Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internetfriend » Sun May 27, 2018 10:16 pm

xcom 2 owns a lot and has also crashed twice in the hour i’ve played it
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Sun May 27, 2018 11:33 pm

yeah, also poe 2 is better than poe 1 overall but I'm not sure how much that gives it. I think I still prefer the vignettes of numenara
WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Sun May 27, 2018 11:35 pm

internetfriend wrote:xcom 2 owns a lot and has also crashed twice in the hour i’ve played it

they've probably patched this out but I remember my first campaign of xcom 2 had me crashing every time someone shot a new type of weapon and a new alien tried a combat move on me. weirdly, it only took one crash for each and then we were all fine afterward
WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby cooly » Mon May 28, 2018 9:37 am

why is xcom 2 30 gigs? lord
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby iambic » Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 am

WHITEBOYWASTED wrote:I think I still prefer the vignettes of numenara

heck no
iambic

Postby cooly » Mon May 28, 2018 9:41 am

iambic will u recommend the perfect rpg for me to buy if i describe the things i want / like? i feel like i respect your sensibilities on this stuff a lot and i'm in the market for something i can play on my laptop
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby broodstar » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 am

trails
broodstar

Postby Legion » Mon May 28, 2018 4:19 pm

I doan really play digital games much anymore, but this is the new one from Jason Rohrer/Castle Doctrine dude and looks pretty interesting:

My latest game, One Hour One Life, has been out for about three months now. The website is at http://www.onehouronelife.com and you can also check out the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT4JktcVQuE

During the past three months, the game has gone through extensive public testing. Over 1.6 million lives have been lived inside the game, with a total of 235,000 collective player hours logged. I've also been putting out weekly content and code updates, and the game has been getting better and better. All known bugs have been found and fixed, and hundreds of new things have been added.

I still have a long way to go, however, before I meet my goal of 10,000 craftable, interactive objects. I plan to keep putting out weekly updates for at least two more years.

But with over 700 interactive objects, it's already a pretty big game, people seem to like what's there so far. Player reviews are currently 94% positive.

This game is about a lot of things: the deep mystery of human civilization, cooperation, and legacy. But as the game's community has continued to evolve, the most important and unique aspect of this game has risen to the top of the list: This is a game about families. And not about observing or controlling families from the outside, like in The Sims, but actually about being part of a family, and interacting with other members of the family who are individuals, just like you.

Some recent additions to the game focus on this aspect specifically, like the new family tree browser:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve ... front_page

We're all part of a family of some kind in real life, and it's one of the most fundamental aspects of the human experience. Has there really never been a video game about this before? Online multiplayer games open the door to all sorts of new and powerful experiences.

Stuntman: Hipinion for me is like a choose-your-own adventure where every topic is a direct path to the depressed thread.
Legion

Postby chairkicker » Mon May 28, 2018 9:55 pm

no one seems to care about this game anymore. toby gard used his tomb raider fortune to make this game, which ultimately bankrupted the studio he founded. it's imperfect but extremely underrated and i really hope it gets xbone'd at some point:

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 pm

in fact, fancielad, if you're listening, i think it'd be right up your alley
chairkicker

Postby dusky » Mon May 28, 2018 10:36 pm

reminded me of

now i really wish i had my xbox still
dusky

Postby chairkicker » Mon May 28, 2018 10:40 pm

i really need to play legend of black kat one of these days
chairkicker

Postby wong » Tue May 29, 2018 1:58 pm

wong

Postby Kenny » Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm

If that is a fake into a ES6 reveal I'll be more happy
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby gambra » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Fallout 4 VR for Switch!
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby broodstar » Tue May 29, 2018 2:26 pm

the only thing i could be excited for at e3 is a trails of cold steel 3 localization, but all sources point to that not happening. (p.s. falcom granted rights for a chinese/korean translation on 1-4 so looks like the west is getting shafted a bit.)

