oh to be but a waiter for key
benj

Postby internetfriend » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:26 am

yeah it's also spawning some remarkable memes

iambic wrote:no don't make those posts
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby churrokbyme » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:00 am

I try not to care about this sort of thing but it hits me right in the nostalgia feels. After killing the soul of the franchise with D3 I guess its fitting they would desecrate its corpse.
churrokbyme

Postby banquo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am

benj wrote:gim us keys
banquo

Postby an otter » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:07 pm

trouble wrote:

looks pretty cool, but is it going to be class based or can any player pick up any spell in the field?

I can already tell I'm not good enough to be good at this game.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ
an otter

Postby broodstar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:11 pm

hello, i'll be your waiter. our special of the day is the quarter spellbreak with cheese.
broodstar

Postby internetfriend » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:28 pm

the “slow your fall if you start shouting at the apex of your jump” mechanic is so simple and fun and good
internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby internetfriend » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:55 pm

internetfriend
pubg survivalist

Postby terrific bedwetter » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am

internetfriend wrote:the “slow your fall if you start shouting at the apex of your jump” mechanic is so simple and fun and good

Yeah the feel of that looks so satisfying
terrific bedwetter

Postby cooly » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:35 am

that spellbreak video reminds me of a dbz quake 3 mod i used to play

can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Welcome to 5 reasons not to use an engine that you made entirely open and provided all the tools needed to mod that engine in an online game. Oh and how to entirely not secure anything for your users.

I am as much a Fallout and Bethesda fan as everyone else, I've sunk around 4000 hours into Fallout4 and have been making mods for about 2 years. So when I got into the PC Beta and it allowed me to download the client and files, I started playing with them.

Number 1: There are no server checks to verify models or file integrity. Want to make trees smaller, or player models bright colors to see them easier? Go right ahead, here are the tools to do it!

Number 2: Terrain and invisible walls/collision is client side! Want to walk through walls? Open up that beautiful .esm file and edit it. The server doesn't care or check!

Number 3: Want to save money on server hardware and make ping a little more manageable? Go ahead and open up client to client communication but don't encrypt it or obfuscate it in anyway. Open up Wireshark while playing and nab anyone's IP you want! Send packets to the server to auto use consumables, all very nicely and in plain text! Even get health info and player location, why waste time injecting the executable and getting nabbed by anti-cheat when you can get all info from the network!

Number 4: Want to grief people and be a God? Go ahead and keep looping the packet captured in Wireshark reporting you gave full HP. Why would the server care about something as little and not game breaking like this?!?! It's a great idea to let the client tell the server it's state and the server not check anything it's being told! The possibilities with this are endless and probably able to just give yourself items by telling the server you picked it up!

Number 5: Someone in your game being mean? Again have Wireshark? Well let's just forge a packet with the disconnect command in it and knock them offline!

In conclusion: Bethesda should not have just made Fallout76 by throwing mods on it from Nexus and sold it as a new game. Have fun in the wasteland gamers.
broodstar

Postby Marcus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:45 pm

lol bethesda
Marcus

Postby Esteban » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Esteban

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:50 pm

do you think this looks like dream quest

broodstar

Postby chairkicker » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:18 pm

Esteban wrote:

I never played the original, was it even that popular?

got i hate how generic cereal box art this looks. i'll play but these "remasters" are desperately in need of some art direction
chairkicker

Postby kirito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:24 pm

if they had just shown a diablo 4 logo with no trailer everything would have been fine
kirito

Postby kirito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 pm

anyway diablo 3 came out 5 years ago and has had a pretty long lifecycle so i don't really know why these nerds are so upset anyway. the wait between d2 and d3 was like 12 years.
kirito

Postby Bad Craziness » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 pm

kirito wrote:anyway diablo 3 came out 5 years ago and has had a pretty long lifecycle so i don't really know why these nerds are so upset anyway. the wait between d2 and d3 was like 12 years.

I think it’s less about wanting d4 and more about wanting reassurance that Blizzard won’t abandon its commitment to PC gaming. I think they even know that it will probably be a popular game and that’s part of why they’re mad because a popular and lucrative Blizzard mobile game makes it that much more likely for some Activision exec to point to revenue charts and bring up the question of why they bother having Blizzard spend time/money on PC games at all

it’s also a larger question of the company overall catering more to Chinese audiences than American PC audiences, which is similar to what’s happened to blockbuster movies in the past several years

I thought D3 was unbearably boring so I don’t really give a shit either way, but it’s interesting to follow
Bad Craziness

Postby kirito » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Bad Craziness wrote:
kirito wrote:anyway diablo 3 came out 5 years ago and has had a pretty long lifecycle so i don't really know why these nerds are so upset anyway. the wait between d2 and d3 was like 12 years.

I think it’s less about wanting d4 and more about wanting reassurance that Blizzard won’t abandon its commitment to PC gaming. I think they even know that it will probably be a popular game and that’s part of why they’re mad because a popular and lucrative Blizzard mobile game makes it that much more likely for some Activision exec to point to revenue charts and bring up the question of why they bother having Blizzard spend time/money on PC games at all

it’s also a larger question of the company overall catering more to Chinese audiences than American PC audiences, which is similar to what’s happened to blockbuster movies in the past several years

I thought D3 was unbearably boring so I don’t really give a shit either way, but it’s interesting to follow

but overwatch and battle for azeroth are still very popular and they just announced a wc3 remaster. it's fucked up that they would show off a phone game like some huge announcement but i don't think it indicates that they're abandoning pc anytime soon.
kirito

Postby Bad Craziness » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:55 pm

yeah the people who are mad are neither smart nor emotionally mature
Bad Craziness

Postby cooly » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:57 pm

the diablo phone game looks kind of fun to me.

my one concern is that it might make me answer the question "how much would i pay for a phone game?", and that's assuming it's not micro-transaction driven.
can wrote:old lady [whispering]
cooly

Postby Kenny » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:02 pm

I wonder how gaming would look if you couldn't make more than say, 4 or 5 games in any IP
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Grey Poupon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:12 pm

Medieval looks really really really

really really

boring
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby Grey Poupon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Kenny wrote:I wonder how gaming would look if you couldn't make more than say, 4 or 5 games in any IP

My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
Grey Poupon

Postby broodstar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 pm

i dont really get gamers' attachments to series/ip and, i mean:
Path of Exile private leagues come with mods that make the game 'absurdly hard'

but then i play trails and i get it
broodstar

Postby broodstar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 am

man dqxi is so good

name me a jrpg that's nailed difficulty better
broodstar

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:08 am

I finally beat Arkham Asylum... it’s been sitting on my pile of shame for 6 years. I liked it - obviously it’s pretty dated but the atmosphere is cool. The art design/unreal engine 3 of it all is a bit hard to get over but mostly it was cool. Started up Arkham City but kind of want to jump to Arkham Origina because of the whole Christmas setting.
deadbass

Postby deadbass » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 am

I did NOT enjoy the Killer Croc or Scarecrow parts.
deadbass

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:42 am

Played through Night In The Woods. I liked it a lot! The Big Mystery was a lil whatever but I liked inhabiting the world and feel like people are having similar feelings to me and it was pretty
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

Hi, I'm Kenny. I'm a Sagittarius and I love old video games and drinking craft beers.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Marcus » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 am

man, just...

hell yes
Marcus

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....