Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm

cooly wrote:
internetfriend wrote:i guess the star fox game is just an eve reskin?

is this real or a joke? i would be down for this

it’s a joke but it’d be real good
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby cooly » Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm

broodstar wrote:anyway, time to slay the spire until my eyes bleed or a vermintide patch comes out

i'm stuck on a12 and not sure how to do much better. when i don't get glacier on floor 1 i feel like i might as well reset. any tips? i looked at the spirelogs site you mentioned and it did rate a few cards highly that i almost never took before (coolheaded, for example), but i have an shameful winrate at this point on defect.
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby cooly » Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm

trouble wrote:
chairkicker wrote:why? why does metroid need to stay 2d?

he didn't say it needed to, he just didn't like them

ya i didn't mean to instigate any ragging on petty. i was just curious what you could be hoping for that would make that list disappointing because it seemed to have almost every major nintendo series that was missing on switch. i did forget animal crossing, and i would be excited for a new mario party game, but wondering what petty was hoping for.
cooly

Postby cooly » Wed May 30, 2018 1:28 pm

i liked petty before it was cool to like petty tbh
cooly

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 1:31 pm

after playing some more, even though defect has only mostly received nerfs, i've to amend my previous opinion and say it's probably the most busted class. it is dependent on a few cards, but once you obtain them, you know the run is won much earlier than with clad/silent. defect > silent > clad imo at a15 (and apparently according to statistics? unconfirmed.)

glacier is pretty much a busted block card, but reinforced body is also very good. conserve battery is now a common, although it's still pretty much leap with a meh upside. one thing i don't do unlike every other player is draft every leap--you are looking to supplement defense, but you need a balance, and leap becomes pretty bad eventually.

always pick every defragment, hologram, echo form (and creative ai => echo form) can serve as a one card win condition, else all for one decks are pretty stable. i dunno, whereas clad decks generally end with ~22 cards and silent decks with ~27, i almost never skip a card on defect unless all three are complete garbage. i usually end up with 35-45-some cards. not only does this drown out the low value of your starting deck, but it also helps combat the overreliance of upgrades on certain cards by just upping the average card quality per draw. it also enables stack (one of your best defensive tools) as a 1-mana block 30, or mind blast as innate 0-mana deal 40 and recycle with all for one. seek/reboot and cycle cards like coolheaded+/skim go a long way to maintaining consistent card quality.

another tip i read about and ever since trying it have implemented religiously is to gun for almost every elite in act 1 (like 2-4 is possible) and then avoid act 2 elites like the plague until you have a broken deck. you cannot handle gremlin leaders/slavers well, and even book of stabbing gives problems if you don't kill it quick enough.

i'm gonna try out the mad scientist: https://github.com/twanvl/sts-mad-science-mod/releases

when this game has a roster of like 15+ chars it's going to be endlessly replayable
broodstar

Postby cooly » Wed May 30, 2018 1:36 pm

thanks broodstar.

in my experience defect is the strongest when you have a solid deck but somewhat inconsistent, but i'm definitely playing it wrong.

i'm shocked that your decks are so big, so i'll try that method. i've been generally purging cards and upgrading as often as possible but if i take a bad fight it becomes awful because i start having to heal at fires instead of upgrade. hmm
cooly

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 1:41 pm

defect is pretty much the only character i end up resting on, especially in act 2, although i play over greedy with upgrades compared to most other top streamers

the thing about purging cards is you only have 4 strikes in act 1 to begin with, and you need all of that offense to kill anything, so it's difficult to justify removing any strikes in act 1. the only decent attacking options you're given for defect is like cold snap, barrage, maybe ball lightning/streamline if desperate, and then a bunch of 0-costs. many of my defect runs end in act 2 because i don't have enough offense, especially if i don't find focus or scaling damage
broodstar

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Coming back to battletech after poe break. Is it worth it to drop most of my nut buying pieces for a second dragon so I can field two heavies? Already got one dragon and feel like two would really help me out here against these 3 star missions. I don't seem to be building any other heavies very fast organically.

I got a gyro that says +1 melee attack or something similar that I thought would let me punch twice but it almost assuredly does not do that
WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby iambic » Wed May 30, 2018 1:55 pm

it is not worth doing anything to get a dragon
iambic

Postby iambic » Wed May 30, 2018 1:56 pm

just use the 55-ton mediums

the game sort of gates the available mechs with the story content, so you may need to progress there before more heavies show up

WHITEBOYWASTED wrote:I got a gyro that says +1 melee attack or something similar that I thought would let me punch twice but it almost assuredly does not do that

it means that enemies have a +1 penalty to hit you with a melee attack (i.e., it is 5% less likely they will hit)
iambic

Postby Kenny » Wed May 30, 2018 2:04 pm

trouble wrote:
chairkicker wrote:why? why does metroid need to stay 2d?

he didn't say it needed to, he just didn't like them

Yeah I'm not against them existing
Image REAL NAME NO GIMMICKS ImageImage
Never forget, other opinions are available
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 2:05 pm

wotc is really zapping my ass i am glad i didn’t get xcom 2 vanilla
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby chandler » Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Sources: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 2:09 pm

chandler wrote:Sources: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline.

they’re really taking iterative design to an unbelievable extreme and the product seems to be getting more boring all the time
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 2:11 pm

im surprised no one (pablito?) really got into wizard of legend. looks real interesting
broodstar

Postby iambic » Wed May 30, 2018 2:12 pm

"one source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing"

I wonder how many contradictory edicts came down from bethesda management as fortnite started to eat pubg's lunch
iambic

Postby chandler » Wed May 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Internet Commentators who suggested ark as a frame of reference probably have it correct

i don't know how base building would work in non-instanced servers really, but who knows
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 2:20 pm

broodstar wrote:i'm gonna try out the mad scientist: https://github.com/twanvl/sts-mad-science-mod/releases

prolly the most balanced and interesting character mod out there, but apparently i suck at learning new characters cause this is not going well
broodstar

Postby Contristo » Wed May 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Geez. It's just gonna give players a period of time to construct their defenses with the FO4 base builder and then the game will start in typical FPS multiplayer, with one vault (and various sections of that vault) as the location.

Would have preferred a remastered FO3 to this dull garbage
Contristo

Postby Marcus » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm

fallout's corpse once again brought out to display
Marcus

Postby Marcus » Wed May 30, 2018 2:34 pm

bethesda truly knows how to mail it in
Marcus

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 2:44 pm

damn they cracked 0x A press any% sm64 TAS runs using a floating point rounding error on the Wii VC

nutso
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Marcus » Wed May 30, 2018 2:46 pm

im so going to play this

Marcus

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 2:46 pm

it’s crazy that the run was apparently stuck at 1 A press for a long time. like they could do the entire game without any A presses except for a single necessary jump
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Wed May 30, 2018 2:47 pm

internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby broodstar » Wed May 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Oh and Microsoft is announcing a new Gears, Forza Horizon 4, Halo and Sunset Overdrive 2.
broodstar

Postby gambra » Wed May 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Always wanted to try out Sunset Overdrive but I don't even know anyone with an Xbox One.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby surly » Wed May 30, 2018 3:54 pm

There are rumors of a pc port coming
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me
surly
the insult bastard

Postby anephric » Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Sunset Overdrive is fun, though I haven't gotten very far in it.
blank face
anephric

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Wed May 30, 2018 4:39 pm

wait what happened to forza horizon 3
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....