New Videogame Thread

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby iambic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:24 pm

yeah but I think it's time to give up on IS and stop bugging him about ow
iambic

Postby dmitry » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

IS got me into overwatch, is the weirdest thing

ive been playing it a bit here and there but people have instantly tried to get me into competitive which im not ready for
Last edited by dmitry on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmitry

Postby chandler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

it is boring tho
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby iambic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm

dmitry wrote:IS got me into overwatch, is the weirdest thing

ive been playing it a bit here and there but people have instantly tried to get me into competitive which im not ready for

competitive is kind of "the game," though

everything else is just zany
iambic

Postby wendy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm

I'm encountering a glitch with ulfric and galmar and I've done lots of things suggested by the internet like sleeping for days and going and doing other quests and shit and galmar still just keeps saying "idfk how you convinced ulfric, worse than a waste of time if u ask me" and when I go to ulfric he's all "talk to galmar, he has an errand for u" and idk if the errand is killing that ice wraith but I did it it's dead and that part of the mission shows as complete and it says the next step is to go talk to galmar but he won't talk to me besides repeating that one line over and over and the internet says as a last resort I can reload an old save but like I've leveled up like 8 times since the glitch started so no I cannot I will not

Any experience with this? Any suggestions?
wendy

Postby DestructoBot » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm

are you in europe? do you need an adapter?
DestructoBot

Postby wendy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Me?????????????????
wendy

Postby internetfriend » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 pm

i think having shit get preposterously broken in extreme non-edge cases is sort of part of the latter-day elder scrolls game experience
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Location: a forked path where the Perseus and Sagittarius Arms of the Milky Way come together.

Postby wendy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:44 pm

now it won't even load so i'm just gonna freebase benadryl and xanax and call it a night
wendy

Postby regular ol' slokra » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm

sometimes in skyrim you'll get missions that are required for the mission you're on entered as a separate side mission, so try looking at all the missions you have in yr log that aren't complete because maybe one of those is what you need to do
;)
regular ol' slokra
Site Admin

Postby DestructoBot » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:53 pm

yeah i agree she needs an adapter
DestructoBot

Postby VHB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:01 pm

internetstrange wrote:i think having shit get preposterously broken in extreme non-edge cases is sort of part of the latter-day elder scrolls game experience

It IS a Bethesda game, after all...
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby an otter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Guy Incognito wrote:
an otter wrote:i know some people here give it shit but i've been fuccin engrossed by stellaris lately

yeah actually same here. I dunno what it is about the latest patch, but it seems like a fun, vibrant, dynamic, game suddenly and I'm just walking around thinking about my star empire all the time.

did you snag any of the DLCs they've put out so far? the price-points got me hesitating but every one seems to add a lot of depth
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby dmitry » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:10 pm

iambic wrote:
dmitry wrote:IS got me into overwatch, is the weirdest thing

competitive is kind of "the game," though

everything else is just zany

ok then i dont feel bad that everyone lost.. both teams. thats how bad i am at mercy
dmitry

Postby Guy Incognito » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:26 pm

an otter wrote:
Guy Incognito wrote:
an otter wrote:i know some people here give it shit but i've been fuccin engrossed by stellaris lately

yeah actually same here. I dunno what it is about the latest patch, but it seems like a fun, vibrant, dynamic, game suddenly and I'm just walking around thinking about my star empire all the time.

did you snag any of the DLCs they've put out so far? the price-points got me hesitating but every one seems to add a lot of depth

yeah i bought all of them on release day because my brain is broken
wendy wrote:It is not dank
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby Guy Incognito » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 pm

really though you only need Utopia unless you're particularly interested in fighting giant space monsters or playing as a robot empire. paradox has been really good about bundling most of the game improvements in free patches so far.
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby Marcus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Cuphead is so impressive
Marcus

Postby Kenny » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm

I finally got around to setting up retropie on my Raspberry Pi and so far it's way easier to use hackchi on my nes mini. I'm sure there's tweaks to make it run smoother but I've tried a few games and ther'es slow down or overblowing sounds to the music

I'm going to look into it as a gaming computer emulator though and see if it runs c64/amiga etc. games better.
REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:kenny, can't tell if you're joking or not
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby iambic » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Guy, I successfully held off on Stellaris when it was reduced and now you're telling me it is getting actually good
iambic

Postby Guy Incognito » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:18 pm

you're always better off waiting 2 years to buy a paradox game so you're still safe

for the rest of us though who never learned that lesson, this is a welcome improvement
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Kenny wrote:I finally got around to setting up retropie on my Raspberry Pi and so far it's way easier to use hackchi on my nes mini. I'm sure there's tweaks to make it run smoother but I've tried a few games and ther'es slow down or overblowing sounds to the music

I'm going to look into it as a gaming computer emulator though and see if it runs c64/amiga etc. games better.

