tiny raft?

dude im getting it as soon as i can
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby internetfriend » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 pm

also convo starting the last page is p e r f e c t
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby an otter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:41 pm

broodstar wrote:lol

iambic wrote:have we talked about iron harvest at all

i dearly love rts even though i am not as good at them as i should be. something about this project doesnt quite hook me

on the other end, this aesthetic is deeply my thing but RTSes aren't my bag, I find them stressful and rushy. if Iron Harvest was a top-down shooter PVP thing of some kind I'd be all over it day one, though.

Edit: Man imagine how good running with rifles would've been if it had iron harvest's aesthetic.
Last edited by an otter on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby surly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Brood did you do any of the ascension stuff in the beta version of slay the spire?
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby Guy Incognito » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm

broodstar wrote:

field of glory ii for wargame/grand strategy-likes

this looks cool but i really just can't get excited about roman era historical shit in games like this
wendy wrote:It is not dank
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm

no but reading up on it now

the ascension card game is another little game i sunk way too much time in to for how shit and unbalanced it is
broodstar

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I really should love the Pathfinder thing but every time I try it it seems both too busy and too thin. I think I gave up on it before the inflection point where its elements actually work together.
Jeremy

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:07 pm

alright ascension mode challenge accepted

i wonder what the replayability factor is in they are billions for it to be such a top game
broodstar

Postby OGRE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:08 pm

iambic wrote:Image

haven't really played an rts since frozen throne but man i'm into this
OGRE

Postby chimp » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:11 pm

stoked for iron harvest. need an sc2 replacement
chimp

Postby Milk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:48 pm

i though this looked really cool for 20 seconds and then someone said it was a RTS.......i thought it was some isometric game in which you piloted a big steampunk looking robot. Shame.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby broodstar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:52 pm

thats what battletechs for dude
broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....