i sorta really wanna play this

hope a switch emulator functions before i die so i can play this + stuff like pokemon/fe

dauntless just makes me wanna play mhw on pc

that and defect asc15 is basically the sum total of my video game interest this past month
broodstar

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Tue May 29, 2018 2:29 pm

I didn't realize it had random encounters

dammit
Ferrous Bueller

Postby iambic » Tue May 29, 2018 3:02 pm

cooly wrote:iambic will u recommend the perfect rpg for me to buy if i describe the things i want / like? i feel like i respect your sensibilities on this stuff a lot and i'm in the market for something i can play on my laptop

sure, but the answer will probably just be dragonfall
iambic

Postby mini » Tue May 29, 2018 3:05 pm

spent a few hours playing dauntless yesterday and today. it gets better once you get past the first 5+ battles as difficulty increases but it still feels very thin. i never play games in beta so not sure how unusual that is.
mini

Postby Adult Contemporary » Tue May 29, 2018 3:32 pm

I couldn't beat the boss on the octopath traveler demo and every time I retried the battle it was a huge pain in the ass as you have to re-watch a long stupid cut-scene when you encounter him. I guess it feels like an old school JRPG with it's lack of QOL improvements, random encounters and grindfest. The game's "2.5D" presentation is interesting but I don't think it looks that good either. Will probably pass on this game unless reviews convince me otherwise and there's an easy mode in the game.
Adult Contemporary

Postby terrific bedwetter » Tue May 29, 2018 7:22 pm

WHITEBOYWASTED wrote:
internetfriend wrote:xcom 2 owns a lot and has also crashed twice in the hour i’ve played it

they've probably patched this out but I remember my first campaign of xcom 2 had me crashing every time someone shot a new type of weapon and a new alien tried a combat move on me. weirdly, it only took one crash for each and then we were all fine afterward

i wonder if this is because each new gun had a different shader that would compile (and be saved for better performance afterwards)

maybe some part of that process was crashing but also sort of succeeding
terrific bedwetter

Postby broodstar » Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 pm

maybe im the only one who still enjoys pokemon but nintendo for the first time flew in a bunch of journos around the world for a press conference and era's exploding

first game announced looks like some low-budget nostalgia-pleasing (original kanto only) free switch+smartphone game

apparently new mainline games and a new device to follow

edit:

looks like rumours of pokemon yellow-esque remake with pikachu/eevee was real

---

separate:
there's this thing on kickstarter which has been drumming up interest. basically pokemon-clone mmo

odd how it's 2018 and people have only just started making these pokemon/mhw mmos
broodstar

Postby Kenny » Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 am

Spiderweb Software, makers of Avernum (Amazing series) and Avadon have a kickstarter for a game that looks to be exactly in their wheelhouse and also with some interesting twists:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/619141553/queens-wish-the-conqueror?ref=email

Here's a RPS about it:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/30/spiderweb-software-launch-kickstarter-for-new-series-queens-wish/

Don't let the graphics fool you, these games are dope as hell
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 10:14 am

im gonna play thru the rest of spiderweb one day

Bethesda Announces Fallout 76 (online game of sorts)

fallout battle royale???
broodstar

Postby Contristo » Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 am

Damn that's lame. Gonna just be an online battle within a single vault.
Contristo

Postby chandler » Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 am

a fallout mmo would be sick
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 am

https://github.com/kiooeht/ModTheSpire/ ... Known-Mods

im going to finish trails in the sky, maybe play vampyr or the leaked zero/ao fan translations or this board/card game adaptation of cultist simulator from devs of sunless sea, and hopefully something will abate this perpetual ennui i'm experiencing
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 10:50 am

this is the leaked e3 switch lineup btw
broodstar

Postby Kenny » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am

I hope that's not real, none of those are interesting to me
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 10:57 am

it's from the same dude who correctly predicted fallout 76, and pokemon let's go! eevee/pikachu were only announced yesterday, plus we know fortnite is confirmed, so 99% chance of it being real

that said i'd play the shit out of any fire emblem game
broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....