Which revision Pi do you have?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Guy Incognito » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:23 pm

iambic wrote:I think this "teaser" video, for a game that is coming out in like five weeks, is what is going to finally kill my football manager habit

this is...wild
Guy Incognito
Infernal Dinosaur

Postby Kenny » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:45 pm

Grey Poupon wrote:
Kenny wrote:I finally got around to setting up retropie on my Raspberry Pi and so far it's way easier to use hackchi on my nes mini. I'm sure there's tweaks to make it run smoother but I've tried a few games and ther'es slow down or overblowing sounds to the music

Which revision Pi do you have?

1, which might be the problem
REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS Image

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:kenny, can't tell if you're joking or not
Kenny
P-Nut's Biggest Fan

Postby trouble » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Cuphead first impressions. Trying to keep it spoiler free.

- The game's presentation is even more impressive when you get your hands on it than video. It's really something else. There are some things it does with the background that is really astounding.
- The run and gun levels aren't as bad as I thought. They are less like something out of contra and more linear megaman levels without instant-kills. I would have still preferred that work to go into more boss fights but they don't seem like a total waste.
- I remember being put off on the sound design in previews as well but it's fine now. The music is a little more unmemorable but that seems period appropriate. The weird gutteral sounds of the pig shopkeeper is like straight out of a tom and jerry cartoon and it rules.
- I don't love the upgrade system. You basically have to buy items to unlock newer ones. Buying more health makes your attack weaker so fuck that. I picked up the chaser as a secondary and that seems good enough for me.
- Difficulty wise this is nowhere near something like a Contra and more like a Gunstar Heroes. They're are some tricky moments especially in the later platforming levels but the bosses are very beatable. They maybe telegraph their next move a little too much? I don't know. I'll definitely beat this game before the weekend is over.
- I'm having a good time. I'm going to go back to playing it.
It's like I missed a shot. It's like I dropped the ball.
Damn. I'm Sorry.
trouble
ride.

Postby trouble » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Oh yeah. I wouldn't recommend choosing Simple difficulty on the boss fights. They have way less health but the bosses all have various forms/stages and simple mode seems to remove some of them and that's bogus.
Damn. I'm Sorry.
trouble
ride.

Postby Marcus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:31 pm

It's a joy to play. And the animation and art is fantastic. I'm not crazy about the upgrade system either but man I love pretty much everything else.

I love the boss battles. Every single one. The game is legitimately hard but not unfairly so, it's just so fun to figure out each boss.

One of my favorite games in a long time.
Marcus

Postby Marcus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Also never choose simple. You can't face the final bosses until you've beaten the regular boss difficulty and the difference isn't that great anyway. Plus the difficulty is fun in this so fuck the easy, boring route.

Oh and local coop is much harder than singleplayer
Marcus

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Fallout 1 is free on steam today
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby trouble » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Marcus wrote:It's a joy to play. And the animation and art is fantastic. I'm not crazy about the upgrade system either but man I love pretty much everything else.

I love the boss battles. Every single one. The game is legitimately hard but not unfairly so, it's just so fun to figure out each boss.

One of my favorite games in a long time.

Yeah. The game is a little on the short side but I can't blame it for just the sheer amount of work it must take to make every level. I've been extending my playing time by replaying boss fights for perfect scores. They are just too much fun.
Damn. I'm Sorry.
trouble
ride.

Postby dan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Echoing the Cuphead praise, it's just enjoyable to play in a way that the gameplay videos can't really convey. You don't get some unparalleled level of character control but it's more than good enough and the dash maneuver really adds a lot. It does a better job at variety than I had once worried about too, the shmup plane sections are really fun, replaying for A+ scores adds replayability, and I even like just moving around the map (though I wish there was more stuff to check out on it). And I'm only through world one but it's already easily one of the best looking games ever.
dan

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All