Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

It's because they (Trails in the Sky FC and SC) are on PC (and PSP which I never had) instead of console. Except for roguelikes and small indie games I'm really not a PC gamer at all
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:30 pm

iambic wrote:
broodstar wrote:there's pretty heavy references to crossbell which makes me feel like i'm missing out

cold steel was designed to be an easy entry into the series, but a lot of people say you're missing out if you don't play sky first (i don't necessarily agree)

you are definitely missing out, especially if you haven't played Third.

i guess that's because i haven't played third then

please don't hate me

send help against boss
broodstar

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:37 pm

i forgot that wiping on the same boss like four times was why i stopped playing cold steel, but partly from iambics posts i kinda want to play them starting with sky now. i feel like i never quite grasped the mechanics, or maybe i just didnt get far enough to see how speed breaks things. for me i was always getting owned because of lack of speed.

i bought Nitroplus Blasterz and Omega Quintet today, im sure everyone is excited to hear about them
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Kenny wrote:It's because they (Trails in the Sky FC and SC) are on PC (and PSP which I never had) instead of console. Except for roguelikes and small indie games I'm really not a PC gamer at all

there's really no excuse for you not to get a cheap psp or vita, there are so many good jrpgs and dungeon crawlers on psp/vita
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:38 pm

i think if you're not playing on nightmare, you don't need to powergame that heavily. but grain of salt and all that

i am literally on attempt 13 trying to clear this
broodstar

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:39 pm

broodstar wrote:i guess that's because i haven't played third then

please don't hate me

I could never hate you bb. Third has an origin story for Lechter, introduces the conflict between Olivert and Osborne, etc. and goes deeper into the grander Ouroboros plot. it's more fun to speculate about who they are and what they're up to if you've played Third.
iambic

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Pashmina wrote:
Kenny wrote:It's because they (Trails in the Sky FC and SC) are on PC (and PSP which I never had) instead of console. Except for roguelikes and small indie games I'm really not a PC gamer at all

there's really no excuse for you not to get a cheap psp or vita, there are so many good jrpgs and dungeon crawlers on psp/vita

I have a vita, and Trails in the SKy SC is on it, but FC isn't :(
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Kenny wrote:
Pashmina wrote:

what? FC is the first one, right? it's available on psn in the US at least, or it used to be
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm

iambic wrote:I could never hate you bb. Third has an origin story for Lechter, introduces the conflict between Olivert and Osborne, etc. and goes deeper into the grander Ouroboros plot. it's more fun to speculate about who they are and what they're up to if you've played Third.

i always assumed it just expanded on ouroborous, but the olivert/osborne stuff is intriguing

attempt 15
broodstar

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Pashmina wrote:
Kenny wrote:
Pashmina wrote:

what? FC is the first one, right? it's available on psn in the US at least, or it used to be

Europe really sucks for playing the kind of games I want to play.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 pm

i think it's only the third one that got passed over 'cause it was localized so late
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 pm

I mean it's possible that trails is this oddball thing, like "the jrpgs for people who hate jrpgs," but to put this in perspective, the only jrpgs I have ever finished, lifetime, are:

chrono trigger
ffvii
trails in the sky fc
trails in the sky sc
trails in the sky third
trails of cold steel
iambic

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:46 pm

fc had an eu release, is it just not on psn?
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Well I already got it on PC, I just gotta get a round tuit.

I'm in the mood for a real standard but solid jrpg too
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

FUCK THIS FIGHT
broodstar

Postby Pashmina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:48 pm

yeah the way that you plowed through sky was very inspirational for someone like me that has 10 hour in savegames of like 30 jrpgs
Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:56 pm

i'm not sure i've ever been more annoyed
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:09 pm

alright, i'm giving up

the game beat me
broodstar

Postby traced out » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:36 pm

iambic you should play skies of arcadia and infinite space
traced out

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm

broodstar wrote:alright, i'm giving up

the game beat me

is the fie/machias trial? nightmare must have crazy stat buffs, because on hard fie just dodged every attack
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 pm

no, the trials are great fun and somewhat challenging

it's the xeno/leonidas fightToggle Spoiler. i'm reading other people cleared it at the same level on nightmare, or, god forbid, with fie solo, but i'm gonna go grind a couple levels and change up tactics. i do all 5 s-bursts and they're at like 75% health, and any time they s-craft me back i take about 75% damage with a chance of faint/deathblow/blind

one tip that seems useful is if you're gunning for the complete identify enemies thing, you can identify them then game over and they'll still be id'ed, which should save me 3 turns
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:04 pm

i also got so reliant on the party-switch bug in cs1 that i no longer know how to backstab enemies except with fie
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:11 pm

did you light the two braziers in the area right before you get introduced to them for the first time?
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:14 pm

broodstar wrote:no, the trials are great fun and somewhat challenging

it's the xeno/leonidas fightToggle Spoiler. i'm reading other people cleared it at the same level on nightmare, or, god forbid, with fie solo, but i'm gonna go grind a couple levels and change up tactics. i do all 5 s-bursts and they're at like 75% health, and any time they s-craft me back i take about 75% damage with a chance of faint/deathblow/blind

one tip that seems useful is if you're gunning for the complete identify enemies thing, you can identify them then game over and they'll still be id'ed, which should save me 3 turns

I just assumed because you posted a pic of terra shrine. I just cleared the boss there, I'm guessing the one you mentioned is up next (because fie spotted them earlier in the canyon).
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:23 pm

yep

i dont think ive ever retried on anything this much in a video game ever, but here we go attempt #31 or something
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm

iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 pm

succeeded on attempt #45

i hope i never have to do this shit again
broodstar

Postby iambic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 pm

I kinda wish I was doing nightmare now
iambic

Postby broodstar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 pm

my experience with nightmare in previous games (but really, this extends to most difficult modes like avernum's as well) is it's a race to break the game, so the earlygame is the most challenging part

but i've literally never had as much trouble before, and certainly not from a trails game

jfc

and there are people on youtube/forums who make it sound so easy. i have no idea where the difference came from. i have the best equipment available to me, bar having the foresight to use the pawn shop in ymir to trade in rarer quartz, and i was level 56 where most were 55, but 5x s-breaks with overdrive did about 20% damage (and they need to fall under 40%), and then you need to focus on surviving, and random deathblows and faints and petrifies is just game over
broodstar

Postby jca » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 pm

the graphics look really good in cold steel. fucc i need to finish the other ones
jca

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....