Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:30 pm

chandler wrote:
Kenny wrote:It's a little cowardly to nickle and dime people and play on people's addictions/impatience with a system designed to make them impatient instead of just asking for the money up front

it's smart

And cowardly
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:32 pm

chandler wrote:ImageToggle Spoiler
Marcus

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Resorting to a free market argument for micro transactions in video games... I just.... Seinfeld gif
tim
whatabout tim

Postby broodstar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:33 pm

chandler wrote:they aren't putting a gun to your head. if you want to progress for dozens of hours go for it. if you don't want to, there's a $ option. who cares

but like....... how is gambling and mobile transactions exploitative and this isn't
broodstar

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm not sure why you're pretending so hard not to get it

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby chandler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:34 pm

broodstar wrote:
chandler wrote:they aren't putting a gun to your head. if you want to progress for dozens of hours go for it. if you don't want to, there's a $ option. who cares

but like....... how is gambling and mobile transactions exploitative and this isn't

paying to level up is literally the opposite of gambling. you know exactly what you are getting/saving on. it's smart of them to offer that for $
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby chandler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Kenny wrote:I'm not sure why you're pretending so hard not to get it

serious question, why aren't you mad that you don't have every ability maxed out from the minute you begin playing every game?
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?
chandler

Postby iambic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

star citizen has rotted your brain bud
iambic

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

chandler wrote:

serious question, why aren't you mad that you don't have every ability maxed out from the minute you begin playing every game?

I would be mad with any game that designed it to be harder to play through and then charged money to skip it, it's true

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Chandler why do you even play games
tim
whatabout tim

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:38 pm

someone help
Marcus

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 pm

SAVE US
Marcus

Postby chandler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

chandler wrote:i'm just curious why you all care that apparently the market has determined that people will pay $100 for an immediately competitive online experience, rather than $60
chandler

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

chandler wrote:
Kenny wrote:It's a little cowardly to nickle and dime people and play on people's addictions/impatience with a system designed to make them impatient instead of just asking for the money up front

it's smart

well outside of lots of people just being like yeah you know what 2k is a time sink anyway im just gonna stop playing, especially on pc where vc is negated by cheating anyway

we had enough for a league in 17, i dont know anyone that's bought 18 or 19. seems like kind of a dumb move when they're trying to do esports, too.
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:40 pm

To me, a game is a type of a work of art and I'm paying money to appreciate that art and with that is the implicit goal that they have developed a game to be as enjoyable as within their powers and this game is not developed to be as enjoyable as possible but to be enjoyable enough to make you want to pay more

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:41 pm

chandler wrote:
chandler wrote:i'm just curious why you all care that apparently the market has determined that people will pay $100 for an immediately competitive online experience, rather than $60

Hey I can retreat to my old point too
Last edited by Kenny on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby chandler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:41 pm

a-10 warthog champion wrote:
chandler wrote:

it's smart

well outside of lots of people just being like yeah you know what 2k is a time sink anyway im just gonna stop playing, especially on pc where vc is negated by cheating anyway

we had enough for a league in 17, i dont know anyone that's bought 18 or 19. seems like kind of a dumb move when they're trying to do esports, too.

yeah i picked it up on ps4 cause the cheating/empty courts on pc will suck
chandler

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

i dont have any problem with them selling vc, but even for 17 the prices were pretty insane, especially once you got closer to maxing a character and it's like $5 for two points in a stat.
who we are- laid back, eco-conscious, informal, off the cuff, good music, no bullshit...
a-10 warthog champion

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Isn’t cheating basically the same as paying more money? Same result
tim
whatabout tim

Postby mystery meat » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 pm

how bout that spider-man
mystery meat

Postby iambic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 pm

chandler wrote:

the market has also determined that star citizen players are gullible rubes, but we can still denounce the game as a predatory scheme imo
iambic

Postby internetfriend » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 pm

chandler wrote:

this is a very confusing arguments. why aren’t you mad that movies don’t show you every frame simultaneously?
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby Kenny » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm

I went and saw Spider Man 2 when I was in France while it was out and the people kept saying "Speeder min" deux and it was cute

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm

To be fair I didn’t know you got conned by star citizen
tim
whatabout tim

Postby chandler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm

i agree it's confusing and why i made that post. people are mad that the game a) makes you play it if you want to level up but don't want to pay and b) unlocks the best stuff behind a time grind, like literally every other game?
chandler

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Did they show you the ending first Kenny? Why wouldn’t they just give you the sweet climax without grinding through the story
tim
whatabout tim

Postby a-10 warthog champion » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm

actually now that i think of it i think the 2k pro league uses pre-built builds for qualifiers, not your actual player
a-10 warthog champion

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:45 pm

I wish I had all chandler posts from the very beginning so I could skip them
Marcus

Postby whatabout tim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Marcus wrote:I wish I had all chandler posts from the very beginning so I could skip them

I’d pay. Well for everything but roco
tim
whatabout tim

Postby broodstar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

internetfriend wrote:this is a very confusing arguments. why aren’t you mad that movies don’t show you every frame simultaneously?

i generally am

gentle reminder that all non mon hunners are cowards
broodstar

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....